AMCAS site down!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

browneyed girl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to get on the site for over an hour! that's how competitive applying to med school is.....hope that I don't have to wait until tomorrow to apply.

Members don't see this ad.

It really doesn't matter, all the applications that get in from today until about two weeks from today will get to the schools at the same time because of the verification process.

Thanks...Donnie1310
this is my first time applying and have the worse stats so I thought you had to get your apps as early as possible as in....today before midnight:oops: LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, just get it in sometime this week and you'll be early. Really, primary in June and secondaries by early august = early.

"Early" is more or less measured in weeks here, not hours :)

Can someone tell me more about this verification process? How does it make someone submitting today the same as someone else submitting one-two weeks from now?

Can someone tell me more about this verification process? How does it make someone submitting today the same as someone else submitting one-two weeks from now?

In general it takes longer the later you submit. I don't think a delay of a couple weeks to present a better application will hurt you. Per the AMCAS homepage the first waves of apps aren't transmitted to schools until the 17th.

I know that the AMCAS site was down yesterday for a few hours, however, I have been having difficulty submitting my payment. I have tried several credit cards, all of which are in good standing, but have been unsuccesful. Is there still something wrong with the site, or is it me?

Status
Not open for further replies.