California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey has anyone heard from CNCP?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey has anyone heard from cncp??!! The acpe board met last week and made a decision whether cncp will advance from or remain as, pre-candidate statusss!??!!

I've been waiting for the results too but haven't heard anything yet. There's nothing in the interim section of the status page in the acpe website so I think nothing has been made public yet from the meeting.

My friend goes to CNCP and told me today that they got candidate status :thumbup:. Website still shows pre-candidate though.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend goes to CNCP and told me today that they got candidate status :thumbup:. Website still shows pre-candidate though.

YEs YEs YeS....The long awaited decision has arrived...California Northstate College of Pharmacy has been granted Candidate Status. P2 student...

Congratulations

Last edited:
YEs YEs YeS....The long awaited decision has arrived...California Northstate College of Pharmacy has been granted Candidate Status. P2 student...

You have been misinformed. CNCP has failed to achieve Candidate status. The board has continued their Pre-Candidate status for the year and they are currently undergoing Interim Review for 2009-2010 by the State Board.

Source: http://www.acpe-accredit.org/shared_info/accredHistory.asp?degreeid=35&entity=460

They SHOULD HAVE advanced to candidate status long ago like other schools that have started the same year they did; but they have failed. As you can see in the link above, their Comprehensive Review for Advancement to Candidate status was NOT granted, but only continuation of Pre-candidacy was given. I hope many of you take this into consideration when applying to this school. Things just don't seem right.

Last edited:
You have been misinformed. CNCP has failed to achieve Candidate status. They are currently undergoing Interim Review for 2009-2010 by the State Board.

Source: http://www.acpe-accredit.org/shared_info/accredHistory.asp?degreeid=35&entity=460

They SHOULD HAVE advanced to candidate status long ago like other schools that have started the same year they did; but they have failed. I hope many of you take this into consideration when applying to this school. Things just don't seem right.

sigh.... dc5, I think you're the one that's misinformed! The interim meeting occur between jan. 20 and 24, which was last week. If the dean announced they've received candidate status on monday than that means they've actually achieved Candidate status at the meeting. The acpe accreditation website have not been updated yet. You need to quit trolling my friend.

It's old info. I think most of know that they failed to reach candidate status 2008. But they just had a review last week or this week from the ACPE to see if they can get candidate status. So apparently, they got the candidate status

sigh.... dc5, I think you're the one that's misinformed! The interim meeting occur between jan. 20 and 24, which was last week. If the dean announced they've received candidate status on monday than that means they've actually achieved Candidate status at the meeting. The acpe accreditation website have not been updated yet. You need to quit trolling my friend.

Yea mbkidd is right

I am currently a P1 student at CNCP and we did get candidate status. :)

You have been misinformed. CNCP has failed to achieve Candidate status. The board has continued their Pre-Candidate status for the year and they are currently undergoing Interim Review for 2009-2010 by the State Board.

They SHOULD HAVE advanced to candidate status long ago like other schools that have started the same year they did; but they have failed. As you can see in the link above, their Comprehensive Review for Advancement to Candidate status was NOT granted, but only continuation of Pre-candidacy was given. I hope many of you take this into consideration when applying to this school. Things just don't seem right.

LOL...you're such a funny character. Sorry for the language, but I don't know where you got your information from. How are you going to say that CNCP did not get candidate status when ACPE called our Dean this morning granting us Candidate status. The reason why the report failed to say that we've received candidate status long time ago with all the others school who had started the same time as us was because we did not get it on the first try. This is our second time trying to advance to the next step and it was successful. It is not an uncommon thing for a colleges of pharmacy to keep trying to advance to candidate status. If you take a look at history, UCSD school of pharmacy took about three trys to advance from pre-candidate to candidate status. It was unfortunate for us not to obtained the candidate status on the first try, but nonetheless, we are now eligible to sit for the board exams!!! Next time, if you're gonna come on and post information to the public, those who care to apply to the school and want to attend CNCP, PLEASE do us a favor and check your damn sources....And by the way, once ACPE told the school about the good news, ACPE usually takes at least a month for them to make a public matter. So YOU'LL see it for yourself towards then end of FEB., son!!! Gnite....and don't hate....and don't try to frighten people either...itwon't do you any good...

Yes we are candidate status at CNCP now.
SO Congratulations for those who accepted their admission for 2014 class. We are waiting for you and you all will have amazing learning experience here at CNCP.
:love::luck::xf::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean that students will be eligible for federal loans?:confused:

The short answer is not yet as we still haven't receive WASC accreditation. ACPE and WASC accreditation are two different things and both require the school to be at least 4 years old. ACPE candidate status allows students from a new school to take the board exam after they've graduated whereas WASC accreditation is achieved only after the first class has graduated.

Congrats Northstate! My guess is that ACPE takes awhile to update their web site, which is why it's not on there yet.

hello to those who got accepted and have sent their enrollement confirmation form,
how do you create the school email account? I don't get any instructions on creating a school email account after they sent me an email that they have received my confirmation. thx

Hi everybody :) I've been lurking the Pre-Pharmacy forums for quite some time, but I just wanted to post that I am extremely happy to read that Northstate has reached Candidate status. Of course I will be anxiously waiting to see it on the Northstate and ACPE website for verification.

I was hesitant to apply to Northstate and didn't submit my application until the last minute (the deadline they gave me). I decided to make it my "back up" school, a school to go to if I didn't get accepted anywhere else. But I wasn't even sure if it would be worth it. I didn't think I would like it up there (I'm in LA) but when I got invited for the interview I went.

I was interviewed on the 22nd and even though I was very skeptical at first, I ended up really enjoying the faculty, students and the location. I liked how they gave us an assignment and how they had us participate in their Group Based Learning to get a sense of how classes are held over there. We were put in teams (our team was AWESOME) and I met a great group of other Northstate hopefuls and got to know them a bit in the process.

It just made me think, if I can get to know these people in one day like this, imagine the connections you can make throughout pharmacy school, getting to know and working with your fellow students like this. I truly believe that Northstate is onto something with this Group Based Learning and that they could become one of the best pharmacy schools in California.

Needless to say, I left Northern California a very happy person. I'm glad I went and at the same time I was rooting for Northstate to reach Candidate status. (If they stay pre-candidate, I wouldn't go there if they accepted me).

But now I'm here and reading that they have reached Candidate status and I am excited for them! AND now I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that they will accept me.

If you have any questions about the interview feel free to ask. Best of luck to everyone! :luck:

after i received receipt email for supplemental application, how long do i have to wait for interview invitaton or rejection? tks a lot.

Chao Tieu ngao,

It should be around 1 month . If you submitted earlier when the pool of application wasnt huge ,it might be shorter.

Chuc may man

Good luck

Chao Tieu ngao,

It should be around 1 month . If you submitted earlier when the pool of application wasnt huge ,it might be shorter.

Chuc may man

Good luck

Chuc May Man to you both! :luck:

Have you guys heard of any1 who applied for private student loans to attend Cncp and got denied?

Anyone know when the admissions committee is going to meet for the Jan 22 interviews? I m so nervous!

"Chuc May Man" What is that ? Nvm it's vietnamese.

To JT0914, they will meet one week after the interview then they should let you know 3-5 weeks. I found out my result about 3 weeks

Anyone know when the admissions committee is going to meet for the Jan 22 interviews? I m so nervous!

I took my friend to the 1/22 interview, she received her unofficial acceptance letter yesterday via email.

Congratulations to CNCP on achieving the candidate status. The program looks promising with a bright future ahead.

I believe I shook the Dean's hand (Dr. Hawkins). He shook my hand even though I am not the interviewee- very friendly and nice gentlemen. He looks very serious about establishing this program in the long term. He has the looks for it :)

Don't give up for those whose are still waiting. Best of luck to all.

Have you guys heard of any1 who applied for private student loans to attend Cncp and got denied?

Anything is possible just think it that way. Of course!!!
You won't get a loan if you had a bad credit history. Better have some alternative back up plan. Get a Co-signer.

I took my friend to the 1/22 interview, she received her unofficial acceptance letter yesterday via email.

Congrats to your friend!

But now I'm freaking out :scared: I was fine with waiting about a month but now that I know the e-mails could be coming at anytime... Yikes!

I'm going to be constantly checking my email and junk email folder now :laugh:

Ok...I have two question that really concern me. First, what is number of remaining interview dates for CNCP?

Second, I recently DECLINE the Jan 22 interview because of CNCP pre-accreditation. Now, I really want to have that interview. Do you guys think they will still give me a chance?? :(

I am so scared now because so far, the school that I applied to is not responding at all. What should I do?

Ok...I have two question that really concern me. First, what is number of remaining interview dates for CNCP?

Second, I recently DECLINE the Jan 22 interview because of CNCP pre-accreditation. Now, I really want to have that interview. Do you guys think they will still give me a chance?? :(

I am so scared now because so far, the school that I applied to is not responding at all. What should I do?

wow bad choice. i wouldve just secured my interview.
if you're worried about the candidate status at least wait til you get accepted to decided to attend or not.

i don't know how many more interviews bc i submitted supplemental documents after the deadline and got receipt email on Jan 20. Hopefully they will invite me on the last interview.
Once u turned down the interiew offer, it is hard for them to rereview your files. that's what i guess.

Sorry John, I think once you turn down the interview offer they won't review your file anymore

it doesn't hurt to ask Gail directly.

I guess I have to just wait for the other school. I also think CNCP won't rereview my application...just kinda mad at myself for turning down a school that is now accredited.

Did anyone else get in or hear from the school about the Jan 22 interview? I'm so nervous!!

I wonder if they're going through the applicants in the order of teams. My guess is they're going to contact people weekly.. towards the end of each week :eek: lol

I guess I have to just wait for the other school. I also think CNCP won't rereview my application...just kinda mad at myself for turning down a school that is now accredited.

rejection letter today :mad:

Hello all! I'm new to SDN and this thread and am wondering if anyone who has interviewed would be willing to share their impressions of the interview day? What was the format? What questions were asked? Aside from knowing the school inside-and-out, would you offer any advice to someone looking forward to their interview? I go February 19!

Good luck to all who are waiting!

I'm sorry :(, do you mind sharing your stats? What other schools did you applied? Good luck

no, not at all
gpa 3.75 BS Biology major this June
1 year retail pharmacy experience
pcat: 67

I have applied to all california schools, some got interviews, two waitlists :(.
thanks tho

Hello all! I'm new to SDN and this thread and am wondering if anyone who has interviewed would be willing to share their impressions of the interview day? What was the format? What questions were asked? Aside from knowing the school inside-and-out, would you offer any advice to someone looking forward to their interview? I go February 19!

Good luck to all who are waiting!

Congrats on the invite! The staff and students there are really cool. Best advice I can give you is relax and be yourself. Check out the interview section on this site (I would link to it but I'm on my cell at the moment). There were really no out of the ordinary questions for me, why pharmacy, opinions on team based learning, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

When you get there you get put into teams. Then there's the intro, they talk about the program, then the first half of all the teams go for the interview while the rest gets a Q&A Session with current students and a tour. Then both groups switch.

Then all group meet again and all teams do the team based learning assignments, it was fun :) After that you work on a case study with your team and then finally do your writing portion and then you are done!

no, not at all

I have applied to all california schools, some got interviews, two waitlists :(.
thanks tho

You have really impressive GPA, I don't really get why they reject you :( Their loss

no, not at all

thanks tho

luxubu, cheer up, your stats indicate you're good enough for the school but you may not be right for it that's why the admission committee didn't select you, chuc may man on the rest of the schools you applied to!:thumbup:

I got my emails this morning. High wait list.

:(

no, not at all

thanks tho

geez those are some impressive stats; how intimidating; now im worried sick :scared:

For those who got the acceptance email, were there info sheets for the smart option loan and immunization sheet attached to your email? Mine said it was attached to the email, but I don't see it.

For those who got the acceptance email, were there info sheets for the smart option loan and immunization sheet attached to your email? Mine said it was attached to the email, but I don't see it.
You should've gotten 2 emails. I got the first one with the news and a 2nd one with those files attached.

You should've gotten 2 emails. I got the first one with the news and a 2nd one with those files attached.

I got two emails as well, but I did not see anything about immunizations and smart option loans in either emails.