ATSU/SOMA (Arizona) Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah but i'm not going to live in MO.

I hear you. But like everything else in life, you get what you put into it. If you're really into OMM (as I am), you'll find ways to learn it. And as Needleman said, the OPP staff are very generous with their time at answering questions. And Dr. Heath is on the UAAO advisory board, so she's very often available at the OMM practice sessions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Missouri isn't so bad. Admittedly Kirksville is a little frustrating with only one main two lane road to get there but almost all of the students are only there for two years before moving to different sites, including Arizona, for the last two years of rotations. The students from places like California said it wasn't so bad just for those two years. If you are interested in OMM and are willing to make a shortterm sacrifice then their program is great. For myself, I am more interested in serving in a CHC.

And FYI: most of the CHC links are on page 3.

I definitely would have done Kirksville instead, but there's no way my wife would have been able to find a job there.

With the acceptance packet there is a long list of apartments/condos/etc. Does anyone have any info concerning where most people are living? I am married with no children and looking to find a location where there are similar married couples with/without kids. Also, are there any groups for spouses/significant others?

Most ATSU students I know live in my complex, Colonial Grand, a bit less than a mile west of campus. Close enough for me to sneak in a bit of cardio every day by speedwalking to/from school between an orange grove and a cornfield.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heyo -

I'm also a first year (heyo EastWest). In regards to our OPP curriculum - SOMA gets the same number of hours training-wise as KCOM does their first and second years. We also have the advantage in that our OPP curriculum is going to continue through years 3-4, as opposed to every other DO school where their OPP curriculum STOPS after year 2.

This obvious shortcoming was paid particularly close attention to during the curriculum design by our OPP Director, Dr. Kirsch. So in my humble opinion, SOMA is going to be a better place for a continuum of OPP training. As someone who plans on incorporating these skills into their practice, I am VERY pleased to be here.

True, but who knows what kind of OPP training the CHC instructors have? It's a crapshoot. And some CHCs just aren't receptive to OMM.

True, but who knows what kind of OPP training the CHC instructors have? It's a crapshoot. And some CHCs just aren't receptive to OMM.

Our facilitators aren't the ones teaching the OPP. Dr. Kirsch has been recruiting specific faculty at each site for that, so no, it is most definitely not a crapshoot. Talk to Dr. Kirsch if you are unsure about next year!

Hi everyone,
I had my interview at ATSU-SOMA on Friday, March 7th 2008. I was a bit anxious to hear the decision, so I just called Joyce Haynie few minutes ago and asked when to expect the response. She said that the ADCOM meeting was cancelled this week and will probably happen next week. The reply should follow on March 24th.
Just wanted to share this info with those of you who are just as anxious as I am.

I appreciate the post, I have been sweating the fact I haven't heard anything yet. I guess I get to have these butterflies in my stomach for another week, but that beats a rejection letter.

Our facilitators aren't the ones teaching the OPP. Dr. Kirsch has been recruiting specific faculty at each site for that, so no, it is most definitely not a crapshoot. Talk to Dr. Kirsch if you are unsure about next year!

Ok talked with Dr. Kirsch today. This is the OMM plan for yrs 2-4. Each CHC will have a designated, OMM faculty who will continue the OMM training like year 1, with weekly 4 hr training sessions between the 10 2nd yrs at each CHC. In our 3rd year, during rotations we will each be assigned to come back once a month to one of these weekly practices to both practice and assist the facilitator in teaching the 2nd years--This means every weekly OMM session will have approx. 2 3rd years involved. Year 4 which is a bit more tricky due to elective rotations possibly away from the CHC, is still according to Kirsch supposed to be mandatory (if you are in town) once a month trainings in which 4th years again come back on assigned weeks to practice and assist the facilitator. So in my 4th year, me and another 4th year come back on one 'Thursday' a month to practice OMM, with 1 facilitator, two 3rd years, and ten 2nd years. Should make for a great learning environment, if it works. So i take one of my previous posts back--Doc Khalsa we potentially have the BEST OMM training among all the other COMs!!:thumbup:

PS. DK as I mentioned before Brooklyn CHC has its own fellowship in OMM, so its is arguably the best CHC for learning OMM. (But dont quote me on that yet--give us 3 more years)

Ok talked with Dr. Kirsch today. This is the OMM plan for yrs 2-4. Each CHC will have a designated, OMM faculty who will continue the OMM training like year 1, with weekly 4 hr training sessions between the 10 2nd yrs at each CHC. In our 3rd year, during rotations we will each be assigned to come back once a month to one of these weekly practices to both practice and assist the facilitator in teaching the 2nd years--This means every weekly OMM session will have approx. 2 3rd years involved. Year 4 which is a bit more tricky due to elective rotations possibly away from the CHC, is still according to Kirsch supposed to be mandatory (if you are in town) once a month trainings in which 4th years again come back on assigned weeks to practice and assist the facilitator. So in my 4th year, me and another 4th year come back on one 'Thursday' a month to practice OMM, with 1 facilitator, two 3rd years, and ten 2nd years. Should make for a great learning environment, if it works. So i take one of my previous posts back--Doc Khalsa we potentially have the BEST OMM training among all the other COMs!!:thumbup:

PS. DK as I mentioned before Brooklyn CHC has its own fellowship in OMM, so its is arguably the best CHC for learning OMM. (But dont quote me on that yet--give us 3 more years)
thanks eastwest, that is great news. makes me want to go to ATSU more. they have my MCAT scores now, and I am awaiting the call/correspondence any day now. do they call or write? anyway lets hope the low MCAT is enough with the high GPA and experience. ps.. you said brooklyn is full, correct?

Most ATSU students I know live in my complex, Colonial Grand, a bit less than a mile west of campus. Close enough for me to sneak in a bit of cardio every day by speedwalking to/from school between an orange grove and a cornfield.

I, too, am looking for housing in Mesa. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I need at least a 2 bedroom 1 bath. Are there any students leaving who are interested in passing me their contract?

I, too, am looking for housing in Mesa. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I need at least a 2 bedroom 1 bath. Are there any students leaving who are interested in passing me their contract?

Have you received your log on to my.atsu.edu? Look under forums and there is a housing forum. Most of the postings are looking for people to take over ASAP.

Hi everyone,
I had my interview at ATSU-SOMA on Friday, March 7th 2008. I was a bit anxious to hear the decision, so I just called Joyce Haynie few minutes ago and asked when to expect the response. She said that the ADCOM meeting was cancelled this week and will probably happen next week. The reply should follow on March 24th.
Just wanted to share this info with those of you who are just as anxious as I am.

Yeah, I was just gonna post this, its too bad, I guess they must be on spring break or something? I dunno. So I guess the suspense continues! Im just bumbed I had to send in my DCOM deposit and risk losing it if I get into SOMA. DCOM is a fantastic school so its all good, but SOMA is a better fit for what I want to go into. Definately gonna be hard to enjoy Easter, im gonna be so nervous!:scared:

Yeah, I was just gonna post this, its too bad, I guess they must be on spring break or something? I dunno. So I guess the suspense continues! Im just bumbed I had to send in my DCOM deposit and risk losing it if I get into SOMA. DCOM is a fantastic school so its all good, but SOMA is a better fit for what I want to go into. Definately gonna be hard to enjoy Easter, im gonna be so nervous!:scared:

It is a small price to pay in the long run but yeah, I wouldn't want to lose 2K either. It would be much better spent on a nice TV. DCOM does have a higher deposit than what I've seen so far but at least you're in somewhere. I'd be happy with that and enjoy your easter or SB. GL.

Members don't see this ad :)

I know losing the money is hard. Last year I was already set to go to another school, and had my $2000 already deposited by the school, before I even had an interview at SOMA. When I came to SOMA for my interview I told my family and friends I would have to blown away to want to turn down my other acceptance. Well i was, and so lost the money. But really you need to decide on the school that best fits you. The pain of losing that money quickly gets forgotten when you know you are going to the school that YOU want to go to.

Oh and if money is an issue for the SOMA deposit, talk to Joyce they are flexible with the deposit if you decide on SOMA. ;)

I know losing the money is hard. Last year I was already set to go to another school, and had my $2000 already deposited by the school, before I even had an interview at SOMA. When I came to SOMA for my interview I told my family and friends I would have to blown away to want to turn down my other acceptance. Well i was, and so lost the money. But really you need to decide on the school that best fits you. The pain of losing that money quickly gets forgotten when you know you are going to the school that YOU want to go to.

Oh and if money is an issue for the SOMA deposit, talk to Joyce they are flexible with the deposit if you decide on SOMA. ;)

Thanks! I know SOMA is for me so I will just have to lose the 2K if I get in, makes me feel a little better that this happens to people all the time, you just do what you gotta do! Thanks goodness for my parents though and cash advances on thier credit, because my journey into being completely broke has just began! haha!

If I want to be a "Hometown Applicant" do I just need someone from a CHC to send in a letter of recomendation or do I need to fill out a specific form? I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.

If I want to be a "Hometown Applicant" do I just need someone from a CHC to send in a letter of recomendation or do I need to fill out a specific form? I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.

I just went to the CHC website that I wanted to go to that is nearby where I live and there was a hometown application on the site. A few days after filling it out the director of the CHC called me and said he would send a recomendation on my behalf to SOMA. Good luck!

I just went to the CHC website that I wanted to go to that is nearby where I live and there was a hometown application on the site. A few days after filling it out the director of the CHC called me and said he would send a recomendation on my behalf to SOMA. Good luck!

So I checked the CHC I want to go to and another CHC near my house and neither of them had any information about hometown applicants on their websites. I am thinking I will just have somebody write me a letter of recommendation. Thanks for the help.

Also, just because I can't stop thinking about my chances of getting in, what are the odds of somebody with a 2.9 science GPA and a 31 on the MCAT getting into SOMA? I had a chance to interview but I don't know if I am really that competitive with the low GPA.

Fluidsmash -

Your relatively strong MCAT should balance out your science GPA. The school is looking for balanced applicants who will do well in our curriculum, not just those with the highest numbers.
If you think SOMA is a good fit for you, definitely come and interview. Even if you're not sure, come and interview! By the end of the day you will know whether this is the place for you.

What CHC websites were you looking at? One of us can probably obtain contact info for any of the ten CHCs.

My wife and I are looking at out finances, and the allowable limit for student loans just doesn't look like it will be enough. We plan to apply for WIC, but we want to know what other assistance programs are out there and if anyone has had success using them.

My wife and I are looking at out finances, and the allowable limit for student loans just doesn't look like it will be enough. We plan to apply for WIC, but we want to know what other assistance programs are out there and if anyone has had success using them.

Are you also taking into consideration Grad Plus loans?? If you take the complete amount of student loans out its something close to $65,000 a year. Minus tuition and costs, approx. $35,000, you end up with about $30,000 a year for living expenses. Its enough to get by. If your wife is planning on working it makes it easier, but others in my class get by on just the student allowance with wife and kids, so it can be done. Just remember its med school and expenses got to be cut down. Is your wife pregnant? Im asking cause your taking about WIC. Great program! Good luck.

Fluidsmash -

Your relatively strong MCAT should balance out your science GPA. The school is looking for balanced applicants who will do well in our curriculum, not just those with the highest numbers.
If you think SOMA is a good fit for you, definitely come and interview. Even if you're not sure, come and interview! By the end of the day you will know whether this is the place for you.

What CHC websites were you looking at? One of us can probably obtain contact info for any of the ten CHCs.

Thanks for the encouragment. The CHC I would like to be endorsed from is actually not one of the ten clinical sites, it is called Virginia Garcia in Oregon. Also I already interviewed and just found out that it is too late to get the endorsement. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

I'm trying to get in touch with anyone joining the ATSU 2012 class that is looking for roommates to live with for the first year in Mesa. I don't know anyone who has been accepted, and figured other people would like to get to know some potential roommates before we all move out there. If any of you have facebook, there is a group for ATSU 2012. Just search ATSU and you will see it. Anyone interested in finding a roommate is welcome to check all of us out on facebook or message me, etc. Thanks so much!!:luck:

Hello All,

I am currently an OMS-1 at SOMA and will be shipping off to Hawaii this summer. I am also in the US Army HPSP program and if you have any questions at all about the school, where to live, what its like, tips, and anything else it feel free to ask. I should check the site regularly.

Hello All,

I am currently an OMS-1 at SOMA and will be shipping off to Hawaii this summer. I am also in the US Army HPSP program and if you have any questions at all about the school, where to live, what its like, tips, and anything else it feel free to ask. I should check the site regularly.
hey crunchy, i am looking into the HPSP and actually already applied. i just need a letter of acceptance to get things rolling. was ATSU receptive to the whole HPSP thing? How does the HPSP thing jive with the CHC thing? any insight is welcome. thanks
dpsk

Hello Khalsa,

I am not too sure how the HPSP is going to play out with the CHC's yet. We will have to find out. As of right now I cannot attend the training required for the first year students of the HPSP program but myself and the other HPSPer's have gotten waivers. So far so good really. To tell you the truth it makes things really nice during the year because money is not an issue. A WORD OF WARNING: You may want to take out student loans your first year, regardless. This way you can actually rent an apartment because most will require income far more than you can make with just the stipend. That is unless you get the new 20,000 signing bonus. IF you get that you should be golden for sure especially when moving costs to the CHC are barely covered (as my class is finding out right now, but this may be different next year). I think though that next year will be much more tight and cohesive as far as organization goes. Hopefully we can smooth out the bumps in the road :p

Hello All,

NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!I think I know who this is, but NO names on SDN;)

Hello Khalsa,

I am not too sure how the HPSP is going to play out with the CHC's yet. We will have to find out. As of right now I cannot attend the training required for the first year students of the HPSP program but myself and the other HPSPer's have gotten waivers. So far so good really. To tell you the truth it makes things really nice during the year because money is not an issue. A WORD OF WARNING: You may want to take out student loans your first year, regardless. This way you can actually rent an apartment because most will require income far more than you can make with just the stipend. That is unless you get the new 20,000 signing bonus. IF you get that you should be golden for sure especially when moving costs to the CHC are barely covered (as my class is finding out right now, but this may be different next year). I think though that next year will be much more tight and cohesive as far as organization goes. Hopefully we can smooth out the bumps in the road :p
thanks crunchy, did HPSP come up in your interview last year? how was ATSU admin with the idea. it is kind of different commiting to the army than a CHC; were the powers that be okay with that? there is the new signing bonus which will help, but thanks for the tip on moving expenses to the CHC, i will ask about that. glad you said something. ps thanks for trailblazing you guys...

I just looked at your profile EasttoWest and your quote is very revealing :p

I brought up the HPSP myself because admissions offices usually look at that as a great opportunity to reduce their school loans and for boasting purposes. I also think it was one of the main reasons for my acceptance, but I could be wrong.

As for the administration and the HPSP: they are big fans. One reason is because there are faculty with military experience. For instance the guy in charge of med skills was previously the guy who essentially ran the HPSP program for the Air Force. Also the school sees the money right away, its from the government, and I'm sure that gives em' a warm fuzzy feeling inside :laugh:

As for commitment, my reasoning (which I used during my interview), is that serving the military is in essence much like serving a CHC. Albeit they are not directly underserved but from what I've heard and seen there are some instances where CHC healthcare is much better than some military hospitals. I mean just look at the Walter Reed shennanigans. And many enlisted folks come from very poor backgrounds. Regardless they really like the fact there will be some of us serving in the military and I think you will find there is little conflict.

To tell you the truth the Army doesn't even care about me right now. They don't call me, bother me, tell me what to do, or give me any orders (for now at least). This is how it most likely will be for the next four years. They are mainly concerned with how your education proceeds and the rest will come later. I think you'll find it is a really nice program to pay your stuff with and get into a unique field of medicine. And before you sign up I might suggest watching Baghdad ER. It is a little old but I think most of the aspects of the film still hold true.

And I wouldn't bring up moving-to-CHC costs just yet. I mean they just starting working that stuff out this past month or so for us. I'm sure things next year will be better. I was just trying to get the point across that even with the HPSP you will probably still need a buffer of cash so you don't have to constantly worry. Although the signing bonus will probably be more than enough.

Just my $1.32 :p

Respectfully,

Crunchy

I just looked at your profile EasttoWest and your quote is very revealing :p

I brought up the HPSP myself because admissions offices usually look at that as a great opportunity to reduce their school loans and for boasting purposes. I also think it was one of the main reasons for my acceptance, but I could be wrong.

As for the administration and the HPSP: they are big fans. One reason is because there are faculty with military experience. For instance the guy in charge of med skills was previously the guy who essentially ran the HPSP program for the Air Force. Also the school sees the money right away, its from the government, and I'm sure that gives em' a warm fuzzy feeling inside :laugh:

As for commitment, my reasoning (which I used during my interview), is that serving the military is in essence much like serving a CHC. Albeit they are not directly underserved but from what I've heard and seen there are some instances where CHC healthcare is much better than some military hospitals. I mean just look at the Walter Reed shennanigans. And many enlisted folks come from very poor backgrounds. Regardless they really like the fact there will be some of us serving in the military and I think you will find there is little conflict.

To tell you the truth the Army doesn't even care about me right now. They don't call me, bother me, tell me what to do, or give me any orders (for now at least). This is how it most likely will be for the next four years. They are mainly concerned with how your education proceeds and the rest will come later. I think you'll find it is a really nice program to pay your stuff with and get into a unique field of medicine. And before you sign up I might suggest watching Baghdad ER. It is a little old but I think most of the aspects of the film still hold true.

And I wouldn't bring up moving-to-CHC costs just yet. I mean they just starting working that stuff out this past month or so for us. I'm sure things next year will be better. I was just trying to get the point across that even with the HPSP you will probably still need a buffer of cash so you don't have to constantly worry. Although the signing bonus will probably be more than enough.

Just my $1.32 :p

Respectfully,

Crunchy
thanks crunchy, i didn't expect the extra buck thirty, but good to know. i will definitely bring up the HPSP in the interview. Oh wait, i have to get one of those first. still waiting to hear. they have had my MCAT scores for over a week now, and the rest of the app. since last aug....we'll see. all i can think about now is finishing this semster, and having a little break for my brain. thanks again

I interviewed there on the 14th and the reason why you (and I) won't hear back till after the 24th is because somd adcom peeps are on vacation. As for the 2 grand deposit, I feel your pain, however it's the price we pay to go to our first choice. I was taken aback first at the high deposits of DO schools compared to allopathic ones, however when I thought about it, I figured that a lot of people end up keeping DO schools as back up for MD ones, so DO schools want to make sure that applicants are serious about their school. Hope this week will pass by quickly because I can't keep waiting either! Good luck to all.

Are you also taking into consideration Grad Plus loans?? If you take the complete amount of student loans out its something close to $65,000 a year. Minus tuition and costs, approx. $35,000, you end up with about $30,000 a year for living expenses. Its enough to get by. If your wife is planning on working it makes it easier, but others in my class get by on just the student allowance with wife and kids, so it can be done. Just remember its med school and expenses got to be cut down. Is your wife pregnant? Im asking cause your taking about WIC. Great program! Good luck.

Do you know any emails of students with kids? My wife and I have one, and she is really worried about finances. If you know someone who is willing to be emailed, I would love to talk to them about it. My wife has had to work for 8 years already, and I would love to get the funding to let her take a year off.

HippieChick:
I had a 2.9 science GPA and a 33 score and they accepted me. For me I think it was my humanitarian and medical experience that pushed me over the top. DO schools love to see that you have already been working with the underserved or at least in medicine.

Do you know any emails of students with kids? My wife and I have one, and she is really worried about finances. If you know someone who is willing to be emailed, I would love to talk to them about it. My wife has had to work for 8 years already, and I would love to get the funding to let her take a year off.

Dont need to go far, I have 2 kids. IM me privately and Ill answer any questions you might have.

HippieChick:
I had a 2.9 science GPA and a 33 score and they accepted me. For me I think it was my humanitarian and medical experience that pushed me over the top. DO schools love to see that you have already been working with the underserved or at least in medicine.

Thats awesome, congrats! I have a 3.5 GPA and 26 MCAT and ALOT of volunteer work with the underserved, plus I live like 30mins from the Porterville, CA CHC and this is where I plan to practice. I think my chances are good, but its still nerve racking waiting for the response!

Thats awesome, congrats! I have a 3.5 GPA and 26 MCAT and ALOT of volunteer work with the underserved, plus I live like 30mins from the Porterville, CA CHC and this is where I plan to practice. I think my chances are good, but its still nerve racking waiting for the response!
with all this talk of MCATs I am getting a little nervous with my 21P. I had a month to study and that just seems too low to even be competitive. I do have a 4.0GPA, and a bunch of experience as a medic (five years as a critical care paramedic, and ten years as a massage therapist). someone say that is enough......do you think it is enough to get an interview, then i can retake MCAT with a little more preparation.
ps. where are you climber, i miss you...

with all this talk of MCATs I am getting a little nervous with my 21P. I had a month to study and that just seems too low to even be competitive. I do have a 4.0GPA, and a bunch of experience as a medic (five years as a critical care paramedic, and ten years as a massage therapist). someone say that is enough......do you think it is enough to get an interview, then i can retake MCAT with a little more preparation.
ps. where are you climber, i miss you...

I think with everything else you have going for you there is def a good chance you can get in to a school. I mean a 4.0 GPA is pretty darn good and if your volunteer, extracurriculars, and job experiances are substantial DO schools really look at those things and in the interview you have a chance to explain your MCAT and let them know what was going. My friend got an interview and he had a 23 MCAT and 3.0 GPA, were both still waiting to hear if we got accepted or not. Keep your hopes up! If you dont get in this time you can always re-take the MCAt and try again next year, waiting a year is nothing to fullfill your dream of becoming a physician. Good luck! :luck:

I think with everything else you have going for you there is def a good chance you can get in to a school. I mean a 4.0 GPA is pretty darn good and if your volunteer, extracurriculars, and job experiances are substantial DO schools really look at those things and in the interview you have a chance to explain your MCAT and let them know what was going. My friend got an interview and he had a 23 MCAT and 3.0 GPA, were both still waiting to hear if we got accepted or not. Keep your hopes up! If you dont get in this time you can always re-take the MCAt and try again next year, waiting a year is nothing to fullfill your dream of becoming a physician. Good luck! :luck:
thanks, i agree. just got an email from sharon palmer, she said 6 weeks to hear about an interview though..that is crazy.. alas....

thanks, i agree. just got an email from sharon palmer, she said 6 weeks to hear about an interview though..that is crazy.. alas....

Yikes that sucks to wait 6 weeks. That puts you at the end of April before hearing about an interview. Do you have a backup plan, like preparing for the MCAT again and reapplying as soon as the application is available. The one part of your application that sticks out is the MCAT. Our average this first year was a 24 and the rumor is that this 2nd year class will be higher (maybe 25???). I think medic experience is good, im not sure how important the massage experience is though(and for the record i was also a massage therapist prior to becoming an acupuncturist). For me it was my acupuncture and Chinese Medicine degree that really helped me in ALL my interviews. Once interviewers found out about my background, thats all the interviewers wanted to talk about. It was great, and made interviewing a lot easier for me.

I always believe in prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. But good luck.
:thumbup:

Your numbers are good and you sound like the type of person SOMA is looking for. I think if you feel confident about the interview, you have a VERY good chance of getting that call from Joyce.

Yikes that sucks to wait 6 weeks. That puts you at the end of April before hearing about an interview. Do you have a backup plan, like preparing for the MCAT again and reapplying as soon as the application is available. The one part of your application that sticks out is the MCAT. Our average this first year was a 24 and the rumor is that this 2nd year class will be higher (maybe 25???). I think medic experience is good, im not sure how important the massage experience is though(and for the record i was also a massage therapist prior to becoming an acupuncturist). For me it was my acupuncture and Chinese Medicine degree that really helped me in ALL my interviews. Once interviewers found out about my background, thats all the interviewers wanted to talk about. It was great, and made interviewing a lot easier for me.

I always believe in prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. But good luck.
:thumbup:
yeah, if i don't get in this year, i will retake the MCAT in August, and have everything in place for the next round. the ****ty thing is that they have had my application since aug. last year, they just wouldn't look at it without an MCAT score. I feel very confident I will knock it out of the ballpark if I have to take the MCAT again. Everything was just rushed. I had planned to take the MCAT in April, but when I found out the schools wouldn't look at the app. without a score, the test got expedited to the end of the semester break. oh well, we will see what transpires.

So I interviewed on March 7th and I just wanted to know if anyone from that group or the March 14th group has heard anything back yet. I am assuming that the committee only met yesterday but I am going crazy with anticipation and hoping someone has heard something.

-Thanks

So I interviewed on March 7th and I just wanted to know if anyone from that group or the March 14th group has heard anything back yet. I am assuming that the committee only met yesterday but I am going crazy with anticipation and hoping someone has heard something.

-Thanks

Hi, I am from the same group. I believe we are not supposed to hear back until March 24th. I am not sure if the committe met yesterday or not, b/c Joyce is on vacation either until today or Monday. May be they will meet either today or Monday (???)

Good Luck!!!

Hello class of 2012!!
I would like to invite you to join our osteopathic organization: Undergraduate American Academy of Osteopathy (UAAO). The UAAO is a national organization dedicated to the improving the practice and awareness of Osteopathic Principles and Practices. We meet often to practice OPP skills and to plan great events (like our successful and delicious smoothie sale).

In addition, we are planning to add more officer positions as the class of 2011 will be splitting up and going across the country to our CHCs. If you are interested in becoming a member and/or in becoming a local, Mesa officer/2012 representative please email me at [email protected].

Hello class of 2012!!
I would like to invite you to join our osteopathic organization: Undergraduate American Academy of Osteopathy (UAAO). The UAAO is a national organization dedicated to the improving the practice and awareness of Osteopathic Principles and Practices. We meet often to practice OPP skills and to plan great events (like our successful and delicious smoothie sale).

In addition, we are planning to add more officer positions as the class of 2011 will be splitting up and going across the country to our CHCs. If you are interested in becoming a member and/or in becoming a local, Mesa officer/2012 representative please email me at [email protected].

Is the club involved in promoting osteopathy among undrgraduates? I may be wrong but I thought as a medical student one is considered a "graduate" or "professional" student. I would be interested in playing a role to promote osteopathy among undergrads because I feel like there are a lot of people that don't understand what osteopathic medicine is. Anyway, just curious what the clubs goals are. Thanks

Anyone from March 7th and 14th interviews hear back from Joyce? I'm dying here!

Is the club involved in promoting osteopathy among undrgraduates? I may be wrong but I thought as a medical student one is considered a "graduate" or "professional" student. I would be interested in playing a role to promote osteopathy among undergrads because I feel like there are a lot of people that don't understand what osteopathic medicine is. Anyway, just curious what the clubs goals are. Thanks

Yes we are in graduate school, but it is considered "Undergraduate medical education". Residency is graduate medical education.

So we dont promote to undergrads (ie. people without a BA or BS yet) but promote it among each other, meaning we have more practice and events for DO students really interested in OMT.

Anyone know of an apartment or home locating service in Mesa that works specifically with rentals? My wife and I will be moving in from out of state, and while I can look at rentals all day long on the internet, we are looking for a service that will help us out. We are not looking for a property management company that will only show us their own properties, but someone that we could pay to help us find the right place.