dating in medical school seems hard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah

well. I dunno about the marrying up thing

If I wanted to marry up I would have moved to dxb and tried to marry the crown prince. HELLO. So yum.

But except, you were more realistic.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just coming in to say to that being a med student isnt a negative point for women. It's the most tired excuse that I keep hearing all the time. I can tell you that every one of my blue collar/engineer/unemployed guy friends bragged until the ends of earth whenever they dated or slept with a female med student. resident, or doctor. It's like a trophy among dudes.

It's the neurotic, headbutting, type-a, I'm-better-than-you attitude that would keep med students (male and female) from dating successfully.

Female med students most times are just reallyoff putting, especially the trads- who started school at 22,23 years old. They have never known defeat, so they have never been humbled.

In terms of societal prestige, it is for a dental student.

Stop already

You keep implying that dental students are somehow below medical students and what we all aspired to was to land a med student bf

Dating a med student is NOT like all rainbows and roses and funzies.

Reactions: 1 users
Just coming in to say to that being a med student isnt a negative point for women. It's the most tired excuse that I keep hearing all the time. I can tell you that every one of my blue collar/engineer/unemployed guy friends bragged until the ends of earth whenever they dated or slept with a female med student. resident, or doctor. It's like a trophy among dudes.

It's the neurotic, headbutting, type-a, I'm-better-than-you attitude that would keep med students (male and female) from dating successfully.
It isn't, but it can be. Much as it can be for men, particularly when it comes to settling down. Plenty of people get excited by the idea of being with a doctor, but can't handle the reality of it- residency, long hours, delayed gratification, holding off on kids, etc. For those of us that aren't looking to just get laid, the physician path can make things a bit more difficult in the short term, from a male or female perspective.

Does this mean you would date a lay person?? :eek:

I couldn't see myself dating a girl who works at Wal-Mart or something, just too much of a brain gap usually unless she is premed or something. I tend to like girls who are smarter than I am, but smart people tend to be jerks. I can't ever remember meeting a girl who was truly smart, but not really annoying, maybe 1 but she was already married.

I wonder what med students would consider dating up. Outside of dating a physician of higher rank...

The president's daughter?? A princess???

Really though. :laugh:

I wonder what med students would consider dating up. Outside of dating a physician of higher rank...

The president's daughter?? A princess???

Really though. :laugh:

Guys usually don't date up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stop already

You keep implying that dental students are somehow below medical students and what we all aspired to was to land a med student bf

Dating a med student is NOT like all rainbows and roses and funzies.

I didn't say that.

For most of these Reponses I'm just being a jerk, I realize FML was probably screaming with frustration.

So there's no theoretical answer here? That's kinda disappointing.

Nurses, PA, Vets, those classes are usually full of cute girls.

Reactions: 1 user
I think that your responses portray what you are at baseline

I'm not frustrated just amused

Updating my Instagram which I just got and am now addicted to

What would that be?

I want a pack of Poms
Do you think they'll get along
Mainly so I can get them groomed to look like Boo and snuggle and stuff

I dunno if it's possible to get them to look like Boo, otherwise I probably would get a Pom too. haha
Yeah, they'll get along under normal circumstances. I think I'll be entering some basic obedience classes from the beginning one day so that manners are learned efficiently.

I'm definitely interested in marrying up and a future physician is clearly the way to go.
I see what you did there;)

How you doin'? I'm graviton, a future physician and an award winning director of cat videos.

Female med students most times are just reallyoff putting, especially the trads- who started school at 22,23 years old. They have never known defeat, so they have never been humbled.

Gee, I wonder what this says about the equivalent male med students. Not so much of a catch anymore? Oh, the irony and sexism.

Reactions: 2 users
Gee, I wonder what this says about the equivalent male med students. Not so much of a catch anymore? Oh, the irony and sexism.

The male med students are just as bad if not worse. Overly inflated egos are rampant. And I don't care for that.

Personally, I don't feel like dating "down" is an option for me. I need intellectual stimulation and good company when I have the free time. Doctors are smart but most are socially inept. I went a much different way and am dating a Marine. He challenges my thinking and is much better company with the added benefit of a respected profession. :)

It's unfortunate that we have to equate job title with an individual's intelligence and ambition level. By definition, ambitious means "wanting to succeed." Despite what people are increasingly inclined to believe, success is not equivalent to a professional degree, letters after your name, etc. Certainly many people define success as a big house, a fancy car and a gold-plated toilet to collect their scentless sht, but there are so many other ways to be successful: a functional business, a happy and healthy family, making a change in other peoples' lives through a volunteer activity, etc. Just because someone's definition of success isn't the same as yours doesn't make them unambitious. Just as a bunch of letters after one's name doesn't make them intelligent.

If you want to date someone with letters after their name, say so; don't talk around it by saying you want someone that's ambitious and intelligent, because those people exist outside of professional degrees. Keep in mind there is so much to life outside of medicine and it does us good to live life outside our own little bubbles.

Reactions: 5 users
It's unfortunate that we have to equate job title with an individual's intelligence and ambition level. By definition, ambitious means "wanting to succeed." Despite what people are increasingly inclined to believe, success is not equivalent to a professional degree, letters after your name, etc. Certainly many people define success as a big house, a fancy car and a gold-plated toilet to collect their scentless sht, but there are so many other ways to be successful: a functional business, a happy and healthy family, making a change in other peoples' lives through a volunteer activity, etc. Just because someone's definition of success isn't the same as yours doesn't make them unambitious. Just as a bunch of letters after one's name doesn't make them intelligent.

If you want to date someone with letters after their name, say so; don't talk around it by saying you want someone that's ambitious and intelligent, because those people exist outside of professional degrees. Keep in mind there is so much to life outside of medicine and it does us good to live life outside our own little bubbles.

But....but....I LIKE my bubble world!!!

:p

When I say I married down its about money not ambitious

EMDO has to be trolling to some degree from what I've read of his posts in multiple threads. Right? Right?? Lol

EMDO has to be trolling to some degree from what I've read of his posts in multiple threads. Right? Right?? Lol

How are you tracking me, I though I set my privacy settings to make myself untraceable. Honestly, I'm not really a sexist jerk, sometimes its just fun pick on people like FML.