2019-2020 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get a scholarship here?

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my acceptance to St. Luke’s. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to withdraw? Is there somewhere on the portal or do we just email?

Anyone remember when we'd hear back regarding WL movement? Did they ever mention anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an email to admissions withdrawing my app and got the refund but it still shows on my choose your medical school tool. Anyone else? It’s been almost a week too.

I sent an email to admissions withdrawing my app and got the refund but it still shows on my choose your medical school tool. Anyone else? It’s been almost a week too.
Were you St. Lukes or main campus?

I'm on the CC list and I just got a survey to gauge my interest in Temple. Don't know if it means anything or if it went to everyone

Reactions: 2 users
I'm on the CC list and I just got a survey to gauge my interest in Temple. Don't know if it means anything or if it went to everyone
I got it and idk what to do. They won't tell us where we are in the CC list but want us to tell them where they are in our priority. The balance of power...

Reactions: 3 users
I got it and idk what to do. They won't tell us where we are in the CC list but want us to tell them where they are in our priority. The balance of power...
My guess is that our position on the list depends on how we answer the question. If you write you will definitely accept you'll move up the list

i would love to believe that it helps my position, but i dont think it moves your ranking

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn’t overthink it guys. It says if you choose option 1 or 2, you will be considered when they evaluate the waitlist. Maybe the first option will be more important closer to matriculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that our position on the list depends on how we answer the question. If you write you will definitely accept you'll move up the list

I wouldn't choose "definitely will accept" unless that's actually true. I think we should view this response like sending a letter of intent - aka it would be quite bad to say that you'll definitely go there, get accepted, and then not take the offer if you get accepted into another school that you'd rather go to. That's a pretty big no-no. Not saying that's what you're recommending, but I wanted to warn you guys of this.

Reactions: 2 users
i put option 1 cus its true. I doubt it holds that much weight although temple mentions they are receptive to LOI type stuff

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn't choose "definitely will accept" unless that's actually true. I think we should view this response like sending a letter of intent - aka it would be quite bad to say that you'll definitely go there, get accepted, and then not take the offer if you get accepted into another school that you'd rather go to. That's a pretty big no-no. Not saying that's what you're recommending, but I wanted to warn you guys of this.
I'm not suggesting people should lie, I'm just saying schools protect their yields so they're going to look at people first who definitely want to go there. If they still have spots later they'll look at the people who said they were a maybe.

This was an incredibly difficult decision as I have a special place in my heart for Temple, but I officially withdrew today.

Reactions: 9 users
I agree with this. but their wording in the survey seems like they are asking for PTE, not CTE. so technically if you were to get into another school, with say a full scholarship, you're not bound to attend temple even if it is your first choice right now.

I agree with this. but their wording in the survey seems like they are asking for PTE, not CTE. so technically if you were to get into another school, with say a full scholarship, you're not bound to attend temple even if it is your first choice right now.
Agreed as well. A lot of things can change that aren’t expected after May 1st. Temple is my top choice at the moment but I still haven’t received my financial aid packages from other schools. I know when I interviewed for St. Luke’s they said all students get 10K a year scholarships and that is what I’m basing my decision off of right now. All of the schools I’m on the waitlist for I love and am picking solely on cost of attendance...

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Temple is true P/F or do they internally rank for the first couple of years?

Does anyone know what Temple is planning to do for the fall? I always thought I'd want to go to a big city for medical school, but with the odds of COVID-19 seriously disrupting education for the long haul, maybe being in less-affected areas is the better option.

Submitted the waitlist form yesterday with option 2, but just got rejected by my top choice. Should I send them an email and let them know they are my top choice? Help!

sounds rough, need To keep all options Open, you have to be your best advocate in the process at all times

Submitted the waitlist form yesterday with option 2, but just got rejected by my top choice. Should I send them an email and let them know they are my top choice? Help!
can you submit the survey a second time and then email them and say like please only acknowledge my second response?? or something idk

can you submit the survey a second time and then email them and say like please only acknowledge my second response?? or something idk
It might reboot on its own. Override what you answered first I think

How do we withdraw our acceptance?? I emailed them but it’s still showing on my CYMS tool. Do I have to do something on the portal?
Nope it just takes a few days. I received my refund back this morning after withdrawing yesterfday but they just haven't processed it on choose your medical school.

This was an incredibly difficult decision as I have a special place in my heart for Temple, but I officially withdrew today.
did they send you a confirmation email? I emailed to withdraw but its still on my amcas choose your medical school tool and i still have access to the portal.

did they send you a confirmation email? I emailed to withdraw but its still on my amcas choose your medical school tool and i still have access to the portal.

In the same boat. I e-mailed the school I clicked PTE on just to notify them that I did withdraw from my other acceptances but for some reason it hasn't updated yet. just in case lol

Just received email confirmation of my withdrawal from the waitlist at St. Luke's. Loved the program but got accepted somewhere cheaper and closer to home. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew from the main campus program. I hope that spot goes to one of you! Best of luck to all still hoping for that A :)

Reactions: 12 users
For anyone waiting, I interviewed very late in march last year, CC list in April, Accepted off the WL on May 9th (or around there). And got a scholarships so being on the WL doesn't affect that.

Reactions: 7 users