BU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As far as nbde goes, my strategy was to attack my weaknesses by studying from text books for those... for me this was biochem and general anatomy (aside from head and neck)...for biochem I used lippencott and for gross I used gray's student edition (both wonderful books). Other than that I studied each subject from kaplan notes and dental decks, plus some subjects from kaplan usmle videos (biochem and physio are wonderful in these). Also, I practiced old released papers at the beginning and at the end of studying each subject, to assess my improvement..that being said, everyone is different. Good luck!
P.s. sorry, I know this isn't a nbde thread. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody who got the application under review email in November and December 2010 got interview call email?? If some one there, please post the IV dates... when they were called??

Did anybody who got their BU application 'under review' email in November and December 2010 got interview call email?? If some one there, please post the IV dates... when they were called??

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody who got their BU application 'under review' email in November and December 2010 got interview call email?? If some one there, please post the IV dates...when they were called!!

Did anybody who got their BU application 'under review' email in November and December 2010 got interview call email?? If some one there, please post the IV dates...when they were called!!

Had interview on December 2nd. Got acceptance on 3rd. Hope this helps!

Had interview on December 2nd. Got acceptance on 3rd. Hope this helps!

Congratulations beanbag on your success..............would you mind to share the stats and when did you get application review email & interview call????

Congratulations beanbag on your success..............would you mind to share the stats and when did you get application review email & interview call????

Thanks. I got application review and interview call both in early November. Everyone from my batch got accepted. But they explained that they can send review and interview emails anytime and there is no set pattern. So don't worry too much about this. They have seats left. As regards stats, there was a range of stats in my batch and its not true that BU calls only people with score of 90+ though I had 90+:)

Thanks. I got application review and interview call both in early November. Everyone from my batch got accepted. But they explained that they can send review and interview emails anytime and there is no set pattern. So don't worry too much about this. They have seats left. As regards stats, there was a range of stats in my batch and its not true that BU calls only people with score of 90+ though I had 90+:)

Thanks for information and support beanbag. I am little worried because I got application completion email in mid october and after that they never contacted me back for under review. So, I was little worried and ofcourse, I didn't have 90+ score. Anyways thanks for replying. I hope that my time will come soon.

Thanks for information and support beanbag. I am little worried because I got application completion email in mid october and after that they never contacted me back for under review. So, I was little worried and ofcourse, I didn't have 90+ score. Anyways thanks for replying. I hope that my time will come soon.

They will be interviewing till at least end of march so you have 4 months ahead. Don't worry. :)

Did anybody got interview after thanksgining. Pls share.

Hey people!
I got an email for the interview for Jan 20th. Had got my review email in Oct. my nbde is 89. Good luck to you all.
Did anybody got interview after thanksgining. Pls share.

Hey Hardships,
Thank you for the information. Can you please tell us when did u complete ur application and if you have masters in India or usa

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey people!
I got an email for the interview for Jan 20th. Had got my review email in Oct. my nbde is 89. Good luck to you all.

Hey Hardships,
Can you tell us when you recieved your interview call ?

i recieved it on 7th dec.
i do not have masters? why do you ask tht?

It is surprising that this time the sdn is not much active. not much people are updating info.

anyway good luck
Hey Hardships,
Can you tell us when you recieved your interview call ?

It is surprising that this time the sdn is not much active. not much people are updating info.

anyway good luck

Hi! Your hardsips did pay off eventually :)
Good luck for the interview.
Could you share ur stats apart frm nbde 89 and no. years of work experience?

Hi! Your hardsips did pay off eventually :)
Good luck for the interview.
Could you share ur stats apart frm nbde 89 and no. years of work experience?

I am waiting for the call..got review email in early sept..any interview calls for early Jan? Please guys post ur experience, iv calls and any updates.it helps a lot..thanks hardships for posting...hope I get an iv call soon...

anyway good luck

Hey Hardships, Sorry for asking that Question, one of my friend attended the interview and said that all of his batchmates had either masters or very good profile (all stats). So I thought even u had masters.
Thank you for the information

Hello all,
I got my application completion email in oct end and didn't get review email till today. I am wondering that it's me only or somebody else is also in same boat.....it's seriously long time (2mon) & didn't get under review email....

Hey..I got my application completion in mid september and did not hear back from them after that...I dont know how long we have to wait more!!!!!

Hey..I got my application completion in mid september and did not hear back from them after that...I dont know how long we have to wait more!!!!!

You are not the only one. I have received application complete email on sept 23 and nothing since then. I have taken part 1 this july and only scored 84, have MDS in oral surgery from India, moderate amount of experience, 3 yrs of teaching in India, 7 yrs of practice, only 96 in TOEFL... so Lots of frustration here too !!!1

Hey,

Congratulations to all of you accepted at BU. All those who have finally decided to go for BU please join the Facebook group:

"BUGSDM Advanced Standing Class of 2013"

We can share all our concerns for the next 2years and may be even after that :):):)

Good luck and See you all at the orientation!!!!

You are not the only one. I have received application complete email on sept 23 and nothing since then. I have taken part 1 this july and only scored 84, have MDS in oral surgery from India, moderate amount of experience, 3 yrs of teaching in India, 7 yrs of practice, only 96 in TOEFL... so Lots of frustration here too !!!1

Hello guys,
I know that it's very frustrating to wait (I am in the same boat), but we have to keep patience and faith in God & destiny. I know sooner or later hard work always pays off...so, be together here on forum, share any information we get and I believe that our day will come soon. Don't give up & don't loose hope :). We have to keep motivated each other.........

Hello guys,
I know that it's very frustrating to wait (I am in the same boat), but we have to keep patience and faith in God & destiny. I know sooner or later hard work always pays off...so, be together here on forum, share any information we get and I believe that our day will come soon. Don't give up & don't loose hope :). We have to keep motivated each other.........

I agree!

You are true..hard work does pay off..i met few people who got in to BU last year...they also had frustration like us at this time of the year..They all said that, BU interviews go till april-may.. so we do have 4 months left to keep our fingers crossed..dont know when the call of luck comes...just believe in your self..

You are true..hard work does pay off..i met few people who got in to BU last year...they also had frustration like us at this time of the year..They all said that, BU interviews go till april-may.. so we do have 4 months left to keep our fingers crossed..dont know when the call of luck comes...just believe in your self..
You are right doc...we need to keep up our faith and more importantly we should update each other about any new developments..BU. Has December break from 18th...are they sending out invites for Jan before they go out for break?

You are right doc...we need to keep up our faith and more importantly we should update each other about any new developments..BU. Has December break from 18th...are they sending out invites for Jan before they go out for break?

Yes, BU is sending IV calls for Jan 11 and i heard some even getting for late Feb 11 also..

sth like a miracle today happened , I got accepted in BU :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooupy . And i really have a pretty interesting story for u all , so u can have all faith in GOd , hope and never give up.I applied late last year , got an interview on the 4th of march , actually we were the last 4 to be interviewed , unfortunately I got on the waiting list last year in BU and USC as well. This year I reapplied and got only an interview in uop , got on the waiting list for the second year around :( ........I was totally desperate , studying part 2 and thinking to reapply next year :( Guess what I got an acceptance email from BU :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) imagine so u all have a lot of hope, I am not telling that this is the easiest way coz I almost waited for 2 years and was about to wait the 3rd but see. When god close a door , he opens a window ;) try ur best and wish u all best luck

congrats princess2010.. it must a real relief... when did you interview at boston this time? I mean u hv only told abt the last season where u were waitlisted.

sth like a miracle today happened , I got accepted in BU :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooupy . And i really have a pretty interesting story for u all , so u can have all faith in GOd , hope and never give up.I applied late last year , got an interview on the 4th of march , actually we were the last 4 to be interviewed , unfortunately I got on the waiting list last year in BU and USC as well. This year I reapplied and got only an interview in uop , got on the waiting list for the second year around :( ........I was totally desperate , studying part 2 and thinking to reapply next year :( Guess what I got an acceptance email from BU :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) imagine so u all have a lot of hope, I am not telling that this is the easiest way coz I almost waited for 2 years and was about to wait the 3rd but see. When god close a door , he opens a window ;) try ur best and wish u all best luck

Congratulations on your achievement. You are welcome to join us all on Facebook group : BUGSDM Advanced Standing Class of 2013

Congratulations princess 2010....Your words are really true. God is great...I am encouraged by your story and desperately waiting for my time.....Would you please share your stats and date of interview?

Thanks a lot :) and wishing u all the best. here is my modest status 85/96/3.5 but I have 2 years of experience , a bunch of continuous education programs ,training and volunteer work in some universities. I didn't have a second interview or a review e mail or anything just in the moment where I was totally hopeless and thinking that I will wait another year , I got the acceptance letter :)))))))))

hey
I just got an application under review e mail, its been so long !!! they said we were considering 87 score only 2 months bak... i dont understannd ,i had lost all hope esp from BU, r they going to invite me for interview?????????? i cant believe it ... plz reply someone ..... does it HAPPEN THAT THEY DONT INVITE FOR INTERVIEW EVEN AFTER REVIEW MAIL!!!?

i got an application review mail in september..nothing after that.... dunno what BU is doing???

hey
I just got an application under review e mail, its been so long !!! they said we were considering 87 score only 2 months bak... i dont understannd ,i had lost all hope esp from BU, r they going to invite me for interview?????????? i cant believe it ... plz reply someone ..... does it HAPPEN THAT THEY DONT INVITE FOR INTERVIEW EVEN AFTER REVIEW MAIL!!!?

Don't lose hope.....at least you had received application under review mail.... I didn't even receive that... a lot of applicants out here have the same frustration.....dunno if it makes you feel better to know that you are not the only one but pls know that there are ppl who are banking heavily and have no response from BU

thanks for encouraging begotted BDS , it is just that when you hear rejection from every side you start losing hope. and this is quite unexpected , and feels unreal.... i know what everyone is going through so far we all r in the same boat. I wish you and all otherz like us the best of luck and I hope that we all find our destiny soon so that this waiting period ends!

Don't lose hope.....at least you had received application under review mail.... I didn't even receive that... a lot of applicants out here have the same frustration.....dunno if it makes you feel better to know that you are not the only one but pls know that there are ppl who are banking heavily and have no response from BU

You are right begottedBDS.......I am waiting from almost two months but didn't get review email ......but i believe that we will hear from them soon...Just have to trust on ourselves & hope for the best......

thanks for encouraging begotted BDS , it is just that when you hear rejection from every side you start losing hope. and this is quite unexpected , and feels unreal.... i know what everyone is going through so far we all r in the same boat. I wish you and all otherz like us the best of luck and I hope that we all find our destiny soon so that this waiting period ends!

indeed aims....we have to encourage each other.....

you r right mvyr... a few words of encouragement is what every one needs. besides dont u guyz lose hope, i got this email after 6 months, since i applied in june!

you r right mvyr... a few words of encouragement is what every one needs. besides dont u guyz lose hope, i got this email after 6 months, since i applied in june!

Hii Aiims ... care to share your profile please :)

Got email application under review. I'm accepted to PENN, see what will happen.:D

Got email application under review. I'm accepted to PENN, see what will happen.:D

Thanks for sharing information firstmolar........you already got accaptance and sharing information on this thread is really appreciable....It's really helpful for people like me who are waiting to hear from BU....Would you please share your stats??? Anyways, congratulations and wishes for your prosperous future....

Has anyone got any news from BU today? coz i got a FURTHER REVIEW MAIL TODAY. I had review mail in sep. Any invitaitons for jan? sdners please reply if anyone has got invitations for BU in jan? We got to motivate each other in this patience testing journey of ours?

I got application under review mail on 1st week of sept. Today I get another mail from BU saying that my file is on hold for further consideration. Can anyone tell me what it could mean? Has anyone else recd similar email?

Hi ,
I received a mail from BU today saying my application hold after review,I'm confused too:confused: ,what exactly does that mean.I'm really worried now.

I got application under review mail on 1st week of sept. Today I get another mail from BU saying that my file is on hold for further consideration. Can anyone tell me what it could mean? Has anyone else recd similar email?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone got any news from BU today? coz i got a FURTHER REVIEW MAIL TODAY. I had review mail in sep. Any invitaitons for jan? sdners please reply if anyone has got invitations for BU in jan? We got to motivate each other in this patience testing journey of ours?
same here toothfairy... they built hope one day n crushed it the other day!:( so far what i understand i am not being invited for interview .... if they have some seats they may consider after interview is over.... which is highly impossible.... any ways best of luck to all!

but are there any people whom they are interviewing or not??? i can tsee any invites for interview here at sdn...... is anyone invited????? solve this mystery guys.....

but are there any people whom they are interviewing or not??? i can tsee any invites for interview here at sdn...... is anyone invited????? solve this mystery guys.....

They are calling for IV in the month of jan 2011 and Feb. But not all IV are completed still. You can be informed any time....

smbdy sent me pm that he has been invited for 13 th of jan.and one of my friends from bu told me that people have been invited for 3rd week of jan.I am still waiting.........