Anyone else get an interview to Nova yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oh okay, congrats and good luck on ur interview. mind sharing your stats?

check my pharmapps in avatar =)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know if there is an essay question for Nova for the supplementary? Can anyone tell me what is on the supplementary before I put it down on PHarmcAS?

thank you!

Do you guys know if there is an essay question for Nova for the supplementary? Can anyone tell me what is on the supplementary before I put it down on PHarmcAS?

thank you!

From what I remember (I filled out in the beginning of August) it was a bunch of little essays like why Nova and things like that, but nothing like the PharmCAS essay

Members don't see this ad :)
So, anyone else get contacted for an interview lately? I keep hoping they'll call before the holidays, it would be such a relief! I hope they'll make one more round of calls soon. :xf:

So, anyone else get contacted for an interview lately? I keep hoping they'll call before the holidays, it would be such a relief! I hope they'll make one more round of calls soon. :xf:

Ya! I keep hoping and praying for an interview. I applied back in mid-october. I'd be thrilled to hear from them!

I got my interview invitation on the Dec. 4 and jessi (scheduling lady) asked me if i want Dec. 16. When i replied her email she told me its now full. Now i have to wait till January to get a interview:(.

I got my interview invitation on the Dec. 4 and jessi (scheduling lady) asked me if i want Dec. 16. When i replied her email she told me its now full. Now i have to wait till January to get a interview:(.

wow so that must mean that they already contacted all the people for the Dec 16th interviews.. if it is full. :(

I got called for my interview on December 1st. Since I am interviewing to go to the West Palm campus, maybe that's why all the interviews were in January and not December?

Also, don't worry if you haven't heard back from Nova yet. I submitted PharmCAS EARLY August and the supplemental the NEXT day, and I am just hearing back from them now.

Advanced Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas People :)!

Anyways so I just got an email about my file being on hold until I sent in an unofficial transcript of my fall grades from Tracey...

Since my school doesn't have the email option I just copy/pasted it and sent it to her...

Anyone in the same boat or know if this a good or bad sign???

How long is the nearest airport from the school? Is the airport in Ft. Lauderdale? And are all of the interviews going to be held in the Ft. Lauderdale campus?

Not sure if you are still wondering this, but no, my interview will be held at the Palm Beach campus.

I dont think you guys have anything to worry about...I interviewed on the 1st of Dec and I was accepted three weeks later on christmas eve...when I was there they said they were suprised how small their applicant pool has been so far...So I still think your chances are good

what's the link to the nova suppl. application? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if you are still wondering this, but no, my interview will be held at the Palm Beach campus.

Yea I interviewed at the Ft. Lauderdale campus on 11/9 and got waitlisted. Am I the only one here who has been put on the waiting list? It seems like everyone who has interviewed so far has been accepted...

Nova will send supplemental application links via email to the participants in which they want to invite for interviews.

Nova will send supplemental application links via email to the participants in which they want to invite for interviews.

Good luck on your interview Monday, Adam! Are you interviewing for West Palm or the main campus?

Got an interview with Nova in November and became an Alternate, so I'm pretty bummed cuz it was my first choice. Does anyone know the acceptance rate for alternates at Nova?

Got an interview with Nova in November and became an Alternate, so I'm pretty bummed cuz it was my first choice. Does anyone know the acceptance rate for alternates at Nova?
Do you mind posting your stats? Thanks!

does Nova have a distance campus in Orlando? I thought they did but on the website they only had West Palm or Ft. L. I picked West Palm, got an interview offer so now I wonder if there is any chance I can do Orlando.

does Nova have a distance campus in Orlando? I thought they did but on the website they only had West Palm or Ft. L. I picked West Palm, got an interview offer so now I wonder if there is any chance I can do Orlando.

Nova has a BUNCH of campuses, but the only ones that offer the Pharm D. program are Davie, West Palm, and Puerto Rico.

I had my interview on January 22nd. I feel great about it! :)
I hope instincts are right!:xf:

In West Palm or Davie??? I had one in West Palm Friday too.
Woops...I mean on the 20th...wednesday.:idea: In West Palm! Did you like it there? How did your interview go?

Woops...I mean on the 20th...wednesday.:idea: In West Palm! Did you like it there? How did your interview go?

I really liked it there. I was so impressed by the technology! My interview went well aside from the fact that when they asked me why I had a C in Chem, I kind of froze up. But Nova is my #1 choice of schools, so I am really hoping I get in! How many people were in your interview? There were supposed to be 5 in my group, but one didn't show. Are you from West Palm? I am...

I was just curious to know if they give those nice business folders to everyone who interviews with them or just to those who they want in their program? I was accepted and received one of those business folders. I heard if they like you from what they read in your in application they give you laid back faculty to interview you and drill sergeants if they don't like you...don't know if it's true but that's what I heard.

I was just curious to know if they give those nice business folders to everyone who interviews with them or just to those who they want in their program? I was accepted and received one of those business folders. I heard if they like you from what they read in your in application they give you laid back faculty to interview you and drill sergeants if they don't like you...don't know if it's true but that's what I heard.

I got one as soon as I walked in. All four of us got them.

I was actually not given a business folder and was given drill sergeants who asked me all kinds of things from my PCAT to my future plans. But in the end, they did accept me. :laugh:

I really liked it there. I was so impressed by the technology! My interview went well aside from the fact that when they asked me why I had a C in Chem, I kind of froze up. But Nova is my #1 choice of schools, so I am really hoping I get in! How many people were in your interview? There were supposed to be 5 in my group, but one didn't show. Are you from West Palm? I am...
You will get in!!!:xf: Nova is my #1 choice also!!!:D There were only 3 of us! I was suprised...I thoght there are gonna be more candidates. Of course they called me last...but they were super nice! My sister just graduated from there, so they kinda knew me. I am from Vero Beach.

I don't understand why they still haven't contacted me for an interview and my GPA and PCAT scores are good and I applied early.

That's not fair at all.

I don't understand why they still haven't contacted me for an interview and my GPA and PCAT scores are good and I applied early.

That's not fair at all.

Don't be too hard on yourself; I had all my stuff in the beginning of August, and got contacted for the interview in December.

You will get in!!!:xf: Nova is my #1 choice also!!!:D There were only 3 of us! I was suprised...I thoght there are gonna be more candidates. Of course they called me last...but they were super nice! My sister just graduated from there, so they kinda knew me. I am from Vero Beach.

I really really REALLY hope I get in. =)

That's not fair at all.

Do you have pharmacy experience?

just got an interview invite........the email didn't mention the date at all. just said congratulations u have been accepted for the interview.......i checked the email late........i'll see wat happens tomorrow.

good luck everyone. Just had my interview. They definatly drilled me more so then any other interview I've been on. No really hard questions just stuff like "why do you want to do this?", "are you sure you really want to do this? how is it so different from other jobs in the field" etc. (basically no matter what I answered they questioned, but I feel better now knowing they do it to everybody).

good luck everyone. Just had my interview. They definatly drilled me more so then any other interview I've been on. No really hard questions just stuff like "why do you want to do this?", "are you sure you really want to do this? how is it so different from other jobs in the field" etc. (basically no matter what I answered they questioned, but I feel better now knowing they do it to everybody).

Good luck! Which campus did you interview at?

I was recently invited for an interview to NOVA!!! I was wondering what was the format of the interview and how long does it last typically?

submitted my supplemental apps in december, but I've still not heard back yet. LECOM-B has already given me an interview invitation and I would really hate to have to fly to Florida twice. Although I'm not even sure how I'd get from Bradenton to Fort Lauderdale anyway.

My interview was very laid back...There were four of us...We started out with a tour from one of the P1's...Had food and beverage and then we interviewed one by one...There were only two faculty members that interviewed me...They tried the whole good cop bad cop thing but I didn't really feed into it...Wasn't stressful at all...I think I was done in four hours or so...The campus is beatiful...I liked it a lot...As long as you go in enthusiastic and show them that you belong you shouldn't have a problem getting accepted...Remember the hardest part was getting the interview

I was recently invited for an interview to NOVA!!! I was wondering what was the format of the interview and how long does it last typically?

Check the interview feedback.

Has anyone that interviewed for the WPB Nova campus gotten a response yet? I know they said 8 weeks, but am wondering if it will go quicker. My interview was on the 15th..........and wondering if anyone has heard anything? If anyone was accepted to WPB, did you get a phonecall or just a certified letter?
Good luck everyone!:xf:

Has anyone that interviewed for the WPB Nova campus gotten a response yet? I know they said 8 weeks, but am wondering if it will go quicker. My interview was on the 15th..........and wondering if anyone has heard anything? If anyone was accepted to WPB, did you get a phonecall or just a certified letter?

I think you get a certified letter. My friend who goes there got a call, but that's because he was taken off the wait list and classes were starting really soon so they needed to contact him quickly.

I interviewed at the Davie Campus and it took 3 weeks to get a response...It was a certified letter...If you receive a big envelope (8 1/2 x 11) your in...If you receive a regular size letter most likely you've been waitlisted or rejected.

Oh that sounds better than 8 weeks. I'll make sure to grab the mail EVERY day starting Monday:) I never knew waiting could be so hard. Are you hoping for UF?

I interviewed in WPB on the 22nd and they said it would be 4-6 weeks until we knew anything because they explained the process to us. After the interview, the people who interviewed us gives a suggestion. Then applications go to the admissions commitee (on my interview day, Ms. Nappi said they weren't meeting for another 2 weeks), then they make a suggestion, then it ultimately goes to the dean who has final say. SO it does take a while.

But on a side note, the P1 girls who took me on the tour said this; the one was from Miami and she knew within a week because their admissions commitee was meeting that week and the other went to UF and her letter got LOST in the mail! So it took her about three weeks to find out after she called to see what was going on. I would be freaking out if that happened to me!!

Oh that sounds better than 8 weeks. I'll make sure to grab the mail EVERY day starting Monday:) I never knew waiting could be so hard. Are you hoping for UF?

Yes I am...there's nothing like in-state-tuition...I really liked Nova a lot but UF is the cheaper school...The waiting game is killing me too...hopefully you'll get in

The committee met this past Friday (feb 5) according to one of the secretaries....So maybe we'll hear this week after the dean goes through to approve their decisions.

I completed my application last week and was notified of an interview today.