Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm 07/07. Second most unpopular session. :(
Wasn't sure I'd be back from the 4th festivities in time for the 6th.

BUT if I am back, I will be at the kick-off party!

(Now to figure out my white coat size :D )

Members don't see this ad.

I'm 07/07. Second most unpopular session. :(
Wasn't sure I'd be back from the 4th festivities in time for the 6th.

BUT if I am back, I will be at the kick-off party!

(Now to figure out my white coat size :D )

So when's your birthday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Party on the 30th at Druzie's house! :hardy::banana:

Hah! There will be no furniture and boxes everywhere. Not conducive to entertaining I would say. :p But maybe we'll do something nearby... (if you have any ideas, let me know!)

Hah! There will be no furniture and boxes everywhere. Not conducive to entertaining I would say. :p But maybe we'll do something nearby... (if you have any ideas, let me know!)

:D Well, I'm sure we can come up with somewhere if you're amenable to company that night. But if you just want to celebrate with your partner, we can totally all do something a different night. You're the birthday girl, it's your call! :)

Okay, all - I realize that I should probably know this, but when does Block 7 (anatomy) start? It's not on our 2009-2010 schedule. I get the feeling that I'm missing / have missed something very obvious...

:D Well, I'm sure we can come up with somewhere if you're amenable to company that night. But if you just want to celebrate with your partner, we can totally all do something a different night. You're the birthday girl, it's your call! :)

Yes, we can just dedicate one of our many fun summer nights of celebrating to Druzie's belated birthday. :D

Just One?! :hardy:

I hereby dedicate all gatherings to Druzie.:hardy:

Returned from BMV, license in hand. Bought a ream of printer paper. Attempted to carry said ream of paper back from parking garage. Was foiled by doorknob. Smashed fingers of said hand on door frame of associated doorknob. Nursed fingers a bit. Proceeded to drag paper the rest of the way up to my apartment.

That is all.

Returned from BMV, license in hand. Bought a ream of printer paper. Attempted to carry said ream of paper back from parking garage. Was foiled by doorknob. Smashed fingers of said hand on door frame of associated doorknob. Nursed fingers a bit. Proceeded to drag paper the rest of the way up to my apartment.

That is all.

Wait... wasn't the trip to the BMV supposed to be the most torturous part of the day? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait... wasn't the trip to the BMV supposed to be the most torturous part of the day? ;)

It was, but why stop there?!

Actually, I must say that the Mayfield Heights BMV experience is pretty smooth. Waaay better than the Warrensville Heights shuffle.:thumbup:

Okay, all - I realize that I should probably know this, but when does Block 7 (anatomy) start? It's not on our 2009-2010 schedule. I get the feeling that I'm missing / have missed something very obvious...

Blocks seven and eight are "longitudinal" blocks. Which means they aren't explicitly scheduled, but are instead integrated into all of the other six blocks we have. So you won't see them explicitly scheduled, since we're kind of always in them.

Blocks seven and eight are "longitudinal" blocks. Which means they aren't explicitly scheduled, but are instead integrated into all of the other six blocks we have. So you won't see them explicitly scheduled, since we're kind of always in them.

Okay, thanks!

Those of you planning on getting Ohio drivers' licenses, be advised that they are hot pink.

You think I'm joking? Just you wait.

For those of you already in the area, IDs can be gotten in the basement of Crawford Hall with your favorite government issued ID. Won't get you into the med school right now, but it will at least get you access to Veale.:thumbup:

Those of you planning on getting Ohio drivers' licenses, be advised that they are hot pink.

You think I'm joking? Just you wait.

Holy what.

Looks like I'll be sticking with Texas for a little while longer. :p

Nah, that's not what they look like anymore. They changed them about four or five years ago, then did a minor update last year. This is what they look like now:

license533.jpg

Ohio with hot pink, for the win!

Not to dwell on a favorite topic, but has anyone received financial aid news other than getting your aid package? Aren't we supposed to be getting a promissory note and /or communication from our lender? Just hoping I'm not missing something here...

Not to dwell on a favorite topic, but has anyone received financial aid news other than getting your aid package? Aren't we supposed to be getting a promissory note and /or communication from our lender? Just hoping I'm not missing something here...

I haven't gotten anything yet either. Last I got was the e-mail with instructions for selecting the lender and asking us to mail back the signed acceptance of the initial package details. Since then, not a peep. Been wondering about that myself, since I recall them saying after we sign the promissory note that the funds are deposited into our accounts the week of July 6th, IIRC.

one of the emails said on june 20 we would receive an email from our chosen lender with more directions

3. Review, Indicate the Lender you have chosen, Sign and Return the Award Letter to:
Case School of Medicine
Office of Financial Aid
10900 Euclid Avenue - T-303
Cleveland, OH 44106-4920
ATTN: Jessie Clemmons

4. If you have completed all of the steps above, you will receive an email from your chosen Lender by June 20th.

5. Complete and sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) according to the lender instructions.

6. Loan funds will be applied to your tuition account the week of July 6th.

one of the emails said on june 20 we would receive an email from our chosen lender with more directions

3. Review, Indicate the Lender you have chosen, Sign and Return the Award Letter to:
Case School of Medicine
Office of Financial Aid
10900 Euclid Avenue - T-303
Cleveland, OH 44106-4920
ATTN: Jessie Clemmons

4. If you have completed all of the steps above, you will receive an email from your chosen Lender by June 20th.

5. Complete and sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) according to the lender instructions.

6. Loan funds will be applied to your tuition account the week of July 6th.

Ah yes, I remember this now. Thanks for posting it! :thumbup:

Nah, that's not what they look like anymore. They changed them about four or five years ago, then did a minor update last year. This is what they look like now:

Ohio with hot pink, for the win!

Ah~ I was making a reference to size. You'll notice that guy has his head stuck through a grossly enlarged license. Halloween costume. :) (To be fair, I think that was 4 or 5 Halloweens ago.)

Ah~ I was making a reference to size. You'll notice that guy has his head stuck through a grossly enlarged license. Halloween costume. :) (To be fair, I think that was 4 or 5 Halloweens ago.)

Ooohhhhhhhh, ok. hahaha... I totally missed that the first time. :sleep: That picture is even funnier in light of how giant that must have been! :laugh:

haha touche

Druzie! We think we know where we're taking you for your birthday (unless you don't drink (at all)).:)

I saw that, and I wanted to say thank you.

Druzie! We think we know where we're taking you for your birthday (unless you don't drink (at all)).:)

Woo! (Don't worry; I drink.) :hardy:

You know, I realized, when I move in, I won't have internet or anything. How will we plot our mischief-making?

I saw that, and I wanted to say thank you.

Woo! (Don't worry; I drink.) :hardy:

You know, I realized, when I move in, I won't have internet or anything. How will we plot our mischief-making?

There's an amazing new invention that I'd like to tell you about that lets you communicate with someone far away without making use of that treacherous postal service! I'll explain more in a PM.:thumbup::laugh:

Where?? Can we have an encore after July 6? :D

We're going to head to Great Lakes Brewery. As to after the 6th, do you even need to ask?:hungover: We're pretty much taking everyone out the minute they get here.:thumbup:

We're going to head to Great Lakes Brewery. As to after the 6th, do you even need to ask?:hungover: We're pretty much taking everyone out the minute they get here.:thumbup:

Excellent. :D

Geez, the 6th, sirius? What? You have someplace better to be than Cleveland?

There is obviously no place better to be than Cleveland, especially when I could be there organizing my life and making mischief with my amazing classmates. ;)

However, I have a bunch of things to take care of before I get there, and it seems that I can't move into my apartment until around the 6th, anyway.

In these trying times, it's truly a comfort to know that the celebration scene will be organized and waiting with open arms for my arrival. :laugh:

hey when do you guys plan to chill and stuff? friday nights? saturday nights?

hey when do you guys plan to chill and stuff? friday nights? saturday nights?

Every nights? :D. At least until class starts, and maybe block two given past students' comments, we're kinda chilling regularly.

Ok so it's June 20th, and I haven't received any info from my lender... Has anyone gotten any additional financial aid info yet?

Ok so it's June 20th, and I haven't received any info from my lender... Has anyone gotten any additional financial aid info yet?

Haven't heard as much as a peep out of them since I sent in my letter.:(

Morning, classmates. Don't forget to call your Dad!

might want to rethink that naming policy...

info-indians.png