Any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University of Chicago (10/15) by email

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i wish more places would follow the lead of penn and book us hotels for the nite. looks like this is gonna be an expensive process.

j_sde said:
i wish more places would follow the lead of penn and book us hotels for the nite. looks like this is gonna be an expensive process.

Intersting; aren't most programs booking hotels?

To date, only MGH has asked me to find my own expensive hole in the snow. Most of the southeastern programs kindly put you up for the night; for Emory, 2 nights!

Gator05 said:
Intersting; aren't most programs booking hotels?

To date, only MGH has asked me to find my own expensive hole in the snow. Most of the southeastern programs kindly put you up for the night; for Emory, 2 nights!

All mine are paid for except UMASS. New Mexico pays 2 nights hotel (and $2000 in moving expenses :eek: )

Case Western (University Hospitals) 10/12
UC Davis 10/13
Medical College of Georgia 10/13
Penn 10/15

...Probably applied to too many programs (35). 14 invites, 0 rejects thus far...Hope evrybody is doing well...

All programs thus far are paying for the hotel room except Rush and UC Davis (paying half of the bill for one night). Michigan is also paying for two nights accomodation. :thumbup:

St. vincents prelim/trans in Connecticut (10/15) via Email.
Mt Carmel transitional in Ohio (10/15) via Email.

SUNY Upstate for Gas (10/15) via Email.

OHSU 9/20 by email
UConn 9/22 by email
Iowa 9/23 by email
Mayo-Roc 9/30 by email
UT-Galveston 10/5 by email
Univ of Utah 10/15 by email

georgetown anesthesia

george washington prelim medicine

i don't believe UTMB Galveston is handing out hotels either. Only one so far that's not helping. OHSU even pays for shuttle and UNM pays for 2 nights stay. :D

do places only go out of their way to pay for a hotel room only if they want you badly? is it safe to say that if you are only a 'averagely' desired candidate by a program they won't bother to book a hotel on you?

Members don't see this ad :)
chillindrdude said:
do places only go out of their way to pay for a hotel room only if they want you badly? is it safe to say that if you are only a 'averagely' desired candidate by a program they won't bother to book a hotel on you?

No. Programs definitely do NOT differentiate between candidates for lodging. That would create a LOT of animosity among the interviewees.

you think so? i've received hotel arrangements from only one place that offered me interviews...

A lot of places have pulled back from offering lodging simply because of the high interest in the field. In the 90's, many programs provided air fare, lodging for two days, all other travel expenses, and a lot of gift items. This decade has shown that there is certainly no lack of interest in the field so the programs do not feel the need to provide extra incentives to interview at their particular programs, although I am sure some still do provide extra inducements.

I've scheduled interviews early on at a few places that I don't think I will have time to go to anymore. Does anybody have any insight into a good way of going about dropping them? Thanks.

just write a tactful/polite letter saying that you are no longering considering their program.

in addition to the letter, i would also call to expedite the process

UPenn 10/15
Georgetown 10/16 (weird to get one on a weekend)
Northwestern 10/18

Weschester by snail mail (10/18)

Medical College of Wisconsin (10/18) via email

Recieved an invitation to interview today 10/18
They say they wish to interview for CA-1 position
Isnt this program categorical as well?
They have a description of the Clinical base year on their website.
Dont have any prelim calls from anywhere....

SUNY Downstate (10/18)
New York Medical (snail mail 10/12)

New York Medical by snail mail.
West Penn by e-mail. :luck:

Rejection for 2 transitionals :(

Western Penn via email (10/18)

Got the AXE from Colorado :mad:

OHSU 9/20 by email
UConn 9/22 by email
Iowa 9/23 by email
Mayo-Roc 9/30 by email
UT-Galveston 10/5 by email
Univ of Utah 10/15 by email
Dartmouth 10/18 by email
MCW 10/18 by email

Wake Forest 10/11 via snail mail
U Colorado 10/18 via email

For those of you with Oregon interviews, did you have any trouble hearing back from them after you requested an interview date? I haven't heard anything since I sent in my request.

i finally emailed the coordinator from ohsu about if she had me scheduled for an interview (i never got a confirmation) and she said yes she had me down and that she would email me the hotel/interview information (this was one week ago). we will see what happens!

Add NYU to the list via email today

In the past 2 days:
Dartmouth
Duke
Kentucky
Med Coll Wisconsin
MGH!

[previous: Cleveland, U Florida, Rochester, Baylor, UTMB, Pitt, Vandy, JHU, columbia, cornell, Med Coll VA, PennState]

awaiting: U Penn, Wake and I'm golden. :D
surprised I haven't heard from: U Maryland, UVa, Baystate, NWestern, Michigan, Jefferson

...definitely applied to too many progs... ~30...

St Luke's Roosevelt: 10/19 via email
Loyola (Chicago): 10/19 via email

SLR today 10/19, but the email was dated 10/15. is that weird?

tiffin25 said:
SLR today 10/19, but the email was dated 10/15. is that weird?

Yeah, that's what mine said too, but my message on ERAS was dated correctly.

Strange.

You guys are bumming me out. I've only gotten three invites so far.

:(

-Skip

Hi everyone

hope everyone is getting the interviws they want

For those with interviews to NYU, what dates are available?

Thanks

mike

mikeshana said:
Hi everyone

hope everyone is getting the interviws they want

For those with interviews to NYU, what dates are available?

Thanks

mike

Thursdays: November 18, December 2, December 9, December 16, December 23, 2004 and January 6, January 13, January 20, January 27, February 3, 2005

Sorry, but what dates are the jefferson interviews (im trying to coordinate everything)

Thanks
Mike