Campbell or UNC Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agreed. I'd say odds are on Monday, since tomorrow is a University holiday. I'm just wondering if that would include acceptances/waitlist/rejections all in one day.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking maybe they send them out tonight and leave right after, so they don't have to deal with people complaining until Monday. Either way, I just want to know, like last week.

So will anyone who received an interview or an admissions offer please post their stats as well as any extracurriculars as well. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
hoping for some good news today...im going to be really disappointed if i busted my ass off to get a 92% composite on the pcat all for nothin.

One of my friends only found out in May that he'd been placed on a waitlist. It's a loooong time from now. But he eventually got in : )

Anyone else having problems getting in contact with admissions? I've sent several emails to Andrew Clapper and Pam Goldston, but have not heard anything back. I also tried calling but couldn't talk to anything but machines.

I just sent an email, so I'll let you know if I hear anything. I'm beginning to think that UNC has sent out its letters of acceptance and the rest of us will be placed on the waitlist or sent letters of rejection. Don't mean to sound negative, but I know they mentioned two weeks ago that final decisions would be made. Thoughts?

its possible, but no one has confirmed that they received an "end of march" acceptance letter i don't think? The last wave of letters were st patties day. which i guess could be considered end of March :(

I tried to call Pam Goldston but I got an automated message saying to press 1 for admissions. I did and got another automated message saying if I had specific questions to leave a voicemail and to give them 48 hours to reply. SO you can't even talk to her in person.

its possible, but no one has confirmed that they received an "end of march" acceptance letter i don't think? The last wave of letters were st patties day. which i guess could be considered end of March :(

There was a candidate on our forum who received an acceptance notification on March 26th, after interviewing on March 19th...just a little worried...and don't mean to be a downer. Hopefully the end of this week we'll have answers!

aww... :(
I keep obsessively checking this forum bc I'm still anxious for you guys even though I already got in. maybe on Thursday, they'll send letters, since they seem to like that day.

I'm crossing my fingers for you guys!! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
aww... :(
I keep obsessively checking this forum bc I'm still anxious for you guys even though I already got in. maybe on Thursday, they'll send letters, since they seem to like that day.

I'm crossing my fingers for you guys!! ;)

Thank you!!!

I tried to call Pam Goldston but I got an automated message saying to press 1 for admissions. I did and got another automated message saying if I had specific questions to leave a voicemail and to give them 48 hours to reply. SO you can't even talk to her in person.

Ms. Goldston is very difficult to get a hold of around this time (as well as anyone else in Student Services including Mr. Clapper, Mrs. Keck, and Dr. Cox). UNC ESOP is very busy during this time with registration, White Coat Day, Family Day, Commencement Preparation, and Clerkship Day.

You should be successful if you call Ms. Goldston using this number: 919-966-9429 or Mr. Clapper with 919-966-2001.

So-o-o, I got my acceptance packet from Campbell today and the deposit is due very soon. I have not heard from UNC yet- like a lot of you. UNC is my first choice and I don't want to commit to Campbell. I don't think I want to go there at all, to be honest with you guys, so I think I'm just going to give up my spot and wait for response from UNC. But if the worst case scenario takes place and I don't get into Chapel Hill, will I still be able to apply to Campbell next cycle around? Will they say, "Aaah she applied last year and we accepted her, she declined, and now she's applying again"- and reject me automatically? I'm so torn, it must be the time of most difficult decisions in my life.

i don't think they'd reject you. when is the deposit due? I had actually said the same thing when I got accepted to campbell though, i just dont think i could be there for 4 years and not go insane from being isolated from society.

i don't think they'd reject you. when is the deposit due? I had actually said the same thing when I got accepted to campbell though, i just dont think i could be there for 4 years and not go insane from being isolated from society.
You know, that's what's eating me up aside from price tag. I really like the program and the joint degree option, the staff, the students, the facilities. I just absolutely despise the location. I'm from a big city, I feel like I'd perish if I move to a 10,000- people city. I also beat myself down because of such thing getting on the way of my career, but I won't reach my full potential if I'm unhappy. Deposit is due this Friday and I just got the packet last night. It's only $1000 instead of $2000 but if I'm not planning to attend this year, why send it?

Just a thought (and if your heart really isn't in it, I wouldn't waste the money), but several of my friends who've graduated from Campbell commuted into Buies Creek..for instance Raleigh is only 45 min. From what they've said there are several students in the Raleigh vicinity so you may even be able to carpool. Ultimately, you've got to do whats best for you. Hopefully we'll all hear from UNC soon!!!

Best of luck!

You know, that's what's eating me up aside from price tag. I really like the program and the joint degree option, the staff, the students, the facilities. I just absolutely despise the location. I'm from a big city, I feel like I'd perish if I move to a 10,000- people city. I also beat myself down because of such thing getting on the way of my career, but I won't reach my full potential if I'm unhappy. Deposit is due this Friday and I just got the packet last night. It's only $1000 instead of $2000 but if I'm not planning to attend this year, why send it?

Pretty much how I felt. You can't do well if you are really unhappy. Luckily for me though I have a decent second choice school (musc). But I won't be fully happy unless I get into unc. I just wish this waiting wasn't so painful

Last edited:
Pretty much how I felt. You can't do well I'd you are really unhappy. Luckily for me though I have a decent second choice school (musc). But I won't be fully happy unless I get into unc. I just wish this waiting wasn't so painful

I was offered admission to Elizabeth city today or the chance to be placed on chapel hill's waitlist.

Just a thought (and if your heart really isn't in it, I wouldn't waste the money), but several of my friends who've graduated from Campbell commuted into Buies Creek..for instance Raleigh is only 45 min. From what they've said there are several students in the Raleigh vicinity so you may even be able to carpool. Ultimately, you've got to do whats best for you. Hopefully we'll all hear from UNC soon!!!

Best of luck!
I'd suggest going for Campbell. I can make it to Fuquay in 20 minutes from campus, Raleigh in 45, and it's not that bad being in Buies Creek. It's actually pretty nice to have less distraction than more! It's definitely not a big college city, but there is definitely enough around to prevent you from getting cabin fever. :laugh: That's a hard decision if you're really not into Campbell's program, but if it's just the environment, then I can speak on that it really grows on you even after being here for even a semester (I've been here for 3 years now). Good luck deciding!

Phonecall

I just recieved the phone call about 11 and was given choice of Elizabeth City or Waitlist. I chose acceptance to EC since I am getting married and need to know ASAP so she could find a job where I was accepted.

I was offered admission to Elizabeth city today or the chance to be placed on chapel hill's waitlist.

congrats on your acceptance! i dont know what you decided to do but i know they mentioned that everyone who got put on the waitlist last year ended up getting in eventually!

as for getting a hold of ms. goldston & andrew clapper, forget it! if you leave a voicemail with a legitimate question for ms. goldston she will get back to you, but email takes forever for a response! i've finally gotten everything straightened out after a month of not knowing whats going on! i thought waiting for my acceptance was stressful, but its just as stressful making sure everything is in order afterwards!!!!! :bang:

good luck everyone! :luck:

Congrats to you both! Thanks for keeping the rest of us updated.

congrats on your acceptance! i dont know what you decided to do but i know they mentioned that everyone who got put on the waitlist last year ended up getting in eventually!

as for getting a hold of ms. goldston & andrew clapper, forget it! if you leave a voicemail with a legitimate question for ms. goldston she will get back to you, but email takes forever for a response! i've finally gotten everything straightened out after a month of not knowing whats going on! i thought waiting for my acceptance was stressful, but its just as stressful making sure everything is in order afterwards!!!!! :bang:

good luck everyone! :luck:

When I was accepted to UNC, I went to the office like almost every few weeks because I was paranoid about paperwork missing, etc. that I just handed everything to Ms. Goldston in person. By the time Orientation came around, everyone in Student Services already knew me by name, lol.

I got the same phonecall today. Going to EC would be about 2.5-3 hrs further from home for me so I'm torn. I don't want to turn down the opportunity to attend UNC but going to Chapel Hill would work much better with my current living situation. I keep hearing that everyone got in off the waitlist last year. Is it foolish to not accept the EC invite and instead lay it all out on the hope that everyone is accepted off the waitlist again? They obviously wouldn't tell me where I place on the waitlist. I also have no intention of being a rural pharmacist which seems to be the point of the EC program. This is stressful!

I know of 3 people who waitlisted last year and got in. One girl called to tell them she wanted to waitlist and they offered her main campus admission then. One of the people even interviewed here in Elizabeth City and still got in to the main campus after waitlisting so it's definitely possible to get in after waitlisting. Elizabeth City is 3 hours further for me too, but the Elizabeth City campus overall isn't that bad. Also, no one in my class wants to stay anywhere near here when they graduate (even some of the people that are from here) so you don't have to want to work in a rural area to come here. Congratulations and good luck making a decision!

I had my interview on March 19th, ans was told by Mrs. Goldston that decisions would be made this week. We should hear something either way. I just want to know now. I don't want to go there, but want bragging rights. lol I've been accepted to campbell and its the best of the best.

I had my interview on March 19th, ans was told by Mrs. Goldston that decisions would be made this week. We should hear something either way. I just want to know now. I don't want to go there, but want bragging rights. lol I've been accepted to campbell and its the best of the best.
well if you get accepted, make sure to decline asap to open up a spot for me :D

got an email for campbell for an interview on the 15th, am going to decline it though

I'm declining my admission to Campbell as well.

I will gladly give you my spot. Campbell here I come! GO FIGHTING CAMELS! I can't help it, I'm a Campbell alumnus.

If you get offered admission to the EC campus, you'll most likely get a phone call.

right here with ya
+pissed+
I am about to implode from the anticipation:boom::boom::boom:
Mostly because I thought they made decisions already and that we should have had them by now (from what Pam Goldston told me over the phone)
I know it's probably not good news at this point but I still want to know

I am about to implode from the anticipation:boom::boom::boom:
Mostly because I thought they made decisions already and that we should have had them by now (from what Pam Goldston told me over the phone)
I know it's probably not good news at this point but I still want to know
That's not true, waitlist is good news! That's what I'm hoping for. I think they are waiting for the class configuration dynamics to calm down and see how many people declined, how many accepted, how many haven't replied. That way they can proceed with acceptances and waitlists. Not sure about rejections. I'd like to know, too, if those are by regular mail. I emailed Andrew Clapper twice with one month between the emails, and both times he said that they are hoping to fill up the class and inform everyone of the decision by the end of next week, lol. I don't think that will happen for another month or so, to be honest with you.. : (

Oh, and about the waitlist they notify via paper letters.

I know andrew clapper sent out an email explaining that they don't know when our enrollment deposits are going to be cashed but i was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had their deposit cashed yet. i sent it in almost two months ago and it still hasn't been cashed. im getting really frustrated!

also, has anyone heard anything about financial aid?! i still haven't been notified if/how much i am receiving for next year. im trying to sign a lease for an apartment and probably can't afford it without financial aid so im getting anxious and want to know about my student loans!

My name is Ashley, I am a current PY1 and I'm on the ECSU campus. If anyone gets accepted to the ECSU campus and needs housing let me know. My housemates and I are looking for one roommate and I have a classmate who has 3 or 4 open rooms between 2 different townhouses. You can either email me at [email protected] or message me if you are interested or just have any questions.

I know andrew clapper sent out an email explaining that they don't know when our enrollment deposits are going to be cashed but i was just wondering if anyone on this forum has had their deposit cashed yet. i sent it in almost two months ago and it still hasn't been cashed. im getting really frustrated!

also, has anyone heard anything about financial aid?! i still haven't been notified if/how much i am receiving for next year. im trying to sign a lease for an apartment and probably can't afford it without financial aid so im getting anxious and want to know about my student loans!
I got an email from Andrew saying that he received my deposit and cashed it, but he emphasized that they were a little behind and there would also be delays for PID's due to a change in the system or something like that.
Also, I think you should be able to get buku's of bucks via loans (maybe 30k-40k a year) to pay for tuition and living expenses. :thumbup:

Just talked to andrew clapper in person today.

said they're trying to get decisions made within 3-4 business days i.e. wednesday.

not like we havent heard this before:(

So he did confirm that not all acceptances have been sent? Oh....here's hoping!!