California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview was on March 26th and I received the waitlist email on April 15th. I hope they start taking people off of the waitlist soon!

Which school are you applying to for the MBA program? Davenport University? And how sure are you that we don't have to take the GMATs right away?

I'm absolutely positive we don't have to take the GMAT right away, I have been emailing the admissions representative back and forth. But yes, Davenport.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow omg congrats to you! Well deserved, that's for sure. You've earned it! :)

I'm really worried now though. Unfortunately I am still on the wait list :( I don't even know what to think anymore..

Yeah, same. I'm still on the waitlist as well..sighs..The waitlist does go up to the first day of class. We just have to hang in there and be patient.

Yeah, same. I'm still on the waitlist as well..sighs..The waitlist does go up to the first day of class. We just have to hang in there and be patient.

Till what i know they have started to review the high waiting list........is thier anyone who was in high waiting list and got acceptnace letter or not....

Members don't see this ad :)
Till what i know they have started to review the high waiting list........is thier anyone who was in high waiting list and got acceptnace letter or not....

Do you know if they will be assigning numbers to the waitlisters?

Do you know if they will be assigning numbers to the waitlisters?

they haven't told me about the number of waitlisters......but they have started the processing of wait listers application again......did any one got accepted from the wait list in last 10 to 15 days (anyone)...........

they haven't told me about the number of waitlisters......but they have started the processing of wait listers application again......did any one got accepted from the wait list in last 10 to 15 days (anyone)...........

HW, got accepted 2 weeks ago

HW, got accepted 2 weeks ago

Congrats!!!! When did you interview and when did they place you on the wait list? I'm on the HW as well, so I'm hoping to hear back. Thanks!

hi!
So did you get into California Northstate College of Pharmacy with your grades and stats?

i am wondering if i can just pay out of my own pocket for the first semester's tuition then borrow money from SallieMae for the 2nd semester's tuition. In that case, should I still apply for the loan now? or should i hold off until the end of the first semester??

checkerbeary, I recall hearing from Patty that some students at CNCP are applying for loans on a semester basis so it is an option. You should definitely speak with Patty about this for further detail!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the CNCP Direct Pay Plan exactly? Is it just the name for paying out of pocket or is the CNCP Direct Pay option out of pocket payments (cash), but in installments? If so, is anyone taking this option? Is it a better option to pay the whole semester out of pocket or in installments? Also, has anyone gotten an interest rate lower than 9% for the sallie mae loan?
Thanks ahead!

What is the CNCP Direct Pay Plan exactly? Is it just the name for paying out of pocket or is the CNCP Direct Pay option out of pocket payments (cash), but in installments? If so, is anyone taking this option? Is it a better option to pay the whole semester out of pocket or in installments? Also, has anyone gotten an interest rate lower than 9% for the sallie mae loan?
Thanks ahead!

The CNCP Direct Pay is paying out of pocket but in 4 different installments. They charge a 1% fee for the remaining balance. So for one semester, you will be paying about $300 extra. If you have the money, then I think it's better to just pay the whole semester out of pocket in one installment. Hope this helps.

Are there any others who are waiting to be called off the high waitlist?

i applied for both semester's amount loan, but someone mention that people are taking loans on a semester basis. anyone know if it is a better option to take a loan on semester basis? how long does it take the school to certify the loan after the loan is accepted? thanks

Wow!! CONGRATS!

When was your interview and when were you placed on the high waitlist?
I'm hoping to hear from them soon =/

Thank you! : )
My interview was the first one in October and I was placed on the high waitlist about 3 weeks after.

Thank you! : )
My interview was the first one in October and I was placed on the high waitlist about 3 weeks after.

Congratulations!!! that is a LOnG Wait....but I am so happy for you that you got accepted!!!

I was on the high waitlist and I got accepted yesterday. :)

Congratulations!! :D

I'm still on the high wait list unfortunately, but I'm already starting my MBA with Davenport this summer so I'm excited about that. I was going to wait til I (hopefully) got accepted but I thought why not start now, I was interested in getting my MBA anyways.

Best of luck to everyone, lets all hang in there! :xf:

I just forfeited my seat today, so one more slot should be opening up for those on HW.

I also gave up my seat today -- another seat should open for those on the waitlist. Good luck! :xf:

Good luck to you guys in your pharmacy career!

I was called off of the HW Tuesday morning. :) :luck: :thumbup:

And good luck to those who are still waiting!

I was on high waitlist and just received my acceptance last Thursday via email. I am declining so hope that opens up a spot for someone else. Good luck to all of you :)

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for an apartment and if anybody want to share the apartment together please contact me on 317-410-0193. thank you

I will be declining my spot too, good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Yes, cuucon. It's a tough decision for me, because I like cncp too.

Aw I'm sad to hear you won't be attending CNCP but happy that you got into Touro! :) Congrats! At least you won't have to worry about the private loans, which I am thinking about. I haven't finished my pre-reqs for most schools and am considering just finishing up and applying to more schools this year.

Good luck to you!

Aw I'm sad to hear you won't be attending CNCP but happy that you got into Touro! :) Congrats! At least you won't have to worry about the private loans, which I am thinking about. I haven't finished my pre-reqs for most schools and am considering just finishing up and applying to more schools this year.

Good luck to you!

Thank you! I thought you are on the waitlist for this school, right?

I just gave up my seat at CNCP as well. I was really hoping to go here since it's somewhat close to where I live, but it's too darn expensive :(. Good luck to everyone in their Pharmacy careers!! If you're on the wait list, don't give up hope!! I was on the waitlist for months and was so sure I wouldn't get accepted, but I ended up getting accepted to numerous schools. Waiting is the hardest part, but it'll pay off in the end!! :laugh:

Hey guys, just got pulled off of the high waitlist today! :D We'll see what happens, if I can't afford it than I might have to decline, will keep you all updated. Good luck to the rest of you and know that they are still pulling people off of the list :luck:

Hey guys, just got pulled off of the high waitlist today! :D We'll see what happens, if I can't afford it than I might have to decline, will keep you all updated. Good luck to the rest of you and know that they are still pulling people off of the list :luck:

WOWW!!! congrats!!! Im really happy for you!! I hope the money issue works out for you. Im still waiting :( I don't think theres hope for me

WOWW!!! congrats!!! Im really happy for you!! I hope the money issue works out for you. Im still waiting :( I don't think theres hope for me

Keep your head up, if it makes you feel any better, we must let them know if we accept their offer in 3 days, and make deposit in 7 days. I'm sure they will be moving through the wait list a lot faster now especially since the semester is closer :xf:

Yes, I just got accepted though :)

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you..You earned it finally...
I will be sending them a withdrawal notice today. That will open up a spot for another person on the waitlist.

I just got pull off wait list yesterday. I was in the regular wait list.

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you..You earned it finally...
I will be sending them a withdrawal notice today. That will open up a spot for another person on the waitlist.

Thank you very much! :) Good luck in your pharmacy career!

I got the acceptance e-mail last week....does any one know how long it take to get a lone with sallimea ?

Last edited:
I got the acceptance e-mail last week....does any one know how long it take to get a lone with sallimea ?

Thank you everyone. I just declined my acceptance today, hope that open another spot for those who are waiting. I'd love to stay close to home but I have no financial support for the school.

i heard it takes only an hour or so to fill out the application and for them to tell u if ur approved or not