Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly, if not for this thread I probably would have taken the loss when I was down 70%. You guys gave me the hopium to hold for 3 years and now I'm up 29%. Yeah it could crash at anytime but that's on me if I decide not to sell again.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Honestly, if not for this thread I probably would have taken the loss when I was down 70%. You guys gave me the hopium to hold for 3 years and now I'm up 29%. Yeah it could crash at anytime but that's on me if I decide not to sell again.
But nobody in this thread ever sells. It is going up forever and selling means you miss out on that gain... When it goes down you just buy more, when it goes up you buy more. When it moves sideways you buy more.

Members don't see this ad :)
But nobody in this thread ever sells. It is going up forever and selling means you miss out on that gain... When it goes down you just buy more, when it goes up you buy more. When it moves sideways you buy more.
so that's a good thing. the asset always is higher in any 4 year period since the day you buy since the history of its creation. Sure maybe u could sell in the low 100-120's this cycle or hold it a few more years in 2028 when it will be closer to the 200s. The person who sold in either case still wins and the later who held on 4 years longer had a cagr of close to 20% with volatility of course.

IMO if you don't need the money why sell it. I think if you have a small stash to trade i guess you could sell that portion with the hopes to buy back more in the bear market. I mean I don't sell my stocks since i have a long term outlook. Not sure what's wrong with that same mentality here. Some tech stocks go down 50% in some volatile years too.

Reactions: 1 user

People in this thread have sold.

Wait till Saudi money….

Sure there's that but what about the vanguards, Meryl lynch, BOA, Schwab and maybe a few others who were all not allowing it or didn't have an etf entering the market starting to change their tune. that should be a nice addition to the existing players.

Sure there's that but what about the vanguards, Meryl lynch, BOA, Schwab and maybe a few others who were all not allowing it or didn't have an etf entering the market starting to change their tune. that should be a nice addition to the existing players.

Some (including BOA/Merrill Lynch) are changing their tune already…

Funny how quickly things can change in less than 2 months. And others are sure to follow the money.

I could see vanguard sticking to their guns though. Somebody has to be the contrarian.

Schwab seems to encourage BTC ETFs, they even have a "Schwab Crypto Thematic ETF"

so only about half of AUM major players currently with an ETF or supporting it then?
Yeah that sounds about right… and most are just dipping their toes in so far. Hard to believe these ETFs have only been trading 2 months.

Fun fact, BNB has outperformed BTC and ETH in the past month.

Members don't see this ad :)
We’re in alt season by looking at the memecoins that are going bonkers (maybe a memecoin supercycle). I look for gains vs BTC. With the money printing that we’re experiencing, it’s difficult look at coins that go up in USD. But USD is needed to pay the bills.

Reactions: 1 users
The Dencun upgrade was today but ETH went down 🤔

“In the end, there can be only one.”

mad trump GIF

It’s hard to price something that isn’t a company, isn’t a currency, isn’t a commodity, holds no patents, makes no profits, has no management, could be replaced by a superior alternative for free, etc, so there’s no price at which I’d buy crypto.

Years later and we still don't have an actual "use" for blockchain. It's all about FOMO. I agree with you. This "asset" class is worthless. When the music stops playing.. Just don't be the last one holding thr bag. Human psychology is ultimately what drives the price, and motivations, greed, fear is fairly predictable behavior on a macro scale

Years later and we still don't have an actual "use" for blockchain. It's all about FOMO. I agree with you. This "asset" class is worthless. When the music stops playing.. Just don't be the last one holding thr bag. Human psychology is ultimately what drives the price, and motivations, greed, fear is fairly predictable behavior on a macro scale

Attachments

• IMG_3853.jpeg
    IMG_3853.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 44
It’s funny how the people not in the space are the ones arguing there’s no use case. Where as if you actually sat down and explored the space you would see there are hundreds of legitimate projects launching every year using blockchain technology in the areas of decentralized storage, AI, and decentralized finance lending and borrowing. But they would rather criticize from the sidelines. Same group of people that would have faded the internet in the 1980s and argued it will have no use cases. See you all at 10 trillion

My ****coins are my largest holding now worth over 7 figures themselves

I have wif, popcat, boden, bingus, Kpop

And on base network TYBG and Doginme
Please take profit gradually on the way up (exit to fiat or BTC). I learned the hard way with NFTs. Was up $600k at the peak but round tripped back down to around $30k profit. Was a fun ride, but every meme/trend will gradually get old.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
It’s funny how the people not in the space are the ones arguing there’s no use case. Where as if you actually sat down and explored the space you would see there are hundreds of legitimate projects launching every year using blockchain technology in the areas of decentralized storage, AI, and decentralized finance lending and borrowing. But they would rather criticize from the sidelines. Same group of people that would have faded the internet in the 1980s and argued it will have no use cases. See you all at 10 trillion

I believe the term is called mid-curve. lol

• Love

Dude I know how enticing it is. But can u please explain how cryptocurrency goes up 15,000% in a few years? What justifies this increase in value? Is the application of the technology worth that? Objectively the answer is no. It is a bubble and just like any other bubble requires FOMO and more suckers to keep the grift going.

Even you say so yourself. "Institutional interest" in cryptocurrency will drive up the price. Ok? But for what application? None really. They aren't actually using blockchain for the purported benefits of blockchain. They are using it as an asset. Just another example of FOMO and more suckers to the grinder.

I'm happy you guys are making bank on this, but like i said before dont bet the farm on it. And take some money out. don't confuse being mid-pack on an asset bubble as being smart about anything.

I was a high school kid in the late 90s and I was 100% convinced of its growth and application to revolutinize communication, knowledge, commerce. And it did with every passing year. I remember the craze with the dotcom boom and the bust that followed. Lots of bad start up internet companies with no mission and no real way of becoming profitable failed. Was I surprised? No. Only a small fraction of those companies survived.

Now, how long has bitcoin been around? What does it do aside from being an asset? How about ETH? How about all the ****coins? Don't make this stupid comparison between internet and blockchain. Not the same.

Last edited:
Dude I know how enticing it is. But can u please explain how cryptocurrency goes up 15,000% in a few years? What justifies this increase in value? Is the application of the technology worth that? Objectively the answer is no. It is a bubble and just like any other bubble requires FOMO and more suckers to keep the grift going.

The only thing that goes up 15,000% in a few years are the meme coins which I admit have no use case. But to say block chain technology has no use case is a reach

I'm okay with this.

I don't have a use case for stocks either. I don't own any Apple products but I'll buy the stock. They sit in my account and I watch the numbers go up or down over time. Swap the stock tickers with BTC or ETH and it's all the same to me.

Yeah it makes no sense but neither did GME, AMC, TSLA etc.

I'm okay with this.

I don't have a use case for stocks either. I don't own any Apple products but I'll buy the stock. They sit in my account and I watch the numbers go up or down over time. Swap the stock tickers with BTC or ETH and it's all the same to me.

If that's how u want to see it then that's totally fine. But some of the people here on this board think they are geniuses about it.

Yeah it makes no sense but neither did GME, AMC, TSLA etc.

2 of these 3 stocks u listed are meme stocks.

The only thing that goes up 15,000% in a few years are the meme coins which I admit have no use case. But to say block chain technology has no use case is a reach

When u buy a BTC at 72,000$ what exactly are I buying a portion of? The profits made from blockchain? No. The technology of blockchain? No. Does it represent the royalties made when blockchain technology is used? No.

So in reality the underlying technology means nothing. what dictates it's value aside from what some one else thinks it's worth? I mean it's basically the same idea as tulipmania or any other asset bubble. People buy because they think it will only go up.

For four years I’ve been telling the mid-curves that big business and smart money is coming. It was laughed at. It’s been adopted by juridstictions. Now there’s an ETF (the greatest opening of any ETF in the history of ETF). Smart money is here and now we see price going up. And there’s still doubt. I haven’t even gotten to the technology that brings back property rights back by cryptography. At this point I don’t want any mid curve have any exposure to crypto. I’d rather they get it sold to them by their money guys. lol

When u buy a BTC at 72,000$ what exactly are I buying a portion of? The profits made from blockchain? No. The technology of blockchain? No. Does it represent the royalties made when blockchain technology is used? No.

So in reality the underlying technology means nothing. what dictates it's value aside from what some one else thinks it's worth? I mean it's basically the same idea as tulipmania or any other asset bubble. People buy because they think it will only go up.

I Understand where ur coming from and ur not necessarily wrong. However, enough people have bought into this 1.5 trillion asset over 14 years where if it was going to die it would have already happened. The dollar debasing and half the money ever being printed over covid have people looking elsewhere and this likely is the winner with blackrock, fidelity, cnbc and fox feeding it daily to the public.

U can keep ur views on this and sit on the sidelines but all u will see is a Rollercoaster graph with higher tops and lower lows as we move forward.

Just be ok that in a few years the price will be 300-500k because due to the regulation, worldwide etfs, even most governements officials in the states being ok with it largely dur to the finks of the world telling them. This is the safest and strongest this type of investment has ever been. Buy 1 btc or some ibit equivalent. Ull be kicking urself someday otherwise.

Boy is this thread popular today!!

Meanwhile, I bought the dip at 69k and we’re already back up to 72k 😎

Boy is this thread popular today!!

Meanwhile, I bought the dip at 69k and we’re already back up to 72k 😎

It's most active during all time highs!

I just think of it as digital real estate. The person I bought my house from paid under 200k for it in the 90s. Back then he had his pick of the litter, he could choose any new house in the new neighborhood that he wanted. I had to pay over 700k a few years ago for this used house. Now there are like 10 houses for sale in my town, and none on my street. Why do old houses cost over a million dollars now? Because that's what people are willing to pay for it.

My ****coins are my largest holding now worth over 7 figures themselves

I have wif, popcat, boden, bingus, Kpop

And on base network TYBG and Doginme
Philosophical discussion aside, any tips on how you are picking your meme coins to hold on to?

I'm down a bit because of the number of rug pulls, what strategies are you using?

I've tried sniper bots, copy trading bots, unibot on solana, technical analysis of new releases, etc. due to number of rugpulls I would've been better off just holding solana in the first place haha. Any tips on how you are picking gems like wif and boden ahead of the curve?

Philosophical discussion aside, any tips on how you are picking your meme coins to hold on to?

I'm down a bit because of the number of rug pulls, what strategies are you using?

I've tried sniper bots, copy trading bots, unibot on solana, technical analysis of new releases, etc. due to number of rugpulls I would've been better off just holding solana in the first place haha. Any tips on how you are picking gems like wif and boden ahead of the curve?

This sector is all about attention. You are thinking too much about it. When you look at something and just think it’s amusing in anyway or you relate to it that means many others will feel the same. Don’t bet on initial traders more than you’re willing to lose on one trade. Also the big players like wif and popcat still room to run and are established winners. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to add to those if you have a smal port already. Stick to winners and don’t try to rotate too much

Gotta say, crypto taxes are a nightmare. In 2021 I had hundreds of day trades, so I've been paying for Koinly each year to report the taxes. Kraken sent a 1099 for 2023 that combined all staking rewards from 2021-2023. I already paid income taxes in 2021 and 2022, but Kraken did not report the rewards those years. So now I have to pay income tax on 3 years of staking rewards in 2023, and then amend my 21 and 22 taxes wtf. All cause of this stupid 1099.

I'm selling all my crypto between 24-25 and during the next bear market I'm just gonna stick with the ETF.

• Wow