CCOM Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the incoming class size is? I was just curious. The MS2 I talked to said their class was around 170.

Members don't see this ad.

yeah we finished with 167. That number is about 15-18 lower than when we started in the fall.

That many people failed/dropped out/left?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Which means some of my classmates are now your classmates.

Buckeye(OH) said:
Yes. Which means some of my classmates are now your classmates.

Yo Buckeye, clear some space in your folder so I can PM you. It says you are full

i've been too lazy to check sdn forums all summer but i'd like to say hi to all my future first years!! woohoooo can't wait for orientation to meet you guys. i still haven't gotten my orientation packet though...should i start bugging the office? :oops:

glad to see other first years from california, :D we can all freeze together this winter. i also read earlier that we shouldn't buy any textbooks first quarter? any other ms11's have advice? I will be stuck in the Redwood hall dorms this year but don't worry i'm still coming out to the apts to party!

sg

The library has every book you will ever need. Do not get caught up in having to have the book thats recommended or even the latest edition.

Phys is phys, anatomy is anatomy.

There is one book that I would highly recommend. I absolutely suck at OMM. I mean, its consistently my worst grade. However, I finally did well on the final because I used the OMT book by Savarese. I would highly recommend you purchase this book. The library has two copies, and one is always out, and the other one is lost. Why we only have two, I haven't a clue.

Not to bring up the Ohio/Big Ten thing again, but I just read an article about Maurice Clarett...Go Ohio!

I am just messing with you Buckeye ;) On a serious note, do you know the name of the OMT book by Savarese?

Talking about Clarett hardly bothers any OSU fan. Despite the fact that it says he dropped out, he was more or less asked to leave.

What a ****ing loser.

No, I dont know the name of the book, just search for the guy at amazon.

Hello all--

I am currently in the application process at CCOM. Anybody have any advice, etc?

Thanks.

Read the book The DO's....I think the adcom really likes that book

Get everything done early, interview as early as possible...thats about it

When I interviewed at CCOM, it was right at the end and it was a little more stressful...I felt like I was competing with every individual in the room for one spot.

So yeah, you don't want that feeling...get everything done as early as possible

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Buckeye, do you follow college basketball? It's gonna be a close race between OSU and UW this year- both teams are predicted to do well and are in the top ten preseason by most "experts". OSU may have alot of talent but UW definitely has the experienceand most notably Alando.

WiscoDO said:
Hey Buckeye, do you follow college basketball? It's gonna be a close race between OSU and UW this year- both teams are predicted to do well and are in the top ten preseason by most "experts". OSU may have alot of talent but UW definitely has the experienceand most notably Alando.

Yea, I heard they are predicted to be neck and neck for second place in the Big 10.

As a UW Alum...we'll see how things go. Last year was not impressive for Badger Basketball...hopefully one of the freshmen will stand out.

I have had season tickets for the last 4 years, and it was too bad what happened with Landry and Stiemsma last fall- up to that point UW was 14-2 and looking good to contend in the Big ten. They were better than their record showed at the end. With those two guys back (granted they don't skip their finals) and two great recruit guards, along with the loss of only Ray Nixon, they look poised to make a run at the Big Ten title and a deep tourney run.

WiscoDO said:
I have had season tickets for the last 4 years, and it was too bad what happened with Landry and Stiemsma last fall- up to that point UW was 14-2 and looking good to contend in the Big ten. They were better than their record showed at the end. With those two guys back (granted they don't skip their finals) and two great recruit guards, along with the loss of only Ray Nixon, they look poised to make a run at the Big Ten title and a deep tourney run.

I agree that losing ONLY Ray Nixon is a huge advantage. Hopefully the new guards will be able to perform at the college level unlike Butch...Where are you living wisco?

WiscoDO said:

Typically only follow UK basketball. One of Rick Pitino's sons was one of my best friends when I grew up in the Lexington.

Thats really cool you knew one of Pitinos sons- he's a great coach- hopefully UK has a better year this year. Yeah, shttthttle I agree about the guards- they are going to be so deep- taylor, flowers, hughes, bohannon, perry, etc. They will be deep all around, big men and forwards too. I will say that butch has developed more slowly than people thought and they give him alot of ****. However, he had a good 2nd half and was pretty solid last year and will only continue to improve. Especially if Stiemsma is back, he can really open up on offense. He did have the highest field goal % and was the leading rebounder and 3rd highest scorer last season. He does have room to improve though. I am living right off of I88 and 355 in an apt on the Downers Grove/Lisle border. its only about a 7 min drive from school. Definitely not too far from the beer pong action. Where are you living? Was it Yorktown?

People in Cali play beer pong?

BTW...Rick is a cardinal now!

Does anyone plan on or have done the work study?

Yeah, yet another CA girl! And I thought I was gonna be all alone... We'll be tortured together. Everyone's free to come to my apt to party! Can't wait to get out there! :)

Oh, and we definately play beer pong in cali...

cjsteller said:

When are you moving? and where?

I think myself and another roomate will be in Chicago next weekend, and our other roomate will be moving in the following weekend. I really can't wait for pre-medical school beer pong fun to begin!

cjsteller said:

I was just joking- Wisconsinites are always looking for a good challenge ;)

Wisco, we only dream of good challenges...Dare I say that Wisconites are the best beer pong players in the nation? Maybe we should find out the week before orientation?

shttthttle said:
Wisco, we only dream of good challenges...Dare I say that Wisconites are the best beer pong players in the nation? Maybe we should find out the week before orientation?

Myself and another dude from Madison will take on any of you wannabe ballers at pong. ****, we'll give you a two cup lead.

Ah yes, this reminds of one night last year after studying about 5 hrs for Neuro, we whipped out the pong table at my pad and played a few rounds before nite nite.

Bests,

William

shttthttle said:
When are you moving? and where?

I think myself and another roomate will be in Chicago next weekend, and our other roomate will be moving in the following weekend. I really can't wait for pre-medical school beer pong fun to begin!

I'll be at Yorktown and I'm not moving for a couple weeks still. I'm driving out from CA, and i'm leaving after I run a half marathon a week from sunday. i'll definately be down for some good partying after that drive :)

Yorktown come monday. The fun begins. My last day at work was today. No more picking orders at -10F for good.

Vox Animo said:
Yorktown come monday. The fun begins. My last day at work was today. No more picking orders at -10F for good.

I used to work for Sysco. I feel you.

Anyone planning on getting into the CCOM Students and Alumni golf outing on September 9th? Any of you 2nd years take part last year? I'm in for sure.

nweb said:
Anyone planning on getting into the CCOM Students and Alumni golf outing on September 9th? Any of you 2nd years take part last year? I'm in for sure.

I am also in. I'm interested to see how the courses are down there. Unfortunately our University Ridge discount is over, but maybe there are some deals down there. I see the white coat ceremony is in Rosemont this year, which seems better than having it in the lecture hall as some MS2s have mentioned.

anyone else intown yet?

and where's the good eatin around here?

Is anyone else getting cable/satellite? I was looking at the Dish Network with the Free DVR for ~38/month. Anyone else know of anything cheaper? I have to be able to watch the Hawkeyes own the Big10 on the weekends.

Im movin up on saturday but im not staying until the 28th.. gotta work

we just got the second year schedule. God, its soooo much nicer than it was last year.

You can find pretty much anything you might want up and down butterfield and up and down ogden.

I'll be coming in on Saturday...Vox or anyone, I will definitely be ready to rock n' roll that night...anyone down?

Also, anyone have any suggestions on which company to go with for cable and internet? Thanks.

Lots of good cheap courses. I'll be back in town at Yorktown w/in 1-2 wks, and when I get back will probably be throwing back some brew-dogs on a nightly basis.

WiscoDO said:
I am also in. I'm interested to see how the courses are down there. Unfortunately our University Ridge discount is over, but maybe there are some deals down there. I see the white coat ceremony is in Rosemont this year, which seems better than having it in the lecture hall as some MS2s have mentioned.

Comcast. You should call and make an appointment with them asap

shttthttle said:
I'll be coming in on Saturday...Vox or anyone, I will definitely be ready to rock n' roll that night...anyone down?

Also, anyone have any suggestions on which company to go with for cable and internet? Thanks.

shttthttle said:

I think im going to go with Dish Network: $34/month
*Connect up to 4 rooms FREE!
*No Equipment to buy!
*FREE DVR Equipment Options!
*FREE Installation!*FREE DISH Home Protection Plan!
$100 HD Bonus Offer ($10 credit for 10 consecutive months). Restrictions Apply.
$100 Back For New Customers ($10 credit for 10 consecutive months). Restrictions Apply.
*Valid for new customers only.

Comcast is ~$56/month plus installation fees. You dont get a free DVR either. :(

Vox Animo said:
Does anyone plan on or have done the work study?

I think I am doing work study. Never done it before, though.

I'll be in the area on the 27th. I suck at beer pong, but I'm always down for the drinking part. Let me know what's going on, and I'll be sure to come by.

-Marissa

laboholic said:
I think im going to go with Dish Network: $34/month
*Connect up to 4 rooms FREE!
*No Equipment to buy!
*FREE DVR Equipment Options!
*FREE Installation!*FREE DISH Home Protection Plan!
$100 HD Bonus Offer ($10 credit for 10 consecutive months). Restrictions Apply.
$100 Back For New Customers ($10 credit for 10 consecutive months). Restrictions Apply.
*Valid for new customers only.

Comcast is ~$56/month plus installation fees. You dont get a free DVR either. :(

What is their number? They sound cheaper than cable

Alright, I just arrived in Lombard/Downers Grove...what are people up to Saturday night? Beer pong/anything?

let the games begin