Class of 2022 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I add more experience hours after I've submitted my VMCAS app, will these new updates on my application be sent to the schools that I've applied to? Does anybody know?
If you're saying add a new experience then yes. Just make sure to press submit at the top on your main page after. If you are trying to update old experiences those are locked and can't be updated unless you add a new experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else who submitted at the beginning of the month waiting to be verified? I submitted on 9/1/17, so the 4 week maximum is tomorrow (which also happens to be the final day vmcas is open). All of my evals and transcripts were received before I submitted and I only have two transcripts total, with one of them only having 5 classes. I contacted vmcas on Monday and asked if I was still in line to be verified since it seems everyone is getting verified in a week or two, even after submitting later in the cycle. They just said that it depends on who is verifying you, but I'm getting very nervous seeing as tomorrow is my last day to fix any issues if there are any. Any insight?

Is anyone else who submitted at the beginning of the month waiting to be verified? I submitted on 9/1/17, so the 4 week maximum is tomorrow (which also happens to be the final day vmcas is open). All of my evals and transcripts were received before I submitted and I only have two transcripts total, with one of them only having 5 classes. I contacted vmcas on Monday and asked if I was still in line to be verified since it seems everyone is getting verified in a week or two, even after submitting later in the cycle. They just said that it depends on who is verifying you, but I'm getting very nervous seeing as tomorrow is my last day to fix any issues if there are any. Any insight?

I understand your nervousness. Isn't tomorrow just the last day to submit ? Meaning verification will still continue even after tomorrow. Id suggest you call them again and double check how long they will continue to verify- mostly to put your mind at ease ? Good luck.... I am sure it will all work out fine :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand your nervousness. Isn't tomorrow just the last day to submit ? Meaning verification will still continue even after tomorrow. Id suggest you call them again and double check how long they will continue to verify- mostly to put your mind at ease ? Good luck.... I am sure it will all work out fine :)
Yeah, I'm going to try and call them tomorrow most likely. The reason I'm nervous is because they say it takes 4 weeks at the maximum to get your application verified, and tomorrow is 4 weeks from when I had all of my materials submitted.

You will still be able to fix your application after the deadline if it gets rejected for some reason... Mine got kicked back on Monday (9/25) and the email notification said I had one week to fix and resubmit it.

Reactions: 1 users
You will still be able to fix your application after the deadline if it gets rejected for some reason... Mine got kicked back on Monday (9/25) and the email notification said I had one week to fix and resubmit it.
I don't think that's correct. You had time to resubmit because it was before the deadline but I thought you could only fix before the deadline.

I don't think that's correct. You had time to resubmit because it was before the deadline but I thought you could only fix before the deadline.

The email specifically said I had one week to resubmit. Which would have been 10/2, or 3 days past the deadline. If the deadline was the same no matter what, the email should have read that I had until the deadline (9/29) to make corrections.

Per VMCAS' help center, if you have to make corrections and then re-submit your application: "Redelivery of your application does not change your submission date, but it does affect the date your application is considered complete. Contact your programs to determine any effects this may have on your application."

Last edited:
Is anyone else having problems getting verified? It's been 4.5 weeks since VMCAS received all of my materials (transcripts, payment, elors, etc) and I'm still in the verifying stage. I've called them a few times now and they keep assuring me that someone is set up to verify me. Maybe I'm just worrying too much, but this is already over the 4 weeks they say is the maximum time for verification and I want my information sent out to the programs, especially with them having less time to make decisions this year (unless some of them are pushing decisions off by 2 weeks).

Is anyone else having problems getting verified? It's been 4.5 weeks since VMCAS received all of my materials (transcripts, payment, elors, etc) and I'm still in the verifying stage. I've called them a few times now and they keep assuring me that someone is set up to verify me. Maybe I'm just worrying too much, but this is already over the 4 weeks they say is the maximum time for verification and I want my information sent out to the programs, especially with them having less time to make decisions this year (unless some of them are pushing decisions off by 2 weeks).
I can totally understand your concern. You should def call them again. 4.5 weeks seems like a long time.

I understand your frustration, but I wouldn't worry about schools having less time to make decisions. Before 2015 the deadline was always October 2nd, and I don't think most schools changed their timeline when they moved the deadline back.

Reactions: 1 user
got my invitation to interview for Glasgow today!! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When do our fall transcripts need to be sent it? And how? Does it depend on the school?

So I can't seem to find the old thread about interview attire. I was wondering what everyone thought about wearing cropped trouser pants like these (with much different shoes)?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 10.26.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 10.26.20 AM.png
    375.1 KB · Views: 107
So I can't seem to find the old thread about interview attire. I was wondering what everyone thought about wearing cropped trouser pants like these (with much different shoes)?

you should definitely wear those shoes.

Reactions: 8 users
I know that some schools like to have a question or two about hot topics/current events in their interviews and I think it's prudent to be knowledgeable about these topics before interviews. I've been reading up here: Hot Issues

Does anyone have any other recommendations for good sites to keep up to date on current happenings/debates in vet med?

I know that some schools like to have a question or two about hot topics/current events in their interviews and I think it's prudent to be knowledgeable about these topics before interviews. I've been reading up here: Hot Issues

Does anyone have any other recommendations for good sites to keep up to date on current happenings/debates in vet med?
I know the AVMA puts out their SmartBrief email. I don't know if the things in that are different than the Hot Issues or not though, but you could check that out.

AVMA Smartbrief like ski mentioned, dvm360, veterinary practice news

Check your diagnostic lab's website! Ours posts current events that relate to disease and animal health. Most of it is local to our region, but there are some national news topics posted every once in a while. They also have information about common diseases of concern, etc., that might be useful for interviews.

Did anybody apply to Uni Sydney or Melbourne or RVC ?

woooo! me too! Do you know when we will hear from them ?
I just found a link on their website. On pg 2 there is a timeline that states we get our offers sent out on Oct 14th (for international students). So....in three days we find out!
ttp://sydney.edu.au/vetscience/dvm/documents/DVM_admission_guide.pdf

I just found a link on their website. On pg 2 there is a timeline that states we get our offers sent out on Oct 14th (for international students). So....in three days we find out!
ttp://sydney.edu.au/vetscience/dvm/documents/DVM_admission_guide.pdf
Woooooo! So nervous and excited

Anyone else tired of waiting around already? I need some interview invites rolling in my game face is ON!! ;)

Reactions: 11 users
I'm still in the "omg did i fill in my application correctly" phase of waiting :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 6 users
I feel all of the above!
Ready, anxious, second guessing what I wrote ....
It's nerve wracking

Reactions: 2 users
@Meemo23, @ChoopLoops, and @AnimalsAreBetter

It'll be all good just gotta stay preoccupied! This is my third time doing apps so I've become beyond impatient with this whole process haha But I'm rooting for good news for all :) Even if it's not trust me been there done that you'll pull through! Good luck all :luck:

@greeneyegal92 Where did you apply to this round?
I'm trying to stay preoccupied but it isn't working out so great....this is my first time applying and it's so stressful :nailbiting:

Well @AnimalsAreBetter it's a long list so brace yourself..
Western, U of I, Iowa, Michigan, Kansas, Auburn, LSU, Minnesota, Mizzou, and Ohio state. I'm from Illinois haha

Well @AnimalsAreBetter it's a long list so brace yourself..
Western, U of I, Iowa, Michigan, Kansas, Auburn, LSU, Minnesota, Mizzou, and Ohio state. I'm from Illinois haha

Good luck!! I'm applying to MSU so maybe we will become classmates! :) I really hope you get into your IS though! saves you a lot of money that way....

It's my first time applying too. @greeneyegal92 you're a freaking rock star for doing this 3 times. Hopefully third time's the charm!!

Anyone else feeling like they should've applied to more schools?

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an interview offer for AVC! :D

Does anyone know if you can add experience that happens in the fall? I didn't have any equine experience but I'm volunteering at a horse rescue now. Is it possible for the universities to see this before interview invites?