Cardiology 2010-2011 application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection from San antonio, texas.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi i dont know about other programs but i got information from my freind that UConn farmington is not a good program for cards.

One of my friends got interview from just one program, and that is the UConn. Gotta tell him about something in that program.

Appreciate your answer!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any idea about the following programs interms of Cardiology ?
University of Tenn, Memphis
UCSF Fresno

Same here. anybody any idea??
It is a good program in the Bronx.Front loaded and very busy to the extent that it gets overwhelming esp. on call days. You will come out as an excellent clinical cardiologist thats what I have heard.
I dont think they are strong with basic research, but guy name Kitis? is there.
Also,they recently recruited Mario Garcia from Mt Sinai so I am hoping that they have good imaging. Hey!! we will figure out in the interview.
Good Luck

Has anyone heard from Vandy, UAB, or Tulane?

Applied to 10 programs - 3 invites, but I've yet to hear from the other 7 programs...

Has anyone heard from Vandy, UAB, or Tulane?

Applied to 10 programs - 3 invites, but I've yet to hear from the other 7 programs...

Vanderbilt is reviewing the applications in the coming week. UAB, I believe, has not sent out invites. Dont know about Tulane..

Vandy has sent out at least one batch of invites to external candidates...

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been awfully quite last few days. I hope the interviews will still trickle in :xf:.....there are quite a few programs I haven't heard from yet,either way IV:D or rej:cool:.

Vanderbilt is reviewing the applications in the coming week. UAB, I believe, has not sent out invites. Dont know about Tulane..

Not sure about Vanderbilt. Didn't apply to Tulane/UAB. I have a friend who has had an invite from Tulane though.

I got a rejection from UMinn, then 3 retractions of said rejection in rapid succession.:confused::laugh:

i got the same thing...:)

Last edited:
Rej from UVA.
Anyway, I have heard that the UVA program is not doing well financially.

has anyone heard from anyone heard from Maimonides (NY), Casewestern(Metrohealth)(OH) , SUNY Downstate(NY) and SUNY UPSTATE(NY):xf:

Univ of Florida interview.

Rejected from UCSD :scared: luckily I knew this since they already rejected me three weeks ago. :laugh:

Vandy has sent out at least one batch of invites to external candidates...

I am sure they have but they are reviewing a batch of applications this week too.
So, whoever has not received a rejection can be hopeful, including me :D

Univ of Florida interview.

Rejected from UCSD :scared: luckily I knew this since they already rejected me three weeks ago. :laugh:

is this the gainesville or jacksonville program??

has anyone heard from anyone heard from Maimonides (NY), Casewestern(Metrohealth)(OH) , SUNY Downstate(NY) and SUNY UPSTATE(NY):xf:
downstate will only iV internal candidates first this yr-and IF NEEDED will CONSIDER external candidates-got it from the PC at downstate-upstate has only IV-ed internal candidates till now-same for Maimonides.No idea abt metrohealth.

IV from UF today was Gainesville.

Also, anyone with examples of how they went about cancelling an interview? Email? Phone call? Thanks

-joe

Got IV from Case/metro couple of weeks ago.

This adds another to my rejection.It coincides with the time frame when they told me that they would be sending out invites when I had reached them inquiring about my application status.......Darn!!!!!:mad:

Any one heard from MUSC Cardiology fellowship program. Any input would be appreciated.

I am curious to know how all of you feel?
I would like to initiate a class action law suit against this whole ERAS system since the way in which the whole application process is set up is unfair and asking more money on top of money paid to ERAS is not the right thing to do.
Also programs sending emails with 380 addresses as rejections shows no respect for privacy for an individual applicant.

Please share your thoughts.

I am curious to know how all of you feel?
I would like to initiate a class action law suit against this whole ERAS system since the way in which the whole application process is set up is unfair and asking more money on top of money paid to ERAS is not the right thing to do.
Also programs sending emails with 380 addresses as rejections shows no respect for privacy for an individual applicant.

Please share your thoughts.

Is that you Charlie Sheen?

Man, I hope you're kidding --- as much as we physicians complain about lawyers, malpractice claims, and tort reform --- suing ERAS is not the way to go...

I completely agree that privacy is a huge issue, but I have no desire to be involved in a class action suit that will make some attorney rich just to make a point...

Man, I hope you're kidding --- as much as we physicians complain about lawyers, malpractice claims, and tort reform --- suing ERAS is not the way to go...

I completely agree that privacy is a huge issue, but I have no desire to be involved in a class action suit that will make some attorney rich just to make a point...

I agree.

ERAS has made life easier for everybody. I cant think of applying to all these places without ERAS. If a program asks for money, its a free world, you can choose not to pay.

As for the rejections, this 380 address thing was an error and the PC apologized for it.

Thank you all for the input, I appreciate ERAS like most of you do but there has to be a better way to improve application process. ERAS was implemented in late 90's, I want them to be more innovative and make more advances, I have not seen much improvement over a decade, it may be nice to have some statistics on ERAS as to with each program how many applicants over last 3 years, applicant to interview ratio, FMG/IMG to US medical Graduates ratio, you can certainly find most of these on Freida but who has time during a busy second year to look into details of every program. It is so easy to import this from Frieda database.
May be once we get an interview we can prepare ourselves to get more details on our own, ERAS should make more advances then what they have, they are still using the same template they used in 1999, although I agree ERAS has been a blessing and there is not way once can apply to all these programs like the scary old days.
Todays era needs a change and improvement process.....
All I am saying is that we need to improve standards, I was shocked to hear many applicants getting interview emails then rejection emails from the same program within less then 24 hrs, this is indeed traumatic for the applicants.

Not agreeing with the implementation of ERAS' database is a great reason for a lawsuit. You are the reason why malpractice attorneys have a job. As for the rejection email, move on, we've all been rejected.

Now get back to the point of this thread, to be helpful to other applicants.

Atach for some reason you are fixated on the word malpractice and seems like you hate attorneys, as always there are good attorneys and bad attorneys, this is not malpracttice but "breach of contract" You need to get your basics right, no one is talking about malpractice out here.
You need to read the article on medscape

The surpise malpractice, "Why did you Sue me?"

Rejection from University of Iowa today, hope this helps you atach

I agree.

ERAS has made life easier for everybody. I cant think of applying to all these places without ERAS. If a program asks for money, its a free world, you can choose not to pay.

As for the rejections, this 380 address thing was an error and the PC apologized for it.

Oh really did she really apologized? most of my friends never got this email, may you got it, and as far as choosing not to pay, do you have an option?? This is Obamacare where every has to pay.

If they did have option to apply with or with our ERAS I am sure many would apply with out ERAS, especially if you are applying to less then 10 programs.

anyone heard from Lehigh Valley program yet ? wondering if they have sent out interviews

Can a moderator please move the ERAS conversation to an ERAS thread instead of this one?

Still waiting on UAB to send out anything, as far as I can tell.

Can a moderator please move the ERAS conversation to an ERAS thread instead of this one?

Still waiting on UAB to send out anything, as far as I can tell.

Thomas Jefferson is sending out rejections.

yale rejection, jefferson invite.
also, NYMC at queens invite. Does anyone know anything about that program?

Nope... Rumor has it Cedars doesn't send out rejections, only invites.

Can anybody give me some more information about the WHC Cardiology fellowship and their Interventional Cards? It appears they are a very high volume center with extensive clinical experience on different specialities CHF, EP, imaging and interventional. I would like to match in a program where they have good Int experience if possible.
thanks for y'all input

Did anyone recieve an interview from Albany?

Hey forum, just received a rejection from IUPUI.
Was Wondering if anybody else got a rejection and what the rejection email says...
I'm beginning to feel like I'm just canon fodder with all the canned rejection emails.
And I'd like to know how many interviews people have completed thus far. Obviously I'm not referring to the many geniuses who have > 10 interviews. I am addressing regular people like me. ( so far have had only 2 interviews)

Thanks Board!