Be ahead of the curve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unfortunately, that doesn’t make it not a sh**coin. Many have come and gone, many have made people rich and people poor, doesn’t make it any less useless. Pure hype and greed, IMO. Don’t be a bagholder.

I mean it's crypto. Doge and SHIB are **** but they were consistently in the top ten market caps too.

Members don't see this ad.

Its gonna get the boomer money before any other thats for sure. They gonna hear 1-3% and be like yeah yeah whatever thats fine.

I have a very strong feeling that while we may come close to ATH before halving we won't break it. Even if we do slightly it then corrects to mid or low 50s and sideways till q3-q4 like clockwork. Remember banks want in now too and a bunch of the big wigs vanguard, BOA, meryl lynch, Schwab, morgan stanley and various etfs around the world are imo going to make sure it doesn't get out of control till their bags are packed.

Darn, so the "correction" will only be in the mid 50s, the same price as last week? I was hoping for low 40s to buy FBTC in my Roth. It went up way faster than I anticipated.

Darn, so the "correction" will only be in the mid 50s, the same price as last week? I was hoping for low 40s to buy FBTC in my Roth. It went up way faster than I anticipated.

No one knows. I hope ur right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone thought of selling their coins and putting the funds into the ETF? I'm considering this. It's annoying having a wallet with a seed phrase and reporting transactions for taxes.

Has anyone thought of selling their coins and putting the funds into the ETF? I'm considering this. It's annoying having a wallet with a seed phrase and reporting transactions for taxes.
Yeah I have thought about this too.

I find taxes through Coinbase very easy. For on chain stuff sorting out defi lending etc really can be a pain but there are some tools out there I used in the past that makes importing into TurboTax easy. CoinTracker.io

All fun & games until some disgruntled guy at Fidelity who has access to the ETF wallets moves every coin their ETF holds to his own and then jumps off a bridge.

Isn't the whole point of you guys holding crypto to have the currency of the future without the banks and governments getting in the way? If you're not holding the coins yourself, they're not yours, right?

Or is it just currency speculation now, timing cycles to extract money from this episode's dumb money investors?

All fun & games until some disgruntled guy at Fidelity who has access to the ETF wallets moves every coin their ETF holds to his own and then jumps off a bridge.

Isn't the whole point of you guys holding crypto to have the currency of the future without the banks and governments getting in the way? If you're not holding the coins yourself, they're not yours, right?

Or is it just currency speculation now, timing cycles to extract money from this episode's dumb money investors?
Yeah, or takes all the coins and moves to Moscow.

So if that happened, would the ETF go to zero?

BTC went over 64k today. This run up is fast!

Sold all of my BTC and ETH last year to pay my tax bill. Thought I was getting out at a decent time at 30k-ish. 😔

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
66,500 and rising!! Will we break the ATH this week?? A month *before* the halving?!?

You have clearly been ahead of the game and times on starting this thread.
I am curious as to what your price prediction ranges are for both BTC and ETH for 2024 highs and then their 2025 cycle peak.
Here are mine:

BTC/ETH high in 2024 : 60-65 btc, 3500-4000 eth

BTC/ETH cycle top 2025 conservative ranges: 75-85 btc, 4500-5500 eth

My first conservative target for btc 2024 high has been invalidated as of this morning. I would love my 2025 numbers to follow suit maybe that could have chances to happen in 2024 too but 85k seems far.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So if that happened, would the ETF go to zero?
No idea. Presumably there's some measure of insurance or credit default swaps or some other mechanism to hedge rare but catastrophic risks. I would imagine another heist aka "crypto working as intended" would affect market confidence and price.

Not that I think any of that is going to happen.

Anyway -

I own gold but don't buy gold ETFs.

I don't own BTC but if I did I'd OWN it and not buy BTC ETFs.

No idea. Presumably there's some measure of insurance or credit default swaps or some other mechanism to hedge rare but catastrophic risks. I would imagine another heist aka "crypto working as intended" would affect market confidence and price.

Not that I think any of that is going to happen.

Anyway -

I own gold but don't buy gold ETFs.

I don't own BTC but if I did I'd OWN it and not buy BTC ETFs.

I am guessing your well diversified and deep into your career where it makes no difference if you invest in this asset,

What would need to change for you to dabble or even suggest to others that this class may be worthwhile?

Possible, but unlikely at this point IMO. Even a drop to 40K wouldn’t change my thesis. The structure of the price action is quite bullish. Enjoy it till the next bear market.

Does ur dca strategy change at all when we go up by 20k in 10 days... its hard not to emotionally think a pullback is time to buy

I am guessing your well diversified and deep into your career where it makes no difference if you invest in this asset,

What would need to change for you to dabble or even suggest to others that this class may be worthwhile?
Evidence that it's even a little bit useful for any of the things its proponents say it is.

The only positive things I'll say about bitcoin are that some friends have made money with it, and recent changes have made it less of an eco-terrorist's energy wasting dream.

I don't recommend that anyone engage in speculative investing or currency trading.

or a massive ripcord

It's kinda expected at this point, but it should also keep going back up after it happens.

In April to May 2021 it fell from 58k to 35k before rocketing to 69k in Nov 2021.

So where is all this money going to come from to pump BTC up to 100k+? The ETFs? Will people sell stocks to buy crypto? With stocks at all time highs, is there that much cash on the sidelines to add another 1-2 trillion in market cap? And where was all this cash last time?

1000020331.png

It still doesn't feel real to be green. I was down 56% a year ago.

Since 69 is a meme, I think price hits ~69K and then crash. Dips will be bought tho.
Honestly, I could see it going either way…

Bag holders who bought the 2021 top may be committed to sell the next time it breaks ATH…

on the other hand, bitcoin breaking a new ATH *should* be a news headline in most major media outlets. The fomo that kind of attention brings could be HUGE.

Have to say, I wasn’t expecting this… when will bitcoin and Nvidia go back down? I sold out of each a few weeks ago because it doesn’t make sense!

Have to say, I wasn’t expecting this… when will bitcoin and Nvidia go back down? I sold out of each a few weeks ago because it doesn’t make sense!

I mean NVDA has earnings so it kinda makes sense? Can't say the same for BTC, I'm just along for the ride.

Defi GIF by YIELD

You can't go wrong with the above. I don't know anything but I know 2028 will make today look like a joke.

Starting to believe possible 7 figs in 2032 may not be as delusional anymore.
I got sand hands!

1709603178221.jpeg

Defi GIF by YIELD

You can't go wrong with the above. I don't know anything but I know 2028 will make today look like a joke.

Starting to believe possible close to 7 figs in 2032 may not be as delusional anymore.

Do you plan to sell any during 2024-2025?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/stanford-university-blyth-fund-allocates-7-percent-portfolio-bitcoin

Stanford’s Blyth Fund allocates 7% of its portfolio to Bitcoin

Kole Lee, the leader of Stanford’s Blockchain Club, pitched the student-run fund to invest in BlackRock’s spot Bitcoin ETF as early as February.

An investment fund that manages a portion of Stanford University’s endowment has as much as 7% of its portfolio dedicated to Bitcoin
investments.

On March 5, computer science major and leader at the Stanford Blockchain Club Kole Lee announced that the university’s student-run Blyth Fund allocated around 7% of the portfolio to BTC following his pitch to the fund in February.

“Stanford Endowment has bought Bitcoin at $45,000,” he said before adding that he pitched BlackRock’s IBIT exchange-traded fund (ETF) to the Blyth Fund.

His arguments, “which tried to remain as objectively bullish as possible while catering to an audience of skeptics,” revolved around three key factors: ETF inflows, crypto market cycles and a hedge against “monetary chaos and war,” he said.

His arguments, “which tried to remain as objectively bullish as possible while catering to an audience of skeptics,” revolved around three key factors: ETF inflows, crypto market cycles and a hedge against “monetary chaos and war,” he said.

Lee told Cointelegraph that the Blyth Fund is a student-run investment club “committed to their members investing within their skill sets and passions” before adding:

“The Blyth Funds are separately managed funds that are part of the expandable fund pool and give discretion in investing decisions to students. Thus, I thought the ETF was a wonderful opportunity for Blyth to buy Bitcoin.”
Lee speculated that when the all-time high of $69,000 is broken, “billions of shorts will be covered, and people will become excited at ATHs, enhancing a volatile move to the upside.”

BlackRock wants BTC exposure in $36.5B high-yield fund

Meanwhile, asset manager BlackRock filed an amendment with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission on March 4 to incorporate Bitcoin exposure in its Strategic Income Opportunities Fund (BSIIX).

It stated that it may purchase shares in funds that have direct exposure to the price of BTC.

The fixed-income SIO fund currently has $36.5 billion in assets under management, according to BlackRock.

The firm’s recently launched spot Bitcoin ETF, IBIT, is the best-performing of the newly launched batch of 10 funds. This week, it surpassed $11 billion in assets under management and had an inflow of $420 million on March 4.

First Yale, now Stanford. What are they thinking? Soon more universities and corporations will include Bitcoin or a BTC ETF on their balance sheet. It’s like a new paradigm of digital value is emerging right before our eyes. Shame some of the most intelligent people can’t see it happening.

And… we’re heading back up - closing in on 69k again!!

What a ride 😎

It’s over guys, pack your bags

How can the government allow this to happen???

I’m calling bitcoin ceo and demanding my money back

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
It’s over guys, pack your bags

How can the government allow this to happen???

I’m calling bitcoin ceo and demanding my money back
Yup, bull market over - it was fun while it lasted. Bitcoin going to ZERO now. 😞

Any predictions for when the selloff ends? I'll throw out around 50k.

nice to see my net worth hit an ATH today. crypto/stock gains paid my loans as a pgy1 (mistake in retrospect). Now I’m better off than a good amount of junior attendings. Feeling very blessed

Reactions: 2 users
I thought you didn't want to increase your average from the 30s LoL.
Kinda changed my mind… plus it would take quite a bit of buying at 50 to pull my average up into the 40s

This dip is getting bought up fast.

ETH is back at 3700 already 💪

You think SVB is the only bank with massive holes in their balance sheets?

Seems like NY Community bank (which bought the assets of signature bank March 2023) is on life support and the plug will be pulled sooner than later. The the 1 year Bank Term Funding Program (BTFP) which paid banks the full amount of their under water Treasuries was not renewed. Not sure how the other small banks in the same situation will survive without a Bailout (or buyouts by the mega banks). The further consolidation of the banking industry is not good for us consumers. Hopefully the answer is not a CBDC.