dating in medical school seems hard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Except for whining about med school outside of med school...and the possibility of the other party airing out your dirty laundry to your whole class.

As a Jew, I have no problem with someone complaining about medical school; I'll just complain about that.

What dirty laundry? The fact that I'm actively having sex and had before? You can only be embarrassed by someone if you find something embarrassing.

Members don't see this ad.

As a Jew, I have no problem with someone complaining about medical school; I'll just complain about that.

What dirty laundry? The fact that I'm actively having sex and had before? You can only be embarrassed by someone if you find something embarrassing.

But what if they tell everyone you have a small wanger.

You can meet anyone anywhere. Study at coffee shops. Its intimidating to date a med student, from what I've heard from non-meds. Good for guys, bad for girls. Maybe we can start a 'medicalmingle.com'

That just made my day! I am a software engineer may be I will work on that in my free time

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree man, some women do evil things which means all women must be that way. The best thing to do is just get it in and leave them and also give them your herpes. That way it'll really hurt when they ride their brooms and they'll have to make a special potion to ease the pain.

If I have a small wanger and they dated me, who's the one who should be embarrassed? The one with the small wanger or the one who had sex with the guy with the small wanger?

That's usually not something that comes up before you've had a couple dates.

Figuratively speaking of course.

That's usually not something that comes up before you've had a couple dates.

Figuratively speaking of course.

Anyone with a small wanger would be wise to sheathe said wanger until hypothetical girl would be remiss to quit it before she hit it. Because many women, like men, often don't enjoy putting in two months (or more) of dating without the other putting out.

Anyone with a small wanger would be wise to sheathe said wanger until hypothetical girl would be remiss to quit it before she hit it. Because many women, like men, often don't enjoy putting in two months (or more) of dating without the other putting out.

Not sure if virgin or trolling.

Two whole months :eek:

That's like.....an eternity :(

We used to have a great saying a few decades ago that I dont hear anymore. But it applies here:

don't **** where you eat.

dating in medical school is akin to just that.

best

We used to have a great saying a few decades ago that I dont hear anymore. But it applies here:

best

That doesn't apply here. That applies to ppl you work with. You're not going to be working with all the students in your class in your career. Chances are most of your colleagues will be from different med schools where ever you end up working longterm. By that time, everyone will be married and have their own families and not care about random hookups that happened 10 years ago. If anything, partying and hooking up with your classmates will make you more known and get you more referrals down the road. Referrals are only sometimes based on how good of a doctor you are, but rather mainly based on who you know. Friends/acquaintances refer pts back and forth to one another. You'll have more doctor friends if you hang out with your class more. Random hookups are not going to ruin your reputation by any means, especially considering the other person also hooked up with you so anything they say implies they're a slut as well.

So go **** all over those girls in your class. :laugh: You are not actually eating them since you are far away from your actual career.

Now in terms of hooking up with random doctors when you're actually in practice, then I agree don't **** where you eat. Most doctors will be married anyway so it probably isn't much of a problem at that point.

Lol...I can see it now:

"I know of a good OB/GYN around the city. Trust me, he knows his way with women ;)"

Members don't see this ad :)

best

Really, it's only ****ting where you eat if you don't treat everyone you date with the utmost of respect.

I don't like that phrase because it makes me think of terrible infections.

I'm a female in my first year of medical school and I ended a long distance relationship with my long term boyfriend a month ago. Perhaps I've just been feeling lonely since the end of my relationship, but I feel like the dating environment in med school after the first semester is kind of sterile. During the first semester, the singles in my class quickly paired off with each other and almost everyone in my class seems to be in committed relationships now. With our schedule, it also seems hard to regularly maintain contact with people outside the school (ex: grad students, law students, etc). Has anyone else had this experience? How hard is it to date in medical school?

I find that, for a lot of girls in med school, dating is tough. There is a pharmacy, dental, PA, and nursing school here but they are all ~80% female. And all the women in those programs want to date med students because they want to date ^up. Most of the guys here don't date because 1. They are already married, 2. asexual and antisocial, 3. focused on school and get a kick out of turing girls down, Sooo yeah, get a couple toys and get to it.

I find that, for a lot of girls in med school, dating is tough. There is a pharmacy, dental, PA, and nursing school here but they are all ~80% female. And all the women in those programs want to date med students because they want to date ^up. Most of the guys here don't date because 1. They are already married, 2. asexual and antisocial, 3. focused on school and get a kick out of turing girls down, Sooo yeah, get a couple toys and get to it.

Spend less time necro bumping and more time studying, my friend.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude, this thread was like over 1 1/2 years ago.

Although reading @NickNaylor's quote made me LMAO.

Did I just read that right? Dental students want to date med students bc they want to "date ^up"?!?!

Lmao

Did I just read that right? Dental students want to date med students bc they want to "date ^up"?!?!

Lmao

I feel like half the time, dating "up" as a medical student or dental student is finding someone cool outside of the medical field.

Lmao

Yes you read that right, didn't you marry a physician? The female dental students want to date ^up.

Not married yet, and he's a med student. Does that mean I dated down, if we follow your twisted rules??
IDK

What im saying is, women with prestigious careers usually want a guy with an even more prestigious career for nurses, pharmacist, and dentist, that means date and marry doctors.

Last edited:
It's against gym etiquette to talk to people lol. Online doesn't work because nobody responds to my messages. Idk I've been slightly upset about being single but I guess I should just be happy that I get to follow my dream instead of worrying about getting laid.

Sorry I'm essentially useless in this department. I somehow never end up single for long enough to go looking. However...you can just bring random people home for the night :D

Sorry I'm essentially useless in this department. I somehow never end up single for long enough to go looking. However...you can just bring random people home for the night :D

would you date someone who made less money than you?

true, I dated a girl in college for 3 months, then she was like " I don't want to have sex until marriage" I was like " why didn't you say that 3 months ago?"

Seeing as how he's had a near 0 income for the last two years and will make significantly less than I do for years to come, I'm gonna go with yes.

Sounds like an investment

edit: which what all strong relationships are haha

Well obviously. When he's fixing varicose veins in his clinic all day and I am spending all his vascular surgeon monies...I win!

(Totally kidding. I'm too much of a workaholic to sit around)

when i asked would you date someone who makes less money than you, a future vascular surgeon wasn't the person i had in mind.

true, I dated a girl in college for 3 months, then she was like " I don't want to have sex until marriage" I was like " why didn't you say that 3 months ago?"

You waited three months in college? My God, what a waste. 2 weeks max.

It's against gym etiquette to talk to people lol. Online doesn't work because nobody responds to my messages. Idk I've been slightly upset about being single but I guess I should just be happy that I get to follow my dream instead of worrying about getting laid.
There's certain things you can do to magnify the positive aspects about you....
1. Work out - be fit
2. Eat healthy - makes a difference in the way you feel and look
3. When you go anywhere, try to be well dressed and your hair not ****ed up - Never know when you'll see someone you want to talk to
4. Talk to any girl - Honestly even making small talk with a cashier at a grocery store who you have no desire to see ever again, it helps you carry a conversation and **** brah. Good practice
5. Stop being a beta

It's true. Are you seriously denying that women like to date up? lol It's not even up to debate.
There's a lot of mins and maxers out there, sure. Goes for a lot of guys out there as well. Some won't settle for a 6 when they are looking for an 8. I'd say that's also a way to "date up". Some people try and make the most of what they've got in the time they have perhaps.

Can't risk pissing off mom and dad! Inherent cultural bias :p

I gave you a like because you keep it somewhat real, at least realer than TP. She would be like " I would totally marry a garbage man."

Yes you read that right, didn't you marry a physician? The female dental students want to date ^up.
Dentists don't give a **** about marrying physicians.

Reactions: 2 users
I have no shame. No, I wouldn't marry a garbage man. Don't care if he was the nicest garbage man on the planet.

That's not what I want, nor is it worth it to anger my parents...

I have no shame. No, I wouldn't marry a garbage man. Don't care if he was the nicest garbage man on the planet.

That's not what I want, nor is it worth it to anger my parents...

so if this garbage man could make you the happiest woman on earth, you wouldn't marry him?