University of Wisconsin SMPH vs. Rush Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PediatricsClassOf2019

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently taking a year off after completing my undergraduate studies at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. Out of my medical school acceptances, I have narrowed down my preferences to the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and Rush Medical College in Chicago, IL. My current 10 year plan is to match in pediatrics on the east coast, and begin a fellowship. I am interested in specializing in pediatrics, but I am also interested in sub-specializing in pediatric hematology-oncology. I want to be very involved in research in medical school and as a practicing physician. I am torn between the two schools, but am leaning towards the University of Wisconsin. Any thoughts on which school is a better match given my career goals/aspirations? I am also trying to figure out in which town I would be happiest living in. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

If research is what you want to do, Wisconsin has more opportunities than Rush for that. So many researchers from Northwestern actually relocated their labs to Wisconsin a few years ago.