California Northstate Accreditation Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Confettiflyer - Since the school is supposedly WASC accredited now, according to previous posts in this thread, are the students eligible for refund of deposit now?

Members don't see this ad.

i think northstate is similar to appalachian if u check appalachian on acpe it seems that the school didnt get accreditated till a year later..but that was a 3 years school and the candidacy was on time..so this school being on developmet for 5 years and from yesterday's email...im assuming if it doesnt get accreditated it will go on nonaccreditated ..and who would wana attend hahha

in order for accredidation to occur doesnt the first class have to pass the naplex by a certain percentage? what if everyone hasent taken the board exam yet....so could that weigh on the accredation status of the school? i just hope everything everything works out favoring accredation

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
As stated above, somebody refuted that point in another post although I'm not sure what the source of that information is.

im not suprise this school didnt get accreditated ..they are one year behind in everyhting...the question is ..do they have more time to get accreditation or time is up? thanks for playing

prettycat, are you going to email the dean about the information you heard from APCE? I feel like he may have been pressured into sending the last email because so many people were contacting the school about the accreditation status. Maybe if enough people email them again they will send out another email revealing more information.

As already mentioned, it could have something to do with the pass rate of the recent graduates. And if thats true, then you really have to think that something is seriously wrong with the school and its program.

I really want to find out as much as I can before the 23rd. Does anyone know if the tuition is refundable if we withdraw before school starts? According to another post, our deposit is refundable less $100 or something.

I created a profile on these boards to tell you all that I have just finished sending the dean a reply. I expressed my (Class of 2016) concern with the tuition deadline being before the ACPE decision announcement and asked if perhaps the tuition deadline could be pushed back to give us a chance to make an informed, and fair decision before paying the rest of the $22k. I'm not saying I expect them to, so don't flame me for that, but I'll re-post if I get a reply.

Let me know if anyone else is doing this.

I created a profile on these boards to tell you all that I have just finished sending the dean a reply. I expressed my (Class of 2016) concern with the tuition deadline being before the ACPE decision announcement and asked if perhaps the tuition deadline could be pushed back to give us a chance to make an informed, and fair decision before paying the rest of the $22k. I'm not saying I expect them to, so don't flame me for that, but I'll re-post if I get a reply.

Let me know if anyone else is doing this.

Under the California Education Code, you have the right to a refund up until the start of classes or a week in. I think I went over this at length in another thread and we've clarified that, in fact, CNCP is subject to these regulations due to a lack of WASC accreditation.

So, as of right now, don't think you're "stuck" after paying the balance. You'll have to wait 45 days while they process the refund (legally they have up until day 45), but you aren't "stuck."

This can change if WASC accredits them, but that seems doubtful since (I believe) ACPE accreditation is a prerequisite to WASC.

Under the California Education Code, you have the right to a refund up until the start of classes or a week in. I think I went over this at length in another thread and we've clarified that, in fact, CNCP is subject to these regulations due to a lack of WASC accreditation.

So, as of right now, don't think you're "stuck" after paying the balance. You'll have to wait 45 days while they process the refund (legally they have up until day 45), but you aren't "stuck."

This can change if WASC accredits them, but that seems doubtful since (I believe) ACPE accreditation is a prerequisite to WASC.

They did receive WASC accreditation. The news was from Dean Hawkins.

Must be internal for now, WASC isn't releasing formal accreditation information publicly until Monday, July 9 + the WASC website still lists it as candidate.

Well...at least going to a school that may or may not be accredited by ACPE will be cheaper due to federal loans? Silver lining! haha

Wait a second...I just popped onto their website, don't they have a new dean effective July 1?

Kind of a weird time to, you know, change your leadership.

Wait a second...I just popped onto their website, don't they have a new dean effective July 1?

Kind of a weird time to, you know, change your leadership.

Yes, Dean Hawkins planned to retire after the inaugural class graduated.

Members don't see this ad :)
And in other news...I'm browsing the older pages of this thread, it's like a giant grammatical clusterfracas in here. I'm hoping actual CNCP matriculating students aren't really this neurotic in real life.

This school is just a big joke...puzzles me that anyone would even consider attending at this point.

Desperation. Like a crack addict doing crazy things to get his or her fix.

You'd think that the high cost of tuition for sub-par education would overshadow the desperation. There's just so many red flags that pop up when looking into this school. For-profit, failure to advance to candidate on the first pass, and now failure to attain full accreditation.

Looks like everyone has emailed Dr. Desselle like mad!
Word is FINAL NOW.

The ACPE result seen on the website CURRENTLY IS NOT THE RESULT FROM THIS YEAR.

There you go!

Oh my goodness, yes! We know! Lakeboy originally brought that up.
I CAN tell you that what you see currently on ACPE's website of continued candidate status was in fact the action taken last year. I can ALSO tell you that any action taken this year will have absolutely no bearing on our ability to accept students and educate you through the entire program; nor will it have an impact on any program graduate's ability to sit for the Board examination.
-From Dean Desselle

Let's end the arguments now please.

Looks like everyone has emailed Dr. Desselle like mad!
Word is FINAL NOW.

The ACPE result seen on the website CURRENTLY IS NOT THE RESULT FROM THIS YEAR.

There you go!
So what you're saying is that they did accredited, but are saving the information for July 24?:confused:

compare this to appalachian...

does anyone know if appalachian was granted full accreditation late...my friend goes to touro ny and he told me they are accreditated 3 months ago....

in order for accredidation to occur doesnt the first class have to pass the naplex by a certain percentage? what if everyone hasent taken the board exam yet....so could that weigh on the accredation status of the school? i just hope everything everything works out favoring accredation
All4mydaughter (a moderator) stated in another thread her program was granted full accreditation by ACPE before her class took the NAPLEX.

So what you're saying is that they did accredited, but are saving the information for July 24?:confused:

This too. That seems silly when other schools have been sharing the news of their newly granted accreditation status.

Ok, so why, if they were granted full accreditation, wouldn't it show up like Chicago State or Touro NY, two institutions that are in the same process and whose status changed to full last week?

I would run as fast as I can away from this place.

Because the dean "said so" :)

Because the dean "said so" :)
Or because ACPE said so?
Please note that we are literally NOT ALLOWED by ACPE to post any information regarding the most recent actions on accreditation. Believe me, it would be much easier if we were allowed to do so.

-Dean Desselle

And from Prettycat's post, Touro NY was accredited 3 months ago, whereas CNCP apparently found out their result recently.

Maybe that has something to do with it? Who knows.. I am sure one of us will get in contact with ACPE in the future.

If they got accredited there's no reason not to disclose. You might say they are doing it differently because they are for-profit and the investors decide when, but Sullivan (another for-profit university) released their accreditation results.

Or because ACPE said so?
Please note that we are literally NOT ALLOWED by ACPE to post any information regarding the most recent actions on accreditation. Believe me, it would be much easier if we were allowed to do so.

-Dean Desselle

And from Prettycat's post, Touro NY was accredited 3 months ago, whereas CNCP apparently found out their result recently.

Maybe that has something to do with it? Who knows.. I am sure one of us will get in contact with ACPE in the future.

I don't know why you can't get it that this seems sketchy. Chicago State was not accredited three months ago...their status changed last week.

so according to this mr. dean hahhah
we have to wait till july 24 to check the line associated with 2012-2013 for the status?
ok people lets not forget to that looooooooooool

so according to this mr. dean hahhah
we have to wait till july 24 to check the line associated with 2012-2013 for the status?
ok people lets not forget to that looooooooooool

Yes, you have to wait until after you pay your tuition, and then we will tell you if it even matters. Lol.

Sketch.

Confettiflyer - Since the school is supposedly WASC accredited now, according to previous posts in this thread, are the students eligible for refund of deposit now?

Nope, CNCP becomes exempt from that section of the CA Education Code and keeps your money.

i personally think this school wasnt accreditated this year, but i think it might be next year

in case of chicago state ..how come they dont have a line for 2012-2013?
chicago state is not for profite i think its a state school

I need answer before the tution nobody is getting my money
i get student loan ... give it to school and not get it back...hahhaha,,,,

Nope, CNCP becomes exempt from that section of the CA Education Code and keeps your money.

So if what you're saying is true, then the last chance to get the deposit back is before they "officially" announce their WASC accreditation.

Do you know where exactly in the Code it talks about this?

Also I'm wondering if it matters that we submitted our deposits before they obtained WASC.

Last edited:
in case of chicago state ..how come they dont have a line for 2012-2013?
chicago state is not for profite i think its a state school

I need answer before the tution nobody is stilling my money
i get student loan and give it to school and not get it back...hahhaha,,,,

Because they gained full accreditation and will not need another review this year.

review date...what a good point...if 2012-2013 is the review date how can the result associate with it be posted before the review date...loooooooooooooooooooooooooool shouldnt be after

Here are all reviews of accreditation (or continued status) schools for 2011-2012 according to ACPE website. All of these results are posted for each institution on ACPE website.

Question: Why is the Dean not telling the truth to CNCP future students?

Answer :Your tuition money? You already said the Dean won't announce until the day after the money is due. That is suspect. And Confetti has already advised now that CNCP is WASC accredited, you won't be able to get deposits back!

Professional Programs of Colleges andSchools of Pharmacy Scheduled for On-Site Evaluations, Academic Year 2011-2012

The programs of the colleges and schools of pharmacy listed below are to be considered for accreditation during the coming academic year. On-site evaluations have been scheduled for fall or spring terms, as noted.

Fall 2011

Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy

Butler University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences

Cedarville UniversitySchool of Pharmacy

Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy

Manchester College School of Pharmacy

Massachusetts Collegeof Pharmacy and Health Sciences School of Pharmacy –Worcester

Midway CollegeSchool of Pharmacy

Oregon State University College of Pharmacy

Purdue University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences

Shenandoah University Bernard J. Dunn School of Pharmacy South University School of Pharmacy

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy

Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Pharmacy

University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences

University of Illinois - Chicago College of Pharmacy

University of Michigan College of Pharmacy

University of Montana Skaggs School of Pharmacy

University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy

University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center College of Pharmacy

University of Toledo College of Pharmacy University of Wisconsin – Madison School ofPharmacy

Wingate University School of Pharmacy

Spring 2012

Appalachian College of Pharmacy

Belmont University School of Pharmacy

California Northstate College of Pharmacy

Chicago State University College of Pharmacy

College of Notre Dame of Maryland School of Pharmacy

East Tennessee State University Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy

Florida A&M University College of Pharmacy

Harding University College of Pharmacy

Husson University College of Pharmacy

Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy

Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences School of Pharmacy – Boston

North Dakota State University College of Pharmacy, Nursing, and Allied Sciences

Regis University School of Pharmacy

Roosevelt University College of Pharmacy

Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Sciences College of Pharmacy

South Carolina College of Pharmacy

St.Joseph College School of Pharmacy

Texas A&M University Health Science Center Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy

Thomas Jefferson University Jefferson School of Pharmacy

Touro New York College of Pharmacy

Union University School of Pharmacy

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy

University of Georgia College of Pharmacy

University of Kansas School of Pharmacy

University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy

University of New England College of Pharmacy

University of South Florida College of Pharmacy

University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy

Virginia Commonwealth University at the Medical College of Virginia Campus School of Pharmacy

Western NewEngland College School of Pharmacy

Okay after I'm reading this post I'm just full on confused. This doesn't happen very often, haha.

This just does not pass the smell test...so I would just walk away at this point, go get a master's degree from a real school, and try again for any of the other EIGHT pharmacy schools within California + Las Vegas (yeah I count them as a CA suburb, hah).

But for the purposes of discussion, let's discuss the new dean's statement about "not being able to disclose results" as well as the results on ACPE's website.

CNCP dean said:

This statement would be true if the decision to advance the school to full accreditation a) remains internal to ACPE and is being shared back-channel to CNCP or b) the decision hasn't been rendered yet. Based on the quote, however, it seems that there were indeed "most recent actions on accreditation." So my reading of the dean's quote = "there was some most recent action on accreditation but we are not allowed to talk about it."

Strange because every other school has put out releases saying they were accredited, which directly contradicts the CNCP dean's quote that they are "not allowed by ACPE to post...regarding the most recent actions."

Which leads me to the next question -- Why July 24? Aside from being conveniently one day AFTER a refund deadline, this would be 30 days after the meeting (which was June 22-26). My conjecture here is that the 30 day window is provided by ACPE as a "courtesy to get your PR **** in order before we release the report" which may or may not be derogatory.

Point is...to my knowledge, there is NO meeting of ACPE between now and July so it's not like CNCP is *waiting* for new information. The dean's assertion that ACPE does not want them to release information from the JUNE meeting (these meetings are public, right?) doesn't hold much weight with me.

Last point is the CNCP dean's assertion that the information on ACPE's website is from *last* year. Here's a screenshot:

ScreenShot2012-07-07at30223PM.png

Based on June 2011 proceedings, it appears this statement is true.
https://www.acpe-accredit.org/pdf/ReportofProceedingsJune2011.pdf

There appear to be board actions stating that candidate accreditation was continued 2010-2011 and 2011-2012.

But what confuses me in that same report is that the other fall 2008 schools (Jefferson, Touro NY) were due for an on-site evaluation in spring 2012 AND also had candidate accreditation continued for 2011-2012.

Compare the CNCP screenshot to the Touro NY screenshot:
ScreenShot2012-07-07at33417PM.png

This is where I become confused due to the lack of detail from ACPE. Was in fact candidate status continued at their most recent meeting? Or is that an old status from last year, which may still fall under 2011-2012? I'm not sure.

What leads me to believe that they failed to attain accreditation this year is the fact that there is an entry for future activity for 2012-2013 to advance the school to full accreditation.

Anyone else care to dive in and back it up with documentation?

EDIT: I'm actually more convinced of the idea that they failed to achieve full accreditation. Why? Because why on earth would there be a request to advance to full accreditation BEFORE your first class graduates in 2012? Therefore, IMO, that 2011-2012 entry has to be a result of the spring 2012 on-site evaluation and anticipatory to a June 2012 meeting/status update. If indeed CNCP says the continuation of candidate status is from last year, you would have seen the entry read "2011-2012 Continuation of Candidate Status" not the advancement to full note listed there.

Last edited:
review date...what a good point...if 2012-2013 is the review date how can the result associate with it be posted before the review date...loooooooooooooooooooooooooool shouldnt be after

I can't understand half the things you write.

And Confetti has already advised now that CNCP is WASC accredited, you won't be able to get deposits back!

Real quick, I'm quoting someone else on the forums that said the former dean sent out an email stating that WASC accreditation was received.

The OFFICIAL source (WASC) has not confirmed this on their website and it was noted that this will be posted at 10am PST on Monday, July 9.

So tentative yes, but I think the data is good enough to discuss with that proviso.

So, between this discussion AND the alleged violation of federal law regarding Title IV funds outlined in the Brazill vs. CNCP lawsuit filed in May...anyone else comfortable turning in deposit money? :luck:

Real quick, I'm quoting someone else on the forums that said the former dean sent out an email stating that WASC accreditation was received.

The OFFICIAL source (WASC) has not confirmed this on their website and it was noted that this will be posted at 10am PST on Monday, July 9.

So tentative yes, but I think the data is good enough to discuss with that proviso.

Yes, you are right. And I guess better to wait and verify through WASC (official source) on the 9th.

Last edited:
there are some things said that people should just keep to themselves, and some things that are good to discusses, but there is to much hating on these message board.

Touro NY updated their website so does chicago state.....if they just got accreditated..how come they changed it so fast?

how do we know the decision was going to be make at the same meeting?

Last edited:
Oh wow. Another HICP in the making? The similarities I notice at the top of my head between these two schools are standalone for-profit COP, use .org, trying to develop another professional program while the main one is having issues (dental for HICP and medical for Northstate), and shady business practice driven by $$$.

Like it or not, there is and will be a stigma for its students to overcome. The school already has a bad reputation as reviewed by preceptors based on their students. It's very unfortunate, but I hope the prospective students know and understand the risks if they decide to attend anyways...and have backup plans.

If the school fails to achieve full accreditation this year, I think they can succeed next year if they get their act together and stop seeing $$$ at least till they make it. But then with the lawsuit going on against the school that exposes alleged illegal activities done by the admin, it may cost them the full accreditation at the end. I would hate to see four years of debt, time, and energy wasted. it's a very real possibility as it's a gamble at this point. I don't want to be negative, but it's foolish to think only in rainbow, sunshine, and unicorn.

Sent from my PC36100

Oh man, I am so depressed after reading all this...especially since I chose this school over Touro, Ca.
I just want to drink myself into a stuphor till its all over!!
On a positive note, we should all (class of 2016) get together when everyone moves up here and party one last time like its 1999!!! ....lol..bye