Campbell or UNC Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's good news. That'll fuel us with hope for the next 3 weeks of waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

On another note, Campbell held another round of interviews today. I don't know how many were interviewed, I just know that a few of my classmates had interviews today. Guess this might have been their last round?

Last edited:
On another note, Campbell held another round of interviews today. I don't know how many were interviewed, I just know that a few of my classmates had interviews today. Guess this might have been their last round?
Too many people decline admission probably so they had to pick up a few more?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted into UNC COP :love::love:...I sent in my deposit approx. two weeks ago, and they have not cashed my check as of yet...is this normal, because I'm worrying my check may have been lost in the mail!

how soon after accepting admission to the ecsu campus should we recieve the packet from UNC? and along with the FAFSA what other paperwork should be done for financial aid? Just the PLUS loans if we wish to do that or is there other forms for the regular stafford loans?

I was accepted into UNC COP :love::love:...I sent in my deposit approx. two weeks ago, and they have not cashed my check as of yet...is this normal, because I'm worrying my check may have been lost in the mail!

Don't worry, I was accepted back in february, sent my deposit in early march and it still hasn't been cashed! A week ago I did get a confirmation email that they had received it and we're going to cash it soon. So just be patient, UNC has been a little slow getting the ball rolling this year! I think they are getting used to a new system or something. congrats on your acceptance!

For anyone that has sent off their deposit to enroll in UNC for next fall: how long did it take to receive you enrollment packet in the mail? I sent mine in at the end of March, got the e-mail saying it was received and that things will be due to the university in May, but to wait on the packet for info. I'd rather not be in a crunch at the end of the month. Hope it comes soon.

For anyone that has sent off their deposit to enroll in UNC for next fall: how long did it take to receive you enrollment packet in the mail? I sent mine in at the end of March, got the e-mail saying it was received and that things will be due to the university in May, but to wait on the packet for info. I'd rather not be in a crunch at the end of the month. Hope it comes soon.
They probably won't be sending them out until all the waitlist has gone through. End of August, maybe?
Just kidding, relax, you'll be getting your packet soon enough. Imagine you had to wait on a decision on day-to-day basis like some of us...:oops:

I am out-of-state waitlisted.... I guess this means I only have a chance of getting in if out-of-state people decline acceptance? :confused:

I just got unc's paper letter in the mailbox today. It said it was really competitive this year and asked if I'd like to be waitlisted, and if so I'll have to send it back in the mail. I thought I'd let everyone know. I wish all of you best of luck. I dont' know if they'll send out anymore acceptances right now or not. If you find anything out, keep us all posted.

I'm sorry :(
Hopefully I'll hear something soon...even if I'm rejected I want to know. I've been waiting since December and it sucks
I know hoe you feel. I haven't gotten anything today either : (

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wish they were a little more clear and said something like, "This is how our process works: this is the period when we make decisions, this is when we send our acceptances, this is when we send our rejections and this is when we send our waitlists. This is what happens when the class fills up.'' Or we just sit in the dark and bite our elbows for months...

I got the waitlist letter today as well. I just have to send in the confirmation now.

It sucks for the people who still haven't gotten anything! I really hope that you guys hear something soon as well.

good luck to everyone still waiting!

and waitlisters- just remember that everyone who was waitlisted last year eventually got in!!! good luck!! :xf: :xf:

good luck to everyone still waiting!

and waitlisters- just remember that everyone who was waitlisted last year eventually got in!!! good luck!! :xf: :xf:
You are such a nice person, I would love to be your classmate! : )

I am out-of-state waitlisted.... I guess this means I only have a chance of getting in if out-of-state people decline acceptance? :confused:
I am out-of-state waitlisted too:( At least it wasn't a rejection.

But yeah, we can only get in if out-of-staters decline acceptance. I would think that some out-of-staters will decline because they got into their own state's schools.

PharmOl, have you heard anything yet?

I am out-of-state waitlisted too:( At least it wasn't a rejection.

But yeah, we can only get in if out-of-staters decline acceptance. I would think that some out-of-staters will decline because they got into their own state's schools.

PharmOl, have you heard anything yet?
Yes, got an email from Mrs. Goldston with request to call her. Got a choice of E-City campus or be put on waitlist option. Need to decide by Friday. Thank goodness the dead silence is over!!! But now it's another dilemma.
By the way, you still have a VERY good chance. Many many students decline oos admissions.

Yes, got an email from Mrs. Goldston with request to call her. Got a choice of E-City campus or be put on waitlist option. Need to decide by Friday. Thank goodness the dead silence is over!!! But now it's another dilemma.
By the way, you still have a VERY good chance. Many many students decline oos admissions.
Congrats on the E-city acceptance!!!

What are you going to decide? That has got to be a hard decision

Got an email from Pam Goldston, saying to call her. After 57 tries, still no answer. This waiting never ends!

congrats on ecsu! :thumbup:
good luck figuring out what you're going to do! I didn't even list ecsu as a choice for me because I am awful at decision making and wouldn't know what to do if I was in your shoes!

congrats on ecsu! :thumbup:
good luck figuring out what you're going to do! I didn't even list ecsu as a choice for me because I am awful at decision making and wouldn't know what to do if I was in your shoes!
Very wise! I should have gone that route but I didn't look that far ahead.

desmoulins45179,
I'm rather strongly inclined to be put back on waitlist. I think I shall take my chances. I really will be keeping you in my thoughts. Hopefully, we'll see each other in the fall.

Sweatingadmiss,
When I talked to Mrs. Goldston, she sounded very tired, maybe she stepped out for a cup of coffee. I'm sure you will reach her soon enough.

Very wise! I should have gone that route but I didn't look that far ahead.

desmoulins45179,
I'm rather strongly inclined to be put back on waitlist. I think I shall take my chances. I really will be keeping you in my thoughts. Hopefully, we'll see each other in the fall.
I actually don't remember what I put on my supplemental application. It was such a long time ago:laugh:
I would probably go the same route you are - I am not so great with distance learning. That has to be really hard to give up the acceptance though. I hope it works out for you.

Does anyone know if the wait list is ranked?

I actually don't remember what I put on my supplemental application. It was such a long time ago:laugh:
I would probably go the same route you are - I am not so great with distance learning. That has to be really hard to give up the acceptance though. I hope it works out for you.

Does anyone know if the wait list is ranked?

It is ranked but they won't tell you what # you are.

I think they used to in the past. I would like to know what rank I am, but I'm happy to just be waitlisted
Nah, Mrs. Goldston said it is ranked but internally, so we won't know what number we are. I wonder if 100% getting in from a waitlist is a year-to-year trend or no?

I got the waitlist letter today as well. I just have to send in the confirmation now.

It sucks for the people who still haven't gotten anything! I really hope that you guys hear something soon as well.
By the way, did you indicate that you only wish to be considered for main campus on your supplemental?

Congrats to all of you on your waitlist spots / acceptances to E. City, that's awesome!! Glad to see no one got flat out rejected. :thumbup:

i guess all us waitlisters are playing the waiting game again. fml :(

I thought Hep B was required for everyone. I got them when I was 11. I was surprised that UNC was stressing that so much because I thought everyone automatically gets them.

I thought Hep B was required for everyone. I got them when I was 11. I was surprised that UNC was stressing that so much because I thought everyone automatically gets them.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, too. I guess it's for the international students, but they sure do stress it.

Well, the vaccine wasn't approved until early 80's, after that it was an option for everyone but infants. Suppose UNC gears those noticed toward foreigners and people born in/before 1970 or so. I know some universities offer a waiver if you don't want the vaccine.

Does anyone know how much financial aid we will receive as stafford loans from UNC based on an EFC? Mine is 04917. I am trying to determine how much my fiance and I may afford on an apartment and was looking for a ballpark figure. If anyone has a clue, let me know. Thanks!

Are living expenses factored in? And approx how much and put aside for living expenses after tuition, books, etc

Does anyone know how much financial aid we will receive as stafford loans from UNC based on an EFC? Mine is 04917. I am trying to determine how much my fiance and I may afford on an apartment and was looking for a ballpark figure. If anyone has a clue, let me know. Thanks!

Are living expenses factored in? And approx how much and put aside for living expenses after tuition, books, etc
What's EFC?

Expected Family Contribution, it is a number given on your FAFSA after it has been processed
Oh, I have a zero on there, I'm good. As soon as I get my aid in, I'll subtract your number and let you know ;)

Hey,

I was accepted into campbell for class of 2014 by phone call on 4/15/2010.. How long did it take for the acceptance letter/or packet to come in the mail for anyone that got in? It has been over a week now..

-Dustin

Hey,

I was accepted into campbell for class of 2014 by phone call on 4/15/2010.. How long did it take for the acceptance letter/or packet to come in the mail for anyone that got in? It has been over a week now..

-Dustin
I got mine about three weeks later actually. So do not worry.

Is anybody who accepted admission to ECSU looking for a roommate? Or does anyone have any info about housing down there?

Is anybody who accepted admission to ECSU looking for a roommate? Or does anyone have any info about housing down there?

I accepted admission to ECSU but I will be married and I don't think the ol lady would like another person there haha. But I did go down there looking at houses/apts last weekend. It is slim pickins compared to Raleigh when I went to State

I noticed on the facebook page UNC pharmacy class of 2014 that there were a few people looking for roommates in EC, as well as Chapel Hill. So you may want to check that site out.
Congrats on the acceptance!

On another note, does any recall how many people were waitlisted last year? Here's hoping we'll all eventually be accepted!!

Does anyone know the Cost of Attendance per year for UNC SOP? This would include the living expenses etc. not just tuition and fees

Does anyone know the Cost of Attendance per year for UNC SOP? This would include the living expenses etc. not just tuition and fees
We all don't have the same expenses. The only number that we'll be paying that's the same for everyone is the tuition. I'd say, excluding the apartment rent of about $700 with everything included, you'll be fine with about $800-$1000 a month. Depends on your other expenses, i.e. car loans, gas, cell phone bill, other monthly payments you make.

SweatingAdmiss,
My name is Ashley and I am a PY1. If you are looking for housing at ECSU, I know of a few people looking for housemates. My housemates and I are looking for someone to take a room in our house, I have a classmate looking for a person for her townhouse, and there is a current PY2 looking for a housemate. If you need any contacts for these, let me know. My e-mail is [email protected] or you can message me. Congrats on getting in!