Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn...apparently as of the end of today....the CCLCM class is full....Dr. Franco told me that she wished she had a spot for me, but there are none at the moment. One of you withdraw!!!!! Oh well....more waiting I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry too much, I think many waitlists will start moving soon and I know there at least a few people waiting for other schools. But you never know with only 32 spots/people in the class. Good luck :luck:

Jim

hi future classmates,
just got back from cleveland. I found a 2bd 2bath condo on the west side of the city in the burbs. PM me if you're looking for a roomate to share with......

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi ppl, another CCLCM MS-2 here, tired of studying for boards and taking a break. Just a word of advice on housing in the Cleveland Heights area: do NOT live in the Waldorf apartments (it is a popular place with Case med students and past CCLCM students). It is overpriced (1 BR can go as much as $750/month), the landlord is not very friendly, and I got charges up the wazoo after I left. Plus, there are much nicer and equally convenient places to live in Clev Heights, if that is where you want to live. I second MissBey's comments: Shaker Heights is good (cheaper), and downtown can be nice but expensive with parking. West side may be a farther drive but has reasonable places to stay (esp. in Lakewood or Tremont). I live in an apartment complex on Euclid Hts Blvd (basically a 3-minute ride to the Clinic) in Cleveland Heights and pay a reasonable (<700/month) price for a nice, comfortable 1 BR 1 bath (all utilities paid). If you like a nice area with cool shops and restaurants and places to studies, with predominantly grad students/YUPies, it's a great location. Feel free to PM me for more questions.

I agree with niveknat and MissBey. They are NEVER wrong, esp niveknat, fo'nizzle.

hello all,
i found a tentative orientation schedule on the case website.... has anyone heard anything about our orientation or will we have the same schedule as the university program students.....

I may have to move during orientation week and I need to find out ASAP...

bee3 said:
If they had to stand on their own which they don't for quite a while, they'd most likely be in the high 30's. They only have 83 million in NIH research grants per year (less than half of Mayo). Tufts gets about the same and they're 42 but I'd bump CCLCM up for reputation.

I really don't believe in the ranking for the most part though. I don't think that there is a big difference between a #20 school and a #40 school.

remember guys that we are still part of case so technically that's where we rank wherever Case is ranked....

Wow it's a ghost town in here....

Anyone (current or incoming students) know what the specs of our laptops are/will be?

Congrats to everbody!

I Just thought I might get a little advice from the newly accepted. Case is by far my top choice! Do you think that if I managed a 33+ on my April MCAT I might have a decent shot?

Thx

donks06 said:
Congrats to everbody!

I Just thought I might get a little advice from the newly accepted. Case is by far my top choice! Do you think that if I managed a 33+ on my April MCAT I might have a decent shot?

Thx

Hi Donks06,

Looking at your profile, I will admit that your GPA is a bit on the lower end, but your post-bac and grad GPA is superb. You seem to be pretty motivated and have diversified yourself with a lot of extracurriculars, which makes you stand out. I would write a lot of letters of interest... but with a 33, I would think that you have a decent shot.

For the most part, I've been REALLY impressed with the people who have been accepted at CCLCM. I've met A LOT of people during the Revisit that were also accepted at Cornell, Columbia, Vanderbilt, Wash U, just to name a few top institutions.

Good luck to you. A lot of this process is about interest... I believe that if you show a lot, it'll help you! =)

Just out of curiousity, how many of you are waiting for other schools' waitlists?!

Would you drop your acceptance at the Cleveland Clinic for these schools? Or are you guys pretty set?

(Have I posted this before?)

I am a current rising second year student and have followed this thread a little. We are looking forward to all of you getting started in July and have what should be a really fun BBQ planned for the end of your second week. I really feel like you are going to have a great time at the Clinic and you will be amazed at how fast your first year goes by.

If you have any questions, you can PM me.

See you in July!!!