Any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cleveland Clinic, Rush, Baystate, Dartmouth (9/27) ... good day today

Members don't see this ad.

Interview offer from UMASS (9/27) via Email.

Got the axe from Cleveland Clinic today via Email.

Cleveland Clinic, Rush... Also a good day. I was starting to get worried. It had been 2+ weeks since I heard from any program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay. So I now have two pre-lim interviews set up, but I'm worried. I haven't recieved any Anesthesia interviews yet, which is not TOO concerning since it's only been one week since I applied. Here's my issue: What happens if I keep getting and scheduling these pre-lim offers and then LATER I start getting anesthesia interviews and the dates CONFLICT (i.e. interview date between pre-lim/transitional and anesthesia)?? I mean, I'm just picking dates that sound okay to me right now, but I'm basically shooting in the dark.

Anyone know any strategies to avoid conflicts?

Rush and Cleveland Clinic Today! Not bad for a guy with less than average look and a lisp.

Pretty Happy since I dont have a Gas LOR in yet

Good luck to all

sethco said:
Cleveland Clinic, Rush... Also a good day. I was starting to get worried. It had been 2+ weeks since I heard from any program.

Must have been the day for the Clinic to send out invites....

MY FIRST ONE...MY FIRST ONE!!! :D WOOHOO!

Cleveland Clinic, 9/27 by email.

Seth, give a shout-out when you have a confirmed date. If we are there the same day, perhaps we can swap notes on stuff.

- Joe

Same here... got my first interview from the cleveland clinic. sent in my application on 9/20. my transcript was downloaded on 9/24. 2/3 LoR's in.

Baystate, email, 9/27

Congrats on all the interviews...esp those with their first!!!

This has been a good day for all of us.

Joe,

I scheduled Cleveland Clinic for 11/22, so I can hit that on the way back from Michigan (11/20). Got lucky with Michigan paying for 2 nights hotel. :)

Look forward to seeing you and anybody else on the interview trail. Good to meet all you fellow SDNers. I will be at Hopkins 11/29, UTSW 1/14. Holding off on scheduling Rush until I see what else I can consolidate into 1 trip. Sounds like most people had a great day yesterday. Let's get some more. :thumbup:

hey another interview... hopefully this well get things going. georgetown 9/28

Members don't see this ad :)
NEXT!

Doctors Hospital West (D.O. gas), 9/28 by email

Groovy :cool:

Cornell (9/28).

Any contact from NYC medicine prelims?

-F

Baylor 9/27 via email
Vanderbilt 9/27 via letter

Hey, also picked up Cornell today, as for prelims in NYC I?ve scheduled Winthrop, SVC, and Maimonides (IM and transitional).
Keeping my fingers crossed, and keeping the faith. :D

So far,

UF (first week)
Rush, Baystate (9/27)
Dartmouth, Cornell (9/28)

Only one prelim (UIC)

To Those with invites to cornell, did you have all your LORs in?

thanks

mike

Got Cornell and Jackson Memorial today... I have 3/4 letters in.

For those of who who received interview responses from Rush, Vanderbilt, and Georgetown, how many of your letters of rec were in?

mikeshana said:
To Those with invites to cornell, did you have all your LORs in?

thanks

mike

yes, 3 letters in

u of r 9/28
as for Cornell I had 1 of 2 LOR in
peace
:sleep:

It's a good idea to request an extra LOR or even 2. Sometimes letters that you request don't get done for a couple of months and that really holds things up. The doc may be really busy or they may not really want to write a letter for you. One that I requested didn't get written until December. If I hadn't had a backup it might have hurt my application. A number of my friends had this happen as well. You goal should be to have your part of the application (CAF, personal statement, etc) done now and all your letters in my the time the Dean's letter comes out.

U Rochester also 7/29

Congrats to everyone and continued good luck!

Lesson learned....

When a big-name program sends you an interview invitation, schedule it IMMEDIATELY!! I had to wait exactly 3 days in an effort to schedule my other Cleveland residency option (Case Western...and they never responded), and then was told by CCF that ALL their original dates had been filled. :(

So, it looks like I'm relegated to a date in January...<sigh>.

Drat!

- Joe

Mayo (Rochester) 9/30
OHSU (Oregon that is) 9/30

UT-Houston by email 9/28

Invitation to Wake Forest today by regular mail (9/30)

University of Rochester yesterday via email (9/29)

So far:

1. ST Louis University....already did the interview. Went to the Hard Rock Cafe the night before and had a good time. Totally laid back program with a cush transitional. Great for Peds. Light on OB. Interview was awesome. Excellent simulator/difficult airway lab. Attendings were VERY easy to talk to. Low cost of living and plenty of things to do with the family. I was pleasently surprised. May actually be too laid back. Research is OK/average. Residents seemed Very happy. Every resident I talked to finished or will finish their required #'s by end of second year. Bottom line...very clinically orientated and work around 70 hours a week. PM me if you have any questions.

2. University of Florida
3. Umass
4. U of Rochester
5. Wake Forest
6. UCONN
7. Univ of Louisville

Rejected from John Hopkins and Cleveland Clinic. :mad:

OHSU, UT-Houston, UCI (9/30)

so far...

jhu
emory
ohsu
cleveland clinic
uc irvine (by email tonight)

Duke finally Downloads!! 5:00 P.M tonight (9/30)

Excited to hear about the invites.

I've been away for a while, but I'm currently sitting on Cornell, Emory, Hopkins. Since I'm gone, snail mail may have arrived from WF/UNC. (I hate snail mail places - I literally have no way to go back to NYC over the next few weeks to check my mail. Should probably just call the places and ask if I've been offered an interview). Another 3-4 prelim interviews.

Glad Duke finally downloaded the info, but what about UCSF? Still no download for me. Are there any other programs out there that still haven't downloaded, or is UCSF pulling up the rear?

Good luck. Let's hope today/next week bring good news for us all.

UCSF has had my stuff downloaded since early september...did you turn in your app early?

i haven't gotten interview invites from any prelim programs...is it because i don't have all my letters in? (3/4) :confused:

jayhawk said:
i haven't gotten interview invites from any prelim programs...is it because i don't have all my letters in? (3/4) :confused:

Doubt it. I've gotten a few interview invites from Pre-lim/transitional programs even though NONE of my letters are in. On the otherhand, I've heard nothing from Anesthesia programs.

Interview #2
UCI today

others
JHU

Swaydaa said:
UCONN (10/1) via Email
has anybody heard from any ny/boston programs? (besides cornell)... if not, do you know when they generally start to send out interviews?

haven't heard anything for a couple of days... i hate this :(

Univ of louisville (10/1) via snail mail

tiffin25 said:
has anybody heard from any ny/boston programs? (besides cornell)... if not, do you know when they generally start to send out interviews?

haven't heard anything for a couple of days... i hate this :(

Received an invite from the MGH on 9/28 via e-mail. Haven't heard from other Boston programs.

Zubin