DMU Class of 2007 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jane!
Here's a question for you...you said that you live at the Imperial...I was wondering how you liked it, and is it within walking distance to the school? Do you know of other places within walking distance to the school that you have heard other people talk about?

Also, I would love to meet you before school starts--maybe on Sunday? It would be nice to know a friendly face on Monday!

talk to you soon!
Mindy

Members don't see this ad.

I have left Des Moines. It was kind of sad walking on to campus today. I know I'll be back, mostly to buy books and programsvwhen the money shows up (financial aid) :D, but I won't be going to class. . .ever. . .again :) It was nice meeting you (Jane, Prad, Rick, and Jenny). Best of luck on your years ahead. If you guys ever have any questions, feel free to email me. Soon you'll have your stalker book and my official DMU address is in there.

JP, good luck to you and Charmange (sp!!) on your move to Ohio! I'll see you at graduation. I think we'll be about 6 or so seats apart :p

Later Gators!

Katie

Hey Katie! I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out some more. I've been pretty busy with some stuff. Have a great time at all those places you're going! That's so exciting. Show them what DMUers are made of! :D

Mindy, I sent you a PM :)

Jane

Members don't see this ad :)
hey jane,
i'm sorry about not being able to meet you guys for lunch. i didn't realize how hectic moving would be. well, i'm sure that i will see you at the spaghetti works on saturday. orientation is in a couple of days and then you start. it should be fun.
ttyl,
kimberlee :)

hey guys
i just got back into town last night!! i was sOOOO tired..
anyways, i'm here now! ... you guys would never guess who i got a call from on wed. evening!! MSU... yup ... anyways, i turned them down... i love DMU too much to change my mind :love:

Jenny, i got your message :) i'm gonna give you a call as soon as i get out of here

Jane, how are you doing? ... i hope this past week has been fun ;) ..

hope everyone else is ok... i hope to see you guys at some of the upcoming pre orientation events
Lina

Hello fellow DMU students,

I am currently enrolled in the DMU-CPMS class of 2007. Under further consideration, I have decided to take the MCAT in August and try to get into the COMS program at DMU. This will mean dropping out of CPMS in December IF my MCAT score comes back favorably. Just in case you were curious, yes, I was accepted to the CPMS without any MCAT score.

I was wondering what some of your scores were on your MCAT, in combination with your science / overall GPA? I was fortunate to graduate with a 4.0 / 4.0 and don't really know what kind of score on the MCAT I'm going to need.

I have heard of students at DMU with MCAT scores as low as 19, but the website mentions that the admissions committee looks for scores in the 24 range.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot,

AttemptDOnowDPM

Originally posted by AttemptDOnowDPM
Hello fellow DMU students,

I am currently enrolled in the DMU-CPMS class of 2007. Under further consideration, I have decided to take the MCAT in August and try to get into the COMS program at DMU. This will mean dropping out of CPMS in December IF my MCAT score comes back favorably. Just in case you were curious, yes, I was accepted to the CPMS without any MCAT score. (Kinda scary)

I was wondering what some of your scores were on your MCAT, in combination with your science / overall GPA? I was fortunate to graduate with a 4.0 / 4.0 and don't really know what kind of score on the MCAT I'm going to need.

I have heard of students at DMU with MCAT scores as low as 19, but the website mentions that the admissions committee looks for scores in the 24 range.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot,

AttemptDOnowDPM

I would talk to Becky Grissom, Director of Admissons, in COMS Admission. Someone else has done this last year and she may help more than anyone else on this site....

The MCAT average was 25 last year but it fluctuates from 25-29. I don't believe DMU has ever accepted someone with an MCAT lower than a 22 or 23.... and the only reason these people got accepted is because of a high GPA and medical experience....

Good luck,
JP

JP is right, the average was about 25 this year (actually a little higher I think) and is usually in the 25-27 range. I do know a few students with MCAT's as low as 21 but they had exceptional other goodies in their application. Exceptional.

Lina, congrats on MSU! But I'm glad you're going to stay at DMU :)

Kimberlee, it was good to see you last night! I hope I'll catch you during orientation. Good luck on those exams!

Mindy, it was great to meet you tonight! We'll have fun :)

See everybody at orientation tomorrow! :D

Attention all 007's,

I just wanted to say hello. I got my laptop today, which is a fantastic distraction from teh biochem exam tomorrow, but hey. at any rate, I was going to try and get everyone's aol instant messenger names if they have them, so that we can chit-chat etc. mine is jeev2020, feel free to hit me up. later peeps, and good luck on biochem I, make sure you know the pKA groups of the amino acids!

Raj

I am jealous of your guys laptop....may think of getting one at christmas.

Finally, somebody digs this up :clap:

My AIM name is jane11O1 (note that it is the letter 'O', not a zero...AOL made me get a new screenname when I cancelled)

Isn't this fun? ;)

Hey guys,
I don't remember my AOL name, i'll have to get back to you on that.
thanks
Jenny

Members don't see this ad :)
"It had the consistency of SNOT"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now that ain't kosher!! :D

Geez, can you believe it's been almost 2 months since anybody posted on here? You guys suck :p

Head and neck rocks doesn't it :D I am so tempted to go to bed right now.

We should all go out someday. I hardly see any of you guys except for Raj :rolleyes: tee hee...alright, see y'all in OMM.

J-ho...
I'm so depressed that I studied my ass off, and still couldn't score an A on the exam.

Med school is a very humbling experience. you think you're the shiznit, and you bust your ass, for two weeks. and you're still disappointed with the results. I only hope, as terrible as it is to say, that the mean was low. I agree with you, j-ho that the exam was poorly written. hopefully I'll get some back on the qeustion review. I've got some valid arguements, and proctors were not very helpful as far as my questions. Oh well. @ the Drink tonight. It'll be a good time.

RajMahal

Hey sexxy...:p

Yeah, I think I did better on the written than the practical again. By a couple % pts. We did bust our asses off...and we'll do the same next time. I'm surprised I'm doing as well as I seem to be, even though when we study together, I feel like we're on the same page. Like I said, there were a few ways you can look at the questions, so def. ask them about it.

I will be there tonight! Won't go wild, but I'll have fun watching you :D

Wow--Drink was a good time, so I'm told. hee hee. back to the grind--I'm gonna hit histo pretty hard tomorrow. let me know if you're interested. See you in Anatomy!

Raj

Raj-man,

I'll hit the books after dinner tonight, around 8 maybe? I might just stay home and read though.

And yes, you had a lot of good and dirty fun at Drink ;)

Originally posted by NDESTRUKT
luckystar is cute =) haha

HAH the blasphemy!! If you only knew :(

How's it goin?? I see you're going to CCOM. Congrats!!!! Although we'll miss you here...I'm sure you'll have a great time at CCOM and they're lucky to have you :D Chat w/ you more later!

Lucky is cute.....but she stood me up tonight.... No sushi partner.

lucky,

when are you back in CA? maybe we can meet up?

j^p

Beau, did you end up going w/ Christine? I'm sorry...I felt really bad because I know how much she wanted to go last night. I've been drained this whole week...like, I've been sleeping a lot more than usual, but still tired all day. I think I'm back to myself today though :) We'll go out next week, k?

J^P, I'll be back in SF on 12/21, for 2 weeks. But you're in So-Cal! What do you think?

Okay, we are on for next week then.... Say do you have a hot 2nd year date for the Halloween party yet??? :D

Originally posted by texdrake
Okay, we are on for next week then.... Say do you have a hot 2nd year date for the Halloween party yet??? :D

What?? There are hot 2nd years????

Haha, j/k :p

I might go with a group of hot first years, if I go at all. Don't you have your little blue-midget group to go with?

thats the smurfs.....not blue midgets. Having trouble finding Red sweat pants to be papa smurf so I may go as something else...it will be cute.... Just like me.

Well, Smurfs are technically blue midgets :p I didn't know if it was some big secret, so I didn't want to say explicitly that you were going as a Smurf. Yeah, I'm not a costume-y kind of gal, so we'll see...

hey luckystar,

my cousins live up in SF...I might be visiting them over the xmas break...I'll letcha know!!!

-j^p

I thought I would bring this back from the dead. Besides that I thogut it would be a good +pad+

I feel like I'm in a time warp, seeing this crazy thread again :scared:

Good times :cool:

Let the good times roll baby!!!!!

And we shall keep the S in COMS!! Um...well....I hope so...:confused:

Actually lucky it "&S"

smart, maby....beautifull, most definately (my a$$ that is) :p

Originally posted by luckystar
And we shall keep the S in COMS!! Um...well....I hope so...:confused:

What????are they thinking about dropping it???? It just wont give me that fuzzy warm feeling if I tell people I'm goomg to DMU-COM instead of DMU-COM&S

Dude, check your email!

I just talked to our VP and he said SGA is coming up with a response. I already like what has been said by two of our schoolmates (per the second email sent regarding this) and I hope we're going to be able to reverse it.

Yeah, that would pretty much suck if the S is dropped...you know how much that's gonna raise our tuition? The stationary alone is gonna be through the roof...unless they plan on investing a little white-out....

How did everyone's SPAL go? Mine is tomorrow night........

My SPAL is Friday 4-6. Then I will pass out. Until Monday.

Word about the stationary. Oh maybe they can hire Teagan to do the white-outing...hmm...

Originally posted by luckystar
My SPAL is Friday 4-6. Then I will pass out. Until Monday.

Dude...that sucks.....how would rather spend a Friday night, huh?

Mine is 5-7 tomorrow night though...so the Phys grade will be a little lower this time.......Damn the procrastination!

Helluva 2 weeks, huh?

Originally posted by Dr.Dicky
Dude...that sucks.....how would rather spend a Friday night, huh?

Mine is 5-7 tomorrow night though...so the Phys grade will be a little lower this time.......Damn the procrastination!

Helluva 2 weeks, huh?

Hah. You mean you'll get a 99 rather than your usual 100 this time? :D Next week is a total par-tay week...Maksem did say his questions will be similar to the quiz ones...:clap:

No lucky....

It just might go down to a 98:(....hahaha

Shoot, if Maksem keeps up these quizzes, we'll all have a 120%

And dammit, it won't be reflected in our transcript! I say we should have a point-trading system...move some points from path and PD over to another class...:idea:

Alright...good luck studying, and you will kick butt on your SPAL tomorrow! I know it's your "thing", but do try to keep the patient draped for the inguinal node palpation part ok? ;)

a-ight...have a good night...see you in hell...I mean Phys.

You know I gets down with the inguinal nodes baby.....gonna try to palpate the deep nodes:))

I really do need to read my e-mail more often. That really sucks. I really hope they change thier mind about it.

Any of you guys gonna TA for anatomy this summer? Applications are out...You just dissect when the students aren't in there, so either the morning or afternoon, depending on what they decide the schedule to be like. Fun fun fun!

i'm not sure about the TA thing. Have you heard anything about what would happen if you're going on vacation? Is that possible?

I don't know about that. I sure hope we can take like, a week off...maybe around July 4th. They did say that it might clash with some people's research schedules, especially those doing the summer research program on campus, because they aren't as flexible. If there's enough people applying, I think we can manage to cover for each other's vacations.

I've done a little more looking into the summer Anatomy TA thing. Seems as if they are pretty good about working around vacations and such. It's about 20 to 30 hrs. per week. You talk with you lab group to see what type of hours you all work (days, times, etc.) I think that I'm going to apply, the review could do nothing but help. A little cash in my pocket this summer would not be too bad as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.