Anyone else get an interview to Nova yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, they said 6-8 weeks and it only took them 4 to get back to me after my interview. I interviewed in early March and felt like I did absolutely terrible, but got accepted anyways. I declined the acceptance this week though, good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

Also, what are people's opinions on having to wear scrubs to school everyday? I give it two :thumbdown:

The requirement is scrubs or professional attire (slacks, dress shirt, tie) if I'm not mistaken. I personally love dressing professionally, and I also like to wear scrubs because I go straight to the gym in them after class. I always feel cool wearing my scrubs in the gym :D

Members don't see this ad.

Well, they said 6-8 weeks and it only took them 4 to get back to me after my interview. I interviewed in early March and felt like I did absolutely terrible, but got accepted anyways. I declined the acceptance this week though, good luck to everyone waiting to hear back.

Also, what are people's opinions on having to wear scrubs to school everyday? I give it two :thumbdown:

You don't have to wear scrubs everyday; you can choose scrubs or professional dress. But there will be some days that you MUST dress professionally (like when you have to do a presentation or something)

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought that we had to dress professionally everyday.... we have a choice between scrubs or professional?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone who interviewed on or around March 24th heard back from Nova regarding a decision?

Hey guys. So I applied to NOVA (WPB and Puerto Rico Campus) I interviewed in February and March. Today I receieved an email from the assistant director of admissions which said that the Dean has put my file on hold until I send them my grades for the classes I am currently taking. After I send them, the dean will review my file. What are my chances of being selected? Would there be any seats left in June? :(:scared:

i just got my acceptance letter today!!!!!! I am beyond excited! :)
Congrats Moni!!!

I got a call for my interview on 4/19/10. I hope to get the same acceptance letter that you received and we'll share the joy at WPB campus in August :)

I have an interview tomorrow at the WPB campus.

Can anybody post some pointers as to what the interview entails? It's my first pharmacy interview and I'm not sure what to expect.

I have an interview tomorrow at the WPB campus.

Can anybody post some pointers as to what the interview entails? It's my first pharmacy interview and I'm not sure what to expect.

Check the Interview Feedback section of this website. It has everything you possibly need to know about the interviews.

Hi

is Nova a reputable school? I'm debating between going here and University at Buffalo's SoPPS.

Is anyone here considering going to an unranked school over a ranked school?

Any advice that will help me with my decision making will be appreciated.

Hi

is Nova a reputable school? I'm debating between going here and University at Buffalo's SoPPS.

This website has rankings, but unfortunately hasn't been updated since 2008. But it will give you a pretty good guideline!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi

There is much debate over what those "rankings" actually mean. IMHO, I think that it is a no-brainer to choose a ranked school over a non-ranked school, simply because I think earning your PharmD from a reputable program will ultimately help you in your future job search. Of course, if you'd rather go to an unranked school because you can save 15k a year, then that is your prerogative.

Honestly, I think it really comes down to taking advantage of the education and making the best out of every opportunity that pharmacy school has to offer its students.

Hello, I am currently a P1 at Nova. I really like it here, even though we do have some issues with schedule, and teachers. However, most of our faculties are extremely helpful, and friendly.

I think it is better to go to school that is well-known and less expensive. Nova is not a ranked school but it has been here for 30 years and it is very reputable in Florida beside UF. Also, you have to know if you are able to handle a difficult curriculum in ranked school. Pharmacy school requires a lot of commitments, and not simply passing the classes. So think thoroughly before you make a decision.

I just received my acceptance from Nova! I am beyond excited! Nova is my first choice and will be attending!!

For those who are still waiting, I interviewed on April 5, and just received the package today, April 22!

I just received my acceptance from Nova! I am beyond excited! Nova is my first choice and will be attending!!

For those who are still waiting, I interviewed on April 5, and just received the package today, April 22!

Oh my! I'm nervous, I was interviewed a few days ago...I hope that I will get in because NOVA is my only hope.

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail and i'm so excited!!! I interviewed on the 20th. Thanks for all the postings you guys! they have been really helpful while I've been stressing out over my interview and application. For all those accepted to the WPB campus I'll be seeing you in the Fall. Congrats all who have been accepted! For all those still waiting... don't stress out! Your acceptance letters will come soon!

Hey guys...I see there are a few here who got accepted to NOVA...there s one question...I have an interview on 05/20/2010 at the terry building, university drive, Fort Lauderdale...does this mean i am interviewing for the main campus classes or for the wpb campus??...is there a way we can know in advance for what campus would i be placed in??? one more question... are the students allowed to work off campus? do the studnets work off campus? WAMC as i am interviewing so late?...

i guess i asked too many :) hope to hear from ya all soon...

thank you.

hey i'm pretty sure you'll be interviewing for the fort lauderdale campus. when you filled out the application did you write down your preferences for which campus you would like to attend?

as for your other questions. i'm not quite sure. sorry.

good luck on your interview!

hey i'm pretty sure you'll be interviewing for the fort lauderdale campus. when you filled out the application did you write down your preferences for which campus you would like to attend?

as for your other questions. i'm not quite sure. sorry.

good luck on your interview!

Hey lilchany...Thanks for your post. I dont actually remember but if I had been given a choice I am pretty sure I would have checked for the main campus:D...I hope the interview goes well :xf:...How was yours? Is it different for the students applying for International pharmD? cuz I fall in that category...well too excited and nervous at the moment!!

thank you

Hey guys!!!Just want to let you know...today is the happiest day of my life !!!!! I finally got the acceptance letter !!!! And for everyone who is waiting for your letter, they are on their way, keep up the good work :)