Class of 2022 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

safthegiraffe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any other class of 2022 hopefuls out there reading all these posts and some what stressing about classes and applications?!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Stay positive, friends.

It's stressful, but the VMCAS app is pretty easy to use, all things considered, and as long as you have a good plan for how you're going to get everything done and you have a backup plan (so if you don't get in, it's not quite as stressful), you'll be fine. Just take it one step at a time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any other class of 2022 hopefuls out there reading all these posts and some what stressing about classes and applications?!

Don't be stressed. Take it all a step at a time. VMCAS really isn't that bad if you give yourself enough time to get it all done.

Positivity. Don't assume failure before you've even heard about interviews!

It was more of a witty attempt of self-deprecation.

But I am set to normally graduate with my bachelors May 18, so if all fails (which I sincerely hope doesn't happen), I'll be in C/O '22!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What is a common back- up plan for those who don't get in?
I guess it depends on who you are and what your goals are.

Me? I'll take the year off, work, and apply again next year. Some people go to graduate school or do a post-bacc to strengthen their academics if need be. Some people get more experience. Whatever one chooses to do, just keep busy and live your life:)

It was more of a witty attempt of self-deprecation.

But I am set to normally graduate with my bachelors May 18, so if all fails (which I sincerely hope doesn't happen), I'll be in C/O '22!

See, you're just ahead of the game...

I worked for several years in a clinical diagnostic lab prior to trying applying again. I think finding something that you could see yourself doing (whether vet or not vet related) is helpful. I also tried to continue to build on my application and work on areas of weakness.

Nothing to stress about take it slow. I'm reapplying for the C/O '22. I took this year off to finish my second bachelors degree and got a job at a boarding/ daycare facility that mainly works with comfort care and geriatric dogs.

haha I might be a class of 2022, but I graduated in 2016. We'll see what happens for this year, but if I need to wait I'll be strengthening my application. My sister is currently abroad in Argentina so I may join her :)

The best back-up plan starts before you find out. I.e. Start preparing for the next application cycle the second you hit 'Submit' on the application. That way, if you get in - great, you've gained more vet experience and made more contacts in the industry and kept yourself busy while waiting, and if you don't get in - you're that much further ahead already on the next go-around.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The best back-up plan starts before you find out. I.e. Start preparing for the next application cycle the second you hit 'Submit' on the application. That way, if you get in - great, you've gained more vet experience and made more contacts in the industry and kept yourself busy while waiting, and if you don't get in - you're that much further ahead already on the next go-around.

I definitely second that! I knew if vet school didn't work out for whatever reason that working in a lab was my back-up plan (and that's why I majored in biochem in the first place.) I luckily found an awesome job out of school doing just that once I received my final denial letter for the class of 2018 cycle. I also knew that I was not interested in pursuing a graduate degree following undergrad. So knowing what you are not interested in can also be of benefit when looking at your options. @safthegiraffe definitely use this year prior to applying to figure out your paths. It will save you some major stresses down the road. Receiving rejections was not easy but at least I had an idea of where I was heading and in the end it has all worked out. I enjoyed my time off from school and ultimately feel that I am better prepared to handle vet school than I would have been back in 2018.

I applied for the class of 2020 and didn't get in, so I am now applying for the class of 2022 after retaking some classes. I'm hoping for an acceptance this time around! :)

I applied for the class of 2020 and didn't get in, so I am now applying for the class of 2022 after retaking some classes. I'm hoping for an acceptance this time around! :)
what schools are you going to apply to?

C/O '22 hopeful here :joyful:
Will apply to UF, UPenn, Cornell, Illinois and maybe Ross. Currently working on getting more vet experience :nailbiting: and studying for the GRE.

C/O '22 very hopeful here as well!!! It's so weird seeing 2022 on the forum. I didn't think the day would come. Magoosh is the only reason I'm getting through GRE studying right now with 6 classes

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Ill be a 2020 hopeful if all goes as planned! Finishing up retaking a few pre-reqs and the taking the GRE. Has anyone taken online biochemistry via Kansas State? Im interested in taking that. The last biochem class I took is only acceptable for a few schools .

Non-traditional hoping to be accepted for 2022! Any other non-traditional students? Second time applicant from the class of 2017 cycle. Took a few years off to work in Food Safety and receive a Masters. Planning on Cornell, Colorado, Ohio, UPENN, Minnesota, Virginia-Maryland. VMCAS has changed a little bit since I first applied! Hopefully the GRE isn't too much different from when I took it in 2012.

Non-traditional hoping to be accepted for 2022! Any other non-traditional students? Second time applicant from the class of 2017 cycle. Took a few years off to work in Food Safety and receive a Masters. Planning on Cornell, Colorado, Ohio, UPENN, Minnesota, Virginia-Maryland. VMCAS has changed a little bit since I first applied! Hopefully the GRE isn't too much different from when I took it in 2012.

Does taking 2 years off count as non-traditional? Lol.
I was accepted into c/o 2020 but had to decline for financial reasons :( So I'm taking time off to work and establish residency. Class of 2022 it is!

Am I the only one that is terrified just seeing this thread?

Am I the only one that is terrified just seeing this thread?

Don't be scared...be excited! Applying to vet school is the most fun thing ever (okay that's a complete and total lie, but you'll survive it);)

Reactions: 1 users
Don't be scared...be excited! Applying to vet school is the most fun thing ever (okay that's a complete and total lie, but you'll survive it);)
do not lie to them mmmdreamerz. They deserve the truth. It sucks, and it's expensive and stressful, and you're gonna get rejected and your heart will be broken. Maybe you get in, maybe you don't, maybe it's time for a complete career change- who knows

Reactions: 4 users
do not lie to them mmmdreamerz. They deserve the truth. It sucks, and it's expensive and stressful, and you're gonna get rejected and your heart will be broken. Maybe you get in, maybe you don't, maybe it's time for a complete career change- who knows

Let them be enthusiastic just a little while longer lol. Tough love from cdoconn :p

Does taking 2 years off count as non-traditional? Lol.
I was accepted into c/o 2020 but had to decline for financial reasons :( So I'm taking time off to work and establish residency. Class of 2022 it is!

Sure! I don't think there are any defined parameters to what constitutes a non-traditional applicant.... I came across a similar conversation in another thread! I applied back for class of 2017 and was unsuccessful. Took a few years off to get a masters and work in the industry so I'm very excited to get back to veterinary medicine. Minus the whole application process...it's pretty awful. But we'll all make it through!!

Let them be enthusiastic just a little while longer lol. Tough love from cdoconn :p
I'm a tough love kind of person hahaha. But I'll play it up. :p

Omg this is the greatest time of my life. I love this uncertainty of where I'm going to live in 8 months. :mad:

Reactions: 8 users
I'm a tough love kind of person hahaha. But I'll play it up. :p

Omg this is the greatest time of my life. I love this uncertainty of where I'm going to live in 8 months. :mad:

Hahaha. Your right. This does suck:p:eek:

amen LOL

Reactions: 1 users
Well im checking in early. Im moving to Gainesville in the spring to take a few courses at UF. Like some I took 3 yrs off and retook my pre-reqs, gained experience. Didn't get in this cycle as im pretty sure my 145 in Quant sunk me like the titanic. Was told by a few vets not to do a master's and take a full load this coming summer instead.

Hoping for class of 2022, I'll be 32 when I graduate if I do get in next cycle.

Looking at UF (IS), Auburn, LMU, and maybe another.

Not yet! They send the first round of rejections late January and then the official acceptance/ waitlisted/ rejected early March. I'm just being proactive and realistic.
Yikes I thought UF was on the later end. Ah well like I said pick up brush off...cry if you need to ( we all do men included) and try again.

Not yet! They send the first round of rejections late January and then the official acceptance/ waitlisted/ rejected early March. I'm just being pessimistic.
ftfy. I mean, having a backup plan is always good, but you've gotta plan for the worst AND hope for the best. ;)

Yikes I thought UF was on the later end. Ah well like I said pick up brush off...cry if you need to ( we all do men included) and try again.

I haven't officially heard back from NCState, and they're supposedly sending them tomorrow. If I'm not on SDN ever again, it's because I got accepted, had a heart attack, and died. At least someone on the waitlist would get it!

ftfy. I mean, having a backup plan is always good, but you've gotta plan for the worst AND hope for the best. ;)

I'm working on the backup plan. I *might* consider retaking courses. I only had one C- Ochem1 (I got a B in ochem 2). The problem with my core GPA is I had a lot of AP classes, so easy A's of biology and English and stuff like that doesn't count. :/ so I might do that... and then add a heck of a lot more experience. It'll happen, whatever!

I haven't officially heard back from NCState, and they're supposedly sending them tomorrow. If I'm not on SDN ever again, it's because I got accepted, had a heart attack, and died. At least someone on the waitlist would get it!
:help::rofl::laugh:

I'm working on the backup plan. I *might* consider retaking courses. I only had one C- Ochem1 (I got a B in ochem 2). The problem with my core GPA is I had a lot of AP classes, so easy A's of biology and English and stuff like that doesn't count. :/ so I might do that... and then add a heck of a lot more experience. It'll happen, whatever!
Yeah, I had the same problem with AP classes. :( Retaking organic I and getting more experience sounds like a good plan! But there's still hope for this cycle. I somehow got accepted despite the mess that was me and organic chem.

Yeah, I had the same problem with AP classes. :( Retaking organic I and getting more experience sounds like a good plan! But there's still hope for this cycle. I somehow got accepted despite the mess that was me and organic chem.

*crossing all fingers and paws that one of my two remaining find me remotely interesting enough to let into their program*

*crossing all fingers and paws that one of my two remaining find me remotely interesting enough to let into their program*
It sucks that neither of them do interviews!

Anyone at or looking at Iowa or Ohio.. Im trying to decide between them or KSU. Id be OOS. Pm me :)