Class of 2018...how you doin? ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Woo hoo! So excited! I can hardly wait! But at the same time I plan to enjoy every last minute I have this summer :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Every time I see this thread's title I get the urge to watch friends :)

3622996-4039859115-Doin_.gif

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I go back and forth between freaking out and being really super excited! I've never lived off campus before (I've been an RA), so this'll be an adventure! :D

Hi hi. I'm a bit late to the thread. But yayyy! I'm so excited!!

I'm a bit late as well, but super excited to be part of the class of 2018!! :D

Now I just have to find out about my last school, decide (eek!) where to go, find housing (double eek!), get supplies etc. etc. etc. This vet school journey is only just beginning and the to-do list already never ends...

Reactions: 3 users
I decided on Tufts yesterday and cannot freaking wait now that I know where I'm going!!

Reactions: 4 users
Late to the thread but I'm super excited! :soexcited:

Now I just need to find a job for next few months so I can have some money saved up when I get to Edinburgh.

Reactions: 1 user
I decided on Tufts yesterday and cannot freaking wait now that I know where I'm going!!

Congrats on deciding! I'm still failing on that front. Though just came in from shoveling all the snow around my car and it's seriously making me lean towards UGA. Waaaarmth! It's currently 60 there. 19 here (and at my other two options, too). Boo.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on deciding! I'm still failing on that front. Though just came in from shoveling all the snow around my car and it's seriously making me lean towards UGA. Waaaarmth! It's currently 60 there. 19 here (and at my other two options, too). Boo.

Oh my God, have you ever seen the fall in New England though? Plus the skiing in VT and NH is a short car ride away (no matter what your experience level). Anyway, my choice was city vs. country and I can very easily pick winter in a rural/suburban area vs. winter in the city. There are literally days where I'm so mad at the cold here in NH but the view actually makes me smile in spite of it. Haha what.

even the threat of snow is swaying my decision. Winter, go away... bring on the heat :flame:

Members don't see this ad :)
Another straggler here! :angelic: .. I too am SUPER excited though! But all of the preparing I need to do makes me a tad nervous! I still need to start looking into housing :scared:eek!!

Another straggler here! :angelic: .. I too am SUPER excited though! But all of the preparing I need to do makes me a tad nervous! I still need to start looking into housing :scared:eek!!

Right there with ya...still need to find a place to live and be officially enrolled and all that. Hopefully I'll find out more information at the Open House this week!

I went to the doc today to get a physical exam done so the clinic could order my rabies vaccine. After all of it, I asked the NP when I should expect the rabies vaccine to arrive. She was like, erm we don't do that here but we can refer you to a travel clinic!

FML. The Anthem Blue Cross rep on the phone completely misled me. Ugh. I knew it was too good to be true. Looks like I'll be getting the student health insurance!

For the record, I have Blue Cross and got my rabies done through the school. I paid for it out of pocket, not expecting to get it covered. 4-5 months later, BOOM, mysterious check came in the mail that was the exact amount of the rabies vaccinations. I don't know exactly what happened but there's hope for ya.

For the record, I have Blue Cross and got my rabies done through the school. I paid for it out of pocket, not expecting to get it covered. 4-5 months later, BOOM, mysterious check came in the mail that was the exact amount of the rabies vaccinations. I don't know exactly what happened but there's hope for ya.

NCSU health insurance covers rabies, so I'm not worried about that. It was just annoying to find out that the rep I talked to on the phone didn't know what the hell she was talking about. :wtf:

NCSU health insurance covers rabies, so I'm not worried about that. It was just annoying to find out that the rep I talked to on the phone didn't know what the hell she was talking about. :wtf:
The same sort of thing happened to me. I h the phone might not know the proto

Last edited:

Meh, you "stragglers" still have loads of time. I know some (like myself, because I'm a procrastinator) don't even make their school decision til pretty close to the April deadline. Plus, people in off of waitlists over summer still make it work just fine. No worries.

If anybody else is from NJ, they do pre exposure rabies vaccine randomly throughout the year for $150 for the entire 3 vaccine series. (I think it's like NJAWR or something like that)

If anybody else is from NJ, they do pre exposure rabies vaccine randomly throughout the year for $150 for the entire 3 vaccine series. (I think it's like NJAWR or something like that)
I got mine through a travel clinic.

Oh my gosh! I had my first "first day of vet school" dream already and it's still 6 months away. For some reason all of the professors felt it was really important to figure out why Mario turned blue after eating the green mushroom. Lol

Signing the lease on a house in Philly o_O. This is all going so quickly!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm hitting up all the 2018 threads, haha. I get to post here! Yay! Just got my acceptance in the mail today. CANNOT BELIEVE IT. I must bottle up this excitement and joy and remember it when I'm stressing out/hating vet school in the future (we know it's gonna happen).

Ahh! So much to do! Vaccines, forms, housing, money!!! All I know is I'm making good on the promise I made myself if I got in...I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! <3

Reactions: 19 users
I'm hitting up all the 2018 threads, haha. I get to post here! Yay! Just got my acceptance in the mail today. CANNOT BELIEVE IT. I must bottle up this excitement and joy and remember it when I'm stressing out/hating vet school in the future (we know it's gonna happen).

Ahh! So much to do! Vaccines, forms, housing, money!!! All I know is I'm making good on the promise I made myself if I got in...I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! <3
Congrats!!! And good idea for a celebration. Have fun!

Thank you, all! We're going to be vets! It's still hard for me to believe that I'll be in vet school in a few short months. And yes! From the beginning I promised myself Disney World. It's one of my favorite places!

Yes, we have to remember this happiness/excitement. I'm sure it will be amusing (maybe a little sad, but hopefully a bit uplifting... lol) to look back at these posts this time next year :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users

Way to go, Epivetlove! Worth the wait :) Congratulations!!

I'm glad you got in!!! Have fun in Disney!

No hard feelings about killing you in WW :p

None at all! I would have done the same, haha.

Also, I was so jazzed to finally have a decent night's sleep after all the stress of waiting and wondering was over...NOPE! Couldn't turn my Scumbag Brain off...too much to think about! Ahh! :)

I think it's starting to set in that I will be moving to start vet school in just a few short months. Which is why I'm starting to freak out that I don't have: a place to live/financial aid/a job for when I get there/ a stupid nutrition course to sign up for over the summer. :zombie:
Oh yeah! How DO we sign up for that nutrition class? Is summer enrollment coming up soon?

Anyone else in the class of 2018 accepted to a school but waitlisted at their top choice?

Anyone else in the class of 2018 accepted to a school but waitlisted at their top choice?

Yes, accepted at Ross and St. George's, waitlisted at Va-MD, Auburn, and LSU. Auburn's my top choice :(

Yes, accepted at Ross and St. George's, waitlisted at Va-MD, Auburn, and LSU. Auburn's my top choice :(
Isn't it frustrating! I just want to KNOW!!! Lol well really I just want to be accepted XD I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard when I have to worry about apartment shopping etc. I wish more people (who got a bunch of accepts) would make a decision before April 15 so calls would go out before then :rolleyes:

Isn't it frustrating! I just want to KNOW!!! Lol well really I just want to be accepted XD I'm trying to be patient, but it's hard when I have to worry about apartment shopping etc. I wish more people (who got a bunch of accepts) would make a decision before April 15 so calls would go out before then :rolleyes:

Haha yes, I can't decide if I should put a deposit down on SGU or not. My mom says I should, but I'm also strongly considering relocating if I apply again next cycle... Meh :p

Hello, I'm a 1st time poster, but have been lurking for a month or two. I'm accepted to Edinburg and Minnesota but wait listed at Cornell, Wisconsin, VMRCVM (my IS), and CSU. I feel your pain. At this point I couldn't even tell you what my first choice is.

Hello, I'm a 1st time poster, but have been lurking for a month or two. I'm accepted to Edinburg and Minnesota but wait listed at Cornell, Wisconsin, VMRCVM (my IS), and CSU. I feel your pain. At this point I couldn't even tell you what my first choice is.

I'm waitlisted at VMRCVM which is my IS also haha

Haha yes, I can't decide if I should put a deposit down on SGU or not. My mom says I should, but I'm also strongly considering relocating if I apply again next cycle... Meh :p
Yeah I'll end up putting a deposit down on Purdue, but if I get called from WSU then I'll just have to take my losses on the deposit...

To give you a little hope, there was someone already called off of the waitlist for VMRCVM! Today or yesterday I think!

To give you a little hope, there was someone already called off of the waitlist for VMRCVM! Today or yesterday I think!

Thanks for the news!! I was wait listed there last year, so I've kind of given up. I'm actually holding out the most hope for Cornell (I've heard that they tend to move through their OOS list) or Wisconsin (I'm 21 on their OOS list). The biggest issue that I keep fretting about is that I'm in love with Cornell's curriculum and proximity, however Wisconsin would be significantly less costly, however I've never visited the school.
I realize this is all kind if silly considering I haven't been accepted to either, and I really did love Minnesota. I feel as though I should just be thankful for an acceptance but money is such a huge factor...grrr.

Thanks for the news!! I was wait listed there last year, so I've kind of given up. I'm actually holding out the most hope for Cornell (I've heard that they tend to move through their OOS list) or Wisconsin (I'm 21 on their OOS list). The biggest issue that I keep fretting about is that I'm in love with Cornell's curriculum and proximity, however Wisconsin would be significantly less costly, however I've never visited the school.
I realize this is all kind if silly considering I haven't been accepted to either, and I really did love Minnesota. I feel as though I should just be thankful for an acceptance but money is such a huge factor...grrr.
I know your dilemma though! I feel grateful for my acceptance but I'm so scared of cost! WSU would be much cheaper for me AND I love their school so much! I'm trying so hard to not harass the admissions office... Lol!

I got into Minnesota and Michigan, and they are so expensive OOS. (And I'm wait listed at Western, which isn't much better.) They're pretty much equivalent when you factor in living expenses. And in both states it seems pretty impossible to gain residency for tuition purposes (unless you're planning to stay there). I haven't visited Michigan yet, but I really loved Minnesota (we'll see how I feel after my first winter)... But if you take out loans for most/all your expenses, the debt is quite staggering.

I got into Minnesota and Michigan, and they are so expensive OOS. (And I'm wait listed at Western, which isn't much better.) They're pretty much equivalent when you factor in living expenses. And in both states it seems pretty impossible to gain residency for tuition purposes (unless you're planning to stay there). I haven't visited Michigan yet, but I really loved Minnesota (we'll see how I feel after my first winter)... But if you take out loans for most/all your expenses, the debt is quite staggering.
Oh my gosh I know!! It scares the hell out of me! I'm just so neurotic about the process. At least you aren't super attached to your waitlist school! I wish I wasn't XD

Yup! I saw that, I think they were OOS though and I believe they have two different waitlists. At least they'll let you know your ranking after April 15th

Come to MN! Freeze with us!