Anyone else get an interview to Nova yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got accepted to Nova, and they did not specify which campus I was accepted to...I interviewed at the Ft.Lauderdale campus....but it seems like I can pick which of the three campuses I would like to go to (since they gave me a check off which campus you would like to go to option)...did anyone else have this option as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I just interviewed at Nova on Wednesday. They told me it takes 6-8 weeks to receive an admission decision, which seems very long. How long did it take you guys to get your admission decision after you interviewed? thanks :)

It took about 3 weeks for me...They may say 6-8 weeks but they really mean 3-4

I just got accepted to Nova, and they did not specify which campus I was accepted to...I interviewed at the Ft.Lauderdale campus....but it seems like I can pick which of the three campuses I would like to go to (since they gave me a check off which campus you would like to go to option)...did anyone else have this option as well?

Yes I received the same paper too in my package...Just check Ft. Lauderdale...You only want to watch your lectures from a TV if you miss a class not everyday...lol...For me it would be hard to do

Members don't see this ad :)
Where else have you interviewed at? My first choice was my first interview so I was really nervous. LOL

DITTO! My first choice is UF and that is my first interview too. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had an interview. Except for once for a research position. I'm kinda freaking out TBH. I should probably relax though. Seems to be the suggestion of choice on this forum lol

DITTO! My first choice is UF and that is my first interview too. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had an interview. Except for once for a research position. I'm kinda freaking out TBH. I should probably relax though. Seems to be the suggestion of choice on this forum lol

At least UF is pretty much the only school that has almost a 100% interview to acceptance rate. LOL

Did you apply to any other schools as well? I had only interviewed for jobs basically, so that kind of prepared me, but SDN helped too. I didn't interview at Uf, but it is a lot easier to relax at any school once you get there and start talking to people. You will be fine. :D

At least UF is pretty much the only school that has almost a 100% interview to acceptance rate. LOL

Did you apply to any other schools as well? I had only interviewed for jobs basically, so that kind of prepared me, but SDN helped too. I didn't interview at Uf, but it is a lot easier to relax at any school once you get there and start talking to people. You will be fine. :D

Yes, I applied to UF, Nova, PBA, LECOM... and FAMU just because. I have interviews for UF, Nova, and PBA all this week (mon, wed, fri, respectively). LECOM I haven't heard from yet and FAMU straight up rejected me lol.

Thanks for the advice though. I'm just going to do my best to relax. I figured I really have to BOMB this UF interview to get rejected. Wish me luck, hectic week coming up :xf:

By the way, I see you're from S. Fla, as am I. I went to high school at American Heritage in Plantation, lived all over the place (Davie, Sunrise, Plantation). Just thought I'd throw that in there :)

Yes, I applied to UF, Nova, PBA, LECOM... and FAMU just because. I have interviews for UF, Nova, and PBA all this week (mon, wed, fri, respectively). LECOM I haven't heard from yet and FAMU straight up rejected me lol.

Thanks for the advice though. I'm just going to do my best to relax. I figured I really have to BOMB this UF interview to get rejected. Wish me luck, hectic week coming up :xf:

By the way, I see you're from S. Fla, as am I. I went to high school at American Heritage in Plantation, lived all over the place (Davie, Sunrise, Plantation). Just thought I'd throw that in there :)

Well Good Luck! You definitely shouldn't be too stressed. That's pretty cool you have them all in the same week... keep your suit clean! lol

I've been to American Heritage for football games... when I was cheering in high school we played you guys. lol I actually think you are in our district, but I went to high school in the Keys. I literally just moved from Plantation a couple months ago to save money though... I had an apartment on the corner of Broward and Pine Island while I was cheering for NSU, but I had to quit and move for my job. I also lived in Miami during undergrad but I like Ft Lauderdale better, especially Davie, Sunrise, Plantation, Weston, Cooper City, etc.

Well Good Luck! You definitely shouldn't be too stressed. That's pretty cool you have them all in the same week... keep your suit clean! lol

I've been to American Heritage for football games... when I was cheering in high school we played you guys. lol I actually think you are in our district, but I went to high school in the Keys. I literally just moved from Plantation a couple months ago to save money though... I had an apartment on the corner of Broward and Pine Island while I was cheering for NSU, but I had to quit and move for my job. I also lived in Miami during undergrad but I like Ft Lauderdale better, especially Davie, Sunrise, Plantation, Weston, Cooper City, etc.

Crazy, I played football for AHS for 5 years, 8th-12th grade. I remember playing Key West High School a few times, dunno if that's where you went? I think we played KWHS 3 or 4 times. I graduated HS in '05. Small world!

BTW, Ft. Lauderdale area is waaay better. I cannot STAND Miami. I have a genuine distaste for 305. Traffic, people, architecture, I can go on forever lol

Crazy, I played football for AHS for 5 years, 8th-12th grade. I remember playing Key West High School a few times, dunno if that's where you went? I think we played KWHS 3 or 4 times. I graduated HS in '05. Small world!

BTW, Ft. Lauderdale area is waaay better. I cannot STAND Miami. I have a genuine distaste for 305. Traffic, people, architecture, I can go on forever lol

Yep... KWHS and I also graduated in 2005. :laugh: So random!

I strongly dislike Miami too don't worry. I loveee my alma mater, but everything else about that place bugs me. When I lived there I often drove north just to go to the mall, beach, Hard Rock, Round Up, Las Olas, etc... Everyone thinks South Beach is so nice, but it's really just old, crowded, pot holed roads, fake sand, overpriced establishments filled with tourists, etc.

Yep... KWHS and I also graduated in 2005. :laugh: So random!

I strongly dislike Miami too don't worry. I loveee my alma mater, but everything else about that place bugs me. When I lived there I often drove north just to go to the mall, beach, Hard Rock, Round Up, Las Olas, etc... Everyone thinks South Beach is so nice, but it's really just old, crowded, pot holed roads, fake sand, overpriced establishments filled with tourists, etc.

Yeah, I really do not like Miami at all. A lot of places in Miami just seem dirty and old to me. Not to say that the same doesn't hold true for places in Ft. Lauderdale, because it does... however, the majority of Miami, IMO, seems that way to me.

I just sent you a private message by the way :D

I just interviewed at Nova on Wednesday. They told me it takes 6-8 weeks to receive an admission decision, which seems very long. How long did it take you guys to get your admission decision after you interviewed? thanks :)

It took them a little over 5 weeks for me. I think it mainly depends when the admissions committee meets. They were meeting the day I interviewed, but we were not included in that meeting, so we had to wait until they met again (they said admissions committee meets every 2-3 weeks). It may also take longer, the further along they are in the admissions cycle...

Yeah, I really do not like Miami at all. A lot of places in Miami just seem dirty and old to me. Not to say that the same doesn't hold true for places in Ft. Lauderdale, because it does... however, the majority of Miami, IMO, seems that way to me.

I just sent you a private message by the way :D

Yeah Miami is an older city for sure. The only really newer, nice and clean area IMO is Kendall (which is too far southwest for a lot of people). I lived right on the border of Kendall and south Miami basically. I enjoyed it because we had newer shopping centers, all the good stores around, etc... kind of like Plantation/Davie... but it was still expensive and farther from everything. The traffic was also BAD and the people were still not friendly even though it's a more family oriented area.

Even Coral Gables is old and not very nice unless you live in a house (which I obviously didn't) or you live right off miracle mile in a new high rise (1300/month for a 600 sq ft 1 bedroom, no thanks).

Even Coral Gables is old and not very nice unless you live in a house (which I obviously didn't) or you live right off miracle mile in a new high rise (1300/month for a 600 sq ft 1 bedroom, no thanks).

lol !

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi.. I had a quick question.. what is the ratio of interview to acceptance?? Thanks :)

Hi.. I had a quick question.. what is the ratio of interview to acceptance?? Thanks :)

According to PharmCAS, last year the interview to acceptance ratio was 420:220.

Just had my interview today. Contrary to what a lot of people say, my interviewers were extremely nice and the interview was very conversational, even though they asked questions off of a list. I would just check out the SDN interview feedback section and you will be golden

would you guys like to share your stats? i'm really interested in applying for Nova for fall 2011. thanks

p.s. florida's weather is amazing:xf:

would you guys like to share your stats? i'm really interested in applying for Nova for fall 2011. thanks

p.s. florida's weather is amazing:xf:

Overall GPA: 3.55
PCAT: 82

Hey,
Quick question: When is the registration date for NOVA and when is the first day of classes?

Overall GPA: 3.55
PCAT: 82

PharmEXP, thanks for sharing your stats! did you study only dr collin's material for pcat or what other materials have you utilized for pcat? congrats on your interview to NOVA!

Last edited:
PharmEXP, thanks for sharing your stats! did you study only dr collin's material for pcat or what other materials have you utilized for pcat? congrats on your interview to NOVA!

Yes, Dr. Collin's PCAT prep review was the only source I used to study for the PCAT.

Good luck!

Yes, Dr. Collin's PCAT prep review was the only source I used to study for the PCAT.

Good luck!

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I just received my self study guide from dr collins last night. i'm hoping to get a very good score on pcat to apply for fall 2011. are the practice exams given by dr collins close to the actual pcat you took and they were different? do you also think dr collin's material alone is good enough or i'll need other materials as well like kaplan? (i have kaplan now, too much detailed info):xf: thanks for the helpful info, i'm crossing my fingers for you about getting into nova. it's a very good school. i want to go there next year. good luck.

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I just received my self study guide from dr collins last night. i'm hoping to get a very good score on pcat to apply for fall 2011. are the practice exams given by dr collins close to the actual pcat you took and they were different? do you also think dr collin's material alone is good enough or i'll need other materials as well like kaplan? (i have kaplan now, too much detailed info):xf: thanks for the helpful info, i'm crossing my fingers for you about getting into nova. it's a very good school. i want to go there next year. good luck.

Questions were very similar. I would say the verbal section was the most beneficial. Don't try to use too many different sources to study. Try to stick to one. That's my advice. Know how to do the practice exams, they are key.

Questions were very similar. I would say the verbal section was the most beneficial. Don't try to use too many different sources to study. Try to stick to one. That's my advice. Know how to do the practice exams, they are key.

how beneficial was the writing section? were the writing prompt similar to the possible topics he gave us? also do you know if we are only asked to write problem solving essays or sometimes it could be argumentative essays? thanks for your advice :xf::thumbup:

also do you think i'll have enough time to study for the august 21st pcat? i'm don't work. i'm taking 19 credits this semester and i'll be taking 16 credits over the summer?

how beneficial was the writing section? were the writing prompt similar to the possible topics he gave us? also do you know if we are only asked to write problem solving essays or sometimes it could be argumentative essays? thanks for your advice :xf::thumbup:

He gives you a wide range of topics to focus on. I don't remember if one of them showed up on the PCAT but I think atleast one did. I personally didn't practice for the writing section at all and got 3 on both sections, which was pretty common for most people. They mostly look at your ability to write a well constructed paper with intro, thesis, supporting paragraphs and conclusion. The substance, IMO, is really not as important. Read the packet you purchased. It tells you everything you need to know.

also do you think i'll have enough time to study for the august 21st pcat? i'm don't work. i'm taking 19 credits this semester and i'll be taking 16 credits over the summer?

I studied that packet alone for 2 weeks and took the PCAT and scored composite 82nd percentile. It would've been much higher had I done better than a 24 on the reading comprehension EEK :eek: I would highly recommend taking a mock exam before taking the PCAT. Sit down and do each section exactly as you would on test day.

Hope this helps

I studied that packet alone for 2 weeks and took the PCAT and scored composite 82nd percentile. It would've been much higher had I done better than a 24 on the reading comprehension EEK :eek: I would highly recommend taking a mock exam before taking the PCAT. Sit down and do each section exactly as you would on test day.

Hope this helps

thanks for your tips. what other schools did you apply to other than nova? also when is a good time period to start submitting applications to pharmacy schools? august or september? i know they all say to submit as early as possible. when exactly is the right time to do so? :confused:

Hope this helps

also do you have a facebook by any chance? i use that a lot more often, because we may chat on facebook sometimes?

He gives you a wide range of topics to focus on. I don't remember if one of them showed up on the PCAT but I think atleast one did. I personally didn't practice for the writing section at all and got 3 on both sections, which was pretty common for most people. They mostly look at your ability to write a well constructed paper with intro, thesis, supporting paragraphs and conclusion. The substance, IMO, is really not as important. Read the packet you purchased. It tells you everything you need to know.

thank you for your insight. do you know if they'll only revise one essay for you or they'll revise as many as you want? also do you know if the essays can be emailed to dr lee or we have to mail them?:confused:

Moni..we will be attending WPB together! Congrats!
For those of you still waiting.. I found out a few days short of 4 weeks. Try to be patient..i know.. i know..it drove me crazy too but try to just forget about that interview. And yes the campus that you interview for is the campus you will be attending if you get accepted--when u get accepted..the WPB and Lauderdale campuses have 2 diff committees.
I wanted to tell everyone that I made a facebook for the class of 2014 in WPB so for those who get accepted- come join! we can chat a bit before we start :)

LECOM- accepted, declined seat
NOVA- WPB- ACCEPTED!!:soexcited::highfive::clap:
PBA- alternate

How long did it take you guys to hear after your interview and was it by email? :)

It's been over 4 weeks & 2 days since my interview and I still haven't heard from NOVA. I've been accepted to Mercer & South University but I would really like to attend NOVA. =( I hope NOVA hurries up because I need to make my decision. :(

Hi everyone,
I have been invited for an interview at Nova. I have sent email and called Ms. Jessie Sutton many times since yesterday, but she have been unavailable all the time. Do you know another person who can help me schedule my interview?
thanks

I had my interview on 3-17 and my mom just handed me a big envelope today! Beyond excited that I got in! I'm currently at UF for undergrad, but couldn't imagine staying in gainesville for pharmacy school. I'm a Ft.Lauderdale native and I love it, so Nova was the only school I applied to. I'm glad that I got my acceptance letter so soon after my interview because I was starting to freak out a little about only applying to one school. But it worked out so I'm happy!:) Hopefully you guys will find out sometime soon. Good Luck!

Here are my stats:
3.8 Science and Math
3.83 Overall
85% Pcat Composite

Hi everyone,
I have been invited for an interview at Nova. I have sent email and called Ms. Jessie Sutton many times since yesterday, but she have been unavailable all the time. Do you know another person who can help me schedule my interview?
thanks

I am sure Jessie will get back to you shortly. You received an invitation to interview so that is a good sign! Just email her and tell her that you would like to attend the interview and request the available interview dates. She got back to me within a few days. Just be patient! :thumbup:

I hope me living in Puerto Rico doesn't mean I would have to wait 7 weeks! :(

i had my interview on 3-17 and my mom just handed me a big envelope today! Beyond excited that i got in! I'm currently at uf for undergrad, but couldn't imagine staying in gainesville for pharmacy school. I'm a ft.lauderdale native and i love it, so nova was the only school i applied to. I'm glad that i got my acceptance letter so soon after my interview because i was starting to freak out a little about only applying to one school. But it worked out so i'm happy!:) hopefully you guys will find out sometime soon. Good luck!

Here are my stats:
3.8 science and math
3.83 overall
85% pcat composite

congrats!!!

I interviewed a few weeks ago and I received my acceptance packet in the mail today. I was surprised I received it so quickly since they said it would take 6-8 weeks :D

congrats to everyone getting accepted! I was put on the waitlist (alternate list). =(

does anybody know what are the chances of getting off the waitlist at Nova are?

congrats to everyone getting accepted! I was put on the waitlist (alternate list). =(

A LOT of people from FL applied to all FL schools and UF is just starting to get around to reviewing applications and sending out interview invitations. I am not sure about most of them, but if I got into both schools, I would go to UF. (Cheaper, one of the top 10 pharm schools) So what I am trying to say is I am not positive about the chances, but keep your head up because there is definitely a chance of getting in!!

When I went on my interview I actually asked about the waitlist, and how long it would take to hear anything/what the chances are of getting in. They said that some students actually get acceptances the day before registration. I'm not really sure what that means for you because I guess it depends on how high on the list you are. Is this the only school you applied to?

When I went on my interview I actually asked about the waitlist, and how long it would take to hear anything/what the chances are of getting in. They said that some students actually get acceptances the day before registration. I'm not really sure what that means for you because I guess it depends on how high on the list you are. Is this the only school you applied to?

Unfortunately, yes, Nova is the only school I applied to. Thank you for your information! I think I'll just wait patiently and keep on praying. Hopefully they will call me. I don't mind if it's the day right before school starts as long as I get accepted. lol

I am sure Jessie will get back to you shortly. You received an invitation to interview so that is a good sign! Just email her and tell her that you would like to attend the interview and request the available interview dates. She got back to me within a few days. Just be patient! :thumbup:

I emailed and called both Jessie and Tracy. However, they haven't replied my email and never answered the calls. Today, I also called the admission number, and the lady answered my call asked me to leave information, so she could stick a note in front of Jessie's office. An hour later, a guy called back to me and said that both of them are out off office for a week:(. I'm so worried. I'm afraid that by the time they response to me, I would have missed the last interview session.:scared:

Well, they said 6-8 weeks and it only took them 4 to get back to me after my interview. I interviewed in early March and felt like I did absolutely terrible, but got accepted anyways. I declined the acceptance this week though, good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

Also, what are people's opinions on having to wear scrubs to school everyday? I give it two :thumbdown: