DMU-COM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know how full DMU's class is right now?

Members don't see this ad.

I am shocked and relieved at the same time! Just got my acceptance email!! :)

Anyone else who interviewed on jan 22 hear anything?

I was very impressed by the school and especially the people I met.

I am so excited to be attending DMU this year!

I am shocked and relieved at the same time! Just got my acceptance email!! :)

Anyone else who interviewed on jan 22 hear anything?

I was very impressed by the school and especially the people I met.

I am so excited to be attending DMU this year!

feels great doesn't it... congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't post this last week, but I have to say DMU is a great school from my experiences. I went to my interview not knowing precisely what to expect, but I felt like they had their stuff together as well. Additionally, every student I saw seemed happy to be there and none made the proclamation that the school was too much for them. All of the faculty seemed friendly and open and the facilities were amazing. It also helps when the Dean of the school came to meet with us and told us his #1 priority when hiring faculty is "Are they great teachers?" I hope to have a tough decision to make, if I'm fortunate. I'd be honored to have an acceptance from DMU and I can understand everyone above's excitement! Good luck to everyone!

*Note: The interviews are way laid back. If anything, I wish I would have had more time with the interviewers and not less.*

Any body interviewing on Friday of this week? I am really excited to finally go and see DMU!

Interviewed Jan 28th and just got the acceptance email right now.

Congrats. I also think there is already a FB group started if I'm not mistaken. Did you turn down your other acceptance?

There is another facebook group started, it's called:
DMU College of Osteopathic Medicine Class of 2014

didn't know...I couldn't find it when I was looking. Sry I will shut the other one down. Yeah, I turned down AT Still University (KCOM) and LMU-DCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application and canceled my interview for Feb. 18th. So if anyone is looking for an earlier interview date, there is now an opening. Good luck to everyone!

I had my interview on Friday and I have to say that I have never been more impressed by an academic institution. My interview was the most comfortable interview situation that I have ever been in. They genuinely just wanted to know who I was as a person, and what I was all about. I hope that I get into DMU. It jumped straight to my #1 choice after the experience I had there!

I'll be there Thursday 2/18. Anyone else on the forum on that day?

I just moved up my interview to this thursday and am in desperate need of information. I am scheduling flights and I need to know what time the interview day is completed. Will I be able to make a 5:00pm flight that day?

I just moved up my interview to this thursday and am in desperate need of information. I am scheduling flights and I need to know what time the interview day is completed. Will I be able to make a 5:00pm flight that day?

Nevermind. I booked an additional day

Accepted! I interviewed on 2/4 and got the call about 40 mins ago. The email showed up 20 mins ago fwiw.

Now I have a tough decision to make, but I'm blessed to have this problem.

Accepted! I interviewed on 2/4 and got the call about 40 mins ago. The email showed up 20 mins ago fwiw.

Now I have a tough decision to make, but I'm blessed to have this problem.

Congrats Physio! and congrats to everyone else that's been accepted! It's definitely good to have options.

I called today, I have had the complete email for a while now ( bout a month). They told me that my file is still under review. Does that just mean rejection?

I called today, I have had the complete email for a while now ( bout a month). They told me that my file is still under review. Does that just mean rejection?

No. I called after being complete about a month, and they said I'd hear next week as they were a week behind. Don't give up hope just yet!

I have a 3.5 science, an 3.4 cum 24Q. I think after reading this forum Im out of luck I havent been complete a month yet. But I realized that I sent in all my stuff an may have put the wrong name on my seconday for one of mt letters but they sent me a complete email on the 29th of January. Any advice? Thanks for the advice.

Man, I have been on hold here since Feb 3. Have people that have been put on pre-interview hold actually gotten an interview? (from my experience with holds, they have all been prolonged rejections:()

I have a 3.5 science, an 3.4 cum 24Q. I think after reading this forum Im out of luck I havent been complete a month yet. But I realized that I sent in all my stuff an may have put the wrong name on my seconday for one of mt letters but they sent me a complete email on the 29th of January. Any advice? Thanks for the advice.

If you just put the wrong name, I would simply give them a call and ask to have it fixed.

Is Anybody interviewing this friday the 26th? Also, I was curious if anyone had an idea of how full the class currently is for next fall.

I completed mid/early Jan and haven't heard back...am I out of luck or is there still hope? Do they let you know if they aren't interviewing you or only if they decide to?

Interviewed February 4th, accepted today (February 23rd).

from friday:

170 tuition deposits sent in
221 seats available
100 pending acceptance offers

Could u explain? I thought our class size will be around 150, or that's what they told us. How can 221 seats available?
Our info packet they gave us show class size:150

Never mind, after 12 hours of work, I knew I screw up something.
I am on the wrong schools's discussion.
Lesson learned: work less!
Apologies to all of you!!! And congrats on your acceptances!!!!

Last edited:
Just got an interview to DMU! YESS!!!!

I just got my interview invite today! So the earlier you interview the better? I really dont think I could make it till beginning of April.

I just got my interview invite today! So the earlier you interview the better? I really dont think I could make it till beginning of April.

definitely the earlier the better because of rolling admission. its a great school and a great interview day. very impressive! not stressful but I would schedule as early as you could

definitely try to get the earliest date you can.

Im conflicted. Can anybody give me there opinion. I just got back from another school interview yesterday and I cant wait to go to this one but with my job and money I really dont think I can get there till April 2. Is that to late or should i just risk my job and go in two weeks? And the tickets and stuff seem expensive.

Im conflicted. Can anybody give me there opinion. I just got back from another school interview yesterday and I cant wait to go to this one but with my job and money I really dont think I can get there till April 2. Is that to late or should i just risk my job and go in two weeks? And the tickets and stuff seem expensive.

I would learn as much about the school as possible then. Have you been accepeted anywhere? If so, would you prefer DMU if you got in there? Its a tough decision but if you haven't gotten in anywhere yet and you are willing to move to Des Moines for school I would try to talk to work about the situation. Good luck hope it works out

Accepted!!

Interview: February 12th
Accepted: February 25th

See those who are going to DMU in the Fall!!:D

Interviewing March 18th!!! Soo excited!!!

anyone hear anything yet from the 2/19 interview yet today?

I interviewed 2/18 and haven't heard anything yet.

I knew they added interview dates last month due to the high demand so I guess they are just behind, though from other sdn'ers it seemed they are normally spot on the two week notification. Best of luck!

I interviewed 2/19 and called them this morning. They told me that they have not gotten the results from committee as yet, so we should hear back early next week!

Been playing around with the online student portal. Clicked on the student services tab, read the entire page, but I can't seem to find a bunch of things it says to complete before orientation. Can any current students or DO 2014 students help me locate these items on the portal?

I can't even find the bolded individualized list of tasks on the portal lol...

1. Online registration items (check the portal for your individualized list of tasks)
2. Online computer skills assessment
3. Online individual and +1 Wellness release forms
4. Online vehicle parking registration and payment
5. Online Accounting forms: information release, direct deposit authorization, 1098-T electronic delivery authorization
6. Online sign up to attend the Iowa Cubs game on Wednesday

Any ideas :confused:

I haven't really found any of that on the portal site either... I would assume much of it would become available, however, once we near the beginning of school. Honestly, most of the stuff looks like things you would do a week or two before orientation.

edit: found this on the orientation page "NOTE: "Online" tasks are completed via the New Student Portal; watch for postings throughout the Spring/Summer advising when each item becomes available."

Last edited:
I can't remember exactly, but I think that stuff to fill out wasn't available until around end of March/beginning of April or so. When everything is put up on the portal, go ahead and take care of all the health requirements first (immunizations, physical, etc.). This stuff takes the longest, and I think it's usually due sometime in June.