Any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wake Forest (by Snail Mail 10/9)
Penn St (10/11 e-mail)
St. Luke's/KC (10/11 e-mail)

Members don't see this ad.

University of Missouri-Columbia via email (10/12)

Members don't see this ad :)
UC Davis (10/12) by email :D

Albany via email 10/12
Northwestern via email/?phone (not at home) 10/12

UC Davis - today via email

Interview #2: Northwestern 10/12 via e-mail and phone.

Cornell 10/12 (came as soon as #2 LOR was in)
St Vincents 10/12 (samething)

So far
UMDNJ Newark
Columbia
Wash U
Miami

Trans/Prelim
Jackson Memorial
Flushing
Morristown
Jersey Shore

i hope i get one soon from Cornell and Northwestern...

Has anyone here applied to U of Washington in Seattle? I'm wondering if they wait for a complete file or the Dean's letter.

I'm just waiting for my Chairman's letter....
Step I 245, Bottom half of class, some research

I think Mount Sinai in NYC just sent out interview email offers today, 10/13.. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
just out of curiosity... dr g... did you get one from mt sinai or did you hear that they were sending them out. from what i understood in their inital email to me was that they were not sending out invites until november.

So far....
UVA
MCV
Alabama
Wake Forest
Mayo Jacksonville
U of F

Transition at Roanoke

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM MUSC?

Thanks, and good luck to you all....

Tiffin25,
I am presently doing an elective there wiith two friends. I checked my email today after my friends told me that they just received an email from them. I'm not sure if it's because my elective ends next week and live in Chicago. You may be correct that they are not sending out (non-courtesy) invites until Nov. Good luck.
I was too excited to get the email as this is my number one choice. This is my only away rotation and do not know how courtesy interview works. I apologize if this was a false alarm.

hey no prob...

i was just making sure. either way, congratulations!!! i hear mssm is a great hospital. good luck with future invites.

peace

Maine Medical Center by email (10/13)

University of Cincinnatti (10/13) via email.

#8 St lukes/Roosevelt

Hey for those of you who got St Vincents in Manhattan, are you talking about the preliminary prog. or anesth, because they said in the email they are waiting until Nov. to send out interviews.

Medical College of Georgia (10/13) via email.

Well, I'm finally "off the Schneid". I got my first invite today. Of course, I applied slightly later than most of you did (mostly due to Step 2 prep). So, serves me right. But, I'm happy to say that it is, at least for right now, my top choice. Needless to say, I'm a bit relieved.

-Skip

got MT SINAI and ST LUKES today....

finally NYC programs.....

NRMP may take me outta NYC, but it can never take the NYC outta me........LET'S GO YANKEES....keep the curse alive....

IV DOC----> from the email i got from st vin, i think it is going to be a 4 yr program now meaning you have to do the CBY there (which sucks for me bc i want to do an osteopathic internship)....this is what was stated in their "we got your appy and we will be sending out invites later" email few weeks ago....hope that helps

for those that are going to be at
Hopkins on Dec 14
UMich Dec 18
UPitt Dec 1
Monte Nov 23
CCF Jan 3rd
Sinai Nov 17

Hit me up.....

Good Luck....

Wake Forest (10/13) via standard mail.

It was St Vincent's anesthesia which will include the trans year.
They do Saturday interviews

G

did anyone just get a confirmation email from stanford?
it said they just got my application and will wait until nov.1st to review it and will notify me by nov. 4th.
its odd, becuase they've dl my application for bout a month already.. and... id think it take more then 3 days (nov.1st-nov.4th) for them to read through everyone's application that they've downloaded..... part of me is hoping they've already placed by file into a 'pre-interview' file already and are just waitin until nov.1st deans letter to confirm whether to send interview on nov.4th.
anyways... i'm sure i sound like one of those obsessive med students... ha.

j_sde said:
did anyone just get a confirmation email from stanford?
it said they just got my application and will wait until nov.1st to review it and will notify me by nov. 4th.
its odd, becuase they've dl my application for bout a month already.. and... id think it take more then 3 days (nov.1st-nov.4th) for them to read through everyone's application that they've downloaded..... part of me is hoping they've already placed by file into a 'pre-interview' file already and are just waitin until nov.1st deans letter to confirm whether to send interview on nov.4th.
anyways... i'm sure i sound like one of those obsessive med students... ha.
The funny thing is I got the same email but they told me I would be told of their decision on Nov 5 (not the 4th like you). So maybe I am a little farther down the interview list than you. However I would expect that like many of the programs that wait for the dean's letter they have already made a preliminary decision and now are just waiting on the letter to make a final decision on who to interview. Lets just say that the first week of Nov will be a time to bite my nails as I check my email every hour.

These are the programs which I think wait for the deans letter.
UCSF
Stanford
UCSD
Mount Sinai
St Vincents????? (The reason I asked my prior question is they said they wait for the dean's letter in the email they sent, before making decisions and I was wondering if they have changed this policy by sending out interviews already)

Wake Forest 10/11 (snail mail)
UC Davis today
Also got the same email from Stanford, saying they'd let me know on the 5th.

Duke tonight via email.

Which, it being December...do you think there would be a, um, "political" issue during basketball season with scheduling Duke and UNC back-to-back?

I guess blue will be the color of the week. :rolleyes:

Anesthesiology
UMDNJ-New Jersey
Maimonides
Columbia
University of Rochester Program
St Vincent's
SUNY at Buffalo
Cornell
Mount Sinai
New York Medical College
SUNY Upstate
Albany
SUNY at Stony Brook
Penn State

Prelim/Transitional
Winthrop
Maimonides (P/T)
Nassau University (P)
LIJ(p)
St. Lukes(p)
St Vincent's(p/t)
New York Medical College (Brooklyn-Queens) (p)
Wilson Memorial (T)
Flushing Hospital (t)

oK and I'm avg., nothing special, just a simple guy, who loves what he does

bignursemd said:
Anesthesiology
UMDNJ-New Jersey
Maimonides
Columbia
University of Rochester Program
St Vincent's
SUNY at Buffalo
Cornell
Mount Sinai
New York Medical College
SUNY Upstate
Albany
SUNY at Stony Brook
Penn State

Prelim/Transitional
Winthrop
Maimonides (P/T)
Nassau University (P)
LIJ(p)
St. Lukes(p)
St Vincent's(p/t)
New York Medical College (Brooklyn-Queens) (p)
Wilson Memorial (T)
Flushing Hospital (t)

oK and I'm avg., nothing special, just a simple guy, who loves what he does

I got this a few days ago...

Thank you for your interest in the Department of Anesthesiology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center. I just want to confirm that we have received your ERAS application. We will be starting the interview selection process in early November, once deans letters and transcripts are released.

In the interum, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at 212 xxx-xxxx.

We look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

Madey Cruz
Residency Training Administrator

are you sure you got an interview or the above message?

i was wondering the same thing.

Jeff05 said:
I got this a few days ago...

Thank you for your interest in the Department of Anesthesiology at the Mount Sinai Medical Center. I just want to confirm that we have received your ERAS application. We will be starting the interview selection process in early November, once deans letters and transcripts are released.

In the interum, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at 212 xxx-xxxx.

We look forward to meeting you!

Sincerely,

Madey Cruz
Residency Training Administrator

are you sure you got an interview or the above message?

Ok so yes, I did get that same message,--on sept 3rd, and yesterday 0ct.13th----I Received another letter?.brief synopsis ?Interviews are conducted Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays?. etc....etc.....8:15-, spending most of the day in scrubs......"you get the picture.
so yes I did receive an interview, and please don?t get your knickers in a twist?.
;)

It is good to know they have started sending out interviewes, congrats on the interview.

how did you get your dean's letter and your transcript in at this time? i thought deans letters were released on nov. 1. i don't mean to be a d@ucheb@g, just trying to understand.

the following is verbatim from sinai's website:

"the Department of Anesthesiology will only be accepting applications for the 2004-2005 Match through the Electronic Resident Application System (ERAS).

Applications need to be complete for review and interview consideration. Therefore no application will be considered before November 1, 2003, the date the Dean's letters become available.

Thank you for your interest in our Department and we look forward to receiving your application."

i think one can appreciate my ongoing confusion.

bignursemd said:
Ok so yes, I did get that same message,--on sept 3rd, and yesterday 0ct.13th----I Received another letter?.brief synopsis ?Interviews are conducted Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays?. etc....etc.....8:15-, spending most of the day in scrubs......"you get the picture.
so yes I did receive an interview, and please don?t get your knickers in a twist?.
;)

first, congrats again to those who got mssm interviews. i think that those who did are obviously well qualified and have done an away rotation there. i think that this is where the confusion lies. either way, mssm is obviously a highly desirable program and again, i am happy for those who got interviews.

second, another quick question... to those who got SLR in manhattan. did you guys get the Preliminary program or did you get the Anesthesiology Program? Just wondering... I know that they sent out prelims (i have mine soon), but i was not aware that they sent out other interview invites.

lastly, did EVERYONE who applied to Stanford get the same e-mail (i.e.- thanks for your interest... we will let you know on Nov4 or 5th?)

Just wondering... hope all is well with everyone.

invited to SLR Anesthesiology 10/13

tiffin25 said:
first, congrats again to those who got mssm interviews. i think that those who did are obviously well qualified and have done an away rotation there. i think that this is where the confusion lies. either way, mssm is obviously a highly desirable program and again, i am happy for those who got interviews.

second, another quick question... to those who got SLR in manhattan. did you guys get the Preliminary program or did you get the Anesthesiology Program? Just wondering... I know that they sent out prelims (i have mine soon), but i was not aware that they sent out other interview invites.

lastly, did EVERYONE who applied to Stanford get the same e-mail (i.e.- thanks for your interest... we will let you know on Nov4 or 5th?)

Just wondering... hope all is well with everyone.

#3 Jacobi Medical Center via email today for prelim medicine
It is about time for these prelim medicine program to start rolling in

it's all about MSSM this year......bignurse, i got the same email as you....im starting my away there 10/25.....and for stanford i got that same email....waiting till nov 5th BLAH BLAH....

"WHO's YOUR DADDY?"

Suck it Pedro and Curt.....

add metropolitian hospital in NYC for preliminary to the list.

Add..
Penn State (10/14)
Univ. of Kentucky (10/14)

UPENN via email (10/14)

My hometown program chimed in today:

University of Kentucky, 10/14 by email

- Joe