Any African American women on SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do any of you girls have natural hair?

I am finding my hair very hard to manage, I use to braids and sew-ins but I am tired that.

Anyone had a keratin treatment?
Lol that did come out of nowhere. I'm not natural but I decided I'm going to transition during med school!!! Idk. I always knew before this decision that I wanted to raise my kids natural and felt it would be odd for me to tell them to stay that way when mommy has straight hair herself. lol. So I figure med school would be the perfect time to grow it out so by the time I actually do have kids it'll be decent length.

I always wanted to ask how you black men feel about black women with natural hair though? Any thoughts/preferences? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I always wanted to ask how you black men feel about black women with natural hair though? Any thoughts/preferences? :)

That deserves it's own thread! :laugh:

Seriously though, I've gone perm, natural, perm, natural since I was 18. If you have questions about how that's affected my dating life feel free to PM me. The short version is a certain population of guys like the perm, a different population like the natural. You can guess which group tends to be either the crunchy granola type or the neo-black militants. The perm preference is definitely the majority, although that may be regional (my experience is midwest and midatlantic).

Lol that did come out of nowhere. I'm not natural but I decided I'm going to transition during med school!!! Idk. I always knew before this decision that I wanted to raise my kids natural and felt it would be odd for me to tell them to stay that way when mommy has straight hair herself. lol. So I figure med school would be the perfect time to grow it out so by the time I actually do have kids it'll be decent length.

Haha I thought the same thing as I was growing up. I was natural most of my life and went natural 6months before and throughout my pregnancy. It was bad. I have extremely thick hair, not coarse, just have a lot of hair. After my child was born I stayed natural for a couple months, but I couldn't survive anymore haha, I was getting dominican blowouts and they were always burning me, and I tried like 10 salons. My daughter's hair is as straight and black as an asian girl haha. So I imagine I can keep her natural without her noticing any contradictions, because she doesn't need it anyway!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I thought the same thing as I was growing up. I was natural most of my life and went natural 6months before and throughout my pregnancy. It was bad. I have extremely thick hair, not course, just have a lot of hair. After my child was born I stayed natural for a couple months, but I couldn't survive anymore haha, I was getting dominican blowouts and they were always burning me, and I tried like 10 salons. My daughter's hair is as straight and black as an asian girl haha. So I imagine I can keep her natural without her noticing any contradictions, because she doesn't need it anyway!
Lol. Lucky you!! Is your husband Asian?

I am finding my hair very hard to manage, I use to braids and sew-ins but I am tired that.

I have natural hair (1.5 years). After my BC I stuck to braids and sew-ins but now I pretty much wear it natural in a wash-n-go, poof, or twist-out. I'll straighten it myself once every two months and for every performance.

Have you tried homemade protein treatments? Those work wonders for me.

Lol. Lucky you!! Is your husband Asian?

Nope caucasian 0_o Actually when we went to one of my interviews for permanent residency, they IO said, "ummm your child is Asian" (he was Asian btw) We busted out laughing. Of course he then got birth certificates and what not, but initially he was dead serious. I imagine he sees a lo of crazy ish from immigrants.

Nope caucasian 0_o Actually when we went to one of my interviews for permanent residency, they IO said, "ummm your child is Asian" (he was Asian btw) We busted out laughing. Of course he then got birth certificates and what not, but initially he was dead serious. I imagine he sees a lo of crazy ish from immigrants.
LOL....that is sooo funny. Your daughter must be so adorable.

I know I'm Puerto Rican, but I'ma jump in here anyway haha. I LOVE and PREFER women with natural hair.

My $0.02

I know I'm Puerto Rican, but I'ma jump in here anyway haha. I LOVE and PREFER women with natural hair.

My $0.02
Lol is that natural curly or natural afro type.... I know for some guys it depends.

:thumbup:

You betta swirl!! lol (Swirl is a term me and my friends use for interracial love lol) I hardly see any AA women with other races, especially caucasian. Usually its the other way around.. but lets not get into that lol

How old is your daughter?

Lol is that natural curly or natural afro type.... I know for some guys it depends.

I personally love an afro, but I understand that isn't feasible for everyone. To be honest it kind of depends on facial structure...some women can pull it off and some can't. For me it's more about loving who you are and not trying to conform to some westernized standard of beauty (you can probably guess the direction I'm coming from based on my avatar lol).

Once again, just my $0.02 lol

My $0.02

Most of the Ricans I know are black so welcome!

Also heyyyy ;)

Last edited:
I personally love an afro, but I understand that isn't feasible for everyone. To be honest it kind of depends on facial structure...some women can pull it off and some can't. For me it's more about loving who you are and not trying to conform to some westernized standard of beauty (you can probably guess the direction I'm coming from based on my avatar lol).

lol I get you....totally understandable

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Yeah I don't have any friends myself who are AA females with another race. I was never thought to look at color, I have had relationships with black, hispanic, chinese, indian---a lot of indian growing up for some reason haha- (that's another story). My hubby is of german descent, so that's as white as it gets lol. SO yes I am swirling Vanilla, Chocolate soft serve :D
My DD is a toddler!

Chem Eng,
I think it is a bit presumptive to say women who straighten their hair want to be westernized, personally for me it's just easier with straight here. My siblings all have natural hair, though much thinner (think brazillian curls) but I cannot deal with curls with the amount of hair I have, one bad hair day turns into the hair monster very quickly.

A <25 year old former illegal immigrant mother in an interracial marriage who has dated the rainbow.

WhittyPsyche, you have got to be the most fascinating person on SDN! I'm also dying to know you and your husband's how-we-met story. :love:

My $0.02

+1. But i am biased as i have locks. Yup an AA male soon to be 1st year with locks lol. Now that is a different story all in itself. I often wonder how females especially in medical school will view it. Opinions?

Most of the Ricans I know are black so welcome!

Also heyyyy ;)

What's good? ;-)

Chem Eng,
I think it is a bit presumptive to say women who straighten their hair want to be westernized, personally for me it's just easier with straight here. My siblings all have natural hair, though much thinner (think brazillian curls) but I cannot deal with curls with the amount of hair I have, one bad hair day turns into the hair monster very quickly.

I am not saying that it is the only reason someone would rock their hair straight, but I believe it is an entrenched belief in this country that femininity is attached to one's hair length, especially in white society. A homegirl of mine who goes natural told me about how in grad school she straightened her hair one time and one of her profs told her that she "actually looked like a woman". So I think it is undeniable that it is a part of our society and people are pressured into a standard even if they aren't aware they are pressured...subliminal type thing.

I am not gonna judge somebody based on their hair choice...do what works for you, but I know what I prefer haha although I've dated pretty much any hair style you can think of, save for dreads.

Keratin isn't great for the health of your hair. You may want to invest in some quality products that can help with manageability. I use sulfate free shampoos and rarely straighten my hair.

What's good? ;-)

I am not saying that it is the only reason someone would rock their hair straight, but I believe it is an entrenched belief in this country that femininity is attached to one's hair length, especially in white society. A homegirl of mine who goes natural told me about how in grad school she straightened her hair one time and one of her profs told her that she "actually looked like a woman". So I think it is undeniable that it is a part of our society and people are pressured into a standard even if they aren't aware they are pressured...subliminal type thing.

I am not gonna judge somebody based on their hair choice...do what works for you, but I know what I prefer haha although I've dated pretty much any hair style you can think of, save for dreads.

Wow, we could have a long chat. I'll leave my thoughts for another time our we'd be here all day and have derailed the thread.

Wow, we could have a long chat. I'll leave my thoughts for another time our we'd be here all day and have derailed the thread.

Haha sorry for being the radical :slap: no mean to derail the thread at all...I love everyone :D

Haha sorry for being the radical :slap: no mean to derail the thread at all...I love everyone :D

No apology needed. I didn't take it that way. Probably should have included that we have similar thoughts. Hence a convo between us would end in derailment lol

No apology needed. I didn't take it that way. Probably should have included that we have similar thoughts. Hence a convo between us would end in derailment lol

Oooo I got you...my fault haha. Glad we're on the same page though :thumbup:

My ex had natural hair. I underestimated how much time it takes to do natural hair. I now understand how it's just easier to throw a perm in there.

A <25 year old former illegal immigrant mother in an interracial marriage who has dated the rainbow.

WhittyPsyche, you have got to be the most fascinating person on SDN! I'm also dying to know you and your husband's how-we-met story. :love:

Haha I never thought I was, but I am a mixed bag of stuff huh. My husband and I met in high school, when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore. We were both dating other people....had breakups. And decided to act on the friendship we had and start dating. Been together ever since.

Your not being radical, and I am well aware of the subliminal cultural norms we all have adopted as north americans. Was just trying to say it isn't all black and white! I don't care what people do with their bodies or for what reasons, to each their own.... except for skin bleaching that is just unfathomable to me.

I'll be going to SC in August! Would be nice to see you around. How is the AUC?

Sorry for the delayed response. Things get real around here so be ready to come in swinging lol Anyway, you made a great choice! Today was SC's 132nd birthday so there were white dresses everywhere :D It's great to see you've found SDN before you even started college like I did. Originally, I was dead set on GSU but MH finessed me into coming lol I don't regret it at all though. Also @ DJ I have to agree with you about Lithonia. My mom works in Decatur and I'd disagree with the saying "Decatur where it's greater" :(

Thanks! I struggled this semester so I know I'm going to have to grind extra hard and show an upward trend. I didn't realize how much work I needed but after a 6yr hiatus, I know I can get it together. Ready for summer school.

My ex had natural hair. I underestimated how much time it takes to do natural hair. I now understand how it's just easier to throw a perm in there.

10 years natural :eek: and friggin lovin in!

That being said, it works for me because I honestly never learned how to care for my hair when it was straight. Figuring how to nurture Afro hair wasn't easy and the stuff that works on straight hair won't cut it for natural..I've got it down to a science now and though it takes some serious daily maintenance.. I couldn't imagine getting rid of my super mega fro' lol.. The 1 or 2 times that I've blown my hair out, it only lasted max 3 days before I washed the hell out of it to get my curls back :love:

What's good? ;-)

I decided to go natural while in the military.. I was told that my new hairstyle was "faddish" and there was actually this whole hullabaloo regarding whether or not I would be "ordered" to get it straightened. I was like really? My hair in its natural state is "faddish" and the black women with perms are the normal ones? There was even a black woman in my workplace with dyed honey blonde hair and no one bothered her.. I guess my white higher-ups didn't realize that straight hair and blonde wasn't generally the norm for AAs. Straight ridiculous..

I am a SC Alumna. I graduated cum laude, Chemistry from the Honors Program. If you have any questions just let me know. I was pretty beastly at SC. I've been outside of the country for two years teaching English through the Fulbright program :).

It is a wonder to have met you! I am a Chemistry major, physics minor, also in the Honors Program. I'll probably send you a message cause I do not want to fill up the thread lol. I was looking at hopefully being a Fulbright scholar. And I keep going back and forth with the MD/PhD path. Part of me says I have all the time in the world but another part of me says I should not waste four years if I don't really love research. I would like to get a PhD in either chemistry, physics (may not be able to without the major), or pharmacology.

How does everyone do the curls/afros? I cant manage the curls so I just straighten it about once a month. I do want to learn though. Does anyone's hair itch a lot? Mine does, even after I wash it :/

Lmao! I can't manage curls either, I don't have the time each morning, I like low maintenance so straight is efficient. And no my hair never itches, you should get that check out XD

I am having pc issues and after finishing this response I lost the whole thing before I could post it >=[
So here it goes again...!
I am usually not on this side of the block because it is cricket quiet but thank for starting this interesting thread! I made notes because there were so many people I wanted to reply to!

Im 24 AA female from the midwest. Been a lurker on this SDN forever. I was planning on applying for 2014 cycle but I am very discouraged because I am not a competitve applicant. Ive finished undergrad with bio major and Im sitting at a 3.2c and 2.8/2.9s (depending on MD or DO apps). I spent most of undergrad telling myself I was going to get my girades up, every semester I had a plan, and it always fell through. At this point I know medicine is what I want but I guess it is not something I want bad enough to get. I dont know how to get my internal motivation back. I am not trying to make excuses but this is something real I am experiencing. I don't feel like I am uncapable or a lazy person, but once so much doubt builds up it is hard to dispel. I hate to be that person who gives up but this feeling is smothering me.

I will be starting an informal post-bac this fall, but I don't know how Im going to get straight As when I could never do it during undergrad. Ive been struggling with the mcat--I've never taken it because I dont prepare well then I cancel it. I am in a mcat prep course and was really going to just quit the whole thing a few weeks ago and take the gre and settle for something else to do. I guess you can only achieve greatness if you have the right stuff--IDK what that stuff is but I dont think I have it. Maybe a mediocre life won't be so bad.
How do you all who maintain 4.0s do it? I don't have many distractions/responsibilites in my life---boyfriend, kids, hubby, time consuming hobbies...so its just me against me. And right now Im losing =[

As to the whole URM debate...IDK if it really exisits as hardcore as people say it does on SDN, or how much it helps, but to those who say its unfair? UNFAIR?!! You can't even read the history books to see how unfair things really were because they left so much out! I swear people act like the 1950's/civil rights movement was a million years ago. It wasnt. Or that the "official" end of slavery ended all the ramifications of such and put everyone on a level playing field. Thats a joke. Anyone who thinks racism isn't alive and well is delusional, those from other races as well as our own. If you haven't heard of Dr. Umar Johnson, I recommend you YOUTUBE him. He is a child psychologist out of Philly and pan-africanist. He has many great lectures regarding our people so check him out on your down time. I think some of his views are kinda polarized but hes on point most of the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Mw2jeRzvQ

As to the question of AA males in STEM---I agree that they are few and far between. Most of my pre-meders were from Kenya, Nigeria, central africa, west africa,,, all over africa really but not many black americans! And that is males and females. I am west African myself but born in U.S.

I hate to say it but the succuessful AA man is a dying breed. They have been a target and have been naturally selected against by the system. This is not a coincidence. It begins in elementary school and is a very methodical process. Dr. Umar's speaks a lot on this topic. I hate it how society views AA males as unintelligent, unable to support their families, unable to organize, like they want to live their lives in prison and be killed by street violence etc...this a relatively new phenonmenon that has taken some decades to implement but now works like a well oiled machine.

So shout out to all the brothers who are beating the odds and setting an example for the generations after us :0) But you guys need to be the rule and not the exception if we are ever going to move ahead. Sorry another rant!

Oh and Ive been natural since 2009 with a dozen setbacks but I am still loving it.

To iave9963:Ive been researching stocks for a long time--I really want to invest but I dont know where to start. I guess the process is pretty straight forward but there are so many options, where to start? Any advice?? Im trying to build some wealth but its dang near impossible when you don't have much. Im doing the whole saving precious metals thing--like on silver saver--but that seems like it would take forever a day :0|
And locks are SEXY if done right/well-maintained, so dont fudge em up! lol

To ChemEngMD: Awe thanks for the natural love!

To PhysioG318: You said you were getting ready for your MCAT, did you ever set a date? How is it going/did it go for you? Im looking at late June if I can get my ish together.

To Ambitionista: I love your user name! ;o>

To WhittyPsyche: rofl at vanilla chocolate swirl soft serve =^D

To iTariqPreMD: You live in Peoria right? I think you may be the closest to me in this thread?! Also you had me scrambling through my dictionary throwing out words I haven't seen -phosphoinosititde?? Niceee haha. And IDK, I know I don't look friendly but Im not un-friendly...so maybe the AA females around just have put off an uninterested vibe but once you get to know them they aren't that bad??

To WalkByFaith (and all those who attend SNMA): I joined over a year ago but I am not active at all. I dont know how to get started--or even what the SNMA does? I feel like I am the only person trying to do what Im doing in my neck of the woods ...and for the last 5 years I didnt care about that...but now I feel like I am in the middle of the ocean on a piece of driftwood (and I am as anti-social as they come without having a personality disorder lol) IDK, but it would be great to network
((O__o))
Are the conferences only held annually?

To those of you who watch scandal have you seen this paraody vid by chescaleigh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ7cB7sVeM8

And also are there any AA muslims in this thread?

Congradulations you've reach the end of this ridiculously long post! lol

I am having pc issues and after finishing this response I lost the whole thing before I could post it >=[
So here it goes again...!
I am usually not on this side of the block because it is cricket quiet but thank for starting this interesting thread! I made notes because there were so many people I wanted to reply to!

Im 24 AA female from the midwest. Been a lurker on this SDN forever. I was planning on applying for 2014 cycle but I am very discouraged because I am not a competitve applicant. Ive finished undergrad with bio major and Im sitting at a 3.2c and 2.8/2.9s (depending on MD or DO apps). I spent most of undergrad telling myself I was going to get my girades up, every semester I had a plan, and it always fell through. At this point I know medicine is what I want but I guess it is not something I want bad enough to get. I dont know how to get my internal motivation back. I am not trying to make excuses but this is something real I am experiencing. I don't feel like I am uncapable or a lazy person, but once so much doubt builds up it is hard to dispel. I hate to be that person who gives up but this feeling is smothering me.

I will be starting an informal post-bac this fall, but I don't know how Im going to get straight As when I could never do it during undergrad. Ive been struggling with the mcat--I've never taken it because I dont prepare well then I cancel it. I am in a mcat prep course and was really going to just quit the whole thing a few weeks ago and take the gre and settle for something else to do. I guess you can only achieve greatness if you have the right stuff--IDK what that stuff is but I dont think I have it. Maybe a mediocre life won't be so bad.
How do you all who maintain 4.0s do it? I don't have many distractions/responsibilites in my life---boyfriend, kids, hubby, time consuming hobbies...so its just me against me. And right now Im losing =[

As to the whole URM debate...IDK if it really exisits as hardcore as people say it does on SDN, or how much it helps, but to those who say its unfair? UNFAIR?!! You can't even read the history books to see how unfair things really were because they left so much out! I swear people act like the 1950's/civil rights movement was a million years ago. It wasnt. Or that the "official" end of slavery ended all the ramifications of such and put everyone on a level playing field. Thats a joke. Anyone who thinks racism isn't alive and well is delusional, those from other races as well as our own. If you haven't heard of Dr. Umar Johnson, I recommend you YOUTUBE him. He is a child psychologist out of Philly and pan-africanist. He has many great lectures regarding our people so check him out on your down time. I think some of his views are kinda polarized but hes on point most of the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Mw2jeRzvQ

As to the question of AA males in STEM---I agree that they are few and far between. Most of my pre-meders were from Kenya, Nigeria, central africa, west africa,,, all over africa really but not many black americans! And that is males and females. I am west African myself but born in U.S.

I hate to say it but the succuessful AA man is a dying breed. They have been a target and have been naturally selected against by the system. This is not a coincidence. It begins in elementary school and is a very methodical process. Dr. Umar's speaks a lot on this topic. I hate it how society views AA males as unintelligent, unable to support their families, unable to organize, like they want to live their lives in prison and be killed by street violence etc...this a relatively new phenonmenon that has taken some decades to implement but now works like a well oiled machine.

So shout out to all the brothers who are beating the odds and setting an example for the generations after us :0) But you guys need to be the rule and not the exception if we are ever going to move ahead. Sorry another rant!

Oh and Ive been natural since 2009 with a dozen setbacks but I am still loving it.

To iave9963:Ive been researching stocks for a long time--I really want to invest but I dont know where to start. I guess the process is pretty straight forward but there are so many options, where to start? Any advice?? Im trying to build some wealth but its dang near impossible when you don't have much. Im doing the whole saving precious metals thing--like on silver saver--but that seems like it would take forever a day :0|

To ChemEngMD: Awe thanks for the natural love!

To PhysioG318: You said you were getting ready for your MCAT, did you ever set a date? How is it going/did it go for you? Im looking at late June if I can get my ish together.

To Ambitionista: I love your user name! ;o>

To WhittyPsyche: rofl at vanilla chocolate swirl soft serve =^D

To iTariqPreMD: You live in Peoria right? I think you may be the closest to me in this thread?! Also you had me scrambling through my dictionary throwing out words I haven't seen -phosphoinosititde?? Niceee haha. And IDK, I know I don't look friendly but Im not un-friendly...so maybe the AA females around just have put off an uninterested vibe but once you get to know them they aren't that bad??

To WalkByFaith (and all those who attend SNMA): I joined over a year ago but I am not active at all. I dont know how to get started--or even what the SNMA does? I feel like I am the only person trying to do what Im doing in my neck of the woods ...and for the last 5 years I didnt care about that...but now I feel like I am in the middle of the ocean on a piece of driftwood (and I am as anti-social as they come without having a personality disorder lol) IDK, but it would be great to network
((O__o))
Are the conferences only held annually?

To those of you who watch scandal have you seen this paraody vid by chescaleigh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ7cB7sVeM8

And also are there any AA muslims in this thread?

Congradulations you've reach the end of this ridiculously long post! lol

Sometimes I think about converting... But I'm not sure yet

Sometimes I think about converting... But I'm not sure yet

I converted in Jan. but I did my research for some years prior. I love the ideals of Islam but let me tell you Islam has its equivalent of the "church folk" in Christianity. Im not really into rituals and religiousness (especially man-made traditions that are declared to be of divine origin) so that automatically makes me an outcast in Islam. Oh well can't win for losing :0/

Hey Hey,

I read your long post, lol I loved it. As I read each line I had so much to say about each thing, then by the time I reached Congratulations it all went out the other ear and I forgot what I was going to say!
Let me say if I can brevi it up

-I have a 4.0, but I warn you I am a maniac when it comes to school. I think some people call that teacher's pet? lol I am up all of my professors asses 24/7 we email constantly probably at least every other day, (doing so has gotten some nice scholarships via recommendations though ^_^) I check, double check, triple check everything. Once you get OCD with school it becomes more surprising if you don't get a 100%. I was not always so anal, but these days I wonder why I get a 98.5 on an assignment and go to office hours to figure out why haha. My professors don't hate me though because I am the sweetest person even when worried about grades, I don't rush or agitate. You are right intrinsic motivation is a driving factor, and it is not always easy to find that. I struggled with it in high school, got the "potential but does not apply herself" often from teachers family life was crazy and I lost the need to do well. Being an illegal immigrant, and having a child put me two years behind my graduating class. Those two years I was hungry for an education. When I say I craved it, trust me I craved it. I studied independently and every year took an AP test in may as a -graduate but not enrolled- at my old high school. I think this period helped me find my motivation so when I started school it was head down and grind. Maybe you need to find your craving. Find that reason why you absolutely need this, why you have to push push push harder all the way through. It is not impossible to find this in post bacc. It actually may be easier because now you are a year off of what you had expected, use that as your driving factor, don't get left behind. You can do it!
-Great job being natural
-AA males, the systematic oppression can be discussed for years, but your right guys like ChemENg DickJones, iTariq need to become the rule. Interesting I was watching a documentary that discussed how the welfare system has effectively isolated the black man. They stressed how upon its implementation it required that the father not be living in the home or supporting the children in any way. So women divorced their husbands and had to remove them from their families in order to feed their children.
-All the people that says AA action is not fair I would really love for them to take some real american history. Look at the centuries of slavery, then centuries of civil oppression, and so on and tell how the few years that AA has existed and the reach for diversity is so unfair to them. Please. I am also in support for Latinos of course they have suffered from this country's racism since the Industrial Revolution. But ahh this will go on forever. We all know, ITT, what the truth is. I just wish the anti AA would realize how many more of their white counterparts beat them out who had lesser grades than they did. That wouldn't do anything though, ignorance is hard to cure.

Last edited:

Super long post lol, I am trying to come here and post every few days to keep the thread alive. Back to your question, I would start with www.investopedia.com It's a great site to learn the basics and super easy to follow. You might not have much to invest now, but just see it as practice for the future :)

NOTED! :)

ignorance is hard to cure.

:thumbup:

Super long post lol, I am trying to come here and post every few days to keep the thread alive.

Same I think we may just need to open a social thread so other minorities/males will not be discouraged due to this thread's title. We are all in the same position.

Same I think we may just need to open a social thread so other minorities/males will not be discouraged due to this thread's title. We are all in the same position.

Wooooah fall back. Speaking for the other minorities and the males, I don't get discouraged by a thread showcasing the African American women of SDN...I get encouraged...:naughty: what's good ladies? :laugh:

Well, I am a user of the creamy crack.. (even though I believe the natural discussion is now over lol). I just don't have the time or energy to go natural at the moment, but maybe in the future. I have started to take a lot better care of my hair than before. Its good see this huge movement of black women and healthy hair, I love it!

Anyways.. What is everybody's plans for summer?? Especially the ones who will be starting school in the fall. How will you spend your last months of freedom lol jk

Well, I am a user of the creamy crack.. (even though I believe the natural discussion is now over lol). I just don't have the time or energy to go natural at the moment, but maybe in the future. I have started to take a lot better care of my hair than before. Its good see this huge movement of black women and healthy hair, I love it!

Anyways.. What is everybody's plans for summer?? Especially the ones who will be starting school in the fall. How will you spend your last months of freedom lol jk

I'll be losing weight for Army HPSP

On another note.... My wife wouldn't dare conduct herself the way those women did on M2M last night.... I'm sorry.... Those papers would've gotten signed the next morning

On another note.... My wife wouldn't dare conduct herself the way those women did on M2M last night.... I'm sorry.... Those papers would've gotten signed the next morning

Edit: future wife lol

23. Haitian female.
Non-traditional applicant.
1st Bachelors in Philosophy ( Summer '13 graduation)
Going for a Second Bachelors in Neuroscience. ( Beginning Fall 2013"
Located in sunny Miami.

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" - Whittier

Lol I love that show! But they did act foolishly. Toya should have never approached her at the party though.