Ask Jalby anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nice.
pic of her and you with a shoe on your head to confirm
just kidding lol

She would be pissed if she found out I put her picture up here, so don't tell anybody...

284532_10150734520035389_765915388_19971247_4338007_n.jpg

383805_10150947528425389_765915388_21670037_2090589400_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh wait so that's really your spouse? very nice! I thought originally the video was just an representative example.

That is actually my future babies mother. And thanks. I think the line has really been crossed and this is now just my vanity thread.

That is actually my future babies mother. And thanks. I think the line has really been crossed and this is now just my vanity thread.
lol, this became your vanity thread ~5 pages ago.

Here is a serious question: Do you prefer trader joes or whole foods more? The deli at whole foods is pretty impressive...

Here is a serious question: Do you prefer trader joes or whole foods more? The deli at whole foods is pretty impressive...

and its so gooood....

Do you and Long Dong know each other in real life? I know he likes to "ball banging models" in LA clubs and you were a promoter for a while.

:laugh: That's really funny, I suspect the the person asking "why are you so old"" was referring to me, the 40yr old, but it's still pretty obnoxiously worded. Agist anyone? Even taking on a new career in medicine is not that hard on the body at 47, I work w/RNs in their 60's on a busy ICU floor, lifting and turning pts who are often 2,3 or 400lb immobile beasts who dont even lift their arms to hold onto the thermometer when you stick it in their mouth. Nursing is physical labor to the extreme, I'd rather stand on my feet interacting w/pts, families, colleagues, and/or working at a computer anyday; anything except back breaking, soul sucking labor.

Gosh, that sucks Jalby, you really think accruing that amount of debt is a fatal mistake? Yeah, I'm ms1 and can drop out by fri 6pm and get a full refund, so it's down to the wire. But, I'm sort of feeling like medicine is something I really want to do and fear that NP may make me feel like I"m cheating myself.

Hmmnnnn, what to do??

You should consider this program: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/

I've got to admit, I hate them both with a passion. The prices are more than Vons or Ralphs, and they don't have any brand name stuff. I mean, they might have some strang form of chocolate that tastes good, but I would much rather have the options of getting stuff like Diet Pepsi at 80% the cost of whatever random diet thing they have in their store.

Do you and Long Dong know each other in real life? I know he likes to "ball banging models" in LA clubs and you were a promoter for a while.

I do not know Long Dong in real life. He went to UCLA and I went to USC, so we never overlapped. And there is a whole lot of clubs in Los Angeles. The clubs that I promoted at were about 60% female and the only guys who were able to get in were the club promoters, their close friends, guys who bought bottle service, tall white males, or guys who come with a 2 girls to one guy ratio (and must be hot women). That information is direct from the bouncers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do not know Long Dong in real life. He went to UCLA and I went to USC, so we never overlapped. And there is a whole lot of clubs in Los Angeles. The clubs that I promoted at were about 60% female and the only guys who were able to get in were the club promoters, their close friends, guys who bought bottle service, tall white males, or guys who come with a 2 girls to one guy ratio (and must be hot women). That information is direct from the bouncers.

Lol, LA is just the worst.

Hi Jalby. I'm an MS1 getting ready to leave for Winter break for a few weeks (so excited) but I haven't yet decided what to do with all my time off besides see family and friends.

What did you do with your first bit of time off from school and what do you recommend I do over break?

Also, where did Long Dong go?

edit: avatar change has inspired me

Last edited:
Jalby,

are you considering a career change?

Hi Jalby. I'm an MS1 getting ready to leave for Winter break for a few weeks (so excited) but I haven't yet decided what to do with all my time off besides see family and friends.

What did you do with your first bit of time off from school and what do you recommend I do over break?

I woudl recommend contacting all of the women who were hotter than you in High School. Your hotness has increased about 40% and they have probably put on 10 pounds or so. There are two amazing outcomes from this situation. 1. You can score. 2. You don't find the girl attractive anymore and you can reject someone who rejected you.

Long dong is at UCLA. I really don't know why he disappeared from SDN. Maybe his school has big tests before Christmas.

I woudl recommend contacting all of the women who were hotter than you in High School. Your hotness has increased about 40% and they have probably put on 10 pounds or so. There are two amazing outcomes from this situation. 1. You can score. 2. You don't find the girl attractive anymore and you can reject someone who rejected you.

Long dong is at UCLA. I really don't know why he disappeared from SDN. Maybe his school has big tests before Christmas.

How do you know Long Cawk? What field did he end up going into?

Jalby & Long Dong,

What recommendations do you have for someone that is looking to go into dermatology, but their medical school does not have a dermatology department?

Away rotations?
How do you recommend i get the necessary research?

You gotta have someone tell you what you can do over break? Grow a pair, homie.

You gotta have someone tell you what you can do over break? Grow a pair, homie.

Umm...you see, a few SDNers (ones with a still intact sense of humor) will occasionally post a not so srs question on here just to provoke a sarcastic, sometimes comical response from Jalby (or Long Dong in the past).

My post wasn't intended to be taken seriously........homie. Chill out :).

internetsrsbusiness.jpg

Hey Jalby, why is your name Jalby?

Follow-up: Is it like, Jahl-bye, Jahl-bee, or Jal-bee, or Jal-bye?

Jalby & Long Dong,

What recommendations do you have for someone that is looking to go into dermatology, but their medical school does not have a dermatology department?

Away rotations?
How do you recommend i get the necessary research?

Wow. I've been slacking on this.

If you are coming from a place that doesn't have a derm department, your chances are not that great. The best thing you can do is tons of away rotations and hope you really impress people. I have no idea about how you can get research for Derm. Maybe look into doing an away research rotation???

Have a good back up plan outside of Derm....

Umm...you see, a few SDNers (ones with a still intact sense of humor) will occasionally post a not so srs question on here just to provoke a sarcastic, sometimes comical response from Jalby (or Long Dong in the past).

My post wasn't intended to be taken seriously........homie. Chill out :).

internetsrsbusiness.jpg

But seriously, check your pair. Testicular cancer is definately something to be scared of.

Hey Jalby, why is your name Jalby?

Follow-up: Is it like, Jahl-bye, Jahl-bee, or Jal-bee, or Jal-bye?

Well, the first question is kind of related to my name. And I would say it is called Jal-bee

Jalby, what are the worst 3 specialties to be applying to right now as an MS4?

Radiology isn't what it was 10 years ago. It still is nice, but not as great.

Cardiothoracic surgery isn't the same as it was....

Family Practice is also being taken over by Nurse Practitioners.

What's your take on hooking up with female interns/PGY2s when you're a male 3/4th year med student? (Since we all know, women screw up, not down)

what do you think?? ortho or urology?? where do see each headed in the future? supply/demand? pay? also how competitive is each one? thanks!

Jalby -

How much money per year does one need to make to be happy?

Jalby,

For someone about to graduate medical school which would you recommend: Income based loan repayment or forebearance or 30 year traditional repayment plan?

Who would make more money in 15years (assuming ms1 now): cardiac anesthesiologist or cardiologist? Thanks.

To The Great Jalby: How were you able to manage being a promoter and attending school/residency?

To The Great Jalby: How were you able to manage being a promoter and attending school/residency?

Jeez people do your research. He went for Ortho, didn't get it. Decided to take a year off before going through match again to avoid scramble. He spent this year as a club promoter. He then decided to match into Radiology the following year.

Also, you're the man Jalby. :thumbup:

What are the three best specialties one can apply to now?