Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
BTC just broke 70k
And ETH just broke 4k

BOOM!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
People really like to sell at 69k

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Imagine losing money on BTC when it hits ATH.

• Haha
I would hate to be short BTC right nowā€¦

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpeg
    IMG_0185.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 32
This Bull run is gonna be so massive, that even the biggest haters here will have exposure (direct or indirect) and will have to admit they were wrong and BTC and crypto is here to stay as an emerging asset.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How dumb will we feel selling something for 200 now when it more than likely will go for multiples of this in a few years?

Not as dumb as the guy who paid 10,000 BTC for 2 large pizzas from papa Johnā€™s šŸ˜‚

But seriously what good is making successful investments if you never cash in and realize your gains?

Life is short and the future is not guaranteed.

I hear you. But at this point if it gets into the 6 figs it will conservatively double every 4 years with etfs and adoption. I fear less and less this is going to somehow go away now that the blackrocks, fidelities are in and have multiple more funds planned. This may be the most secure btc has ever been.

Now don't get me wrong if selling will change your lifestyle i get that. But selling to invest it somewhere else for example index funds not sure. I also get the vegas approach where you sell at least your cost basis plus little extra and let the rest ride.
Adoption isnā€™t even possible. The transactions are too slow. If you use other coins for transactions, then the supply becomes unlimited and the (imaginary) value goes down to nothing.

Adoption isnā€™t even possible. The transactions are too slow. If you use other coins for transactions, then the supply becomes unlimited and the (imaginary) value goes down to nothing.

sure that's all fair. But I see a 50% upside in the next 12 months here. What do you invest in VTI, bonds, gold? Those are all great if you already have significant investable assets and are mid career plus into your journey where a 4-5% yearly return outpaces your spending for the year.

sure that's all fair. But I see a 50% upside in the next 12 months here. What do you invest in VTI, bonds, gold? Those are all great if you already have significant investable assets and are mid career plus into your journey where a 4-5% yearly return outpaces your spending for the year.
VOO, VIIIX
DODGX
MGK
FZROX
VTI
VB, DFFVX
VT

I also own AMZN, NVDA, BRK-B, MSFT. Theyā€™ve done very well, but I plan to sell and buy more etfs. My individual stock purchases have done better than I could have hoped, but Iā€™ll own plenty of these in my other funds so no need to be over invested in a few companies. You could argue that MGK isnā€™t diversified enough, but itā€™s better than individual stock picking.

Itā€™s funny the 100% equities proponent doesnā€™t want to be too risky with individual stocks šŸ˜‚.

Anyway, Iā€™m just answering the question even though itā€™s getting off topic. You can go back to celebrating the soaring crypto. I just hope thereā€™s profit left to take when you all decide to sell.

The real question is if we hit 200's this cycle that means probably 400's in 2028 and then close to 1m in 2032.

How dumb will we feel selling something for 200 now when it more than likely will go for multiples of this in a few years?

There's 21 million BTC. If they're all worth a million, does that much money exist in the world?

VOO, VIIIX
DODGX
MGK
FZROX
VTI
VB, DFFVX
VT

I also own AMZN, NVDA, BRK-B, MSFT. Theyā€™ve done very well, but I plan to sell and buy more etfs. My individual stock purchases have done better than I could have hoped, but Iā€™ll own plenty of these in my other funds so no need to be over invested in a few companies. You could argue that MGK isnā€™t diversified enough, but itā€™s better than individual stock picking.

Itā€™s funny the 100% equities proponent doesnā€™t want to be too risky with individual stocks šŸ˜‚.

Anyway, Iā€™m just answering the question even though itā€™s getting off topic. You can go back to celebrating the soaring crypto. I just hope thereā€™s profit left to take when you all decide to sell.

Thanks. Are you mid career or less doc or a 20 year+ vet in the field? It's helpful to know as it helps frame your investment experience and its applicability to others.

VOO, VIIIX
DODGX
MGK
FZROX
VTI
VB, DFFVX
VT

Wouldn't 100% VTI be pretty much the same as owning all of those?

Is there a stock thread where you guys post? Wanted to ask your thoughts of buying NVDA.

• Haha
Wouldn't 100% VTI be pretty much the same as owning all of those?
Not really. VTI is only 6% small cap and 0% international. Owning multiple funds lets me control my % investment in different areas more than just going with VTI.

I actually have more funds than I listed with lots of overlap in holdings based on whatā€™s available in various accounts.

BTC bounced from 68k to 72k overnight, so random.

Anyone taking profits yet or are we still early?

Institutional race to get exposure. Hope people see whatā€™s going on. Itā€™s not just $MSTR and the ETFā€™s. Movements at this price require a lot of capital. My guess is international Sovereign wealth funds. Iā€™m still accumulating BTC and moving to cold storage and trading some alts for more $BTC and $USD.

Apparently Saylor bought 12,000 more BTC at $68.4

Guess he wanted to have more than Black Rock.

Institutional race to get exposure. Hope people see whatā€™s going on. Itā€™s not just $MSTR and the ETFā€™s. Movements at this price require a lot of capital. My guess is international Sovereign wealth funds. Iā€™m still accumulating BTC and moving to cold storage and trading some alts for more $BTC and $USD.

qatar investing and london exchanges getting the green light on btc etfs. Compound all this with FOMO. constant cnbc rant on btc. i dont even want to think when it gets close to 6 figs toward the end of this year possibly.

Weā€™re on the cusp of a parabolic rise.

I never imagined a 6 fig btc in 2024. I'm not holding my breath that it happens by halving +3 months though i might fall down if it did somehow. I think that's too much hopium. I'm pleasantly surprised this is happening.i feel weird being sub 40 and now pondering if part time maybe in the cards at the end of this cycle.

Last edited:
I never imagined a 6 fig btc in 2024. I'm not holding my breath that it happens by halving +3 months I think that's too much hopium. I'm pleasantly surprised this is happening.i feel weird being sub 40 and now pondering if part time maybe in the cards at the end of this cycle.
Define ā€˜cycleā€™ and its rationale or underlying cause.

Bitcoin has run in 4-year cycles since its inception without exception. The main catalyst is the halving of the block reward.

Will the 4-year cycle continue in the future? No one knows.

Check this outā€¦

Do you see any trends? (Hint: look at the green and red colors).

Maybe itā€™s just a coincidence šŸ¤”

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 31
Update: I crossed another milestone today - crypto investments are currently $150k in the green.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Update: I crossed another milestone today - crypto investments are currently $150k in the green.
Your picture goes perfectly with that statement, and this whole thread for that matter.

at what price do you think you will buy some?
Itā€™s hard to price something that isnā€™t a company, isnā€™t a currency, isnā€™t a commodity, holds no patents, makes no profits, has no management, could be replaced by a superior alternative for free, etc, so thereā€™s no price at which Iā€™d buy crypto.

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 5 users
Itā€™s hard to price something that isnā€™t a company, isnā€™t a currency, isnā€™t a commodity, holds no patents, makes no profits, has no management, could be replaced by a superior alternative for free, etc, so thereā€™s no price at which Iā€™d buy crypto.

Are you waiting for it to crash to tell us "I told you so"? Probably 12-18 months until that happens.

Are you waiting for it to crash to tell us "I told you so"? Probably 12-18 months until that happens.
No. Iā€™d recommend selling but itā€™ll probably keep going up like GameStop but without even the failing company to justify any valuation.

No. Iā€™d recommend selling but itā€™ll probably keep going up like GameStop but without even the failing company to justify any valuation.
Why would you recommend selling something that you admit you think will ā€œprobably keep going upā€?

Sounds like bad advice to me?

• Hmm
Why would you recommend selling something that you admit you think will ā€œprobably keep going upā€?

Sounds like bad advice to me?
Iā€™m would recommend selling because itā€™s a scam. Itā€™s all hype and no substance.
I wouldnā€™t recommend selling because you can make money if you sell before the collapse.
Give the above, I donā€™t recommend anything.
Good luck.

No need to convince the sideliners. When you have Larry fink on Fox News pumping your bags for you the outcome is inevitable