California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am on their "High Waitlist" and have not heard anything since my interview. Anyone got accepted off the waitlist this or last year? If yes, when were you accepted? I don't know if I should contact Gail for an update or not.

Anyone on the same boat???

I'm high wait list as well. I was interviewed in January. This is torture! lol :laugh:

gamkaung said:
when was your interview? I interviewed on Oct, got put on high WL, got accepted in Jan.
u will have a chance to get accepted if you are on their HWL
good luck

Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm high wait list as well. I was interviewed in January. This is torture! lol :laugh:

Congrats!

hey how do you know if your on high wait list or not? gail told me that no one would be about to know if they are high wait list or not??? thank youu

the last correspondence i received from the school was jan. 6 "receipt of your supplemental' that was it...

Members don't see this ad :)
when was your interview? I interviewed on Oct, got put on high WL, got accepted in Jan.
u will have a chance to get accepted if you are on their HWL
good luck

i also interviewed in october and then placed on HWL.
Does anyone know how many people get offered admission from their HWL?

hey how do you know if your on high wait list or not? gail told me that no one would be about to know if they are high wait list or not??? thank youu

Really? When did you interview? I got an email a few weeks after my interview letting me know that I was on the high wait list along w/some paperwork.

I completed my application on mid Dec. And I have not heard anything from the school yet? Does that mean I have been already rejected?:(

the last correspondence i received from the school was jan. 6 "receipt of your supplemental' that was it...

Well their next interview session will be in March so who knows you might be hearing from them soon :D

:thumbup:

I was always told schools, in general, like re-applicants because it shows dedication and commitment. They even like it better if they can see growth and improvement in the file. So I am sure it's a good thing! :xf:

Checkerbeary, did u receive the invitation by mail or phone call? I am so nervous haven't heard anything yet. Im hoping to get an interview in March
I received an e-mail on Monday, 2/22. When did you submit your supplemental application?

Really? When did you interview? I got an email a few weeks after my interview letting me know that I was on the high wait list along w/some paperwork.

oh, so i found out there is a high wait list and a wait list, do you anyone who was just on the regular wait list that got accepted or only high wait list?

oh, so i found out there is a high wait list and a wait list, do you anyone who was just on the regular wait list that got accepted or only high wait list?

No I don't know, I honestly don't know many applicants though, just the ones on this forum :) And so far I've just read that gamkaung got in from the high wait list.

I don't have impressive stats, lol. Primarily, I want to go to a public school (and it happens that UCSF is #1!), but I did also applied to other California schools. In fact, my supplemental PS was about California! (I just haven't heard back from the other schools so I guess it is rejection at its finest). I heard UCSD is pre-selective. As for UCSF, GPA is not the only thing they look at--which is an advantage for me. As for their supplemental application, there were many opportunities to express myself, which I liked. Some applicants dread it but I got the feeling that this school really wanted to know the individual and not just put a GPA to a name on the application.

Accepted:thumbup:
@Muangz. Any good news from other schools? especially UCSF?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received email today about the good news, got accepted. Interviewed on 2/19/2010

did u interview on 2/19? how did u know u hav been accepted?

OMG im nervous nowwww......

Yes, interview on 2/19. They do respond pretty quick, it's been a week and acceptance letter are out. It's not 4-8 weeks like they said in the paper which is good.

hey, when did u get ur acceptance? I was interview in Feb 19th too, but haven't heard anything from them yet, does that mean I got rejected or on the wait list?

hey, when did u get ur acceptance? I was interview in Feb 19th too, but haven't heard anything from them yet, does that mean I got rejected or on the wait list?

I received the email earlier today. Check your spam folder, I have read in earlier posts that some letters have ended up there.

YAY! I got my acceptance email today! Interviewed 2/19. :laugh:

Hey, did you get accepted? Congrats!!! how did you prepare for the interview?

Definitely check out the interview feedback section. All the questions were very general and the hardest part about that is that you might want to say everything (100 reasons why you wanna go to CNCP and why you wanna do pharmacy, etc), but you won't have time for that. My advice is to focus and narrow down on what you feel is genuine in your perspective to broad questions when you are preparing for the interview.

They are mainly looking at your communication skills. I was able to write a 4 paragraph essay and communicated my point. Verbal communication is a must. I'm not too shy with public speaking but if you are and if you haven't taken a speech class, I'd recommend you record yourself or at least practice out loud. Everyone is unique and we all have flaws, find out what yours is and work on it before the big day (e.g. saying "um" "like" or any other word repeatedly, nervous sniffs, clearing throat, etc). Mine is pauses inbetween words but the more I speak, the less I pause (just don't go too fast, lol).

Accepted:thumbup:
@Muangz. Any good news from other schools? especially UCSF?

I won't know about UCSF until end of March. CNCP was a very good experience though. For the dean to fly overnight just to welcome us that day at the interview, it was pretty unforgettable. Definitely shows heart and dedication from him and all of the faculty too.

Definitely check out the interview feedback section. All the questions were very general and the hardest part about that is that you might want to say everything (100 reasons why you wanna go to CNCP and why you wanna do pharmacy, etc), but you won't have time for that. My advice is to focus and narrow down on what you feel is genuine in your perspective to broad questions when you are preparing for the interview.

They are mainly looking at your communication skills. I was able to write a 4 paragraph essay and communicated my point. Verbal communication is a must. I'm not too shy with public speaking but if you are and if you haven't taken a speech class, I'd recommend you record yourself or at least practice out loud. Everyone is unique and we all have flaws, find out what yours is and work on it before the big day (e.g. saying "um" "like" or any other word repeatedly, nervous sniffs, clearing throat, etc). Mine is pauses inbetween words but the more I speak, the less I pause (just don't go too fast, lol).
Thank you so much for your advice...

I received an email on January 27th stating that my secondary application was received. It has been a month since I have not heard anything else. Is that normal? How many weeks after they receive your supplemental application, will you hear from them for an interview invitation?

I just received an interview invitation by email today. The interview is gonna be on Friday, March 26.

I just received an interview invitation by email today. The interview is gonna be on Friday, March 26.

Congrats Katpharmily, are you planning to attend the interview? I received the invitation as well :)

Hello katpharmily and cqt

Would you guys mind sharing your stats? I am also waiting for an interview but I have not received an email invitation yet.

I received an email on January 27th stating that my secondary application was received. It has been a month since I have not heard anything else. Is that normal? How many weeks after they receive your supplemental application, will you hear from them for an interview invitation?
I submitted my supplemental some time during the second week of January and received my interview invite on 2/22. So I guess it took them a little over a month to make a decision. Hopefully you will hear good news from them soon...:luck:

congrats!! I am going to the interview on March 26. Did they tell you what time is your interview going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmylady
hi,

Did anyone hear anything from them? i havnt.

Nope, not yet.

Me, neither, my interview was on Feb 19th, and haven't heard anything from them, I guess my file is still previewing by the Committee. What group was you during the interview?

I submitted my supplemental app in mid Dec and got invitation email today for March 26 interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmylady
hi,

Did anyone hear anything from them? i havnt.

Nope, not yet.

Me, neither, my interview was on Feb 19th, and haven't heard anything from them, I guess my file is still previewing by the Committee. What group was you during the interview?

I interviewed on Feb 19th as well. I was the second group to interview with them and I got a response back in a week. So maybe the ad coms review the applicants in same order as the interview day? Just a guess, lol. I hope you hear back from them this coming Friday or sometime next week?

So the next interview date for CNCP is the end of March, how many weeks prior do you get an invitation for an interview? I am wondering if you have enough time to prepare yourself for the interview?

Also does anybody know the average GPA for CNCP? On PharmCas it is a 3.2, is that the GPA for students that are accepted or is that the GPA range for students that apply there ? Does anybody know?

So the next interview date for CNCP is the end of March, how many weeks prior do you get an invitation for an interview? I am wondering if you have enough time to prepare yourself for the interview?

I received an invite for the October interview a week before the interview date. But I couldn't make it (personal reasons) and they scheduled me for January instead. So yea, they can contact you up to a week before the interview date.

You shouldn't wait until you get an invite to prepare yourself, start now!

:luck:

I received an invite for the October interview a week before the interview date. But I couldn't make it (personal reasons) and they scheduled me for January instead. So yea, they can contact you up to a week before the interview date.

You shouldn't wait until you get an invite to prepare yourself, start now!

:luck:

Thank you for answering my question. I will take your advise and prepare a head of time.

Hello katpharmily and cqt

Would you guys mind sharing your stats? I am also waiting for an interview but I have not received an email invitation yet.

Hi sweetymalek, my stats is ok with PharmCas GPA around 3.5. When did you submit your supplemental? I've decided to not attend the interview so hopefully that'll open up a spot. Hang in there and good luck!

Hi sweetymalek, my stats is ok with PharmCas GPA around 3.5. When did you submit your supplemental? I've decided to not attend the interview so hopefully that'll open up a spot. Hang in there and good luck!

Hi,

My overall GPA is a 3.2.I am not sure if that is competitive for CNCP,you have a way better GPA than me. I don't know if I should be worried since I have not heard anything from them (it has been a month since they have received my secondary application).

I interviewed on Feb 19th as well. I was the second group to interview with them and I got a response back in a week. So maybe the ad coms review the applicants in same order as the interview day? Just a guess, lol. I hope you hear back from them this coming Friday or sometime next week?

i just got my acceptance letterrrrrrrrrrrr:thumbup:

I received my acceptance email from Gail an hour ago too :)
:thumbup:

congratulations to those who are accepted.
If you need help getting your own room for $300, let me know. I used to live in Sacramento and know some really cheap places on Stockton blvd 5-10 minutes from UCD medical center. That is about 25 minutes away from CNCP.

I have an interview here on March 26. Hopefully I will like the faculty presentation. I already like the campus after hand submitting my application and I am from So. Ca but have lived up north and loved it and hope I will eventually be admitted to CNCP.

The Dean and Gail often visits our school and their voices are so pleasant like really nice people.

Congrats you guys! :thumbup: Hope to see you in the Fall.

Anybody get a call off of the waitlist yet :confused:

I read this on their site and even though it has last years date I'm sure the process is similar...
Beginning in late June, applicants placed on the wait list will be called off the wait list and offered seats. This process will continue until the first day of orientation, August 27, 2009.

But I know someone was already taken off of the high waitlist in January so just wanted to hear from fellow waitlisters :xf: