can anyone tell my about Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr midnight

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
YEA my first invite at Temple can anyone tell me about Temple and living in Philly. Thank you:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

You want people that live in the Temple area to help you out. I live in West Philly and its completely different than the north. Generally, Philly in a nutshell: Center City and Olde City are nice, good places, but kind of pricey. South Philly and West Philly aren't the best places. University City is its own niche in West Philly and is nicer than going all the way west. North Philly, around the Temple area, isn't the greatest place to be. However, if you stay on the campus you should be fine. Outside in the burbs its a totally different look and feel. Conshohocken, the Villanova area, Roxborough, etc are good places to live and you're not right inside the city. However, if you have to travel on 476 it doesn't matter where you are, its always traffic packed.

I agree that every section of philly is like an entirely different city, but don't hate on south philly!!! i live there in the italian market area and it's a very safe and nice place to be...anyway, that said, north philly where temple is is not the nicest place to be. It's not too hard to commute there from a more central location though, and i would recommend doing that. Philadelphia is a great city to live in. I moved here in the end of june after graduation and the july 4th celebration was amazing, there are great events all summer like outdoor movies in the parks, center city sips (special happy hours on wedensdays in center city) etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
the Temple area not the nicest place to be? Well, that's a euphemism. It's one of the worst areas in Philly. They have armed guards in the ER due to gang related incidents that spilled into the ER.

I just interviewed at Temple. I really liked it. The student body is diverse and the school is committed to helping the underserved. I just felt great there.

My interviewer was totally nice too. She was grandmotherly and kept telling me how great my app was! It's open file, but it was obviously very relaxed. I didn't even really have to sell myself.

Most students commute from the burbs or center city.

I just wanted to add that I really liked their focus on clinical medicine as well.

They have a class that teaches you suturing, blood draws, etc before you see them during clerkships. This is neglected at some schools.

Plus, numerous sites and lots of trauma.

YEA my first invite at Temple can anyone tell me
about Temple and living in Philly. Thank you:thumbup:

My file is under review since few days.

How long was your file under review before u got invited?

My file is under review since few days.

How long was your file under review before u got invited?

My file has been under review since the end of July. I called the other day and the lady said it could be 'under review' until April... The only thing to do is wait.

Hey,

I'm only a sophomore in college now, so I'm not entirely sure if I should be here,
but I am thinking of going to Temple Med school, and so I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers in how to get accepted there.
Theoretically, I will have a 3.65-ish science GPA and a 3.75-ish overall GPA by the time I apply, (hopefully I'll have those stats)
but I was thinking of doing that dual-degree program they have and that's what I really want to get into.
When I went on the website, they said that for dual-degree, you should have a "significantly higher" scores than for "just" the med school.
When I looked up Temple in the MSAR, its ovll and science GPA were both 3.7. So I'm thinking my stats won't be good enough to get into the program?
anyone please can help me????????
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.