This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why don't you pursue what you want to do? Every job has it pros and cons, it really depends on your personality and what you like... You have to reflect on it and really figure out what you want.

You entire post is spot on. Too many people here say "Oh do Computer Science", or "Oh be a Doctor", etc. We all have different aptitudes and different interests, and people need to consider that first and foremost when picking a career. Picking a career because "it guarentees a lot of money", is very likely to lead to unhappiness.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Exactly.

Also, Just because someone gets a computer science degree doesn’t mean they are gonna be making 150k right out of a 2 year program. I graduated with many an engineers, nurses, accountants (degrees that are actually worth going to college for) and they aren’t breaking the 6 figure mark until their 50s.

What other profession can make 120k right out the gates as a 26 year old? Optometry, Dentistry, and Pharmacy are about it. If you do pharmacy as a 6 year program, you could start making 120k as a 24 year old. Sounds like a good deal to me if you can keep cost of attendance low.

You entire post is spot on. Too many people here say "Oh do Computer Science", or "Oh be a Doctor", etc. We all have different aptitudes and different interests, and people need to consider that first and foremost when picking a career. Picking a career because "it guarentees a lot of money", is very likely to lead to unhappiness.

Exactly.

Also, Just because someone gets a computer science degree doesn’t mean they are gonna be making 150k right out of a 2 year program. I graduated with many an engineers, nurses, accountants (degrees that are actually worth going to college for) and they aren’t breaking the 6 figure mark until their 50s.

What other profession can make 120k right out the gates as a 26 year old? Optometry, Dentistry, and Pharmacy are about it. If you do pharmacy as a 6 year program, you could start making 120k as a 24 year old. Sounds like a good deal to me if you can keep cost of attendance low.
You can make 120k as a programmer. My first job after i finished my cs program was 70k. 2 years later i got one making 115k. It's all supply and demand economics. And if they start cracking down on H1s i am guessing that will create a shortage in the tech field.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried to read this....to much. Work at a hospital and not retail. bottom line. I dont care about your chem degree or whatever.