ADC exam buddy group here!(pls come in and join)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
When are you going to take your preliminary?
Cheers :hardy:
Dr. Melbourne

Hi Dr melbourne ,
I am appearing in the september exam this year.
Cheers

Waqar

Members don't see this ad.

Hello hardworking dentists,
Glad to hear Sonpari and Enlighten recieved their positive results for Premilinary and really happy for them.:thumbup: Well, hope others get theirs soon as waiting can get jittery. Wondering what is overall passing percentage this time!? At least, it would be a good news that most of us on this forum clear in their first attempt. I guess that can be estimated only once everyone post their results.
cheers!!!:thumbup::)

hello :)

congratulations to all of you who passed the exam :cool: :thumbup:

i just wondering who have the famous boucher book :rolleyes:

thanks and let's keep studying :D:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
tnx to all buddies and congrats to enlighten and drill and others who have passed ....
u guys have been real help esp helos , dentmumaussi
its nice to clear and but reali difficult to believ that the real hurdle is still left
hope that also goes like this
would be expecting ur help again frenz ....
well i wanted to tell my adc mcq and saq exp but kept quite ...didnt want to advice till the results :laugh::laugh::laugh: but now i can lolz
well what i can rememeber now is paper 1 was 1000 + and second was more of general medicine ....v imp to keep ur basics clear ....
saqs must say are unpredictable ......which i did ok ...but i was sure abt my first answer .....but as the say all is well that end well

frens help each other ...pl dont forget we all are doctors and we need to behave responsibly with each other
special thanks to martha and dr aschwander for their help; god bless u both
will need ur help again

good luck to those who havent revieved result and are sept exam going ..
god bless all
and remember there is no short cut to success and above all PRAY thats what saves u at last :D:D:D

and now seniz pl guide towards clinicals dont know how and where to start :confused::confused::confused:
cheers

Arsalan,plz check the folder.Someone plz tell me if I can post messages pertaining to any material downloads in the forum

no u cant ...as this forum has escaped three deadly attacks of closure by moderators ....pl dont post any links to copyright material

cheers

Hi everyone again?

i have couple of questions
1)i send the prelimanary application form to the ADC. How long does it take to reply back to me for the adc? im getting nervous!!!

2) and how many questions are there in the each papers i didnt understand it?
please im getting really nervous and i realize that im really slow in revising all of these again i need your recommendations.. i have been going through the mcqs and if i struggle i read all the related subject again from the refered books.. is that what i suppose to do
and i feel good about 'clinical problem solving dentistr' i mean it is a gerat book!!! i3) what is the format of saqs guys! how long or how many words do i need to write..i think i need to study on the format too hey? what do u think guys... please comment ...:laugh:):)

hi girls and boys sorry that i have disappeared for a while. two many stuffs going on and i am still waiting for march mcq results , don't know if I could pass but hoping so.

i will give help to you as much as I can.

Tell me who is going to do September MCQ here ?
hi drill im going to do september sit please help...recommend something ,do something :)))

Hi Dr. melbourne

in some recent threads i've read you did dr pulses online course...
am i wrong? if not could you please give info about that ? was it helpful ..i cannot dicipline myself at the moment that is why i need something to keep me in duty... i searched on the internet but i may be wrong about the courses name so please help!!!!!!:confused:

THANX FOR THE HELP YOU R GIVING US SONPARI.:love:

WHAT I INCUR IS THAT PAPER 1 HAS OVER 1000 MCQS IN IT. UNFORTUNATLY I COULD NOT GRASP HOW MANY SAQS THERE ARE IN PAPER 2.:confused::confused::confused:

KINDLY GIVE A BIT OF A DETAIL ABT THE PRELIM EXAM AS A WHOLE.:)

THANX AND GOOD LUCK:luck: 4 THE CLINICALS:thumbup:

WHAT I INCUR IS THAT PAPER 1 HAS OVER 1000 MCQS IN IT. UNFORTUNATLY I COULD NOT GRASP HOW MANY SAQS THERE ARE IN PAPER 2.:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks alot dear Metronidazole and enlighten for Odell and therapeutic guideline:thumbup::D:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Its difficult to find boucher and cawson MCQ's ...anyone who can help?:confused:

Hi Dr. melbourne

in some recent threads i've read you did dr pulses online course...
am i wrong? if not could you please give info about that ? was it helpful ..i cannot dicipline myself at the moment that is why i need something to keep me in duty... i searched on the internet but i may be wrong about the courses name so please help!!!!!!:confused:

i havn't done this course myself. i had just onc mentioned on the forum to check. i think you wont need this course if you do your own preperation properly.

don't get confused and nervous about the exam format. you wil get some sample pepersthe exam format detail + marking system from the ADC when they will send you the exam dates.just try to concentrate on your studies.

for SQAs ...1 hour is the allocated time and you have to write 3 answers, including one compulsory. you will get
an average of 20 minutes for each answer. there are only 6 pages in the answer book and you can not ask for more sheets and you don't need more space, even thats more than enough. the answer must be to the point and properly composed.

cheers :hardy:
dr. melbourne

WHAT I INCUR IS THAT PAPER 1 HAS OVER 1000 MCQS IN IT. UNFORTUNATLY I COULD NOT GRASP HOW MANY SAQS THERE ARE IN PAPER 2

hi babiwal
tnx for appreciating ....
ad now u have 5 in all out of which ist ques is compulsory and u got to choose two out of other four ...ques can be clinical, or non clinical ...depnds on ur luck...there is nothing that comes out of blue everything is straightforward
adc saqs are very vague guess aimed at knowing how much u know abt the topic ..(like say number of diffrential diagnosis u can give etc )...i followd odells format writing answers from history ...ofcourse u need to figure out what needs to be written and what can be left ...there is separate answer booklet for each ques sori to differ doc melbourne but i had three pages on each which as u said were enough....now abt anwsering in time i feel it depnds on ur own fluency and speed ...i took 35 min for ques 1 and 20 min for other two with 5 min for me to just revise them ...so try practicing three ques in 1hr which i did get a chance to do but never did lolz:D

as far as mcqs are concerned the second paper is usually tough than paper 1 with more of general ques i think basically aimed on getting to know ur basics..both have 80 ques each ..
keep in mind that exam is nt that tough its ur thinking that makes it one
just keep working towards ur goal slowly ans steadly:D:D:D...we all know our calibre just plan it accordingly ...

any querries let me know
cheers

i am very happy for you !!congratulations to all...

wish that we will have more people to pass this session !

.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
john

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: tnx
i remembr congratulating u last time...:p
well how abt ur clinicals prep and al de best
may be by now u would have had them
pl help ...

thanks very much dr.melbourne for your respond...
and how many mcqs are there in the exam? :confused:

if i wiil not get anything 2morro from adc im going to give them a call...

thanks very much dr.melbourne for your respond...
and how many mcqs are there in the exam? :confused:

if i wiil not get anything 2morro from adc im going to give them a call...

Hi
SQAs paper has got total of 5 question. the 1st one is compulsory and then you can choos 2 in the rest of the 4.
mostly it is clinical. odell helped me alot in attempting SQA paper. i could attempt 2 answers from the odell.
best of luck
dr. melbourne

Dear sonpari !
i will have my clinicals in the november 2008 session...

don't know when or where exactly yet...

so...we are in the same boat....

keep in touch..
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
john

hello guys!
ADC replied me finally!!! and im sitting in september prelimanary in brisbane
who else is sitting in brisbane?

Hi!! Sonpari, john samaha, doctormelbourne it was great to hear ur result. Congrats!! to all. Im really very happy.

Hello everybody, I'm new member in this forum. I learned last week that I cleared the last March OET and I'm very glad. But the way is still long and tough...
Just a question ; does anybody know how long does it take to ADC once the received your "Assessment for Professional Qualifications" fiel to register you and hence, be allowed to sit for the Preliminary exam.
And, to sit at the september session, what is the application closing date ?
Thank for your answer.

Hi Guys, Some news for you? ADC has withdrawn the licence for 2 Dentist found distributing and Posting MCQ and some ADC question papers. Please be careful when you post or email stuff to others Thanks

Hi to all , I just cleared the preliminary looking forward to clinical .

Hi
Congtrates to you and all those who clreaded the preliminary exam. Now fasten your seat belts and strat your flight for the clinical exam preperation.
Good luck :hardy:
Dr. melbourne

Can any1 tell me if we pay for the assessment and getting the ADC reference # would we have to pay for the preliminary exam again?:confused:

If yes, then how much is the fee for that.

And is it necessary to sit the next preliminary exam after assessment, no matter what, or could the date be deferred.

Heartiest congrats to you :hardy: :)
And best of luck for the up coming clinical exams.:luck:

And do remember us by helping us out. ;)

And to those who have not yet cleared plz dnt worry. :idea: InshAllah you will clear it in the next attempt, just stay positive.:thumbup:

Hi Guys,

it`s important for those who need the OET results to apply for the prelim. in september to check the OET Homepage!!!!

good luck

hi guys
dr.melbourne, sonpari, and all those who cleared their part 1 congrats to all, even i cleared my part1.....:)
i m sooooooo relieved.....
can u p;ple plz tell me how u guys gonna start for clinicals now?
wats the schedule for clinicals?
i think we all will b for november slot......
does any1 know CD1,CD2,CD3 has which all subjects, so v can start preparing accordingly....

Can any1 tell me if we pay for the assessment and getting the ADC reference # would we have to pay for the preliminary exam again?:confused:

If yes, then how much is the fee for that.

And is it necessary to sit the next preliminary exam after assessment, no matter what, or could the date be deferred.

Hi
Look....there are four steps in this whole ADC process.
1) Assessment...
2) OET
3) Preliminary...I paid 930 Australian $ last year.
4) Clinical.....5500$
For each of the above steps, you have to pay the fee seperetly.
so pal you have to arrange a big sac full of dollars lol.
best of luck.
Dr. Melbourne

i have also cleared ADC1 :laugh::D:laugh: and preparing now for ADC2
we have to share our knowlege to get more chance to pass the clinical
cheers

Hi

I am a dentist, planning to appear for the ADC exam for the first time in 2008/09. Can any one tell me the exact procedure to get the exam registraion form and approx. fee and any other formalities that may be there to sit for this exam.

Also I would like to get in touch with a study group based in Pune or In SYDNEY.

Meanwhile any help/suggestion in preparing for this exam will be much appreciated.

Also is this true that the exam is going to be stopped next year, and everyone will have to do a full time course of 3 years.

My email ID is [email protected]

Thanks

Hi
Look....there are four steps in this whole ADC process.
1) Assessment...
2) OET
3) Preliminary...I paid 930 Australian $ last year.
4) Clinical.....5500$
For each of the above steps, you have to pay the fee seperetly.
so pal you have to arrange a big sac full of dollars lol.
best of luck.
Dr. Melbourne
hi dr. melbourne
i cleared part 1, n now m preparing for clinicals
how do i go bout it?
n wich all subjects does CD1,CD2,CD3 has?
plz guide me a bit bout clinicals?
i think u appearing dis nov...
i have no idea bout how clinicals is done
can u plz tell me n give an idea bout clinicals
my e-mail id [email protected]
looking 4ward to ur reply...
thanx in advance..

i have also cleared ADC1 :laugh::D:laugh: and preparing now for ADC2
we have to share our knowlege to get more chance to pass the clinical
cheers

hi
even i jus cleared my part 1, how r u starting for clinicals?
plz share some info?i m based in mumbai, india...
wer r u?

Hi

I am a dentist, planning to appear for the ADC exam for the first time in 2008/09. Can any one tell me the exact procedure to get the exam registraion form and approx. fee and any other formalities that may be there to sit for this exam.

Also I would like to get in touch with a study group based in Pune or In SYDNEY.

Meanwhile any help/suggestion in preparing for this exam will be much appreciated.

Also is this true that the exam is going to be stopped next year, and everyone will have to do a full time course of 3 years.

My email ID is [email protected]

Thanks
hi
u go to adc site u'll get full info,
u have to get ur eligibility assessment done b4 u sit for any exams.
den oet(occupational english test)n den u can take up adc exams...
fees for dese exams wud b available on site, n forms will b sent by adc, wen u do ur eligibility assessment.
jus log on to deir site n get started....
cheers all the best:D

hi
enlighten07, aussidentist, sonpari n dr.melbourne,
i have cleared part1 wid u all only,
can u plz tell me now how to start for clinicals
do u guys have list of books to study from?
plz give me some info how r u all prapering now?
n since i m in india, its a bit more difficult for me to get 2geder n study
but i m ready to discuss online n study 2geder
plz help.....:confused::scared:
my e-mail [email protected]

Hi dear Enlighten, VIP, and others who sent e-mail to me

I was out of the city and there i didn't have any access to Internet . Today i sent whatever you asked to your e-mails.:thumbup::luck:
Sorry for delay responding:D
cheers.

I was out of the city and there i didn't have any access to Internet . Today i sent whatever you asked to your e-mails.:thumbup::luck:
cheers.

please help regarding clinicals for novembr.I just cleared the prelims for march.any one can guide how to start preparing for clinicals...

Hi Guys, Some news for you? ADC has withdrawn the licence for 2 Dentist found distributing and Posting MCQ and some ADC question papers. Please be careful when you post or email stuff to others Thanks

Hi Dr bright, you are right , I know the Dentist who lost the Licence

cheers.

Hi, will you please send me some thing to my email, [email protected]Thanks in Advance
Peter

hi dr. melbourne
i cleared part 1, n now m preparing for clinicals
how do i go bout it?
n wich all subjects does CD1,CD2,CD3 has?
plz guide me a bit bout clinicals?
i think u appearing dis nov...
i have no idea bout how clinicals is done
can u plz tell me n give an idea bout clinicals
my e-mail id [email protected]
looking 4ward to ur reply...
thanx in advance..

Hi
congrates on passing preliminary.
don't worry about the clinical as when i passed my preliminary .. i had also no idea about the clinical exam format and course but i did some research and got information.
Well I don't know about the numbers like CD1 , 2 and 3 but I know what subjects each has got.
one CD has got endo+ peads+ fixed + operative.
the other has got pero + RPD
the 3rd one has got surgery + oral medicine/pathology + infection control +radiology.
so they have put related subjects together.
and if someone fails one CD out of 3, he has to sit in that CD only in supply but if more than one CD than has to reppear the whole exam.
dr. melbourne

hi
enlighten07, aussidentist, sonpari n dr.melbourne,
i have cleared part1 wid u all only,
can u plz tell me now how to start for clinicals
do u guys have list of books to study from?
plz give me some info how r u all prapering now?
n since i m in india, its a bit more difficult for me to get 2geder n study
but i m ready to discuss online n study 2geder
plz help.....:confused::scared:
my e-mail [email protected]
hi
dont worry ..i m in melbourne but studying all alone at my home and doing no course.
one advantage of being in india would be..atleast you would be able to buy all the books with cheap prices lol as here they are very expansive.
you can choose one best book for each subject from the ADC recommended book list which we all get with the preliminary exam date schedule.
my advice would be to do a little bit of research and read the old posts on the forum.
dr. melbourne

please help regarding clinicals for novembr.I just cleared the prelims for march.any one can guide how to start preparing for clinicals...

hi
the 1st step would be... to collect all the books required for the clinicals.
then you can start studying some easy subject like "clinical hand book of pediatric dentistry" by cameron
dr. melbourne

Hi Dr bright, you are right , I know the Dentist who lost the Licence

Hi
but how did the ADC track these dentists as here all have got fake names.
dr. melbourne

Hello dr. melbourne

I would appreciate if you please could send me some help about Preliminary Exam as i am giving my exam in September 2008.

can you please send me MCQ's ans SAQs.

thanks in advance.
GD

Congrats everyone to all those whuve cleared the prelim exam...and best of luck to those whove yet to appear.I would appreciate if anyone clearing the exam can share info with me regarding the exam.my email adress ids [email protected].
plz do help id appreciate

Status
Not open for further replies.