DMU-COMS Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I remember the days back when I used to be able to party........its funny what a year of sleep deprivation does to your social scene drive!! Dmak we all know that all it takes is someone wearing to perfume to lure you neked out of your bed.

Members don't see this ad.

cremaster2007 said:
Yes, I remember the days back when I used to be able to party........its funny what a year of sleep deprivation does to your social scene drive!! Dmak we all know that all it takes is someone wearing to perfume to lure you neked out of your bed.

How can you tell when Dmak is not wearing clothes?

Everytime I see him, it looks like he's skinned a bear and is wearing it's coat..... :p

Portier said:
How can you tell when Dmak is not wearing clothes?

Everytime I see him, it looks like he's skinned a bear and is wearing it's coat..... :p

Don't be jealous of my manly sheen. I love school. I'm already perpetually tired. :sleep:

dmak

Members don't see this ad :)
DMAKSIMOVIC said:
Don't be jealous of my manly sheen. I love school. I'm already perpetually tired. :sleep:

dmak

At least if the "day after tomorrow" happens you will be warm. I also agree, it took alot longer last year to reach this point of tiredness:( Oh well guess I'm just gonna have to suck it up and start dressing like portier.

Like Dolly says, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

And I'm hoping my Dmak coat will come in when I reach 70 or so...so I can be the geriatric pimp.

R

You already are a geriatric pimp... well not pimp so much as repressed oogler. :D

ray is just geriatric period, its how he likes his food, women, and underwear...........old and a little on the dirty side.

Am I so transparent as that?

I was sure my su-A-ve and DE-boner act was working.

Come to club day!
Join AMOPS!....or not.

R

Portier said:
Come to club day!
Join AMOPS!....or not.

R

I'm only joining if i get to do covert special ops things at school.......excellent.

dmak

I tried to find you guys but I couln't see most in thier shwank camoflauge... thou Portier looked very "Officer and a Gentleman" hot today....
I needed a tissue.. :eek:

Portier does his best Maverick look-alike sometimes when he is attempting to hin on the womens!! I'm gonna put on the brakes and he'll fly right bye.

CreMATER,

Will you be my wingman?

I worked 10 years to get my shoulderboards and whites. I'm proud to wear it and to have more ribbons than most of the officers.

I actually miss having something to supervise and walk around and talk to people. I miss my 70 pharm techs to talk to. I could come over and totally interrupt their work and chat about whatever...their kids, tv, nerdly topics (like cremaster lifts).

Now, I write papers aobut old people.

FYI, if you want to join my Navy we're gonna' have a Chili cook off. Beer, Military men, and Chili...sounds like a recipe for disaster.

All we need is a tatoo booth, and strippers, and it'll feel like a Marine Corps Family Picnic. :D

Yeah ..instead you'll just have a bunch stinky squids..
You almost have that chief thing going you just forgot your coffe cup!

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll have to get a gander at my commissioning pics.

I had the chief's gut going even more then than I do now.

For the picnic, I hope Ryan makes it all service, so we'll have stinky flyboys, grunts, and squids.

Back to the farm. :luck:

Ahhh Portier, I have a hard enough time having a school recommend to me what I should do let alone anyone yelling at me. My parents tried the whole tough love rules stuff, it got them about nowhere. You know the whole you don't get your allowance if you don't do your chores. I came back with that's fine I'll just drop to prostitution or drug dealing, coming from a 14 year old I think they got the point that it was gonna be a rough teenage go for them, but hey everything worked out well in the end. Plus with all that testosterone around I would probably have to flex all the time and talk about old war memories and secret sniper missions (from my Medal of Honor PS2 game that is!!).

Doctors get yelled at anyway..especially you ninny surgeon wannabe's.

Your concupiscent nature is fed by delusions of grandeur, and imagining that the truth will finally be, "that's a good size."

Just Kidding.

FYI, I'm no super genius, but I do have a helmet that says, "Maverick."

There was a flight officer that I used to dispense meds for (for real) whose code name was, "Bitch." So I got to call him Captain Bitch. There was also one called, "Puke" since he did the first time he went up and did some maneuvers.

Flight officers are worse than doctors.

Portier,
Yes people will yell at me, but I'm allowed to yell back!!! In the military you just just bend over and take it, which is why you are an army of one being all that you can be. I :love: pharm!!!

Portier,
I :love: pharm, like you :love: the pharm animals!!

Do you care that Procainamide comes in a SR and ER form?
That one is gray with pink letters (tablet), and one is a blue and white capsule.

That once I filled one for the other, and had to learn that SR and ER are not the same.

Sustained release ensures the plamsa level stays constant.
Extended release merely puts the same amount of drug out over a constant period of time without regard to plasma level.

How's that for scroggin? :confused:

Oh man..you totally blew my trip..that is SOOO not scroggin... Hey has anyone else seen the many ads on here for foreign med schools..strange huh?

I was actually searching names.

I take names of freinds I know, and put them into a google image search.

Then I take the web pages and email them to the person.

However, when I searched Dejan Maksimovic:

http://venus.elfak.ni.ac.yu/~maksa/maksa.html

http://www.dmu.edu/soma/officers.html

That's not quite as fun.
However, Cremaster gets you:

http://www.offoffoff.com/film/2003/images/cremaster.jpg

http://www.beavercleaver.net/32.jpg

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymag/critics/art/artreview_03_175.jpg

Anyway that's my, "I'm too bored to pay attention game."

I found the UNCW page looking up somebody else :p

OMG! I never knew cremaster was so versitile.

Thousandth said:
OMG! I never knew cremaster was so versitile.

You should see him in bed.......hoooooooah.

dmak

Its amazing what you can do with a pitching wedge, three ice cubes, a can of yogurt,and a buffalo.

cremaster2007 said:
Its amazing what you can do with a pitching wedge, three ice cubes, a can of yogurt,and a buffalo.

reminds me of undergrad.....except we used mayo instead of yogurt. the good old days.

That Veronica Vaugh is one piece or arse.
Me and her GOT IT ON

No, you didn't

Well, not me and her, but a friend of mine did and IT WAS HOT

No he didn't

You're right. But you could imagine if they did.

Hmm..we just needed baby oil, twister, peanut butter, and a spoon.. but your stuff sounds interesting. Wonder if we can arrange a interactive demonstration using Lucky ?!

I think portier has really lost it now..not only is he talking to himself but he is doing it online..wow

You've been talking in your sleep
Sleeping in your dreams
With some sweet lover

Holding her so tight
Loving her the way
You used to love me.

You've been talking in your sleep
With loving on your mind...

(If that ain't the Best Crystal Gayle song ever?!?)
http://www.midatlantic.net/8x10/crystal-gayle.jpg
:love:

Good luck on your Bio-Chem test kiddies. It's not bad. Just easing you in to the hell that awaits you in anatomy. WEEEEEEEEEE :D :D

dmak

I also hope you guys did well on your first biochem test.....it doesn't get harder really it just gets more frequent...........welcome to med school.

I am upset. I studied 2-4 hours a day for biochem and ended up with a 78%. I have never studied that much before for anything (except MCAT). What The FREOEWUREORHK!!!!!!!!

Thousandth said:
I am upset. I studied 2-4 hours a day for biochem and ended up with a 78%. I have never studied that much before for anything (except MCAT). What The FREOEWUREORHK!!!!!!!!

Don't be too discouraged. You will probably get a few points back first of all cause I am sure some of the people in your class are going to complain. 2nd of all you passed which should your primary goal while you are adjusting. And now you know what to expect for the test from teachers and the types of questions. We have a tutor meeting today, and they'll get the pictures up with info soon, so if you still feel frustrated or like you just don't get what they are going to focus on feel free to look one of us up. You'll be fine though, and before you get really upset check the average because sometimes the test is just hard and everyone struggles to a certain extent. Good luck with the rest of the week.

Thousandth said:

Unfortunately medical school is where a lot of really smart people get there asses kicked on exams on a regular basis. As I told a friend of mine who consistentely did fair/poor on tests but was not unintelligent: as you study try to figure out what they will ask (or) what is the really testable material than just blindly putting in time. Also-figure out how you learn so that you can retain a fairly high percentage of core facts/info on your first pass through material. Use the resources like tutors, pm me with any ?'s

thanks guys, Cremaster the average was 84% so I felt worse.. Oh well I'll use the class as an adjustment period.. Damn

To quote the Woolley:

Unless you're looking to go into left pinky surgery, grades won't make too big a deal.

She said that doing well, and passing is important, the rest of it is marketing, and interviews.

I don't know for sure...I'm just a student.

I think having a transitional period is quite normal, and it's probably a good learning experience. Then you can figure out what really works for you at this point.

I was going to start a book list earlier, but never got around to it. Here's my list of stuff that I found really helpful for my first year. Most of them are on reserve at the library, so if you don't want to go and buy all these, check them out and see if you like them:
(BRS = board review series, HY = High Yield)
Anatomy: BRS Gross Anatomy, HY Anatomy, Anatomy Recall
Micro: Clinical Micro Made Ridiculously Simple
Pathology: BRS Path, Robbins Path Review question book (I love path so I bought the big Robbins, and they just came out with a new edition...it's a little overkill, but it's a great resource)
Physiology: BRS Physiology, Road Map Physiology
Neuroanatomy: HY Neuro, BRS Neuro (very similar books; HY is more concise, and they use the same figures since both are written by the same author)
Histo: Wheater's Functional Histo

Some people love flash cards, and they sell those for a lot of things, like micro and pharm, but I'm not really a card person. The best advice I can offer is to find a comfortable and effective study method for yourself, whether it be to study alone, in groups, going to the professor, whatever. Good luck!

Oh yeah, review books are just that, for review. Some may be too concise for you to get a good explanation of some topics, but you always have lecture notes and a main text, either your own or one at the library, to read through.

Lucky is right review books are great, but can be too concise. I wouldn't worry about class averages and etc. When it comes down to it, most schools just use either a Pass/Fail system or don't release grades at all but just give you class rank. I found that if I just sat down and read the handouts 2 or 3 times before the test (if there was enough time for that) I did extremely well. It is different for everyone though, so good luck and don't get too down, once you have your confidence hit it can effect everything so just remember what got you here and that as long as you pass nothing else really matters.

I like doing farm at 4AM.
I don't feel stressed at all.
My eyes don't burn.

:eek:

Thanks guys, Lucky I already have some of those books, but the list helps.. just wish I had some way to do biochem better...

I was told by most of the second years to bring your biochem notes to the bar with you. Not only do you study better, but it's a good tool to pick up chicks.

How do you guys time manage? I am behind a few biochem lectures and now have to try and add anatomy/embryo...do I sleep? Sorry to whine but damn this is quiet the unkown for me..

She goes fast, but she's a good tester.
Study the notepool from her lecture. She's awesoeme...

Thousandth said:
How do you guys time manage? I am behind a few biochem lectures and now have to try and add anatomy/embryo...do I sleep? Sorry to whine but damn this is quiet the unkown for me..

Try to go over just the lectures you had that day, and spend more time on whatever class has the next test when you do have free time......the weekend, my friend, is when you are going to be making up for lost time. Take one day do just biochem, take the other day do just anatomy. Get into the lab as much as possible, the practical can save your arse.

cool, thanks guys.. BTW anyone know a good computer repair shop around here? My desktop took a major crap on me and I don't have gthe time to figure it out.

maybe comp usa. that's where I took mine when it crashed.

Cremaster,

Thanks for the TA-age in OMM today. You did a good job. Felt sorry for my partner though. Anyway, I love purine synthesis, yes I do.........

Sether52do,
I didn't realize that was you, no problem, and I hope that the next feels good.....it's a shock that first time you get it done, but usually it feels pretty nice afterwards. If you have any questions feel free to shoot them my way.