Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you realize how many thousands of seconds away that is?? I'm already going insane!
Yes, they use AACOMAS. That's what I used and I'm complete and under review.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you realize how many thousands of seconds away that is?? I'm already going insane!

They are one of the few schools that I have contacted that promptly return emails and answer calls. Very friendly and helpful too

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes, they use AACOMAS. That's what I used and I'm complete and under review.

Ohmagad, you just made my weekend. Nothing like application season to bring the neuroticism to an 11.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long after you were verified did it take you to get the secondary? I still haven't gotten it and I was verified 2 weeks ago... Maybe (definitely) I'm just neurotic

How long after you were verified did it take you to get the secondary? I still haven't gotten it and I was verified 2 weeks ago... Maybe (definitely) I'm just neurotic

I've been verified since July 7th and have yet to receive secondaries. They pre-screen pretty heavily, so if you get a secondary there is a good chance you will be offered an II.

I was verified 5/25 and received secondary 7/18. they might still be processing some earlier batches, don't worry too much!

I was verified 5/25 and received secondary 7/18. they might still be processing some earlier batches, don't worry too much!

They seem to be pre-screening pretty heavily this year don't you think? Compared to all my other schools, CUSOM is taking its sweet time

They seem to be pre-screening pretty heavily this year don't you think? Compared to all my other schools, CUSOM is taking its sweet time

I agree! I was surprised by how late their secondaries came, aside from notoriously slow schools like PCOM and Kansas City.

my friend who interviewed here last year said they were pretty heavy on mission medicine, so not sure if they intensified the screen this year to further fit that mission.

I agree! I was surprised by how late their secondaries came, aside from notoriously slow schools like PCOM and Kansas City.

my friend who interviewed here last year said they were pretty heavy on mission medicine, so not sure if they intensified the screen this year to further fit that mission.

Can someone explain to me what mission medicine is before I make an ass of myself on my secondaries? Is it like RAM clinics, or do they expect us to be joining doctors without borders or what? No one ever gives me a clear answer lol

Can someone explain to me what mission medicine is before I make an ass of myself on my secondaries? Is it like RAM clinics, or do they expect us to be joining doctors without borders or what? No one ever gives me a clear answer lol

I don't know what the formal definition is, but I took it to mean that they focus on providing aid to underserved, rural, usually poverty-stricken areas. I think there's also an undertone of religion since it's a "mission" and it's campbell, but I didn't address that in my secondary personally.

Members don't see this ad :)

Go to their website and look up their mission, there is a whole page on it I think

I don't know what the formal definition is, but I took it to mean that they focus on providing aid to underserved, rural, usually poverty-stricken areas. I think there's also an undertone of religion since it's a "mission" and it's campbell, but I didn't address that in my secondary personally.

If that is what they are looking for, then at least in that aspect I fit the bill

Oh no :( any idea why? Don't let it discourgae you, there are tons of other schools out there!!

They specifically told me it was my science GPA. I've got a 3.2c / 3.1s / 511. Significant upward trend and 21 credits of informal post-bacc science classes/ pre-req retakes with a 3.9. My retakes didn't meet the requirements for grade replacement through AACOMAS though. :( I guess they are sticklers on that 3.2 cutoff!

Oh well, it's still early in the cycle, and I've got 20 other schools I haven't heard from yet.

Best of luck y'all!

Reactions: 2 users
They specifically told me it was my science GPA. I've got a 3.2c / 3.1s / 511. Significant upward trend and 21 credits of informal post-bacc science classes/ pre-req retakes with a 3.9. My retakes didn't meet the requirements for grade replacement through AACOMAS though. :( I guess they are sticklers on that 3.2 cutoff!

Oh well, it's still early in the cycle, and I've got 20 other schools I haven't heard from yet.

Best of luck y'all!
I see :/ Yes, it seems as of they're stricter with the cutoffs. At least they saved you the time and money for the secondaries. I wish you good luck!!

II! Got the call today at 3 pm.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! They called you? So i'm guessing they don't email?

They called and offered two recent interview dates: August 15th and August 16th. After that, they emailed me the confirmation. Very friendly!

Reactions: 1 users
They called and offered two recent interview dates: August 15th and August 16th. After that, they emailed me the confirmation. Very friendly!
Congrats! Did you receive a complete email after getting a secondary and fee received email?

Congrats! Did you receive a complete email after getting a secondary and fee received email?

Yeah, my DO and committee uploaded their letters on AACOMAS on July 19th. I emailed CUSOM that same day saying the letters were uploaded. I was marked complete on July 20th.

"Dear Rishikish:

We would like to inform you that your file is now complete and ready for final review with the Admissions Committee. After the committee has reviewed your secondary application and supplemental materials, we will follow up with you regarding your new status. Please allow us up to 3 weeks to make a decision on your next status.

If I can be of assistance to you in the interim, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at[email protected].

Sincerely,

Stephanie Goral
Assistant Director of Admissions
Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine"

Last edited:
Yeah, my DO and committee uploaded their letters on AACOMAS on July 19th. I emailed CUSOM that same day saying the letters were uploaded. I was marked complete on July 20th.

"Dear rkumar3:

We would like to inform you that your file is now complete and ready for final review with the Admissions Committee. After the committee has reviewed your secondary application and supplemental materials, we will follow up with you regarding your new status. Please allow us up to 3 weeks to make a decision on your next status.

If I can be of assistance to you in the interim, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at[email protected].

Sincerely,

Stephanie Goral
Assistant Director of Admissions
Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine"

I am completed on July 25th. I guess I will hear something soon this or next week

Yeah still waiting on a complete email so hopefully soon!

II! Completed on July 25th, invited today around 3pm! First one, excited!
STATS: OOS, MCAT 496 (recent), 24 (old score), cGPA 3.86, sGPA3.65, GradGPA 4.0

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Email or phone call?

Phone call 1st to schedule (aug 15th!), then f/u email with info for the interview! (hotel, itinerary, etc.) Thought it was a long shot because I'm a Florida resident but whooo!

II via phone call! first date available was Aug. 15th, see you guys there ;)
OOS: 501 MCAT ~3.6 GPA
complete 7/19

Reactions: 4 users
congratulations to everyone who received IIs!

Damn I was complete on 7/14 and nothing

Med school admissions are a crap shoot sometimes.

I may interview early, but I could always get waitlisted or rejected.

You may interview later, and get accepted right out of the gate.

I believe patience is important in the admissions game.

II! Got the call last Thursday (7/28), secondary completed and received on 7/25. Scheduled interview for 8/15

II! Got the email today! Not sure why I didn't receive a call like some of you guys though...

II via email. OOS, LM = 63-64

Havent received a secondary or any communication since the "Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review" email.....am i SOL?

II! if you have any tips on how to get to buis creek let me know!! I was thinking of flying to raleigh and then taking a bus, if they even have one, anyways, tips are appreciated!!

II! if you have any tips on how to get to buis creek let me know!! I was thinking of flying to raleigh and then taking a bus, if they even have one, anyways, tips are appreciated!!

Congrats. I'm still waiting

Havent received a secondary or any communication since the "Pre-Screen Committee for an in depth review" email.....am i SOL?

I emailed admissions and they are doing their next committee pre screen Friday and Monday, so we should all hear something then