California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone have idea about what kind of topic they gives you for writing section.

It's your opinion about the TBL assignment. What do you like about it or dislike? They'll plainly tell you what the writing will be so there's no secret.

Members don't see this ad.

Empty in here since you all are at the interview! :) Hope you are all doing well! Let us know how it went, I'm sure many of you will get in!

Hi, newly registered because I wanted to try to reach out to people. Was in the second group starting at 10:30 today and in the yellow sub-group. TBL was pretty cool, interview was decent but could've done considerably better. I was asked questions that were not that similar to what's posted on the SDN surveys, although there wasn't anything too wild. I'll try to fill out a survey later on.

Met someone who's also from Morgan Hill, but we didn't get to talk much. PM me please?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to hear back from the school after the interview?

anyone been called off waitlist yet??? this is torture :(

I wonder why noone posted anything about acceptances after the March 26th interview? I know they have already notified some people of acceptance.

I wonder why noone posted anything about acceptances after the March 26th interview? I know they have already notified some people of acceptance.

Wow, the school is fast. Havent heard anything :( How do you know that they already gave out acceptances? btw, do they notify ppl by emails?

I'm still on the waitlist, I'm guessing they might start pulling people off after reviewing all of the March interviewees.. we'll see.

And I THINK they review applicants by those TBL groups... so some will hear from them very soon, especially the ones who got accepted! Good luck good luck good luck!

I am declining CNCP. This should bump the waitlist for my spot. Good luck everyone waiting.

I am declining CNCP. This should bump the waitlist for my spot. Good luck everyone waiting.

Thank you Muangz! And CONGRATS with UCSF that's awesome :) Best of luck to you in your Pharmacy career.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still on the waitlist, I'm guessing they might start pulling people off after reviewing all of the March interviewees.. we'll see.

And I THINK they review applicants by those TBL groups... so some will hear from them very soon, especially the ones who got accepted! Good luck good luck good luck!

How do you know they are reviewing applicants by TBL groups? I wasn't in my original TBL group when i was doing the TBL activitiy. Does it matter? I thought the TBL is not part of the evaluation process?

Ms.Kubat e-mailed me saying that the admission committee will meet on April 8th to review the feedbacks from the interviewers. My guess is some people will find out after April 8, and some will find out at the end of the month because she said the whole review process will take the entire month of April.

I am also declining my spot for CNCP. Good luck!

Thanks where did you get accepted? Good luck in pharmacy school!

checkerbeary said:
How do you know they are reviewing applicants by TBL groups? I wasn't in my original TBL group when i was doing the TBL activitiy. Does it matter? I thought the TBL is not part of the evaluation process?

Ms.Kubat e-mailed me saying that the admission committee will meet on April 8th to review the feedbacks from the interviewers. My guess is some people will find out after April 8, and some will find out at the end of the month because she said the whole review process will take the entire month of April.

Oh I didn't say I knew for sure, that's why I said it was just a guess lol. Because I was in the 2nd group and I heard from them just a little over a week after the interview. But I truly don't know! TBL groups aren't part of the evaluation process, I was just thinking that they reviewed applicants in the order that they were interviewed, and that is by groups.

Thanks where did you get accepted? Good luck in pharmacy school!

Oh I didn't say I knew for sure, that's why I said it was just a guess lol. Because I was in the 2nd group and I heard from them just a little over a week after the interview. But I truly don't know! TBL groups aren't part of the evaluation process, I was just thinking that they reviewed applicants in the order that they were interviewed, and that is by groups.

I dont think they review ppl by order of groups. I mean it's possible? But someone in my group got accepted about 2 weeks before I did. So shrugs.

Last edited:
I dont think they interview ppl by order of groups. I mean it's possible? But someone in my group got accepted about 2 weeks before I did. So shrugs.

I agree, I don't think TBL activity is a part of the evaluation. They did not tell us to put everyone name in the group answer ticket, when we turn our paper in, they did not put them into groups neither, so how would they track who is in what group. My TBL group had people from all of different colored groups.

Nevermind, you guys don't get what I'm saying lol. Reread my last sentence lol.
In my interview session, group 1 was sent in for interviews first, the other groups stayed behind. I'm simply saying that maybe the admissions committee reviews them first since they were the first students they interviewed.

I'm not saying anything about them evaluating the tbl activities so relax lol

when did she email you about that because i just got an email maybe a week ago saying its gonna be awhile to review.

I messaged a Northstate student (I'm not in.. I'm on their waitlist) because I'm considering doing the same thing and he recommended Davenport Online university. Each session is 7 weeks long, and I believe you only have to take a minimum of 2 courses a year. I've been emailing their Admissions Rep as well, seems like a solid program and they have a lot of med students in their program as well.

Sorry I know this is really late but don't you have to take the GMAT to start an MBA program?

did anyone from the inteview group on march 26th received and "a survey" email from califonia northstate college of pharmacy?
does any student have idea what is it about?

did anyone from the inteview group on march 26th received and "a survey" email from califonia northstate college of pharmacy?
does any student have idea what is it about?

I did. few days ago.
its what it is: a survey.
helps new schools improve on the way they run their administration.

i thought it was the email of my admission result at first I was scared to open it lol.

I did. few days ago.
its what it is: a survey.
helps new schools improve on the way they run their administration.

i thought it was the email of my admission result at first I was scared to open it lol.
Same here :oops:

Sorry I know this is really late but don't you have to take the GMAT to start an MBA program?

Hello! The Admissions Representative told me this in an email:

.If you do not have an PCAT, MCAT, GMAT, GRE or LSAT, you are able to take your first three classes. However, before you take your fourth class an admissions test will be required. .

I've been meaning to email to ask more specific questions about that but haven't had the chance with school and all. But I guess they accept the PCAT as well, she told me that they have many med and pharmacy students in their program.

I still haven't applied... been waiting to hear from Northstate but at the same time I think I might want to start the program even if I don't get accepted. We'll see.

[GOOD LUCK to those waiting, if they reviewed applicants on the 8th then you should be hearing from them soon!]

has anyone got a response from the last interview march 26th.

hey, i just checked my email, and I got accepted!! :D

congrat beary!
Anybody know how many people will be accepted from the march 26 interview? and how many ppl got accepted so far?
thanks

congrat beary!
Anybody know how many people will be accepted from the march 26 interview? and how many ppl got accepted so far?
thanks

Thank you. Did you also interview on 3/26? Good luck...I hope you will get in. What group were you in? I was in the light green group. I guess the adcom does review the files by color groups...maybe that's why I got the notification sooner??

Thank you. Did you also interview on 3/26? Good luck...I hope you will get in. What group were you in? I was in the light green group. I guess the adcom does review the files by color groups...maybe that's why I got the notification sooner??

yes, thank you :) I was in the dark blue group, are you Viet?

no, i am Chinese. Are you Vietnamese?
have you heard anything yet?
Yes, No:luck:
I m Vietnamese, I talked to an female Asian interviewee before the interview, and i kept thinking it was you lol

Yes, No:luck:
I m Vietnamese, I talked to an female Asian interviewee before the interview, and i kept thinking it was you lol

oh..I talked to someone before the interview too..haha...but I don't know if that was you...

I'm from So CA...I received the acceptance email around noon today. I was in the Orange group on 3/26 interview. I think I gonna decline since I got accepted to my top choice. Hope everyone will get some good news soon. GOOD LUCK!

I'm from So CA...I received the acceptance email around noon today. I was in the Orange group on 3/26 interview. I think I gonna decline since I got accepted to my top choice. Hope everyone will get some good news soon. GOOD LUCK!

congrates to those who get accepted........

did you have interview in morning? i mean around 8.30am or in afternoon.
well just wondering because i had my interview in noon starting around 11.00am.

Anyone from afternoon group have heard anything, i mean acceptance or rejection???????

Rejection letter came in the mail today. It was dated April 8, 2010.

I was in the yellow group, which was the first post-TBL group.

Good luck to the rest of you.

That bad. sorry about that.
where you from? Are you from California or what? just trying to find out if they give preference to the in-state students or not.
I am still waiting for letter from CNCP.

That bad. sorry about that.
where you from? Are you from California or what? just trying to find out if they give preference to the in-state students or not.
I am still waiting for letter from CNCP.

Hey, I hope you will hear good news from the school soon. Are you from California?

I am on the waitlist.
It doesn't say High, med or low. what does this mean?
I noticed some people already said they are on high WL but the website said that the list isn't ranked until July 1st. is it ranked earlier this year?

Did anyone else get waitlisted from the march 26 date.

I am on the waitlist.
I noticed some people already said they are on high WL but the website said that the list isn't ranked until July 1st. is it ranked earlier this year?

What group are you in?

I am sorry about that, hope you get good news from other school?

I am on the waitlist.

Havent heard anything, march 26 interview also, I was in the dark blue group which interviewed at 3.
did they contact you by email or snail mail?

Everyone should look into the spam bin of your email, I know some previous posters' acceptance email were directly sent there.

I am on the waitlist.

I'm also got the email today says i'm in wait list too. I was in the pink group.