California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got mine Friday as well @ 4:30 via e-mail.

I was in the light green group.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when their gonna start taking waitlister off the list

anyone who still haven't heard after the March 26th interview?

nope haven't heard yet. thats why im wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me.

For those who will be attending CNCP, how are you going to pay for it?

Hello Everyone,
I'm planning on applying to CNCP this summer for fall 2011. I was wondering what the average GPA is for the people accepted? Any advice/feedback would be appreciated :)
Thank you and congrats to all of you who got accepted already !

I got my acceptance email a couple of days ago. :) Good luck to others who are waiting.

I got my acceptance email a couple of days ago. :) Good luck to others who are waiting.

Congrats to you and Fr0gg3r! :thumbup::)

As for the wait listers, I still haven't heard anything. I was hoping they notified everybody from the March interview already but it looks like they haven't SIGH! I'm trying to be patient :( I would like to know before the new PharmCAS application for the next cycle opens..

Hello Everyone,
I'm planning on applying to CNCP this summer for fall 2011. I was wondering what the average GPA is for the people accepted? Any advice/feedback would be appreciated :)
Thank you and congrats to all of you who got accepted already !

Hi Zeze! You can view some info about Northstate on PharmCAS here: http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolcalifornia_northstate_page.htm

Not sure if all their info is updated but right now it says...

Estimated average GPA of accepted students: 3.22

Although now I'm sure it will go up since they have reached Candidate status. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you and Fr0gg3r! :thumbup::)

As for the wait listers, I still haven't heard anything. I was hoping they notified everybody from the March interview already but it looks like they haven't SIGH! I'm trying to be patient :( I would like to know before the new PharmCAS application for the next cycle opens..

are u highwaitlist?? i dont have patients anymore! lol

is there any one-room apartment available in the area near school?

I got my acceptance email Friday at 8:30am. I was in the white group. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting!

Hey guys!

Just want to let some of you waitlisters know that I'm withdrawing my acceptance from northstate to attend UOP. Good luck to everyone I know how it feels to be on a waitlist!

Hey guys!

Just want to let some of you waitlisters know that I'm withdrawing my acceptance from northstate to attend UOP. Good luck to everyone I know how it feels to be on a waitlist!
Wow awesome UOP! Congrats to you, thank you and good luck in your pharmacy career! :D

I got my acceptance email Friday at 8:30am. I was in the white group. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting!

YAYY Congrats! Guess they wanted to make you suffer and wait longer than the others :p lol jk.

I hope they notified everyone already! So they could get to us wait-listers! lol

YAYY Congrats! Guess they wanted to make you suffer and wait longer than the others :p lol jk.

I hope they notified everyone already! So they could get to us wait-listers! lol

yea it was a torture waiting for so long. good luck to you and everyone else. don't give up!!

I am on a wait list. But I accepted to another school. I dont have time to notify them so if I get any acceptance or anything then from my side it's a rejection. I am sure about not attending CNCP, so those who are on waitlist will get one more spot to move forward.
good luck to all waitlister.
keep hope alive.

I am also on the high waitlist. Does anybody know how many people they usually put on the high waitlist or the regular waitlist? This is soOOoOo stressful! :scared:

I know that some current students are taking an MBA program to get gov't loans. Is anyone planning on taking this route? If so, have you already applied to the program and have taken your GMAT?

I know that some current students are taking an MBA program to get gov't loans. Is anyone planning on taking this route? If so, have you already applied to the program and have taken your GMAT?

Hi fellow waitlister! When did you get your email about being on the waitlist? Just want to see if they're still sending out decisions from March interviews.

But I'm actually applying to the online MBA program right now. I was going to wait til I got accepted but changed my mine. Haven't taken the Gmat but was told you can take a few courses w/out it so I plan on taking it later.

Good luck!

Any waitlisters get taken off the list?

I am on a wait list. But I accepted to another school. I dont have time to notify them so if I get any acceptance or anything then from my side it's a rejection. I am sure about not attending CNCP, so those who are on waitlist will get one more spot to move forward.
good luck to all waitlister.
keep hope alive.

Congrats to you!

I am also considering doing an MBA to get federal loans. Has anyone heard about the Florida Tech online MBA program? I talked to their admission representative and was told that GMAT is not required.

Could a current student from CNCP who's doing an MBA give us some feedback on how difficult it is to do pharmacy and MBA at the same time? Also, can you take two MBA classes per academic year and still be eligible for federal loans? Thanks!

I'm giving up my seat. Good luck to everyone on the waiting list.

Hi fellow waitlister! When did you get your email about being on the waitlist? Just want to see if they're still sending out decisions from March interviews.

But I'm actually applying to the online MBA program right now. I was going to wait til I got accepted but changed my mine. Haven't taken the Gmat but was told you can take a few courses w/out it so I plan on taking it later.

Good luck!

My interview was on March 26th and I received the waitlist email on April 15th. I hope they start taking people off of the waitlist soon!

Which school are you applying to for the MBA program? Davenport University? And how sure are you that we don't have to take the GMATs right away?

I am also considering doing an MBA to get federal loans. Has anyone heard about the Florida Tech online MBA program? I talked to their admission representative and was told that GMAT is not required.

Could a current student from CNCP who's doing an MBA give us some feedback on how difficult it is to do pharmacy and MBA at the same time? Also, can you take two MBA classes per academic year and still be eligible for federal loans? Thanks!

I just looked at Florida Tech's website and it says that they require a resume with "relevant, professional work experience." I don't really have much experience in business though. I know that all the MBA programs require a resume. Have you had any work experience related to business?

I just looked at Florida Tech's website and it says that they require a resume with "relevant, professional work experience." I don't really have much experience in business though. I know that all the MBA programs require a resume. Have you had any work experience related to business?

I do not have any experience in "business". When I talked to the admission representative he did not ask me anything about that. I don't think that's a requirement. But they asked about my undergrad university, major and my GPA.

I am a current student at CNCP and have just finished my first year of school. I am also one of those students concurrently enrolled in a MBA program. Anyone who is really considering in going to CNCP, please PM and I will give you details about the program I am taking. I was once in your position last year and would appreciate helping those who are really struggling to find way to pay for school. I know that we probably lost a few good qualified students last year and possibly this year because of the loans option. I just want our school to have the best and brightest student.

BTW, I will be having a room available for rent in a brand new home around august. Its about 10 mins away from campus. Very nice quiet community. I have posted the details on the cncp facebook page.

good luck everyone.

I am a current student at CNCP and have just finished my first year of school. I am also one of those students concurrently enrolled in a MBA program. Anyone who is really considering in going to CNCP, please PM and I will give you details about the program I am taking. I was once in your position last year and would appreciate helping those who are really struggling to find way to pay for school. I know that we probably lost a few good qualified students last year and possibly this year because of the loans option. I just want our school to have the best and brightest student.

BTW, I will be having a room available for rent in a brand new home around august. Its about 10 mins away from campus. Very nice quiet community. I have posted the details on the cncp facebook page.

good luck everyone.

I sent you a PM. Thanks

if anyone gets pulled off the waitlist please let me know!!!! thanks!

If you are enrolling in a for profit college such as University of Phoenix online MBA program, just so you can get federal loans to pay for your pharmacy school tuition, please be aware that there may be some major changes in the near future:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...as-for-profit-colleges-mobilize-update2-.html

"The tougher rules, which are expected to be released for public comment in the next several weeks, would require ITT Educational Services Inc., Career Education Corp. and Apollo Group Inc.’s University of Phoenix to show that their graduates earn enough money to pay off their student loans. If for-profit colleges can’t meet the standard, they could lose federal financial aid, which typically makes up three-quarters of their revenue."

If you guys are interested in getting an MBA, a CNCP student informed me that alot of current students are enrolled in the Davenport University and TUI University MBA programs. Davenport is not for profit but TUI is for profit but is developed by the Touro school system. These are two good options.

Thank you :love:
good luck to who is waiting

beary: yup, I made it :D
first acceptance ever after a bunch of WL letters

Hi, has anyone here applied for the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan? If so can you tell me what information was required by the cosigner, i.e. social security, addy, DOB etc., I'm planning on applying soon and would like to get those information from my cosigner before hand. Also, when you applied, did you specify how much you wanted to borrow (like 20k for the Fall semester) or was it automatic and the amount was to cover both semesters? Did your cosigner have to do a separate application or did you just fill those information in yourself? Thank you in advance!

Congratulations!!!

Does anybody know if this is the first week that they are pulling waitlisters off?

Wow omg congrats to you! Well deserved, that's for sure. You've earned it! :)

I'm really worried now though. Unfortunately I am still on the wait list :( I don't even know what to think anymore..