California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AQ, did u go to UCD?

No natdn. I go to school in LA.

Did you get accepted? if so, congrats...

Members don't see this ad.

For those wondering why Northstate and ACPE hasn't updated their accreditation status on their websites, I contacted ACPE last Monday and got this response today:
We will be able to publicly disclose the final decision of the Board within 30 days after the Board meeting ends, or by February 24, 2010. This information will be posted on our website, www.acpe-accredit.org, under our “News” tab in a document that will be posted called “Current Report of the Proceedings – January 2010”. You may also contact the College in the meantime to see whether they are willing to disclose the Board’s finding prior to our public posting and formal written notification to the program.
.​
So the info will be up by the 24th! :thumbup:

whens a good time to call gail or whoever answers admission calls?
i dialed the number to northstate but i always get an answreing machine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all!:D
I signed up for a speech class at a community college because other pharmacy schools I applied to required 3 semester units, but the class I took at my undergrad was 2.67 semester units when converted from 4 quarter units. Is it ok if I dropped the class since the class I took at my undergrad fulfills CNCP's pre-reqs? Would it matter that I dropped the class I said I was going to take on pharmcas academic update?
Thanks everyone!:)

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL REGARDING MY ACCEPTANCE :D!I'M EXCITED...BUT I'M WORRIED ABOUT THE MONTHLY INTEREST PAYMENT I HAVE TO MAKE! :smuggrin:

Hey all!:D
I signed up for a speech class at a community college because other pharmacy schools I applied to required 3 semester units, but the class I took at my undergrad was 2.67 semester units when converted from 4 quarter units. Is it ok if I dropped the class since the class I took at my undergrad fulfills CNCP's pre-reqs? Would it matter that I dropped the class I said I was going to take on pharmcas academic update?
Thanks everyone!:)

Usually they round 2.67 to 3. Call and make sure.

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL REGARDING MY ACCEPTANCE :D!I'M EXCITED...BUT I'M WORRIED ABOUT THE MONTHLY INTEREST PAYMENT I HAVE TO MAKE! :smuggrin:

Well, don't worry that much. every one is in the same boat. My advice to you is make sure you enrolled in MBA program and use that money to pay your CNCP tution. that is how it is done. by the way I am P1 student and that is what most of my class friends are doing. the hardest part is getting in to pharmacy school. i congr you for getting this far. No worry, every thing will work out fine. Good luck and hope to see you next semester. Cheers! :banana:

P1 at CNCP

Well, don't worry that much. every one is in the same boat. My advice to you is make sure you enrolled in MBA program and use that money to pay your CNCP tution. that is how it is done. by the way I am P1 student and that is what most of my class friends are doing. the hardest part is getting in to pharmacy school. i congr you for getting this far. No worry, every thing will work out fine. Good luck and hope to see you next semester. Cheers! :banana:

P1 at CNCP

I'd like to know what's a MBA program? is it a dual degree- MBA/Pharm.D?

It's Master of Business Administration. I could see a few courses might help to run your own pharmacy if you decide to open your independent pharmacy.

From early posts the Dean notified the current students already, but now it's official! CNCP Candidate Status Granted as updated on the school website.

The Doctor of Pharmacy program of California Northstate College School of Pharmacy was awarded Candidate accreditation status during the January 20-24, 2010, meeting of the ACPE Board of Directors. If the program continues to develop as planned, Full accreditation of the Doctor of Pharmacy program would be considered by the Board following the graduation of students from the program.
http://www.californiacollegeofpharm...tion=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=12

From early posts the Dean notified the current students already, but now it's official! CNCP Candidate Status Granted as updated on the school website.

The Doctor of Pharmacy program of California Northstate College School of Pharmacy was awarded Candidate accreditation status during the January 20-24, 2010, meeting of the ACPE Board of Directors. If the program continues to develop as planned, Full accreditation of the Doctor of Pharmacy program would be considered by the Board following the graduation of students from the program.

Nice, it's now official!!!:thumbup:

Hi, fellow students

I just got an email from Northstate informing my interview date will be on Feb 19th. I'm really nervous about this. Could anyone who have gone through the interview process give me some pointers ? Thanks so much, and very appreciate your help.

Hi, fellow students

I just got an email from Northstate informing my interview date will be on Feb 19th. I'm really nervous about this. Could anyone who have gone through the interview process give me some pointers ? Thanks so much, and very appreciate your help.

Hi there,

I interviewed on Jan 22 and got acceptance email 6 days later. Don't be nervous. They are looking to see your verbal and communication skills. There will be a group activity, they are looking to see how well you interact with others, if you're a leader, etc. As for the interview, all the questions I was asked were general (why pharmacy, why CNCP, etc); although, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared to answer specific questions like some situational questions. Depending on your responses, you can bring up personal things that influence your decision, etc. Then they basically want to get to know you. So in short, just be yourself and be genuine.

UCSD-rejected
CNCP-accepted
UCSF-interview 2/12/10

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

I interviewed on Jan 22 and got acceptance email 6 days later. Don't be nervous. They are looking to see your verbal and communication skills. There will be a group activity, they are looking to see how well you interact with others, if you're a leader, etc. As for the interview, all the questions I was asked were general (why pharmacy, why CNCP, etc); although, it wouldn't hurt to be prepared to answer specific questions like some situational questions. Depending on your responses, you can bring up personal things that influence your decision, etc. Then they basically want to get to know you. So in short, just be yourself and be genuine.

My interviewers were playing their good/bad cop scenario (at least that's how I felt). They drilled me on a lot of the questions. Some team members were asked tough questions, but some others said their interview went fine. It probably depends on your interviewers. I would suggest mock interviews to boost your confidence and be prepared to back up your answers with examples.

As for the Team Based Learning activity, I would not stress on it too much since it is there for you to experience their teaching method and if it's right for you. It is not there to score how well each individual performs.

just be yourself and be genuine.

Well said, not just for interview but in life also.

My friend said the interviewer there were much more relaxing than other schools.

Whom are invited for interview, you are in the last phase my friend. Good luck.

@muangz- you must have impressive stats to apply to UCSD&UCSF, so why did you limited yourself not to apply more CA schools? Just being nosy.

Well said, not just for interview but in life also.

My friend said the interviewer there were much more relaxing than other schools.

Whom are invited for interview, you are in the last phase my friend. Good luck.

@muangz- you must have impressive stats to apply to UCSD&UCSF, so why did you limited yourself not to apply more CA schools? Just being nosy.

I don't have impressive stats, lol. Primarily, I want to go to a public school (and it happens that UCSF is #1!), but I did also applied to other California schools. In fact, my supplemental PS was about California! (I just haven't heard back from the other schools so I guess it is rejection at its finest). I heard UCSD is pre-selective. As for UCSF, GPA is not the only thing they look at--which is an advantage for me. As for their supplemental application, there were many opportunities to express myself, which I liked. Some applicants dread it but I got the feeling that this school really wanted to know the individual and not just put a GPA to a name on the application.

Gratz to all those starting to get accepted!

Congrats to those of you who have been accepted!! Do you guys really want to do pharmacy :)...jk jk? It is so exhausting, yet so interesting!! Get ready to eat, sleep, and think critically as a clinician....Those who got invited to the interview, see you there on the 19th....P2 student :)

I got a interview on 2/19 as well. See you guys there!

i didn't hear since they received my supplemental application :)

i didn't hear since they received my supplemental application :)

CNCP has 3 interviews so far including the upcoming 2/19. There are more coming up, cross your finger and praise Jesus and let us know the good news.

See everyone at 2/19 interview. My friend said interview was not too difficult. Relaxing. Hope it trues. Interviewers and the students were friendly and nice.

I guess the article won't be about gout or angina anymore lol.

CNCP has 3 interviews so far including the upcoming 2/19. There are more coming up, cross your finger and praise Jesus and let us know the good news.

See everyone at 2/19 interview. My friend said interview was not too difficult. Relaxing. Hope it trues. Interviewers and the students were friendly and nice.

I guess the article won't be about gout or angina anymore lol.

3 interviews so far already coutning the feb 19 interivew or is it 4.

also how many interviews are left and do you have the dates for them? seems like they have been interviewing a lot of applicants already and they don't really have that many seats being a new school and all.

for those accepted...what do you like about cncp? is this your first choice? why would you choose it over another school? i am still deciding which school is better for me. thanks.

anyone else get the article? Gout again? hahaha i hope it's not the same exercise, that would be so unfair to first time interviewers

3 interviews so far already coutning the feb 19 interivew or is it 4.

also how many interviews are left and do you have the dates for them? seems like they have been interviewing a lot of applicants already and they don't really have that many seats being a new school and all.

3 thus far counting the feb 19 interview. Their website said they are interviewing until april so I think there is probably 2 or more interviews left.
My friend interview on jan 22(second interview date), Feb 19 is the 3rd and that's about a month separation. Each interview holds about 70+ interviewees.

Keep checking your email that's how I found out about invitation. Best of luck.

haha same topic as last year's interview, if it's the same exercise I might just literally laugh out loud as i confidently say my answers i memorized from last year. I hope not, I really think everyone should have a fair chance in the team based learning

To students at Northstate, I know some people applied to MBA programs, I am interested at this option rather than getting all private loans. Which online MBA program did you apply to? How many courses do you take? Are they difficult?
Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for the help.

To students at Northstate, I know some people applied to MBA programs, I am interested at this option rather than getting all private loans. Which online MBA program did you apply to? How many courses do you take? Are they difficult?
Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for the help.

I messaged a Northstate student (I'm not in.. I'm on their waitlist) because I'm considering doing the same thing and he recommended Davenport Online university. Each session is 7 weeks long, and I believe you only have to take a minimum of 2 courses a year. I've been emailing their Admissions Rep as well, seems like a solid program and they have a lot of med students in their program as well.

Good luck to those who have an interview tomorrow :luck: Try to relax and have fun!

Anyone else go to yesterday's interview? Isn't kinda disturbing that they're gonna make a decision on this session after next interview session and that the whole process will take 8-10 weeks?

Anyone else go to yesterday's interview? Isn't kinda disturbing that they're gonna make a decision on this session after next interview session and that the whole process will take 8-10 weeks?

I don't necessarily think its disturbing but rather, I thought it was like a rolling admission process. So I figure they'll make some decisions right afterwards. I have a feeling that they are going to accept some students a few weeks after yesterday and for the rest of us, we'll hear back 8-10 weeks later. I have noticed admissions office likes to tell us a later date when we'll hear back from them so we won't have to bug/call/email them so frequently.

Does any1 know if GMAT is required for the MBA program? How hard is it to get into the program?

tnx

I messaged a Northstate student (I'm not in.. I'm on their waitlist) because I'm considering doing the same thing and he recommended Davenport Online university. Each session is 7 weeks long, and I believe you only have to take a minimum of 2 courses a year. I've been emailing their Admissions Rep as well, seems like a solid program and they have a lot of med students in their program as well.

what// the process takes up to 8 weeks??? that's really long..so they only have interview sesssions once a month?

In the folder there was a paper saying 8-10 weeks. and i asked i think it was the assistant dean and she said that they were gonna wait until the next interview and make a decision on feb and mar interviews at the same time. I sure hope it's 4 weeks, fingers crossed.

for those that interviewed already, please go to the interview feedback section of SDN and leave your feedback, it's extremely usefuly for future interviewees!!!:thumbup:

I received an interview invitation today! It's sheduled on Friday, March 26. I am so excited!! :) Can someone post the interview feedback link here and also give me some tips to prep for the interview? Thank you!!

Checkerbeary, did u receive the invitation by mail or phone call? I am so nervous haven't heard anything yet. Im hoping to get an interview in March

Checkerbeary, did u receive the invitation by mail or phone call? I am so nervous haven't heard anything yet. Im hoping to get an interview in March

My interview invitation was by email. They respond really fast. If you get accepted, it will also be by email.

I am on their "High Waitlist" and have not heard anything since my interview. Anyone got accepted off the waitlist this or last year? If yes, when were you accepted? I don't know if I should contact Gail for an update or not.

Anyone on the same boat???

I am on their "High Waitlist" and have not heard anything since my interview. Anyone got accepted off the waitlist this or last year? If yes, when were you accepted? I don't know if I should contact Gail for an update or not.

Anyone on the same boat???
when was your interview? I interviewed on Oct, got put on high WL, got accepted in Jan.
u will have a chance to get accepted if you are on their HWL
good luck

Curious, do you think that being a re applicant is a good thing? My interviewer told me he thought I had grown since last interview and that I did very good so i'm crossing fingers and hoping.

Curious, do you think that being a re applicant is a good thing? My interviewer told me he thought I had grown since last interview and that I did very good so i'm crossing fingers and hoping.

I was always told schools, in general, like re-applicants because it shows dedication and commitment. They even like it better if they can see growth and improvement in the file. So I am sure it's a good thing! :xf: