Campbell or UNC Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got an interview for friday!! how last min is that?
Mickey, Ms. Goldston called me to invite me to one of the 12:00 interview sessions in February at 3:45pm on the day BEFORE: less than 24 hours notice, haha. It wasn't a big deal since I was only an hour or so away at Campbell and had a classmate to carpool with. I really agree with cds1786- it's very laid back; you won't have any issues with your seemingly imminent interview..

Members don't see this ad.

Mickey, Ms. Goldston called me to invite me to one of the 12:00 interview sessions in February at 3:45pm on the day BEFORE: less than 24 hours notice, haha. It wasn't a big deal since I was only an hour or so away at Campbell and had a classmate to carpool with. I really agree with cds1786- it's very laid back; you won't have any issues with your seemingly imminent interview..

haha that's too funny... yeah i mean i've done a few interviews already so i can't imagine it'll be that different! still nervous though!

Members don't see this ad :)
As for you two, congrats! Looks like Chapel Hill might end up converting us into Tar Heel fans by the end of next year.. :laugh:
Buckeyes/Gators to Tar Heels isn't so bad.

However, if you were going to go from Ohio State to Michigan to Florida to Georgia...that might be a different story:laugh::laugh:

However, if you were going to go from Ohio State to Michigan to Florida to Georgia...that might be a different story:laugh::laugh:

haha exactly! can't wait to start wearing carolina blue! (with a scarlet and grey tshirt underneath of course)

Got my acceptance e-mail today as well, but there's no way they are going to convert me from rocking my Wolfpack red.

haha exactly! can't wait to start wearing carolina blue! (with a scarlet and grey tshirt underneath of course)

Yea, i've always liked the Carolina blue...I'll still sport the Gator clothes most of the time though...If UF played Carolina in a major sport, I'd be Orange and Blue all the way...

Hmm, it seems like I didn't get in or hopefully I've at least been wait-listed. Had my interview back in January. I just wish I knew so I could stop thinking about it.

Hmm, it seems like I didn't get in or hopefully I've at least been wait-listed. Had my interview back in January. I just wish I knew so I could stop thinking about it.

Yea I wouldn't worry about it...at least don't beat yourself up. They seemed to say that not getting a letter right away wasn't a sure sign of a "no" and they said everyone in the waitlist got in last year. They interview 250 for 155 spots, and they waitlist about 70. Good luck!

And still weird, no contact from VCU...not sure how I get into the #2 school (UNC), and both schools that are tied at #7 (UF and Maryland), but not even a contact for an interview from #21 VCU? Weird....

Yea I wouldn't worry about it...at least don't beat yourself up. They seemed to say that not getting a letter right away wasn't a sure sign of a "no" and they said everyone in the waitlist got in last year. They interview 250 for 155 spots, and they waitlist about 70. Good luck!

And still weird, no contact from VCU...not sure how I get into the #2 school (UNC), and both schools that are tied at #7 (UF and Maryland), but not even a contact for an interview from #21 VCU? Weird....

Yeah that is pretty weird. I was considering VCU when I first heard of it like a year ago, but I only ended up applying to UNC. I really don't want to go anywhere else.

Hi,

I just got an invite today from UNC. My interview is tomorrow. Pam said that tomorrow is the last round of interviews for 2010-2011 cycle. I have no time to prepare. Wish me luck. How long do you think I'll have to wait before I find out? I don't know why others haven't heard yet. I'm very nervous, but have already been accpeted to Campbell.

Hi,

I just got an invite today from UNC. My interview is tomorrow. Pam said that tomorrow is the last round of interviews for 2010-2011 cycle. I have no time to prepare. Wish me luck. How long do you think I'll have to wait before I find out? I don't know why others haven't heard yet. I'm very nervous, but have already been accpeted to Campbell.
That's a solid situation for you then. Having interviews and acceptances on the backburner provides a lot of confidence and experience moving forward into future interviews. Campbell is a great school as is. As I said earlier, I was invited last minute to Chapel Hill and it wasn't an issue. If it worked out for me, then you'll be fine. :laugh: Anyway best of luck to you!
Oh and the magic number you are looking for is two weeks from your interview. Don't flip out if you haven't heard by then, as many others hear later in the semester (even as last as orientation)!

Members don't see this ad :)
UNC, please hurry up with your decision or I'll have to loose $2000 deposit for my seat!

I just interviewed yesterday at Campbell and thought I totally bombed my interview. Just received a call today and am accepted!! I'm sooooooo happy and excited!!

I just interviewed yesterday at Campbell and thought I totally bombed my interview. Just received a call today and am accepted!! I'm sooooooo happy and excited!!

Congrats dreamer57!!!

UNC had me waiting for a while but finally heard!

UNC -- Accepted and Attending!!!
Ohio State -- Accepted
Purdue -- Accepted
VCU -- Accepted
Maryland -- interviewed 1/29

UNC had me waiting for a while but finally heard!

UNC -- Accepted and Attending!!!
Ohio State -- Accepted
Purdue -- Accepted
VCU -- Accepted
Maryland -- interviewed 1/29

When did you hear back from UNC?

Does anyone know the final date when we will hear back from UNC (when they send out ALL decisions- acceptances/wait lists/denials)?

I tried to read last year's thread to find out but they were on a different time line than us (they started interviews in november)

Does anyone know the final date when we will hear back from UNC (when they send out ALL decisions- acceptances/wait lists/denials)?

I tried to read last year's thread to find out but they were on a different time line than us (they started interviews in november)

I'd like to know this as well. I've been waiting since January :(

@hokiepharm - Thanks for the info. I thought they had sent them out yesterday as well. Congrats on getting in!

From what they've said, it should be April 2nd (Good Friday)...so hopefully April 1st or the 5th.

I just talked to Pam Goldston. She said that they are in the process of making deciding on applicants and hopefully final decisions would be made by the end of this week.

possible acceptance letters today? It seems they typically have been coming on thursdays i though haha

possible acceptance letters today? It seems they typically have been coming on thursdays i though haha
Yeah, that's definitely a possibility sometime this afternoon (mine came around 1:30P last month). I think the only reason they waited longer on the last group was that delay from Spring Break..

Can anyone recommend a good apartment community?
I'm looking for a nice one bedroom apartment walking distance, next to a bus stop on campus...been doing a lot of research but there are just so many options.
Is sunstone apartments a good community?

Can anyone recommend a good apartment community?
I'm looking for a nice one bedroom apartment walking distance, next to a bus stop on campus...been doing a lot of research but there are just so many options.
Is sunstone apartments a good community?

How far do you want to live from campus? Will you have a car?

I will have a car, but would prefer to walk/ride the bus to campus. hopefully the bus ride would be under 10 minutes
I'm in the same situation and I want to start looking into places for the fall. I'm talking to a few friends who are currently PY1's to get their input so I'll let you know what they say- but uncbiograd if you have any suggestions that would be amazing.

I'm in the same situation and I want to start looking into places for the fall. I'm talking to a few friends who are currently PY1's to get their input so I'll let you know what they say- but uncbiograd if you have any suggestions that would be amazing.

that would be great! message me, I would really appreciate any suggestions

I thought this link would help y'all. There's a link for off-campus housing as well (to the left). I noticed on the class of 2014 facebook page that several pharm students were looking for roommates, so that may help some as well. Good luck!

http://housing.unc.edu/

Has anyone heard anything as of yesterday? Anyone contacted the office? I'm dying to know what's going on there!

I interviewed on March 19th and was told to expect 2 weeks on a decision. I came home Friday afternoon to an acceptance email. It was posted earlier that final decisions were likely to be made by the end of this past week. So I guess they were right. Anyone else get accepted Friday???

I interviewed on March 19th and was told to expect 2 weeks on a decision. I came home Friday afternoon to an acceptance email. It was posted earlier that final decisions were likely to be made by the end of this past week. So I guess they were right. Anyone else get accepted Friday???

This Friday? No and I'm starting to get anxious/pissed off a little too.

yeah I was surprised to hear back so soon. From everything I've heard, though, all decisions should be made by the end of next week. When did you interview?

yeah I was surprised to hear back so soon. From everything I've heard, though, all decisions should be made by the end of next week. When did you interview?

January, so you can see why I would be anxious.

I interviewed on March 19th as well, but have not received an email. Guess one more week of waiting.

Well, I interviewed at Campbell in January and I'm still waiting to hear from them. Never thought I'd hear from UNC before Campbell.

Well congrats on UNC, at least you know where you're going!!! I spoke with a few people on the 19th and they had yet to hear from Campbell...(including myself)...seems like UNC has moved slightly faster.

It sounds like you should hear something this week. I hope you get good news - I know the waiting sucks. I got accepted to one of my backup schools back in November and heard absolutely nothing else until Friday. It was worth the wait, though. :D

Thanks! I went to undergrad at UNC (I'm guessing you did as well w/ the UNC user name)...so it would be very nice to be back home!!

I was accepted to unc on february 25th. I sent in my enrollment deposit in early march a week before the deadline. I have yet to receive a confirmation that they have received my enrollment deposit. I called them last week and ms. goldston said that they probably haven't opened the letter yet because the office has been so busy these past few weeks making final decisions to fill the class. I emailed andrew clapper on monday and still haven't heard back. I was just wondering if anyone else is in this situation. Has anyone who was accepted in february received confirmation that their deposit was received and that their spot in the fall is saved. I'm getting a little annoyed. :confused:

I was accepted to unc on february 25th. I sent in my enrollment deposit in early march a week before the deadline. I have yet to receive a confirmation that they have received my enrollment deposit. I called them last week and ms. goldston said that they probably haven't opened the letter yet because the office has been so busy these past few weeks making final decisions to fill the class. I emailed andrew clapper on monday and still haven't heard back. I was just wondering if anyone else is in this situation. Has anyone who was accepted in february received confirmation that their deposit was received and that their spot in the fall is saved. I'm getting a little annoyed. :confused:
I was accepted at the same time and I sent in my deposit mid-week after Spring Break (3/11). I received a confirmation email stating that they had received my enrollment deposit and deposit card on that following Tuesday (3/16). So as of right now I am waiting on them to process my information and update me with an email address and PID. I hope that this helps though.
I would be a little worried too if I hadn't received this deposit confirmation email. If they didn't get the chance to open your letter yet, they will probably do it soon enough to see if you were declining or not so they know how many more acceptances to offer out there. Hope you hear back soon! :)

I was accepted in January and I had the same concerns, although I did receive a confirmation email. Andrew stated that they are switching over to a new system so the deposits are going to take a bit more time to process. I sent mine in on the 22nd of Feb. Hang tight!

I guess tomorrow is the last day. I'm gonna assume that I atleast got waitlisted if I don't hear anything back from them tomorrow. This waiting is stupid.