• Forums Updates - Tuesday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Tuesday, June 11 starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

Any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Albert Einstein via e-mail today (10/6). Good luck everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Cornell today via email.

For UCSF my understanding is they wait for the deans letter to come out and then they send interviews all in one day. So I am not suprised if they have not downloaded people's apps if they have no intention of offering interviews for over a month.

just a quick question... for those who got cornell, do most of you have step 1 >230?
would appreciate any input... thanks!!!

continued good luck to everyone and congrats to those who have received interview offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gator05 said:
Out of curiosity, has anyone heard from Duke, WF, B&W?

Interview from B&W 10/1 (If I remember correctly), Duke just downloaded my app last week, but no word, and Wake Forest has sent a few invites out by "snail" ;) mail this last week, but I didn't see one. Wait and see I guess.

How's Gainesville, Gator? I hope everything's going well down there after that big hurricane target has been lifted from your state.

Tiffin, I PM'd you.

IV Doc said:
Cornell today via email.

For UCSF my understanding is they wait for the deans letter to come out and then they send interviews all in one day. So I am not suprised if they have not downloaded people's apps if they have no intention of offering interviews for over a month.

Last year UCSF sent out letters the beginning of November by snail mail. Actually I received UCSF, UCSD and Stanford all in the same week in November. They all wait for Dean letters.

so far...

hopkins
U Mich
UCONN
Monte
Stony Brook
Rochestor
Pitt..

I need some more NYC programs.....WTF !!!!!!

Doing a rotation at UPENN right now....loving it....

Good luck people.....

University of Pittsburgh (10/6) by email.

Dorian Gray said:
Interview from B&W 10/1 (If I remember correctly), Duke just downloaded my app last week, but no word, and Wake Forest has sent a few invites out by "snail" ;) mail this last week, but I didn't see one. Wait and see I guess.

WF emailed 9/21, got snail mail 9/22.

so Far,

U of Iowa
U of Michigan
U of Rush
Cleveland Clinic
U of Miami (10/4)
Einstein (10/6)

Members don't see this ad :)
For you WF guys, did you all have research?

Interviews so far:
SLU
Baylor
UT Houston
UTMB
Columbia
Cornell
Wake Forest
UCLA-Harbor

Prelim med:
Baylor
UT Southwestern
Alameda County Highland

Steps 215/233. Two basic science research pubs and currently ongoing anesthesia research study. 2nd quarter of class. A's in 5/6 core clerkships and honors in 2 4th yr. anesthesia electives. Hope this helps...

No research/pubs for me (concerning WF)

Swaydaa said:
No research/pubs for me (concerning WF)

Thanks Swaydaa, and congrats on all the interviews.

University of New Mexico (10/7) via email.

woohoo! Columbia! Praise the Lord! So whos gonna be there Oct 29???

thus far:
St Vincents
NYU
Columbia
UMDNJ-Newark

Albert Einstein-Philly (IM Prelim)

See ChillinDRdude, you were freakin out way to early. Congrats on the columbia interview....sweet!!

Swaydaa said:
University of New Mexico (10/7) via email.

Recieved a call from University of New Mexico (10/7) via email. When do you plan to schedule Swaydaa??
ANYONE any reviews about this program

echo wash u... got it today 10/8. i hear it is a GREAT program. has anybody heard anything else?

rush today via email

Miami (10/8) via mail
Wash U (10/7) via email

Griffin Hospital for transitional and preliminary medicine (10/8) via email.

got cleveland clinic later today as well.......keep em coming

Hey everyone...congrats so far!

Here's what I have....
UTMB
UT-Hou
Baylor
UT-San Antonio (anyone know anything about that program?)
Emory (phone)
New Mexico

Hopefully more to come!

DOrian....congrats on Duke. They are finally sending out invites. I'd lovveee to get one of those!

Did they notify you by email?

Thanks Sway, I did actually get it via email. Good luck. I would like to get that WF interview you guys have gotten.

Interviews so far:

Emory
Michigan
Baylor
UTMB
Indiana
Wake Forest

TY:

Methodist and St. V's.

gotten the boot:
Cornell :mad: they can SUCK me! :laugh:

Nothing from Cali except an email from UCLA about surgery internship--no thanks!

V

I got a letter in the mail from Case Western today. Thinking it was an offer to interview for their program (or worst case...regrets), I tore it open to find...

<drum roll>

a soliticitation to consider their Family Medicine program :mad:

The kicker is...the letter was dated August, 2003 :eek:

WTF!!!!

With this level of ineptitude, it makes me wonder why I even bothered why I applied to that program...<sigh>

Still waiting for other offers!

- Joe

So far...

Wayne State
Umass
Baystate
Jackson m.
New Mexico
U of Washington
U of Rochester
UCI
UCLA-Harbor
Uconn
U Pitt

Denied
Cleveland Clinic
Cornell

Prelim medicine
Las Vegas
Reno
Cook County
Maricopa, AZ

Probably applied to too many programs... :idea:

Thanks to those of you who have been posting your USMLE scores. It is helpful to those of us who will be applying next year. Congrats on the interviews.

I guess it's my turn to step up and put my list down. I've been frequenting this page for too long.

Mayo (Rochester)
U Mich
U Iowa
Rush (Chicago)
U Wisconsin
Vanderbilt
Wash U

Transition Year
Aurora Milwaukee

All via e-mail except Vandy
No rejections yet (fingers crossed)

Step 1 241 :)

To date:

Mayo (Rochester)
Uconn
Umass
Hopkins
Georgetown
Cleveland Clinic
Pitt
Rochester

Thankfully, no rejections yet!

Step 1 - 217/88
Step 2 - 236/96
COMLEX 1 - 570
COMLEX 2 - ?

-B

I've been reading this forum for over a year now, and I think it's my turn to share. I'm hoping that this is useful/ encouraging to those of you who didn't do so well on Step I. I am an FMG, no research, no publications, bottom half of my class, honored all cores and electives except for Internal Medicine and Derm, very good LORs (3 anesth). Step I- 202/81 Step II- 251/99 I applied to 85% of the programs and this is my response so far:
U-Mass
U-Rochester
UC-Irvine
UCLA Harbor
WFU
U-New Mexico
U-Pittsburg
Jackson Memorial
Albert Einstein

Transitional:
U-Tennesse
Aultman
St. Luke's/Aurora (WI)
St. Luke's (PA)
Providence
Bassett
Wilson/United Health Services
Marshfield Clinic
Arrowhead

Prelim:
Maricopa
U Nevada (Reno)
EVMS
ECU
Rochester General
U Nebraska

I think the moral of this story is for those of you who didn't do as well as you would have liked on Step I a)do really well on step II b) APPLY BROADLY. Hope this makes some of you who'll apply next year and didn't get in the 250's on step I a little more relaxed. Congrats to everyone on their interviews and good luck on the interview trail! :D

Guess my complaining about that last letter did some good...

Case Western Reserve, 10/11 by snail mail

Yee-ha! :laugh:

- Joe

drsleepytime said:
Guess my complaining about that last letter did some good...

Case Western Reserve, 10/11 by snail mail

Yee-ha! :laugh:

- Joe

How did you get snail mail on Columbus Day....There is no mail today in the United States.

vtach said:
How did you get snail mail on Columbus Day....There is no mail today in the United States.

It's magic!!

But seriously...this was in a pile of mail leftover from the weekend. Probably leftover from Saturday, but I'm gonna count it as today just to be different. :p

- Joe

UT San Antonio today, email