Deciding soon... mcg vs morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realmadrid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to hold two acceptances, but am now faced with a difficult decision by the 23rd..... I've tirelessly compared both schools for a month, but I'm completely unsure right now. I know it's ultimately a personal decision, so if you could refrain from that type of response id really appreciate it.

Like everyone, id prefer to go to the school that would prepare me best for residency. I intend on going to a competitive residency.

I don't have research experience, and I'm concerned about gaining it in med school. What school do you think would provide the better research experience?

But overall, what school would you choose and why? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You say you don't want personal preference answers, but that is all it is. Personal preference.

Look at:

1. Cost.

2. Location.

3. Assess potential happiness at both schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm lucky enough to hold two acceptances, but am now faced with a difficult decision by the 23rd..... I've tirelessly compared both schools for a month, but I'm completely unsure right now. I know it's ultimately a personal decision, so if you could refrain from that type of response id really appreciate it.

Like everyone, id prefer to go to the school that would prepare me best for residency. I intend on going to a competitive residency.

I don't have research experience, and I'm concerned about gaining it in med school. What school do you think would provide the better research experience?

But overall, what school would you choose and why? Thanks

I have two (Caucasian) friends who were accepted at both schools (although they both chose other schools) from talking to them, they felt more comfortable at Morehouse. Why? To them, MCG felt like a Tommy Hilfiger photoshoot at the Hamptoms: everyone was very preppy/jockish, and to them, that wasn't their thing.

If Morehouse students get to rotate at Grady, I'd choose Morehouse in a heartbeat

1. Cost

MCG may be a little better in the research area, but either school can get you into a competitive field. Being competitive is more about your personal stats than where you come from. If you can slap USMLE Step 1 in the face, you can almost write your own ticket.

Also, I received a scholarship from morehouse that basically equates the cost of education for both schools.

I prefer Atlanta over Augusta big time. Also, id be closer to my family at Morehouse. But my biggest concern is whether those factors should even be considered?????

Also, I received a scholarship from morehouse that basically equates the cost of education for both schools.

I prefer Atlanta over Augusta big time. Also, id be closer to my family at Morehouse. But my biggest concern is whether those factors should even be considered?????

What are you even asking or hoping to get out of this thread? "Should location even be a considered factor?" makes me think you are a troll. Go to Morehouse. You are choosing between two average United States MD schools. Congratulations on the acceptances, many people would die for even one, but the truth is the only thing that matters is your personal preference. That is obviously Morehouse. Go there.

Haha I'm not a troll promise. I've clearly evaluated my personal preferences. I posted the thread to read the opinions of others. I've just reached a point where he decision is tough and I don't have much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.