California Northstate Accreditation Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did the school in hawaii graduate any class before going out of bizz????how many years did it take start to finish>

Members don't see this ad.

Oh man, I am so depressed after reading all this...especially since I chose this school over Touro, Ca.
I just want to drink myself into a stuphor till its all over!!
On a positive note, we should all (class of 2016) get together when everyone moves up here and party one last time like its 1999!!! ....lol..bye
LOL.
Anonymity of the internet does that. I doubt most people even read these posts except for us 'neurotic' bunch. Anyways... as long as the school achieve accreditation, we can be successful in our own rights. We do not need to stand behind a prestigious school to show our academic abilities.
See you at CNCP :D

LOL.
Anonymity of the internet does that. I doubt most people even read these posts except for us 'neurotic' bunch. Anyways... as long as the school achieve accreditation, we can be successful in our own rights. We do not need to stand behind a prestigious school to show our academic abilities.

dITTo:

Members don't see this ad :)
at this point im a 100% sure what we see under 2011-2012 column is this year's acpe's decision..
i wont even call to confirm cuz im a 100% sure...
the next time school will be consider for accreditation will be 2012-2013 (june or january) but they have one more chance according to acpe's website
2012-2013 advancement to full....

i got my information by comparing this school with appalachian ..appalachian got accreditated on january 2010---- 2009-2010 accreditated granted...so i think this is a high chance this school will get accreditated on january 2013...

Last edited:
LOL.

Actually, you would be surprised who reads SDN. It's a well known site. Speaking from personal experience, it's important that you are careful in choosing your words. People can figure out who you are.

I'm "out" on SDN in the sense that most people know who I am. I an OK with that. It's mostly been a good thing but in a couple instances, it wasn't. Fortunately, those things were worked out.

rxlea...i cant stop laughing at what u said earlier:
"addicted people will get crazy when the school fails"loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Last edited:
there are some things said that people should just keep to themselves, and some things that are good to discusses, but there is to much hating on these message board.

that's the point of SDN, to let it all air out and discuss it in the open. "keeping things to yourself" would be a disservice on here.

pettycat said:
did the school in hawaii graduate any class before going out of bizz????how many years did it take start to finish>

The inaugural class got to their P2 year before it shut down entirely. I know a handful of their students went to Western and started over, someone from SDN started over at USC.

twentytwelve2 said:
LOL.
See you at CNCP

That's cool, but goodluck. Did they release the match participation results from class of 2012? I'm curious as to how good (or bad) those #'s were.

My institution outright doesn't take CNCP students for rotation (I think there was just a bad experience a while ago, I'm not sure), then again we're outside the sphere of the area. I think Z's hospital refuses to take CNCP as well. I guess my point is that, yes, you can overcome coming from a "new" school if everything else is in your favor (favorable rotation sites, favorable faculty, favorable support system), but it becomes exponentially hard when you're both an unwanted and despised institution with a high number of H1B foreign faculty members, have a dean that leaves before the accreditation process is complete, have pending lawsuits alleging illegal federal Title IV activity, and are a for-profit institution that lacks regional accreditation AND has difficulty achieving ACPE accreditation when your fellow fall 2008 brethren schools succeeded already.

For anyone who chose CNCP over Touro...huge mistake. But for those that didn't have a choice, goodluck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

I meant to keep the rude comments to yourself@contfettiflyer

Touro-California will be implementing TBL in next year's class. It was described as using pre-recorded videos of professor lectures that will be given out to students the day prior to class. Class time will be used as a discussion instead.

Also, on LLU forum, they started TBL in some classes as an experiment and the students didn't like it at first but found it to be effective once accustomed.

Every school is following suit to CNCP's learning method. It is just that CNCP is completely TBL.

I meant to keep the rude comments to yourself@contfettiflyer

I'm not rude, I speak the truth.

Besides, rudeness is just a natural reaction to stupidity. Reading this particular class thread is like reading ******ed 8th graders' text messages upside down. No wonder people look down on CNCP. Garbage in, garbage out! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Touro-California will be implementing TBL in next year's class. It was described as using pre-recorded videos of professor lectures that will be given out to students the day prior to class. Class time will be used as a discussion instead.

Also, on LLU forum, they started TBL in some classes as an experiment and the students didn't like it at first but found it to be effective once accustomed.

Every school is following suit to CNCP's learning method. It is just that CNCP is completely TBL.

you're missing the point, the problem with CNCP isn't a single teaching method, it's multifactorial. No one would bat an eyelash if UCSF implemented TBL, but because CNCP has an anaconda length laundry list of problems, it becomes a target.

Besides, rudeness is just a natural reaction to stupidity. Reading this particular class thread is like reading ******ed 8th graders' text messages upside down. No wonder people look down on CNCP. Garbage in, garbage out! :laugh:

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."
"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean – without blemish or blot –
That your blackness is mirrored in me."

I second that, I'm quite confused on some of the grammar/use of the English language on this thread, thought I was looking at Facebook for a second :rolleyes:

Don't have anything to say about the school though since I know of a couple people who go there that are pretty decent/competent.

Last edited:
@confettiflyer, if you are not going to attend the school you don't hve to bash the school or the people who are going to attend the school, I think you are full of yourself, but in reality I think you are the one who is garbage.

I second that, I'm quite confused on some of the grammar/misuse of the English language on this thread, thought I was looking at Facebook for a second :rolleyes:

Don't have anything to say about the school though coz I know of a couple people who go there that are pretty decent

Same -- I know several people who are doing fine here, just the majority stories I hear tend to be bad. Given the aggregate of clouds surrounding this school, it's exceedingly surprising that people are turning down Touro. CNCP should be a school of absolute last resort.

@confettiflyer, if you are not going to attend the school you don't hve to bash the school or the people who are going to attend the school, I think you are full of yourself, but in reality I think you are the one who is garbage.

damn you sound like a 7 year old and i just made fun of your hair :smuggrin:

how wuld u feel if ur unaccreditated pharmacysts wrot english lik dis????

HOW WULD U FEEL?

looooooooooooooooooooooooool

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."
"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean – without blemish or blot –
That your blackness is mirrored in me."

I'm glad CNCP matriculants can copy/paste.

Alright, I'm done with this thread until more lawsuits/drama/accreditation problems pop up. Come find me in the normal forums when that happens.

I'm not gonna argue with u, all I am saying is that you should have a little decency for people who are going. thank you.

There are many programs that implement a form of TBL. CNCP wasn't the first program to use TBL so no one is following them in anything.

The problem lies with CNCP's TBL only program with no lectures. Its fine to supplement TBL with normal lectures, but having TBL only is just too extreme. CNCP doesn't even use pre-recorded lectures in their curriculum. They just tell their students to read X chapter before class.

Last edited:
Here' the e-mail...you're welcome. Why are people so reluctant about posting this in its entirety? Lame...

Shane P. Desselle said:
Dear Student Colleagues:

I cannot begin to express my delight and gratitude for being afforded the opportunity to serve as the California Northstate University College of Pharmacy's new Dean!! By way of introduction, I am originally from Southern Louisiana (and thus am Cajun French), received my B.S. in Pharmacy and Ph.D. in pharmacy & health care administration from University of Louisiana at Monroe. I began my academic career at Long Island University's Brooklyn Campus (yes, culture shock!), moved on to Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA, then University of Oklahoma as Associate Dean before coming here. I have a long track record of teaching success, research productivity, and service to the profession and community. I author several leading texts and am currently on the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Board of Directors and still serve as founding editor of a peer-reviewed journal, Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. I am a sports FANATIC, already embracing the Kings and some Bay Area teams. I also love movies and, unfortunately, love to eat way too much. Indeed, I am a "foodie" who enjoys myriad international cuisines.

Being on the College's ‘wait list' for potential acceptance into our program, I know that some of you are highly anticipating news about our WASC and ACPE accreditation applications. California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) did in fact very recently receive its confidential reports of action from Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). The report is confidential, and neither WASC nor ACPE will make its official action public until late July 2012. CNUCOP will publicize the ACPE decision on its website, as will the accrediting bodies, upon those bodies' official release of the information. This is the case for any program in candidate status, regardless of the news being considered ‘positive' or ‘negative'. Please use the websites of these accrediting bodies and our own for the most accurate information, rather than other sources.

It should be noted that regardless of ANY action taken by accrediting bodies, there is NO EFFECT on students being admitted into the program. Qualified students selected into the program will be allowed to enter, complete the program, and be eligible to sit for the NAPLEX licensure examination. This is a direct fact and is indisputable!!

I wish you the very best of success, whether the next step in life's journey has you here, or elsewhere. In my first few weeks as Dean, we have initiated a number of new things that should be VERY exciting for our students, faculty, and staff, alike. I can hardly wait to tell the story of CNU College of Pharmacy, one the unique pharmacy programs in the entire nation, to students, parents, friends, media, and a wide variety of other stakeholders.

I hope to see many of you in August!

Sincerely,

Dean Desselle

Last edited:
If they got accredited there's no reason not to disclose. You might say they are doing it differently because they are for-profit and the investors decide when, but Sullivan (another for-profit university) released their accreditation results.

I don't think it has anything to do with for-profit vs. non-profit. I think they did not achieve full accreditation and are doing damage control. Simple as that.

Here' the e-mail...you're welcome. Why are people so reluctant about posting this in its entirety? Lame...

Pretty sad that the dean encourages you to refer to the ACPE website for the most recent updates, however isn't even aware that the accreditation status has already been updated. Everything just seems very wrong...

Can someone tell me when school starts? When is registration, orientation, etc.? I haven't received the 4 extra pdfs yet but I just want to know in advance so I can prepare for departure. I think it's extremely stupid that they don't have a current school schedule on the website and instead of sending us this year's catalog, they sent us last years??

ooh, thank you sir, I'm going to have fun ripping this one apart in a few minutes.

this school has more problems than my ex-husband...im fileing for divorce asap hhahhaha they are playing lame politics.....

Last edited:
this school has more problems than my ex-husband...im fileing for divorce asap hhahhaha they are playing lame politics.....

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO CALL ACPE

I laughed out loud.

Shane P. Desselle said:
Dear Student Colleagues:

I cannot ... Indeed, I am a "foodie" who enjoys myriad international cuisines.

That's good, so he's qualified. Random thought: I HATE people who call themselves "foodies."

Being on the College's ‘wait list' for potential acceptance into our program, I know that some of you are highly anticipating news about our WASC and ACPE accreditation applications.
No **** sherlock, not only the waitlist students, but every damn person associated with the school and other schools in CA have their eyes on these two entities like a hawk

California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) did in fact very recently receive its confidential reports of action from Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). The report is confidential, and neither WASC nor ACPE will make its official action public until late July 2012.

Of course the report is confidential, there's all sorts of tidbits in there as to what's wrong with the program and what needs to be fixed before Pandora's Box opens for everyone at CNCP.

I DO think he is incorrect in his assertion that they are making the actions public in "late July."

It says VERY CLEARLY on the WASC website that actions from their most recent meeting will go live online at 10am PST Monday, July 9. Also, as presented before, the ACPE action appears to have already been posted as there are no meetings between now and July 24.

CNUCOP will publicize the ACPE decision on its website, as will the accrediting bodies, upon those bodies' official release of the information. This is the case for any program in candidate status, regardless of the news being considered ‘positive' or ‘negative'.

So far as I know, false false false. Every other school has posted their accrediting results from the June 2012 ACPE meeting. Unless for some reason CNCP gets its own special meeting later, all the other programs have released their statuses.

Please use the websites of these accrediting bodies and our own for the most accurate information, rather than other sources.

the first 8 words of this sentence are the best ever. it should have ended there, the remainder should have been stricken. Better yet, it should have read "stop reading SDN you damn vultures."

It should be noted that regardless of ANY action taken by accrediting bodies, there is NO EFFECT on students being admitted into the program.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA. Of course it has no effect on admitting students! They have exactly one more year under the 14c clause before they "run out of time" with ACPE. That means one more year of students in and tuition in the bank.

Qualified students selected into the program will be allowed to enter, complete the program, and be eligible to sit for the NAPLEX licensure examination. This is a direct fact and is indisputable!!

Mmmmaybe...he's correct about the class of 2012 and 2013, but we're entering uncharted territory. If CNCP fails to attain accreditation by 2013, what happens to the school? You can't stay candidate forever.

Btw, this dean uses a lot of damn exclamation points, it's like I'm reading a bad real estate listing.

I wish you the very best of success, whether the next step in life's journey has you here, or elsewhere.

For your sake, I hope elsewhere. :luck:

In my first few weeks as Dean, we have initiated a number of new things that should be VERY exciting for our students, faculty, and staff, alike.

I guess waiting for an axe from ACPE to drop can be considered exciting :smuggrin:

I can hardly wait to tell the story of CNU College of Pharmacy,

I've been telling it for the past 4 years :smuggrin:

one the unique pharmacy programs in the entire nation, to students, parents, friends, media, and a wide variety of other stakeholders.

I think I just spotted a grammatical error (a missing "of" before "the"). But...yes, being the first school in the US and Canada to fail to attain full accreditation after receiving candidate status would be a very unique story to tell and would make for a great root-cause analysis[/quote]

I hope to see many of you in August!

"...and your deposits too!" said the secret thought bubble floating above the dean's computer and top secret shareholders he must answer to :smuggrin:

that's all folks...tip your waitresses, i'm here all week!

Last edited:
confettiflyer:love::love: like u back..

looool, at least he was gona take my money and run....looool
Dean's email remind me of my ex-husbands emails loooool

I feel *sortof* bad for ripping apart the dean's email...but hey, that's what we do here, no mercy for anyone.

I mean, he kind of walked into this giant mess and everything is on him to fix it before the time limit is up and CNCP falls out of compliance (and conceivably, out of accreditation).

Best of luck to him.

I feel *sortof* bad for ripping apart the dean's email...but hey, that's what we do here, no mercy for anyone.

I mean, he kind of walked into this giant mess and everything is on him to fix it before the time limit is up and CNCP falls out of compliance (and conceivably, out of accreditation).

Best of luck to him.
Well he's the one that left better reputed schools to rake in the big bucks at a for-profit, despite these things often running into federal lawsuits. I would love to see CNCP's numbers in reference to those set in gainful employment laws.

Best of luck to him.

As much as you optimistic CNCP supporters hate confettiflyer's posts, his information is valuable to those seriously considering attending this school. It's better to get "outside" thoughts, perspectives, and facts rather than believing everything you hear from the school's administration.

Well he's the one that left better reputed schools to rake in the big bucks at a for-profit, despite these things often running into federal lawsuits. I would love to see CNCP's numbers in reference to those set in gainful employment laws.

I don't think he did it for the money. My best guess is:

a) he did it to move to California (i mean who doesn't? haha...granted, rancho cordova doesn't really count as "california lifestyle")

b) he did it for the professional challenge and the opportunity to shape something

Probably more the 2nd one, I can relate to both of these from a previous life.

I don't think he did it for the money. My best guess is:

a) he did it to move to California (i mean who doesn't? haha...granted, rancho cordova doesn't really count as "california lifestyle")

b) he did it for the professional challenge and the opportunity to shape something

Probably more the 2nd one, I can relate to both of these from a previous life.
Perhaps. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It's not his fault entirely, since he is very new, but there are just so many red flags about the program. I have tried to find more information about ownership of the company and it's history and such... and nothing. It's all so mysterious!

That's interesting- I didn't notice it until the person above commented on various parts of the email but the last paragraph of the waitlist email and the accepted students email was different. This is what mine said- "Again, I highly anticipate getting to know you all. We remain committed to our teaching values and service to students. Even in my initial days, I have begun several new initiatives, such as a CNUCOP Magazine to highlight our many accomplishments and made early inroads with various foundations and media outlets to help tell the wonderful story that is CNUCOP."

Better in my opinion...... but I just thought I would put this out here

Is it just me or is that email not that professional? I mean, the exclamations are a but much. I can see why he would want to tell the students about himself but I think it goes overboard a bit. Or maybe I'm just bitchy :D

He is French and a foodie wouldn't have been a lot more direct and honest if he would have just said "Let them eat cake". I just had to...

Is it just me or is that email not that professional? I mean, the exclamations are a but much. I can see why he would want to tell the students about himself but I think it goes overboard a bit. Or maybe I'm just bitchy :D
I agree. I feel like the content at the end of the first paragraph could have been taken straight from an online dating account.

Last edited:

It's not something I would expect from a dean.

I'm not gonna necessarily fault him for it, he's trying to be different, alright I'll give him credit for that. Execution falls a little flat and yes, it's a cardinal sin (even for an atheist, haha) to use > 1 exclamation point in sequence and/or an elipses in an email to groups of people like this.

I remember we had the elipses discussion in the main forum a while ago.

Also, what're y'all emailing ACPE? Whether or not the action listed on the website is current and from the june 2012 meeting? That's the real question floating around here.

Also, what're y'all emailing ACPE? Whether or not the action listed on the website is current and from the june 2012 meeting? That's the real question floating around here.

According to a student, a professor confirmed to them what we've all been suspecting. The information showing on the APCE site is in fact the action taken this year.

The question that I have for APCE is whether or not they are requiring the school to keep the decision confidential until late July like the dean said in his email. I have my hunch but want to confirm with APCE to know for certain. If they are not, then I think there are more problems besides the fact that they failed to obtain full accreditation.

Oh my, so much drama in this thread. Its a good thing I was denied by this school.