California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys! I was interviewed on 2/19 also.. and I was in group 4.. i got my acceptance a week ago.. i would love to go there.. since everyone was so nice and friendly.. haha... especially those guys who asked me about crawfish and new orleans.. ^^

I hope you all get in!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I was interviewed on 2/19 also.. and I was in group 4.. i got my acceptance a week ago.. i would love to go there.. since everyone was so nice and friendly.. haha... especially those guys who asked me about crawfish and new orleans.. ^^

I hope you all get in!!!

Congratz on your acceptance as well as the Saints' Superbowl win!!!:thumbup:

I hope you all get in!!!

LOl, New Orleans...hey I knew that it was a city...What I meant to say was where in NO..I was curious since I've visited NO a couple of times :) Congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys, please help
I know it is gonna be a 5 hour interview, but what time we actually get out of the school after the interview? can I get to Sacramento airport by 1:25pm?
thanks

what time is your interview? 8am?
Could you ask to be the first group to be interviewed due to the flight situation. Otherwise it might take the full five hours.
I started the interview at 10am, and lasted until 3ish.
Good luck:)

what time is your interview? 8am?
Could you ask to be the first group to be interviewed due to the flight situation. Otherwise it might take the full five hours.
I started the interview at 10am, and lasted until 3ish.

Same here, I started at 10am and finished at 3pm. There's gonna a TBL and writing session that you just can't skip out of; the Q&A, tour, and interview are mixed too so you gotta stay around. Some schools organize it so that after your writing and interview, you could leave, but for CNCP, you just have to stick around.

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who already interviewed or is going to be interviewed, how did you get there and where did you stay? I live in southern California and am thinking about driving there. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who already interviewed or is going to be interviewed, how did you get there and where did you stay? I live in southern California and am thinking about driving there. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I drove there and I am from SoCal. I stayed at RedRoof Inn in Rancho Cordova, it is so cheap like $45 and it was quite nice. I enjoy driving long distance, so it was not a problem for me.

Was there a shower? I know...Weird question, but very significant.

Hey!!! I recommend the red roof inn too! Starbucks is right next door.. Hooters too if u want wings! And yes there is a shower.. But no blow dryer.. =| and cncp is just down the street.. Like three minutes! So it's a very convienent spot.. Also target is right across the street too.

Hello guys, please help
I know it is gonna be a 5 hour interview, but what time we actually get out of the school after the interview? can I get to Sacramento airport by 1:25pm?
thanks

No. Sacramento airport from Rancho is going to take at least, at the minimum 30-45 mins. I think the day for us did not end untill 130ish. I would book a flight at 245-3pm.

Hello guys, please help
thanks

I recommend you find one about 4 - 5 pm. When I went to interview.. I think we finished around 2 or 2:30.. So you might want to give yourself at least an hour to two to get to the airport..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!!! I recommend the red roof inn too! Starbucks is right next door.. Hooters too if u want wings! And yes there is a shower.. But no blow dryer.. =| and cncp is just down the street.. Like three minutes! So it's a very convienent spot.. Also target is right across the street too.

Do you have to reserve the room beforehand or do you just come and check in? Thanks.

Do you have to reserve the room beforehand or do you just come and check in? Thanks.

We just came and rented... But if you wanna be certain that you get the room you can just reserve since I don't know how many people might be staying there for interview also.

Also reserve is cheaper most of time than if you just walk in. About the shower question =), I think these days every single motels hotels have showers. I am a guy, so blow dryer isn't important to me. Bring one if you need one.

One thing about Northstate that not a lot of people might not know. They do have a seperate building that some of the faculty do research. It's about 2 miles from the main campus.
Hopefully I could find some one to take me. I love research:)

Bump!

I'm in the waiting room at a doctor's office lol. Haven't been active lately but congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to those who are interviewing this month!

Hi Everyone,

I interviewed in Jan and I stayed at the Marriott. It was less than 10 min away from the school. I got a very nice, comfortable and quiet room. It was a little bit expensive ($90), but I think it was well worth it.

I flew there from socal and I rented an economy car. I do not recommend renting a car. It cost me around $110 for 1 1/2 day with insurance and all the other fees. You will need a GPS if you're not familiar with the area. In addition, you have to take a bus to get to the car rentals.

I also, think flying there is better than driving 5-6 hrs. When you calculate the expense of driving it's not that much different from flying. My airline ticket cost me around $120. When I got there I was not tired at all. I took my favorite book to the airport and read while waiting.

I have not heard anything yet form CNCP and it has been almost 1 1/2 months (since they have received my 2ndary application). Does that mean CNCP is not interested in my application? Everyone else seems to have gotten their interview invitations right after they have received their 2ndary application. What do you guys think?
I am loosing hope :(

I have not heard anything yet form CNCP and it has been almost 1 1/2 months (since they have received my 2ndary application). Does that mean CNCP is not interested in my application? Everyone else seems to have gotten their interview invitations right after they have received their 2ndary application. What do you guys think?

I thought the same thing too, but just when I was losing hope, I got the interview invitation 2 months after my secondary was received.

i'm in the same boat, sweetymalek. my last correspondence was jan. "secondary received"
haven't heard anything since then

Thank you guys for your replies.

Last edited:
Does anyone have interview in April. I wanted to reschedule my interview from end of March to April.

Are the interviews at CNCP on rolling basis (i.e. every week) or once a month on Friday's?

Has anyone taken the shuttle from the SMF airport, if so how much does it cost? or is just cheaper to rent a car from the airport?

Thanks for any input.

One thing about Northstate that not a lot of people might not know. They do have a seperate building that some of the faculty do research. It's about 2 miles from the main campus.
Hopefully I could find some one to take me. I love research:)
If you get accepted u will have to go to teh research building by default for ur Labs, so u will get to do stuff u r interested in.

Does anyone have interview in April. I wanted to reschedule my interview from end of March to April.

Are the interviews at CNCP on rolling basis (i.e. every week) or once a month on Friday's?

Has anyone taken the shuttle from the SMF airport, if so how much does it cost? or is just cheaper to rent a car from the airport?

Thanks for any input.
The last session for interview we have is in March and thats it. As you can see people started getting their acceptance letters and rejections (Sad), it is not a gud idea to change or reschedule interviews. believe me it is also an previliage to get an interview in the pharmacy school.

Do not lose hope, call CNCP and Ask for Gail Kubat or Lisa Erck, they are very nice and are always willing to guide you in a proper direction.:thumbup:

The last session for interview we have is in March and thats it. As you can see people started getting their acceptance letters and rejections (Sad), it is not a gud idea to change or reschedule interviews. believe me it is also an previliage to get an interview in the pharmacy school.

Oh wow! I'm soo confused...I thought cal northstate held interviews until April...at least that's what it says on Pharmcas...so this year there are no more interview invitations being offered in April???? I guess I should consider myself rejected...:(

Last edited:
Oh wow! I'm soo confused...I thought cal northstate held interviews until April...at least that's what it says on Pharmcas...so this year there are no more interview invitations being offered in April???? I guess I should consider myself rejected...:(

Do you mind sharing why you had to rescheduled? Most schools are pretty strict about that unless you have medical or exam conflict reason. For many schools, asking to reschedule is like forfeiting your invite. Rescheduling for a rolling admissions school is not the best idea.

Do you mind sharing why you had to rescheduled? Most schools are pretty strict about that unless you have medical or exam conflict reason. For many schools, asking to reschedule is like forfeiting your invite. Rescheduling for a rolling admissions school is not the best idea.

Hi Muangz!...Umm...I didn't even receive an interview invite...that's why I was wondering if northstate was still offering interview invitations in april....but I guess they will be done with interviews this month...so I am assuming I have been rejected....maybe u were addressing your question to azjigs?

Hi Muangz!...Umm...I didn't even receive an interview invite...that's why I was wondering if northstate was still offering interview invitations in april....but I guess they will be done with interviews this month...so I am assuming I have been rejected....maybe u were addressing your question to azjigs?

Ooops! You are right. Did you get any invites from other schools? It would suck to go through the application process again.

Ooops! You are right. Did you get any invites from other schools? It would suck to go through the application process again.

Hi Mungaz! Yeah, I interviewed at Pacific University in Oregon, but I am currently on the waitlist and I'm still waiting to hear back from Touro...which is really nerve wrecking....and you are soo right...the whole application process will really suck if I have to do it all over again...but I have a feeling I am going to have to apply again next year...ughhh....but I guess I will try to keep a positive outlook until I get a flat out rejection letter from either of those schools.

if march is the last interview will everyone find out if their off waitlist or rejected before july then??

I allready have missed two Biology labs to go to other school for interviews. I'm not allowed to miss the third one. When I scheduled my interview month ago I was told by my professor that I can make up the lab during other day of the week. Then week later he told me that the other lab has 24 students and with school's fire code policy they can't exceed that amount in the lab and I wouldn't be able to make up that lab. Haven't heard anything back from CNCP. Will let everyone know if they have interviews in April.

I actually emailed about interview sessions earlier this year and they said that April would be an optional date, not a for sure thing.

Prayosha is a student there so she knows more than us, I guess they decided not to do the April interview after all.

Good luck to those who are interviewing and those who are still waiting! Hang in there, we're all in this together :scared:

do they send interview invitations thru mail or email?

Can anyone tell me how important the TBL assignment is in terms of getting accepted?

Can anyone tell me how important the TBL assignment is in terms of getting accepted?

Did you already interview? Basically they want us to experience their teaching style at the same time they will be looking at how communicative you are within a group of intelligent peers. Then you will get a chance to tell them what you think about a TBL exercise. It's nothing to stress about. The writing and the actual interview are what's more important.

I had interview on 3/26/10 and I wanted to reschedule for April interview and just found other day that CNCP doesn't have any interviews at this point in time in April.

I had interview on 3/26/10 and I wanted to reschedule for April interview and just found other day that CNCP doesn't have any interviews at this point in time in April.

really...that's this upcoming friday. What time is your interview?

oh hay azjigs, looks like ill be interviewing with you, my interview is at 10:30am on Friday March 26 so see ya there! :thumbup:

oh hay azjigs, looks like ill be interviewing with you, my interview is at 10:30am on Friday March 26 so see ya there! :thumbup:

mine is at 8:00. I live only 2 hours away, but I think I have to stay there over night, I don't want to get up at 5am and hit trafic on the way.
I have 2 midterm today and tomorrow, I got the TBL assignment just yesterday, and early interview.... i'm doomed... no time to study for the interview at all.... and yeah... checking and replying in SDN too...:scared:

mine is at 8:00. I live only 2 hours away, but I think I have to stay there over night, I don't want to get up at 5am and hit trafic on the way.
I have 2 midterm today and tomorrow, I got the TBL assignment just yesterday, and early interview.... i'm doomed... no time to study for the interview at all.... and yeah... checking and replying in SDN too...:scared:
hey...my interview is at 8am too.

... Have you finished reading the assign. paper?

A little advice- don't worry so much about the TBL assignment, but focus more on your interview and the writing sample. Good luck :luck:

yeay hopefully we will be in the same group... Have you finished reading the assign. paper?
Yeah, hopefully we are in the same group. Nope, I am not done with the article. I am so sick these days that I am having a hard time concentrating. I will try to finish it tonight/tomorrow. Good luck and see you on Friday.

does anyone have idea about what kind of topic they gives you for writing section.