California Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakers23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. I was wondering if anyone has heard back from schools in California mainly so cal. It seems in this forum, mainly the people who have heard things are from the east coast schools.

Thanks.

Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad.

im waiting also.. i haven't heard from any although azusa pacific never contacted me about receiving my application which I'm not too mad about since they're starting this month and I still have one more class to finish. So now i'm waiting on Chapman, Mount Saint Mary's, USC, CSULB, Western, and CSUN. I heard USC and MSMC have started accepting/rejecting applications already.. now it just the waiting period... :( where did you apply to? Are you from SoCal also?

Yeah I applied to all the same schools as you, along with Loma Linda University. I wanted to put my app out there to a lot of schools especially since the pool is probably larger this year with PTCAS. Yeah I'm from so cal, so I wanted to stay local. Yeah the waiting game is so much fun, j/k sometimes I wish they just told you up front.

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to CSULB (I'm an undergrad student) and I know that CSULB won't send out their notices until I think March or April.

I applied to CSU Sacramento and when i called on Tuesday they said that they would start contacting people next week because they were almost finished reviewing applications.

The application deadline for CSU Sacramento was on Jan 15 so im not sure where along the process the So Cal schools are at.

I just got an email from Chapman stating that they were currently reviewing applications. Priority applicant decisions have already been mailed and they're now going over the regular applicants. Decisions should be mailed out at the end of the month into March.

I am from So Cal as well and applied to all the schools you mentioned including Nor Cal schools. I already had interviews at Western, Samuel Merritt, University of the Pacific, and UCSF. I heard that Chapman doesn't do interviews. Anyone else had their interviews yet?

I heard that Loma Linda and Mt. St. Marys are doing interviews right now. I have not heard back from all the CSUs, USC, Chapman, etc... I did get a reject from APU stating that they didn't have my GREs, etc.. but I sent all that stuff there. Doesn't really matter though, because that was not one my main schools I wanted to attend.

didn't realize that western and msmc were already interviewing. somehow my application was processed late for both of those schools. I don't know why, but I hope that won't count against me. i'm hoping to hear from someone soon!

Yeah I'm in the same boat UCLA. I think PTCAS has backed up a lot of applications so it might take longer to find out any info, interviews, acceptions, etc. Hope to hear something soon.

Yeah, both schools are interviewing. I was actually in the very first group for Western. We were told we went first and have priority because we applied early, like back in October. I also just received a phone call yesterday to set up an interview for MSMC. Wish me luck :D

Last edited:
I applied pretty early on and have already recieved final decisions from a couple of CA schools...Azusa, Mount Saint Marys, USC, and UCSF.

I have yet to hear from Chapman and CSU Northridge, which were the other two schools I applied to

Good luck to everyone!

Just curious if anyone has decided to attend USC?? If so, how are you going to pay for it?:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply to the san diego campus of university of st. Augustine??..i had an interview on the 13th..but have not heard word back they said it would be less than 2 weeks i think im just very impatient..just curious if anyone else had an interview around that time this month and has heard??:confused:
thanks

i have an interview at Western next week. :) i was wondering if anyone can share some insights on how it went- what it was like, how was the vibe of the school/ program, general impressions, etc. or have any tips to share. i've only had one on one interviews so far, so i was wondering if anyone had any insights on Western's interview panel. i'd greatly appreciate it! good luck everyone. :xf:

my gpa is around 3.3, gre is 1320 combined, 5.5 writing

the wait is dreadful! i have yet to hear from anyone. Im praying that i'm going to hear from some one soon.

I applied pretty early on and have already recieved final decisions from a couple of CA schools...Azusa, Mount Saint Marys, USC, and UCSF.

I have yet to hear from Chapman and CSU Northridge, which were the other two schools I applied to

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats on getting into UCSF/SFSU :thumbup: I just read your post on the acceptance thread.

As for me, I just finished the interview for Mt. St. Marys this week and I have just been invited to another interview at CSU Sacramento on March 14th. So far to date, I have had interviews at six schools and only heard back from two. I don't think Chapman and CSULB/CSUN do interviews. Can anyone confirm this?

hey th0mast33 how was the interview at UCSF/SFSU and did you go to uc davis (just curious) ?

That's correct pttrac. All three of those schools do not do interviews.

The interview at ucsf was ok. It was about 40 minutes long, and I was interviewed by 2 faculty members. There were a lot of situational questions like "Tell me a time where you did this...solved a problem, made a promise you cant keep, worked with a large amount of date, etc.."

Yea, I went to UCD

Thanks for the reply th0mast33. Are there any tips you can give which you felt that helped you get in ?

The thing that I did which I felt helped me the most was prepping for my interview. Try to think of a lot of examples of different situations which you can apply to a broad range of situational questions, because you will get a lot of them.

if you don't mind can please provide a example?

Just received an email from Chapman with my acceptance. Even though I wont be going there I thought I would let you guys know that those are going around now....

Thanks for the heads up. Is there any particular reason why you decided not to attend the program at Chapman? Where have you decided to go?

Thanks for the heads up. Is there any particular reason why you decided not to attend the program at Chapman? Where have you decided to go?

I already decided on going to PITT. I applied to Chapman as my west coast option.

Thanks. I was just wondering if there was something you did not like about Chapman. It is one of the schools I have to consider. I have only till the end of March to make my final decision and send my deposit.

Hey pttrac did you get an e-mail from Chapman yet? Just curious if they all went out on one day or throughtout the month

Hey pttrac did you get an e-mail from Chapman yet? Just curious if they all went out on one day or throughtout the month

just got an email from chapman this afternoon. got on the waitlist.. not great news, but not necessary bad news either :)

Didn't get anything from Chapman yet :( . I did receive acceptances from Mt. St. Marys and UOP. Still waiting on all the CSUs and some others.

Hey pttrac
Are you going to MSMC??? Or UOP??
How do you decide which school you will go?

Didn't get anything from Chapman yet :( . I did receive acceptances from Mt. St. Marys and UOP. Still waiting on all the CSUs and some others.

congrats pttrac. how was the interview for mt. st. marys and what did you think of their campus/program?

The interview for MSMC was over the phone. I was there for an orientation last year so I am familiar with the program. They have two campuses and the DPT program will be primarily taught on the second campus right across the street from USC called the Doheny campus. During the first year some classes will be on their Brentwood campus which is the undergrad campus located in the mountains somewhere. As for the curriculum it seems pretty solid, but the only thing I didn't like was their anatomy lab, which was a little small and I don't believe you do any dissections because of their religious affiliation. Other than that, the professors seem knowledgeable and helpful.

I have not made any decisions yet as I am still waiting for several other schools. I applied to 12 schools because I didn't want to chance it and I really don't want to apply again next year, so this is it for me. Hopefully I will get some more info before the end of March to make a final decision. Many factors will weigh in on my choice for schools, i.e. tuition, clinical experience, location, length of program, etc...

The interview for MSMC was over the phone. I was there for an orientation last year so I am familiar with the program. They have two campuses and the DPT program will be primarily taught on the second campus right across the street from USC called the Doheny campus. During the first year some classes will be on their Brentwood campus which is the undergrad campus located in the mountains somewhere. As for the curriculum it seems pretty solid, but the only thing I didn't like was their anatomy lab, which was a little small and I don't believe you do any dissections because of their religious affiliation. Other than that, the professors seem knowledgeable and helpful.

I have not made any decisions yet as I am still waiting for several other schools. I applied to 12 schools because I didn't want to chance it and I really don't want to apply again next year, so this is it for me. Hopefully I will get some more info before the end of March to make a final decision. Many factors will weigh in on my choice for schools, i.e. tuition, clinical experience, location, length of program, etc...

thanks alot for the info. their undergrad campus is actually located across from UCLA and the Getty Museum. Where have you heard from btw if you don't mind me asking. Were you accepted to their program last year or did you just know the about the anatomy lab from the orientation. Haven't heard from MSMC yet, but hoping to hear something from then soon. What schools are you waiting on?

I have only heard back from APU, UCSF, UOP, MSMC, SMU. I got rejected from APU. I got waitlisted for SMU and UCSF. I was accepted to MSMC and UOP. I interviewed at UOP, SMU, CsuSac, Western, MSMC, and UCSF.

This is my first year applying to PT schools. I attended a lot of info sessions for various schools last year and I remember their anatomy lab being really small. They use cadavers that are injected with some sort of synthetic fluids. I was looking forward to dissecting cadavers so that might play into my final choice.

I am still waiting on Chapman, CSULB, CSUN, CSUSac (interview on 3/14), USC, Western, and Loma Linda. Like I said, I applied everywhere and didn't want to take any chances. My gpa is not that good, but I had decent GREs, good LORs, and lots of experience. Hope this info helps.

Where did you apply to and what are you stats btw?

I have only heard back from APU, UCSF, UOP, MSMC, SMU. I got rejected from APU. I got waitlisted for SMU and UCSF. I was accepted to MSMC and UOP. I interviewed at UOP, SMU, CsuSac, Western, MSMC, and UCSF.

This is my first year applying to PT schools. I attended a lot of info sessions for various schools last year and I remember their anatomy lab being really small. They use cadavers that are injected with some sort of synthetic fluids. I was looking forward to dissecting cadavers so that might play into my final choice.

I am still waiting on Chapman, CSULB, CSUN, CSUSac (interview on 3/14), USC, Western, and Loma Linda. Like I said, I applied everywhere and didn't want to take any chances. My gpa is not that good, but I had decent GREs, good LORs, and lots of experience. Hope this info helps.

Where did you apply to and what are you stats btw?

I sent you a pm

Just replied...

Got a letter from Loma Linda today.......waitlisted

i was invited for 3 interviews: UOP, Sac State and Western U. Got into UOP and waiting on the rest.. but yeah it seems like the schools in the eastcoast are replying back faster.. or maybe they just have earlier application deadlines.

I was just wondering how those of you who got waitlisted for chapman knew for sure you were waitlisted. I got an e-mail from them a couple of weeks ago saying that they had sent out acceptances for their priority applicants and we're going to continue to send out acceptances throughout Feb and March. They didn't state outright that I was waitlisted so i'm not quite sure if i am or not. I haven't heard anything else from them so far.

I was just wondering how those of you who got waitlisted for chapman knew for sure you were waitlisted. I got an e-mail from them a couple of weeks ago saying that they had sent out acceptances for their priority applicants and we're going to continue to send out acceptances throughout Feb and March. They didn't state outright that I was waitlisted so i'm not quite sure if i am or not. I haven't heard anything else from them so far.

Recieved the e-mail stating that they had sent out acceptances for priority applicants about mid-February, and the e-mail regarding being on the waitlist, about 2 weeks ago.

You can add my name to the waitlist for Chapman University as well.

I haven't received anything from Chapman. I hope this doesn't mean I got rejected :(

Got my first acceptance to MSMC today! :D They had their last set of interviews this week, so people should be hearing back from them by Friday

Congrats! Maybe I will see you there if I don't get into the other schools I am waiting on.

Just wondering.. did any of you who applied to USC recieve an email for your acceptance or a letter by mail?

I am wondering the same thing. For such an expensive school with a $1000 deposit, I would hope they send you a letter. :laugh: