dating in medical school seems hard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have no shame. No, I wouldn't marry a garbage man. Don't care if he was the nicest garbage man on the planet.

That's not what I want, nor is it worth it to anger my parents...

So I have a question for you, you're Asian or Asian-ish right? Would Asian girls date/ marry black guys if the black guy was a med student or physician? Or would it not matter, would the parents not approve anyway? You can be honest, im just curious.

So I have a question for you, you're Asian or Asian-ish right? Would Asian girls date/ marry black guys if the black guy was a med student or physician? Or would it not matter, would the parents not approve anyway? You can be honest, im just curious.

OOOHh man, you just played the malcom x card

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

This is what my sister is doing atm. Although the genius told my parents that education wasn't important to him the first day they met him(he's not a med student or physician)...so he sort of auto-DQ'ed himself.

Yeah, I'm Indian.

The answer to that question is no but I'm not asian :D

This is what my sister is doing atm. Although the genius told my parents that education wasn't important to him the first day they met him(he's not a med student or physician)...so he sort of auto-DQ'ed himself.

Yeah, I'm Indian.

sooo..what was the answer?

You all do realize that Kaus is Muslim so if my parents were really that closed minded/old-school they would have shut that down years ago, right?
Well, I guess I was wrong then lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
All this dating based on socioeconomic/race/etc stuff going on around here is too complicated for me. I just date who I like, it's so much easier.

Reactions: 2 users
All this dating based on socioeconomic/race/etc stuff going on around here is too complicated for me. I just date who I like, it's so much easier.

Hey. I never said my way was the right way. And like I've said a bunch of times, there's cultural stuff that plays into this too. ie I wouldn't be with someone my parents didn't approve of etc etc. their approval is NOT based on race or religion. Clearly.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey. I never said my way was the right way. And like I've said a bunch of times, there's cultural stuff that plays into this too. ie I wouldn't be with someone my parents didn't approve of etc etc. their approval is NOT based on race or religion. Clearly.
tumblr_inline_ncumyqCOBY1s9cs0f.gif

We don't have culture, nothing to worry about on my end.

Seriously though, I told my parents to **** off when they didn't approve of the first girl I married and they were totally right- it ended horribly. I care less about what they think more than I trust their judgement. If they hate a girl, I'm going to probably believe there's something wrong with her, because it takes a lot to make them not approve of someone. So I kind of get it, I guess. Plus there's different expectations for men versus women- me dating a broke artist is fine, but if my sister did the same, you better bet there'd be hell to pay on her end because gender roles die hard.

Reactions: 2 users
I can't tell the difference between the Asian or Hispanic girls in my class, they all look brown. The only way I can tell is if I ask what their parents do.

Reactions: 3 users
I can't tell the difference between the Asian or Hispanic girls in my class, they all look brown. The only way I can tell is if I ask what their parents do.
That's probably the most racist thing I've ever read on SDN, and I read the SPF regularly lol

Reactions: 3 users
Given that I'm not dating, no reason to in this thread. Only the people in the League of Awesomene PM get to see my glorious beard.

of the back or front?

@touchpause13 would you marry a garbage man?
Naww.... I'm trying to think of some way that I would be okay with that, but I'd pass. Ambition and intelligence is what I care about. For the record those two things don't necessarily equal status or wealth.

I did marry down. But not *that* far down.

Shots fired!

tumblr_inline_ncumyqCOBY1s9cs0f.gif

We don't have culture, nothing to worry about on my end.

Seriously though, I told my parents to **** off when they didn't approve of the first girl I married and they were totally right- it ended horribly. I care less about what they think more than I trust their judgement. If they hate a girl, I'm going to probably believe there's something wrong with her, because it takes a lot to make them not approve of someone. So I kind of get it, I guess. Plus there's different expectations for men versus women- me dating a broke artist is fine, but if my sister did the same, you better bet there'd be hell to pay on her end because gender roles die hard.
The only reason you get a like is because that is one of my favorite gifs of all time.

Naww.... I'm trying to think of some way that I would be okay with that, but I'd pass. Ambition and intelligence is what I care about. For the record those two things don't necessarily equal status or wealth.

I did marry down. But not *that* far down.

Uh you know where I would be if either of us were single BUT your husband is..very attractive :D

So my sister is going to Mexico with aforementioned idiot. Lol. Wonder how fast she's getting disowned/disinherited/written off. It's coming. I can feel it.

But what if she's happy? Does being disowned/disinherited/written off matter then?

He's a POS

Really disrespectful to the parentals and always has been, way before they made their feelings know

Oh he also told me to F off a few months ago.

And he tells my sister that our parents raised us wrong.

Yeah bc YOUR family did just perfectly raising you. Look how you turned out. ( the F off may or may not have been in response to me telling him this..was totally worth it though)

He's a POS

Really disrespectful to the parentals and always has been, way before they made their feelings know

Yeah bc YOUR family did just perfectly raising you. Look how you turned out. ( the F off may or may not have been in response to me telling him this..was totally worth it though)

what does the guy do for a living?

He's a POS

:shrug: he could literally be the biggest douche in the world, but if he makes your sister happy, what's it matter to her?

Not saying he's a good guy, just that love is so subjective that an objectively awful person could subjectively be the best thing ever.

(But you're probably right because people on the outside can totally see wtf is going on most of the time)

:shrug: he could literally be the biggest douche in the world, but if he makes your sister happy, what's it matter to her?

Not saying he's a good guy, just that love is so subjective that an objectively awful person could subjectively be the best thing ever.

(But you're probably right because people on the outside can totally see wtf is going on most of the time)

I feel like she knows she should break it off but is trying to prove a point or something and so she won't, bc she knows we all despise him. She is the stereotypical middle child stuck between a dads favorite and a moms favorite and all this bottled up resentment she had is now coming out--prob why she lashes out so much and is horrible in general. NMP. If she wants to wreck her relationship with the family to prove a point, enjoy. She is missing my dads birthday for this trip. Dunno what she thinks she's accomplishing here

I feel like she knows she should break it off but is trying to prove a point or something and so she won't, bc she knows we all despise him. She is the stereotypical middle child stuck between a dads favorite and a moms favorite and all this bottled up resentment she had is now coming out--prob why she lashes out so much and is horrible in general. NMP. If she wants to wreck her relationship with the family to prove a point, enjoy. She is missing my dads birthday for this trip. Dunno what she thinks she's accomplishing here

Ohhh now I get to practice my psychiatry skills.

We used to have a great saying a few decades ago that I dont hear anymore. But it applies here:

don't **** where you eat.

dating in medical school is akin to just that.

best

I dated my now fiancé in medical school ,she was in my year. Best decision i've ever made in my whole life!

She's growing up, in any case. The worst person I ever dated set off a chain of events that led to me not only becoming a physician, but growing up, and meeting the current love of my life. Everything happens for a reason, even stupidity.

She's growing up, in any case. The worst person I ever dated set off a chain of events that led to me not only becoming a physician, but growing up, and meeting the current love of my life. Everything happens for a reason, even stupidity.

You are just nicer and far more tolerant than I. I have a pretty bad temper. Learned to tone it down a lot. But I have rage simmering under the surface most of the time. Heh

Inferiority complex/middle child syndrome. Not much to psychoanalyze

yeah I have a younger sister that does the same sorta thing, big bro is a med student, younger sister is a child prodigy, and she is just sorta in the middle creating drama to bring attention to herself.