Anyone else get an interview to Nova yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview on 01-26 at nova and called them on 02-09 to check my status. Jessie Sutton (secretary for Tracy Templin) had told me that the dean has had the files to review for about two days and has been too busy to review them. If he was to get to them in the next few days, they would be mailed out and should be received by next week. The maximum wait is an additional two weeks. HTH.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview on 01-26 at nova and called them on 02-09 to check my status. Jessie Sutton (secretary for Tracy Templin) had told me that the dean has had the files to review for about two days and has been too busy to review them. If he was to get to them in the next few days, they would be mailed out and should be received by next week. The maximum wait is an additional two weeks. HTH.

I wonder if this only applies to the students who interviewed at Davie. I went to West Palm on the 22nd. Do they have a WPB pharmacy dean, or just one for the entire College of Pharmacy?

I wonder if this only applies to the students who interviewed at Davie. I went to West Palm on the 22nd. Do they have a WPB pharmacy dean, or just one for the entire College of Pharmacy?
My interview was on the 20th at West Palm...still haven't heard anithing! I pretty sure we are getting an answer next week...:xf: Dr. Malave is the only dean...and he is always busy, so that slows the whole process down.

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was on the 20th at West Palm...still haven't heard anithing! I pretty sure we are getting an answer next week...:xf: Dr. Malave is the only dean...and he is always busy, so that slows the whole process down.

Ok, thanks for the info! I am keeping my fingers crossed too!

I just got my acceptance letter on saturday. I interviewed at Ft. Lauderdale campus on Jan 13th. Everyone should expect their letter soon.

I just got my acceptance letter on saturday. I interviewed at Ft. Lauderdale campus on Jan 13th. Everyone should expect their letter soon.

Booooo, no mail today for President's Day. haha

i interviewed jan 11th @ ft laud campus and still haven't heard anything :/

I got one for March 12, but I'm hoping not to go!

Hey Ifailedmytest,

if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental application to NOVA? and how long after did they get back to you to let you know of the interview?

Hey Ifailedmytest,

if you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your supplemental application to NOVA? and how long after did they get back to you to let you know of the interview?

Honestly it took them forever!!! at least a month

i just got my acceptance letter today!!!!!! I am beyond excited! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulation Moni! I got mine TODAY!!! YAAAYYY:D
I am SUPER excited! :soexcited:How can I find u on Facebook?

Congrats Moni on your acceptance to Nova! wasn't that your first choice? so are you going to drop your app to Jefferson? I also got into my top choice, and I'm debating on how to deny my jefferson> any idea what you are going to say or do?

Congrats again!!!! it's such a relief getting into that top choice huh? lol

Congratulation Moni! I got mine TODAY!!! YAAAYYY:D
I am SUPER excited! :soexcited:How can I find u on Facebook?

Cograts to you too! Search Nova College of Pharmacy 2014 and that should be the only one that shows up.

Congrats Moni on your acceptance to Nova! wasn't that your first choice? so are you going to drop your app to Jefferson? I also got into my top choice, and I'm debating on how to deny my jefferson> any idea what you are going to say or do?

Congrats again!!!! it's such a relief getting into that top choice huh? lol

It feels amazing, I was so scared I wouldn't get in. Yeah, I am 98% sure I am going to Nova. I don't think I am gonna tell Jefferson until I am 100% sure. I am just going to be truthful when I tell them.

Me too!!! I'm sending my deposit tomorrow. Are you going to the WPB Campus? I'm sooooo excited:) YAY

Cograts to you too! Search Nova College of Pharmacy 2014 and that should be the only one that shows up.

Hi......I submitted my application in the late summer (as soon as it was available to submit) and then my supplemental app within a week. I just heard yesterday that I was accepted....What a long process. (this was for the WPB campus) They were slower to start interviewing than ft. laud. My interview was Jan 15 and I think that may have been their first day interviewing......Good luck

Honestly it took them forever!!! at least a month

I applied to Nova last summer, and my supplemental application about a week later. my interview was on Jan 15, and I was accepted yesterday (to the WPB campus) The wpb campus only started interviewing in January......very long process.....Good luck

Hey Ifailedmytest,

Did the class fill up yet? I am still waiting to hear from them.

Highly doubt it did...When I interviewed back in December Jessie said apps were slowly trickling in...There might have been a huge jump in the number of apps but I highly doubt it was enough to fill the class already...The app pool is small this year hence all the deadline push-backs which is really good...So there still is hope just hang in there

I got it :)

I'm going to decline my seat though. I got into LECOM Bradenton and UF and honestly I think NOVA was the worst fit for me out of the three.

I got it :)

I'm going to decline my seat though. I got into LECOM Bradenton and UF and honestly I think NOVA was the worst fit for me out of the three.

Congrats on UF! If I had the chance in hell to go there, I would! But that is such a big accomplishment! Congrats!!

When I did my interview, they told me it would take at minimum six weeks to know if I was accepted yet it seems others are finding out a lot sooner than that if they were accepted or not :confused:

When I did my interview, they told me it would take at minimum six weeks to know if I was accepted yet it seems others are finding out a lot sooner than that if they were accepted or not :confused:

When did you interview?? If it has been longer than 6 weeks, you may wanna call the admissions office. The P1 who gave me the tour said she hadn't heard back in over 6 weeks, called the office, and said her letter had been mailed; it had gotten lost in the mail. So if it has been more than 6 weeks, I would definitely give them a call!!

When did you interview?? If it has been longer than 6 weeks, you may wanna call the admissions office. The P1 who gave me the tour said she hadn't heard back in over 6 weeks, called the office, and said her letter had been mailed; it had gotten lost in the mail. So if it has been more than 6 weeks, I would definitely give them a call!!
It was this week. The interviewers told me it would take 6-8 weeks to get my results but very unlikely before 6 weeks. It just seemed odd to me that it would take so long but I'll manage, thanks moni.

It was this week. The interviewers told me it would take 6-8 weeks to get my results but very unlikely before 6 weeks. It just seemed odd to me that it would take so long but I'll manage, thanks moni.

They say 6-8 weeks but they really mean three weeks...lol

Be patient, geez! lol It's worth the wait. I waited about 3 and a half weeks.

They say 6-8 weeks but they really mean three weeks...lol
I found out about 2 and a half weeks after my interview, I think.

This waiting is killing me lol... I interviewed on Feb 5th, so yesterday was 5 weeks... I hope it arrives sometime this week!

Acceptance letters are certified, right?

This waiting is killing me lol... I interviewed on Feb 5th, so yesterday was 5 weeks... I hope it arrives sometime this week!

Acceptance letters are certified, right?

Yea the letters are certified...It's a big envelope...If it doesn't come in this week just email or call them

I just got my acceptance LETTER to NOVA..... I am so excited!!!! I was hysterical at the mail box!!!!

I got mine today too!!! Sooo happy! :D But it totally scared me b/c it was in my mailbox too and not certified! lol I'm so relieved! :love:

I just got my acceptance LETTER to NOVA..... I am so excited!!!! I was hysterical at the mail box!!!!

I got mine today too!!! Sooo happy! :D But it totally scared me b/c it was in my mailbox too and not certified! lol I'm so relieved! :love:

Which campus have you both been accepted to?? Congrats!!! :thumbup:

I have my interview at Nova Ft. Lauderdale campus on 3/24/10 and quite honestly don't know what to expect. Is it fairly nerve racking? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UF -- Interview 3/22
LECOM -- Still waiting
PBA -- Interview 3/26
Nova -- Interview 3/24

Thanks PharmTech! Just joined the group :)

Thanks Moni! I got into the WPB campus. I joined the WPB fb group earlier this evening... that's your group, right? I'm Jenny

I have my interview at Nova Ft. Lauderdale campus on 3/24/10 and quite honestly don't know what to expect. Is it fairly nerve racking? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

UF -- Interview 3/22
LECOM -- Still waiting
PBA -- Interview 3/26
Nova -- Interview 3/24

It's nothing to worry about at all. Relax. Check the interview feedback for help in preparing for interviews. You are SO lucky to have all your interviews that close together!! Good luck! What is your first choice school?

congratulations to those get accepted :)

they had me on the "alternate list". :( anyone get accepted after being on the alternate list?

It's nothing to worry about at all. Relax. Check the interview feedback for help in preparing for interviews. You are SO lucky to have all your interviews that close together!! Good luck! What is your first choice school?

UF is my top choice. I received my BS in Nutritional Sciences from UF so getting my PharmD from there would be awesome, seeing as they are a top 10 program. I was assigned to the St. Pete campus so I'm kinda bummed about that, but UF is UF I guess. I'm thinking about petitioning to get reassigned to the Gainesville campus. My reasoning: I am highly considering the dual MBA/PharmD program which is only offered in Gville.

About the interview dates, yes I did get lucky. I actually had a few dates to choose from and made it to where I could get them all done in the same week.

I just interviewed at Nova on Wednesday. They told me it takes 6-8 weeks to receive an admission decision, which seems very long. How long did it take you guys to get your admission decision after you interviewed? thanks :)

UF -- Interview 3/22
LECOM -- Still waiting
PBA -- Interview 3/26
Nova -- Interview 3/24

I just had my interview a few days ago. It was not very nerve racking at all. The two ladies who interviewed me were very nice, but after all this was my 5th interview lol so I think it definitely gets easier. Out of all the of the schools I interviewed at I was least impressed with Nova. They didn't really take the time to give us a good tour and talk about the school as every other school I have interviewed at has.

I just had my interview a few days ago. It was not very nerve racking at all. The two ladies who interviewed me were very nice, but after all this was my 5th interview lol so I think it definitely gets easier. Out of all the of the schools I interviewed at I was least impressed with Nova. They didn't really take the time to give us a good tour and talk about the school as every other school I have interviewed at has.

Where else have you interviewed at? My first choice was my first interview so I was really nervous. LOL

I just interviewed at Nova on Wednesday. They told me it takes 6-8 weeks to receive an admission decision, which seems very long. How long did it take you guys to get your admission decision after you interviewed? thanks :)

It was about 3-4 weeks for me. But I interviewed at West Palm and live there also...just a word of advice, if you haven't heard after those 6-8 weeks, call them. One of the girls that took us on the tour hadn't heard anything, called them, and her letter had been lost in the mail.