Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete!

Members don't see this ad.

Email today detailing that my app is under review and ill hear back within three weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Weird, I never got an email saying my app was under review but I got a secondary today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Weird, I never got an email saying my app was under review but I got a secondary today.
I got the under review email today (a few days after receiving/submitting my secondary).

Nevermind, I thought they were talking about primary app was under review. My mistake!

strange i got my secondary like a week and a half ago. still wont be able to submit until lors are ready...

Secondary submitted! I'm not wasting any time this cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
@JDWannabe Just a quick question.

How did you guys submit the PDF file with secondary questions.

I noticed once I submitted the secondary application, it directed me to a file attachment. I just attached the file to that.

Is that what you guys did too?

I noticed once I submitted the secondary application, it directed me to a file attachment. I just attached the file to that.

That's what I did!

Yes. So glad I didn't have to worry about any computer glitches either.

Question guys,

After submitted the payment for the application, I was prompted to the page to upload the files. However, after I attached the files in, click finish, it return me to the regular page... Does that mean my upload fail? It does not show any completed application or anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
Question guys,

After submitted the payment for the application, I was prompted to the page to upload the files. However, after I attached the files in, click finish, it return me to the regular page... Does that mean my upload fail? It does not show any completed application or anything...

The same exact thing happened to me so hopefully it works out for us

Also in the email they said they would not send a confirmation for completed supplement application it would only send a confirmation email when everything including MCAT letter of recommendations etc. are received

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also in the email they said they would not send a confirmation for completed supplement application it would only send a confirmation email when everything including MCAT letter of recommendations etc. are received

They make me feel like I paid $50 for a ghost lol.

I know I've already stated this but let me know if anyone has questions about ACOM and the process. I'm an incoming OMS-I, I wouldn't have been as successful with last cycle if it weren't for the help of current students at each school!

Also, I'm from the Midwest so going south is going to be exciting/different.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users

Same thing for me, so I guess its normal.

Question guys,

I didnt receive any type of confirmation page either. If you read the email they send out requesting the secondary it really isnt clear what to expect, but they do suggest emailing your essay questions directly to them if you have an issue.

Got an email last cycle with my secondary saying I needed a newer prof reference. I'm hoping the one I have this time works for them.

Does anyone know when they first started sending II's last cycle?

This is weird. Received an email reminder about missing documents, which is my second science faculty letter. This letter I believed is sent to AACOMAS hmmm.

This is weird. Received an email reminder about missing documents, which is my second science faculty letter. This letter I believed is sent to AACOMAS hmmm.
Call! They were so quick and receptive on the phone. And I adore their southern accents!

It was probably unsigned or not on letterhead. That's what they told me when I called!

It was probably unsigned or not on letterhead. That's what they told me when I called!

I talked to my professors and they said they did sign and letter head
In addition, I believe other schools like ATSU, UIW has no problem in completed my letter

Last edited:
In addition, I believe other schools like ATSU, UIW has no problem in completed my letter

They did the same thing to me last cycle. Even though it was on letterhead, they were the only ones who had a problem with the age of the faculty letter.

Does anyone know when they first started sending II's last cycle?

Last years thread reported a good number of IIs July 30th. But they received secondaries in early July.

A lot of us got secondaries late June so theres a chance it could come earlier.

That's weird. Are you using Interfolio, so you can confirm they're signed by calling them? I had one of mine unsigned and sent to ATSU, and they didn't say a peep about it. Not sure about UIW.

That's weird. Are you using Interfolio, so you can confirm they're signed by calling them? I had one of mine unsigned and sent to ATSU, and they didn't say a peep about it. Not sure about UIW.

I used Interfolio indeed. How do you confirm that? Yeah, all of others school does not say a peep abt it.

I used Interfolio indeed. How do you confirm that? Yeah, all of others school does not say a peep abt it.

I just called them and asked if they could confirm each letter was signed and on letterhead. They'll need the email you use to sign in and they'll just ask what letters you want to check. Just make sure to ask if it's a printed signature as I believe Interfolio has digital signatures too.

Last edited:
Last years thread reported a good number of IIs July 30th. But they received secondaries in early July.

A lot of us got secondaries late June so theres a chance it could come earlier.
I guess in my complete email they said "within three weeks", which means theoretically I should hear by like July 20

I want an II here so bad!!!!

This is one of the main few schools I really like. I've heard it's one of the best DO schools to go to since it's a long established state school with excellent rotations set up.

I received my secondary yesterday and finished it that afternoon. Anyone else think it was weird that they asked for ACT scores?

PEOPLE. Just got off the phone with ACOM. A batch of II's are going out tomorrow.

Reactions: 5 users

Last edited:
Let's all be irl friends!

I was "complete and under review" on 6/29. What about you guys?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile